+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Re: Damn YFDirect. Check out this email from them

You all have some problems. Who cares what someone says about you on some forum online? Honestly, everyone just get over it so that you can go back to discussing what these forums are supposed to be about. If this was any other forum site with decent moderators, this thread would have been locked a long time ago.

All I want to hear about it YFD and gift related talk. I don't want to open a thread intended to be about a supposed problem with a DIY site and instead see a bunch of people arguing over who invited who to where because so-and-so lied and started a scandal on whatever.com.

Can we please all just get over it and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by ppazz1101
    You all have some problems. Who cares what someone says about you on some forum online? Honestly, everyone just get over it so that you can go back to discussing what these forums are supposed to be about. If this was any other forum site with decent moderators, this thread would have been locked a long time ago.

All I want to hear about it YFD and gift related talk. I don't want to open a thread intended to be about a supposed problem with a DIY site and instead see a bunch of people arguing over who invited who to where because so-and-so lied and started a scandal on whatever.com.

Can we please all just get over it and move on?
    Thank you. Lets just forget this and go on our own ways.

I know that you're incapable of what you've just suggested.

You made the decision to make this personal and that's not something I take very lightly. Bring the funk. I dare ya'.

Quote Originally Posted by tiflyer2
    Thank you. Lets just forget this and go on our own ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBL
    I know that you\\\'re incapable of what you\\\'ve just suggested.

You made the decision to make this personal and that\\\'s not something I take very lightly. Bring the funk. I dare ya\\\'.

Hey Ti...you want to get personal with CBL? I\\\'d like that. I know full well she can handle her own and doesn\'t need my help, but I just can\'t help myself.

How does Denton, Texas sound? whatcha got?
    Last edited by fano3; 03-15-2006 at 06:42 AM.

Someone needs to take an extra dose of psyllium. :eek:

these guys will end up making out, threesome, maybe the M word: marriage! :D

You know what I think? I think that scambuster should delete all the threads dealing with free sites. Why? Because this forum is intended for Internet SCAMS, not sites that are legitimate. Why he deletes supposed ref. links left and right, and yet leaves up all of these insanely uninformative posts is beyond me.

If I were the mod. of this site I would at least try to keep it clean, jeez.

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor."--D. Mode

Quote Originally Posted by tjwor

Jeannine did have my respect when I started, that was until she began not caring about scam and trying to bring down the freebie world out side of GCA...
    Trying to bring down the freebie world? This is hilarious. What do you base this on? You base this on the fact that I stepped in when I saw others bashing a guy for posting an email? You base this on the fact that I asked people to be "reasonable" and not attack others without having all the facts? You base this on the fact that I didn't submit to the mob mentality that took over and attacked Gigante?

Let me ask you this Tjwor: When the hell have you ever known me to bash others on this board just for the sake of bashing? Never. So, it shouldn't come as some suprise to you when I refuse to bash Gigante. Yet, when I didn't climb onboard the Gigante attack, members here freaked out and accused me of being part of a conspiracy. Are you kidding me?

When everyone was hating on Swirlcake for her sinnful font, I kept silent (or I might have joked with her about it). Did I rise up and publically bash her simply because I BELIEVED she was doing something that she shouldn't do? No. Swirlcake had a right to post in whatever font she wanted to post in. The Gigante issue is no different. I just don't see the sense in anyone calling Gigante a liar and making wild accusations without proof. Heck, I've even defended Tiflyer on some threads after he had a few bad days. People are free to think and feel how they want. But, they shouldn't aim vile content at others. Why would I feel different about Gigante's issue and the horrible response from this forum?

Those that didn't believe Gigante were free to dismiss his claims. Those that were freaking out over Gigante's posts could have called YF Direct and confirmed the policies. Instead of taking that mature route, some people decided that their time was better spent posting on Scam about a conspiracy.

While this is all going on, I have people sending me PMs asking me why is it that I don't post on Scam anymore. WTF? Do you blame me? This forum is drowning in pettiness.

So, because of the position I've taken, I've become a suspect in your consipracy theories. I've become someone "trying to bring down the freebie world". Instead of you realizing that I am the person I have always been, with the same reactions I've always had.....you see a conspiracy. Your leaps of logic are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannine111
    Trying to bring down the freebie world? This is hilarious. What do you base this on? You base this on the fact that I stepped in when I saw others bashing a guy for posting an email? You base this on the fact that I asked people to be "reasonable" and not attack others without having all the facts? You base this on the fact that I didn't submit to the mob mentality that took over and attacked Gigante?
    Gigante wasn't attacked. It was just his credibility that was called into question when he said he was going to down to visit YFD and would report back with what happens. He got back from his visit and was about as vague as you could be. Because of this, people wanted a little detail, rightfully so IMO. If you were pursuing a site for a Plasma TV or $1000-$2500 and had just invested 3-4 months of time into it I'm sure you would want the details too.

