+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Trail Head Options

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS PLACE I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM STATING IT WAS LEGGIT. I ACTUALLY WAS VERY VERY TEMPTED BY THE LETTER. BUT I NEED A LITTLE FEED BACK SO HAVE YOU HEARD OF SUCH A PLACE... I WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON.... :confused:

Re: Trail Head Options

My Girlfriend just received this one in the mail also. I had to read it 4 times before I finally got how the scam works. Heres a basic jist of it.

You send them a "registration fee".

They send you a box full of letters and envelopes without postage.

You stuff these and mail them out on your dime.

You then pray that the people you sent the letters to return them back to the company.

You then get paid for the ones that got returned - which - counting on human nature - will probably be 1% of the ones you sent.

Guess what - you will NEVER get the registration fee back and will NEVER see that $590 - $5000 a week paycheck.

Don't fall for this one - I just filed it in the circular file after finally understanding how it works.

One final note - did a reverse search on the phone number provided and it goes to some guy's apartment. Makes ya think eh? Also - the letter goes back to a P.O. Box - not a company address - usually the first sign of a scam.

Yeah this scam is an old one. Been around for years. Imagine if you really could make $1000 plus a week just stuffing envelopes? There would be alot less traffic on the road and corporate america would be starving for employees.

Everyone would be stuffing envelopes for that kind of money, even doctors and lawyers.

im so shocked and glad i found this page im sitting here ready to write out my check.

im really need an at home business some how or an other. i thought i found it.

so here i am checking it out and blown away by this scam.

i new really deep in my heart it was to good to be true.

does any one out there no of any work at home businesses?

im in need.

i want to thank everyone for saving my 149.99 that i would of sent for nothing they didnt clearly explain the 1 percent you would get out of the hundreds of letters and postage you buy.

someone is sitting back getting rich.

thankyou again
    yasmine

hey my father got a letter from Trail Head Options and send stuff in like a month and so ago. I was woundering if you have heard if this is just a scam or something?

Guys here is the facts on this Trailhead Option. This report is from the bbb. Please note some of this has to be put into parts.

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau«
    Serving Arkansas
    12521 Kanis Road
    Little Rock, AR 72211
    (501) 664-7274
    www.arkansas.bbb.org

Trail Head Options
    PO Drawer 7810
    Van Buren, AR 72956
    Telephone: (479) 471-8199
    www.cre8-dreams.com

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report
    BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Principal: Ms. Sharon Jeannette Henningsen, Agent
    Customer Contact: Ms. Sharon Jeannette Henningsen, Agent - (479) 471-8199
    File Open Date: June 2000
    TOB Classification: Work-At-Home Cos.
    BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Additional DBA Names

Home Business Systems
    Postal Express
    Living Independent
    TDH Home Business Systems

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
    BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern
    BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the Bureau due to failure to respond to one or more complaints and or two or more otherwise unresolved
    BBB Definition:

unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

complaints. However the business has resolved
    BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

most complaints presented to the bureau.

The Bureau has determined that there is a pattern
    BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints from customers stating they do not feel the material or product supplied by the company meets their expectations based on the company's promotional and marketing material.

The Bureau has also requested but has not received documentation supporting the company's advertisements of earnings claims for individuals participating in this program. The company also has a pattern
    BBB Definition:

of complaints from individuals who were unable to achieve the earnings they were told they would make. Charges were filed by the Arkansas Attorney General's office in January 2005 against this company. The charges against the company were under the Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 46 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 46 complaints closed in 36 months, 11 were closed in the last year.

Advertising Issues
    BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

End of Part 1

Guys here is the facts on this Trailhead Option. This report is from the bbb. Please note some of this has to be put into parts.

-----Beginning of Part 2 --------------------------------------------------

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    3 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.

Contract Issues
    BBB Definition:

Contract Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor contract or agreement, work performed without authorization, or invalid contract.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    Administratively Closed
    BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined the company made a good faith and reasonable effort to resolve the issues, although the complainant was not always satisfied with the outcome.

