+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Cynology College are Scammers

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyskyes
    jon, you're a mechanical design engineer, (so says your profile)?? Yet you resort to insulting some one's use of the English language. Maybe, just maybe, it's their second language.
    What does my job title have to do with talking to someone about their posts? Anyways, my first comment on saying that I thought the persons post was uneducated had nothing to do with grammatical errors, instead it was on the content of the post. My second response was in defense of the post directed toward a supposed grammatical error in my post, in which I have every right to defend!!!

Maybe they weren't as blessed as you to have family that could send them to college. You, as an "educated" person, should be aware that's there's better ways to spend your time, voicing your opinions and questioning credibility than on a site such as this...(there's a lot going on in this country, as well as the world, in case you're not aware of it) of course if you decide to use your time in a more relevant fashion, it will take thinking, not something like "Oh yeah, well I have more education than you ha ha ha..." That kind of feedback says you have a college degree but not a lot of wisdom. Surely you can speak more intelligently than what you have demonstrated here.
    First off I sent myself to college while working 30 - 35 hours a week, and I am now paying for the loans I used to get through school, so don't assume you know anything about me. Secondly, I am aware of what is going on in this country, and again you know nothing about me so don't presume to think all I do is post on these forums (which hurts nothing), because if you do you are wrong!! Also, I have said nothing about having more education than anyone, so there is no need for exaggeration. So from your false assumptions about me, you shouldn't comment on the wisdom of others, but instead focus more on yours.

Also, previewing your posts, yes i do research, you spend a lot of time telling people these get rich quick schemes are a scam..now how much intelligence does that take?? Why not say something like "Get a job"...why spend so much time reading and posting to people who are looking for an easy buck? Why not USE your educated mind for something more worthwhile than replying to something like "duh...can I make a lot of money from roulette analyzer"..c'mon...give me a break.
    It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to determine which of these schemes are scams, and I have never said it did! However, a lot of people don't know how to tell (And I do REASEARCH to come to my conclusions), so what we do here is help them out the best we can!! Also, if you research you will find several people who have thanked us for helping them out, and to me that makes posting here worth it. Again, you go assuming that I do nothing but post here, which just goes to show how narrow minded you are.

Now I would say, maybe I'm lacking the intelligence for it to be easy for me, but I don't lack intelligence.

If I did, I would spend my free time jumping on bandwagons on message boards going rah, rah, rah, blah, blah, blah.
    So, from your post, only people who lack intelligence post on message boards??? I could give a list of forums where the people are extremely intelligent, so please quit making these false claims!!!

Well, even though you have falsely assumed many things about me, I will still be generous enough to help you out. Go to the CP (Control Panel) link at the top of the page and from there you can uncheck the box so that you don't receive any e-mails!!

Hey dummy jon what are you still doing on this site if I may quote you
    "only people who lack intelligence post on message boards"
    That tells us enough about your intelligence?????????????????
    well said gypsyskyes, we can very well see who's educated by your
    post as opposed to dummy jon
    dobe

Give me proof that only people who lack intelligence post on message boards!! If the only useful information you can provide is to make false claims about other individuals then it is you that lacks intelligence!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon8105
    Give me proof that only people who lack intelligence post on message boards!! If the only useful information you can provide is to make false claims about other individuals then it is you that lacks intelligence!!

Just by your posts 231 tweet you obviously have nothing
    better to do of your days then just bla bla bla on these
    sites and you mean to tell me that you are INTELLIGENT
    ya right duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My name is Kelsi. I have been researching continuing education courses regarding dog training when I ran across this post. Regardless of when the last post was, it still exists and I feel that I should reply. I do not know of this college in particular, was looking at another, so I will speak simply from my personal position and opinion as you keep in mind that I have no experience as a student of these schools.
    Unlike most people my age, I have no current chance at a college education. Due to my lifestyle (military spouse), there are very few financial assistance opportunitys, and I am only eligeable for one which will not take me all the way to a degree. I have to start a career somewhere.
    Dog training and behavior, as a profession as mentioned above, is not regulated. Therefor, a lot of dog trainers are self educated; a lot of behavioralist are self educated as well as taking advantage of courses/schools like these and seminars from leading dog trainers throughout the country. I personally see nothing wrong with this as it is a growing and developing part of the pet industry. In the last 50 years seems to be where this subject has really developed.
    Those whom Ive come across who have strong opinions on dog trainers and behavioralist seem to know nothing about it than what they've researched on the internet. And there really is MORE to it than that! Respected dog trainers will happily argue against you in regards to what type of education people need to get the job done.
    I am greatful to know that there are cheaper options on education for me such as these schools, that DO SPECIALIZE in the subjects I need to focus on. They will get me started on a deeper understanding of dog training rather than sit and stay procedures, and hopefully I can use this knowledge in a successful beginning to a career and later I will be able to afford a full degree at a college. Thank you

As a trainer of dogs for 41 years, and holding two (2) Masters degrees (Psychology/ Beh. Med and Applied Animal Behavior (Canine Focus) at a real University I'd like to point a few things out. Just because there is no licensing or regulation of "Dog Trainers" or "Dog Behaviorists" and anyone can claim to be one, doesn't mean they know squat about Dogs, behavior, training or ethical business practices. All of these self appointed "experts", their self accrediting schools and the Associations (many named in this thread) that enable them; are flimflam artists at best, and are robbing the public blind! My business (operating in 9 Maryland counties) has an average of 62% of clients yearly who have graduated courses of dog training from people with one "associations" or another's letters behind their name. Their dogs may know a behavior on command or two, and "walk politely" on a leash, but they return to or escalate in previous (or acquire new) maladaptive behaviors. Upon completion of our obedience course every dog is calm, submissive and attentive to the owner/handler at all times and they have skills that rival and surpass those of most therapy/service dogs. Myths, fables, and misinformation abounds regarding the science/art of Dog Training and they are propagated by pseudo experts. A handler does not a trainer make. Nor a dog rescuer. Nor a Vet Tech, et al. (Including most practicing Veteranarians, who may hold Doctorate, but only receive a cursory overview of animal behavior).

These "Close Cover Before Striking School of Truck Driving" types of Dog Training Schools are an absolute travesty.