Gigante didn't have an obligation to respond the questions, especially if he was concerned about YF monitoring this site and indentifying him. All he had to do was say "Sorry, don't want to get into the specifics of it because I don't want to put my accounts at risk."

Another option would have been to give the people the information they were looking for, but not give them exact information about it. That's something I often do because you never know who is monitoring the boards. I always answer truthfully and try to be as helpful as possible, but never give exact details.

The Gigante issue is no different. I just don't see the sense in anyone calling Gigante a liar and making wild accusations without proof.
    For the record, I never questioned whether or not Gigante visited YF Direct (I believe he did go)

I also did not reply to him until he replied to one of my posts calling me a dumbass (see post here). He was the one that began attacking people first.

At the time I was suggesting that people do not complete an extra offer to cover multiple signups and I maintain that position to this day. My reason for feeling that way is because if YF was DQ'ing people because of multiple signups to save money then the reason is already there to DQ you and be done with it. Suddenly going back and doing another isn't going to change the fact that you did AOL twice. If they truly are looking for a way out of paying out for the gifts they are going to have a zero tolerance policy on multiple signups. In the meantime you are out of all the money you spent doing offers for the site and you just did one more for nothing. That post was made the night the DQ emails started I believe so I'm sure some of you could understand my feeling on this that people shouldn't start freaking out and completing offers until they find out what is going on.

The only time I questioned Gigante's credibility is when he was disqualified for completing the same offer more than once and he said it was YF thinking he and his brother were the same person.

Take a look at this post by him and tell me I was wrong...

I got DQ'd for doing the same offer on two sites, such as BigWin and EFG and doing Great Fun.
    Despite admitting it right there, he continued to state that he was innocent of YF claims. How is that possible when he just said he did Great Fun on both BigWin and EveryFreeGift?

He later went on confirm he has completed offers multiple times by saying that he has received close to $20,000 worth of free gifts (something that is impossible to do without completing multiple offers a few times) and by saying the following, basically condoning doing an offer more than once:

Doing one offer two times is not trying to cheat the system. It is poor organizational skills. During it many times is.
    Personally I don't care if he did the offers multiple times or not. It just seemed odd that he was so blatantly contradicting himself and then wondering why people had doubts about his story.

Those that didn't believe Gigante were free to dismiss his claims. Those that were freaking out over Gigante's posts could have called YF Direct and confirmed the policies. Instead of taking that mature route, some people decided that their time was better spent posting on Scam about a conspiracy.
    Many of the members here were freaking out and screaming (well, as much as you can over the internet) at other members not to call YF and stir the pot some more. They said calling would only bring your account to YF's attention and a few members here even reported back saying they were just DQ'd over the phone.

While this is all going on, I have people sending me PMs asking me why is it that I don't post on Scam anymore. WTF? Do you blame me? This forum is drowning in pettiness.

So, because of the position I've taken, I've become a suspect in your consipracy theories. I've become someone "trying to bring down the freebie world". Instead of you realizing that I am the person I have always been, with the same reactions I've always had.....you see a conspiracy. Your leaps of logic are incredible.
    Just ignore them. You don't owe anyone an explanation for not posting. Frankly, I feel the same way as you do in regards to the quality of posts as of late. Things have headed south lately and that's kind of sad because at one point, this board was as reliable as any for information.

I'm trying to do my part to help by replying with useful info and by being nice to the other members. It probably doesn't make much of difference but that's just the way I am and will continue to be.
    Last edited by Jake360; 03-15-2006 at 11:12 AM.

man what a waste of space. Things are changing darn near every day and the only/biggest thread around here is about whether or not Gigante really visited YFD some time a few weeks ago filled with all sorts of other conspiracy theories and black helicopter sightings you could dream up. At least no one's blamed the nazi's, Al-Qaeda or Aliens for bringing down the freebie world... yet.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was actually relevant info, like the discussion on YFD's recent policy changes (final page full of CCs, must do offers on stated pages, only 1st time signups count, and now the dreaded 1099). Yet here were are on page @#%@)#*% 8 talking about complete BS.

This place is a total waste.

Jake, you have adequately explained your reasons for doubting Gigante. You are entitled to that. In order for me to agree with you, I would have to reread all of Gigante's posts in chronological order and in context. If I have time later, I will.

Could Gigante's claim of being mixed up with his brother be his initial assumption prior to realizing that he did do multiple offers? Many of us have or had so many accounts going at once that we don't keep our offers straight. If you tell me that this is not the case, or if I later read differently, then I will be inclined to agree with you. In that case, there will be an inconsistency that Gigante can be invited here to resolve. If he chooses not to resolve it, that alone doesn't make his claim of receiving the email false. Rather, it would make his reasons WHY he got DQ'ed suspicious. I believe he recieved the email because I know of one other person that received the exact email.