1 - The parties could not provide sufficient information to support their positions nor were they agreeable to make reasonable efforts toward resolving the issues of the dispute.

Sales Practice Issues
    BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

4 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.

Delivery Issues
    BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    Unresolved
    BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Service Issues
    BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

2 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    Unresolved
    BBB Definition:

5 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Guarantee or Warranty Issues
    BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

Unresolved
    BBB Definition:

1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
    No Response
    BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB or to the consumer to resolve the issues.
    Unpursuable
    BBB Definition:

Unpursuable - The company cannot be located or is out of business.

1 - Company cannot be located. Mail returned and phone disconnected.

Refund or Exchange Issues
    BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

15 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    Unresolved
    BBB Definition:

7 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Competency Licensing

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Government Actions

In January 2005, the Arkansas Attorney General has filed suit against this company under the Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. HBS sent solicitations across Arkansas and around the country, claiming that individuals could make thousands of dollars a week stuffing envelopes. The offer claimed that consumers would make ten dollars for every envelope they stuffed and mailed, which could add up to between $2,900 and $5,000 a week. The Attorney General alleges that such claims cannot be substantiated by the company.

The Attorney General suggests that any consumers who have spent their money and time on work-at-home programs and now question their legitimacy should contact the company and ask for a refund or call his office's Consumer Protection Division. Complaints may also be filed with the FTC, your local Better Business Bureau, and your local postmaster.

For information on other consumer matters, contact the Public Protection Division of the Attorney General?s Office at Suite 1100, 323 Center Street, Little Rock, AR 72201. The office can be reached by calling 682-2341 (Little Rock) or 1-800-482-8982. Spanish-speaking consumers can also call (501) 683-3130. TDD service is available for the hearing impaired at 682-6073. The address on the World Wide Web is www.arkansasag.gov.

Additional DBAs, Addresses and Telephone Numbers

Additional Addresses
    P.O. Drawer 8
    Fort Smith, AR 72902

3635 CR 507
    Berryville, AR 72616

Additional Phone Numbers
    (870) 423-3107
    (479) 474-4647

Industry Tips

WORK-AT-HOME OFFERS

The Better Business Bureau receives more consumer inquires every year on Work-at-Home promoters than any other type of business. Companies offering such services often advertise in local shopper type papers and business opportunity magazines and/or manuals and on the internet. Most of their advertising makes claims such as "make $1000 reading books, watching TV, stuffing and/or typing envelopes, making jewelry or crafts etc." Often, solicitations will promise you can earn hundreds, even thousands of dollars, every week, full or part time in the comfort of your own home. Some of the more recent schemes being currently promoted promise easy money doing medical billing, using your computer from home or offering various Internet services. In addition to the fact there is little or no demand or market for most of the work at home activities, the BBB has determined most if not all of the claims of earnings are highly exaggerated. Not one of the many companies the BBB has in the past investigated could substantiate earnings claims. Most, if not all, of these companies require you to pay an up front fee to them in order to participate in their program. The Bureau advises that money back guarantees often offered by work at home companies contain so many restrictions; no one gets their money back. Further, some consumers mistakenly believe these companies are employing them. Such companies are not employers and do not offer jobs with their organizations. The Better Business Bureau suggests you resist the temptation to get involved with any work at home type company, which requires any kind of up-front fee and never give them your credit card or bank account numbers. Consumers should be aware that if they become involved in a work at home scheme, they may well be doing something fraudulent and risk investigation by postal authorities. WHERE TO COMPLAIN If you have already bought a program you believe may not be legitimate, take these steps: First, contact the company and ask for your money back. Complain to the Federal Trade Commission. Although the FTC will not help resolve individual disputes, it will take action if a pattern
    BBB Definition:

of deceptive or unfair practices becomes evident. Complain to the Better Business Bureau. Even if the company refuses to resolve your complaint, a number of complaints against the same company may help other callers to avoid the scheme.

Work-At-Home-Schemes Now Peddled On-Line
    "Special BBB Investigation Confirms: Work-at-Home Dealts are ""Too Good to be True"""
    Work-at-Home Schemes
    Better Business Bureau Warns Consumers of Three Work-at-Home Companies Based in State of Oregon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Report as of July 16, 2006
    Copyrightę 2006 Better Business Bureau«, Inc.

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE ....

STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!!!!

This is how it works. You pay $149 for the "privilege" of stuffing 290 envelopes and using your money to pay for postage. 290 stamps at $.39/ea comes out to $113.10 which puts your total investment at $262.10. You get paid ONLY for people who respond to the mailings you send out. I'm not sure what you have to mail out. I would think it very ironic if you're sending the same letter you received to 290 more people - I don't know.

I do mail marketing for my insurance agency and KNOW that the average return on mailings is 1-2%. So, if 2% of the people you sent your stuffed mailings to respond to Trail Head you will receive around $60 (which includes refund for ONLY the stamps used on the letters that were returned).

So, from your investment of $262.10 you MIGHT receive $60 back. If there's no way of you tracking if any of your letters were returned to the company they could just tell you that none were returned and not pay you anything. You're out $262.10.

Here's how they make out. They send you the initial mailing and, if you respond, 290 marketing pieces. Their average cost per lead (your response with $149) is probably about $35. They're cost for the envelopes for you to stuff and stuffers is probably around $20. So, for $55 investment on their part they receive $149 from you and get all of their marketing mailers sent out on your dime (actually $113.10 for 290 stamps).

THIS IS A GENUINE SCAM PEOPLE .... DON"T WALK .... RUN.

Thank you so much for everyone's reply to this post. I just got a letter from Trail Head Options last night and was seriously thinking about sending in my money. I'm about to go on maternity leave and needed an at home job to help my husband pay bills and rent. This scam sounded so good when I read it. I thought our money troubles would be over within monthes. It's a good thing I decided to google Trail Head Options. Thank you so much for saving me my money.

I too was thinking of sending this out...But wanted to make sure if it was or wasn't a scam. My gut feeling was it was, Glad that I found this web site.

Thank you for your insight about this company. I too was thinking about joining it, but now i am sure not. :)

I just got this letter today. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

It's going in the trash with the rest of the junk mail.........

Thanks to all who posted about this!

First clue should be - when you look up Trail Head Options, it takes you immediately to Scam.com. What else do you need? Check them out under the BBB. It's really sad that they mail this crap to your home. My mother almost fell for it. If it was that easy to make that much money, well, hell, everyone would be doing it!!!

yes i got this one today also, i looked at how much they claim to pay $10 per envelope.. then i laughed at the thought of it as I threw it into the garbage.

I Hate Scammers. If this were true, no one would be working, everyone would be at home stuffing envelopes.

Couldn't have said it better than believeTHIS's comments.

It is most unfortunate that there are people that prey on the innocent (naive). My mother was one of the people that Trail Head Options almost conned with their envelope stuffing scheme. I want all of you to know that it is EXTREMELY difficult for me to type this message without using profanity. But I agreed to the policies and conditions of Scam.com in order to be able to post this message. I will abide that agreement to the best of my ability.

My mother is a senior citizen and her memory isn't all that great. She'd actually filled out the form that those... rectal orifices... had sent, and she'd mailed it in. Fortunately she forgot to send a check.

I became aware of this when she received a letter from these... feces samples... stating that her order was received without payment, and that they urge her to contact the financial institution that issued the payment to take the appropriate steps to stop payment.

Then the... methane smelling sons of llama urine had the gall to say that they do not accpet credit cards or do automatic drafts. Hmm. Kinda' makes you wonder how many cancellations they had before they came up with that little jewel.

I believe that this and all of the other... anus dripping groups of scam scum like it should be thoroughly exposed to the public as a group as well as individually, on a daily basis. This group of amoebas should be shown on a over and over again until everyone recognizes them.
    Last edited by jamthe88s; 09-26-2006 at 11:09 AM.

I am a victim of this scam, now that I found this info can anyone tell me how to reach a phone number to get my money back?