As for people not calling YF Direct to confirm their policies: This is a poor excuse for allowing a conspiracy theory to run through this board unchallenged. Any one of the concerned posters could have called YF with a fake email address and asked a general question regarding their policy. Under normal circumstances, calling YF is usually not a good idea. These were not normal circumstances. For days people here posted some of the nastiest comments ever. I watched this drama and wondered why nobody just took the simple way out by calling YF. I believe the reason might be that some of those people didn't want the drama to stop. Believing in the "conspiracy" gave some people an underlying reason to bash posters that were invited to TXCBL's new forum.

If I believed that someone was conspiring against me, I'd make a phone call. I wouldn't let a suggestion on an online forum sway me from calling YF Direct. Now, I don't want to confuse anyone here with facts....but YF Direct would have been the best source of information. Instead, people here relied on other's paranoia. One person posted that there seems to be a "conspiracy". By the following day several more people repeated that claim. Yesterday morning I woke up to read Scam.com and I learned that I AM PART OF A CONSPIRACY. Go figure.

eh... I just stopped posting so much because I got tired of answering stupid questions... and the ansy unappreciative people here have possibly cost me my free gift. It's very hard for me personally not to be negative right now... Once i get my TV.. I may continue to help people but the info is all here... it's all here. People just have to read.

Now that sites are changing their terms, you'll have to find new ways to work through the system to make it easier... which is all the information here should have been... a guide for navigating the system...
    Deth is always approaching, live while you can...

Jeannine, I lost respect for everyone that went to GCA not just you, the reason for this loss of respect is not due to them not posting here, or anything like that, because I don't need the help anymore. I lost my respect because i feel like members of GCA are responsable for the "Noobs" that came and posted tons of topics and tons of stupid questions. It looked to me like all the sudden, right as GCA opened there was a rush of new people trying to scramble this forum, tons of new threads about old stuff, old stuff that was before easily found. I feel like the GCA members are trying to make it harder for people who want info to find it, because there will be twice as many threads to look through. There were lots of now *official threads* Started, of topics that were already on the first page. This is all on how I view it, i'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, or tell you that you are a bad person, just a greedy one maybe... I have no facts about it, because for an opinion there don't need to be facts, it is just my belief... I am not trying to take a hit to you, because you have done nothing to me, but I do feel you are invloved, just because you are in GCA... I don't feel like you or anyone owes me anything...

Quote Originally Posted by tjwor
    Jeannine, I lost respect for everyone that went to GCA not just you, the reason for this loss of respect is not due to them not posting here, or anything like that, because I don't need the help anymore. I lost my respect because i feel like members of GCA are responsable for the "Noobs" that came and posted tons of topics and tons of stupid questions. It looked to me like all the sudden, right as GCA opened there was a rush of new people trying to scramble this forum, tons of new threads about old stuff, old stuff that was before easily found. I feel like the GCA members are trying to make it harder for people who want info to find it, because there will be twice as many threads to look through. There were lots of now *official threads* Started, of topics that were already on the first page. This is all on how I view it, i'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, or tell you that you are a bad person, just a greedy one maybe... I have no facts about it, because for an opinion there don't need to be facts, it is just my belief... I am not trying to take a hit to you, because you have done nothing to me, but I do feel you are invloved, just because you are in GCA... I don't feel like you or anyone owes me anything...
    Well said TJWor... it's just like when 9/11 happened... I pointed the finger right at Monica Lewinski when the stock market crashed because hey... she was directly responsible for the actions of others. :rolleyes:

It could have very well have been rogue greenzap members or ex 12 daily pro cheerleaders that were trying to wreak havoc... you just don't know mang... but I can see where logically you would think that. To each his own. keep on keeping on and all that good stuff.
    Deth is always approaching, live while you can...

Wow, alot happens in 24 hours. I think it's really good that people are talking in a generally reasonable way about their concerns. It doesn't mean that anything is gonna be resolved. Maybe people can just agree to disagree. I think it's not surprising that those of us who aren't at GCA are suspicious of the people who are. It's a closed site. Alot of mayhem happened here just as that site got going. Some of the people who went there suddenly got vicious and defensive in their posts here. It seems that only GCA people got booted from YFD. When things don't add up, it's normal for people to get suspicious. I also couldn't care less about not being invited. As Dethlok said, all the info is right here. When a few GCA people posted here that the site never took off, I didn't believe it. Apparently the site is doing fine. Fano3, if you have actually been banned, then I apologize for questioning you. Why don't you and tiflyer just ignore each other?