+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920

Re: Damn YFDirect. Check out this email from them

Quote Originally Posted by xPIGx
    Same applies here. They cannot cancel an account for any reason whatsoever. They have to have legitimate reasons.
    What magical world do you live in? Yes, they can actually cancel any account based upon their sole discretion. It's part of the Terms & Conditions that you agree to in signing up.

You're confusing the act of entering into a written agreement (as you do when signing up with a YF Direct site) to a business/property owner's liability. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

I know the story. I read all 8 pages before posting (I was bored)

vidiot:

It is not, because they have to have a legal reason to cancel it. That statement that they can cancel anytime will most likely not stand up very well in court, especially when people have lost money on the deal for something that was not even stated in the TOS. It is one thing if it was stated in the TOS that one could not do the same offer multiple times. Then they would be in the clear, but as it stands, they are legally responsible for the money that you, in essence gave to them. Either the money needs to be refunded, or the offer needs to be carried through with.

I am a cop (the reasoning for my screen name), and I have had two cases similar to this. :)

they are sending me my $1,000 check in place of the plasma... they sent it on Friday, the 17th... YESSSSSSSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by xPIGx
    It is not, because they have to have a legal reason to cancel it. That statement that they can cancel anytime will most likely not stand up very well in court, especially when people have lost money on the deal for something that was not even stated in the TOS. It is one thing if it was stated in the TOS that one could not do the same offer multiple times. Then they would be in the clear, but as it stands, they are legally responsible for the money that you, in essence gave to them. Either the money needs to be refunded, or the offer needs to be carried through with.

I am a cop (the reasoning for my screen name), and I have had two cases similar to this. :)
    I don't think you're getting it; TOS statement (YF Direct right to cancel at their discretion) = viable and documented legal reason to cancel (ie what the merchant is bound to and conditions of service). End of story.

Just in case some of you didn't know, the pop-up window that appears when you click an offer link on a YF Direct web site (the one that defines what "completion" of the offer entails) sometimes says something to the effect of "offer available to first time customers only." I know that the one for blockbuster.com says this. I'd imagine that there are other offers that say the same thing.

--Jay

Quote Originally Posted by zmmattingly
    they are sending me my $1,000 check in place of the plasma... they sent it on Friday, the 17th... YESSSSSSSSS!
    Congrads! I opted for the check also and received it today
    :)
    Gifts received: $1000 YF check in place of 42' plasma

Currently working on: Meta Rewards 56' DLP

Quote Originally Posted by vidiot
    I don't think you're getting it; TOS statement (YF Direct right to cancel at their discretion) = viable and documented legal reason to cancel (ie what the merchant is bound to and conditions of service). End of story.
    You are not looking at all the angles.

As with all legal disclaimers, they are often thrown out in court. Sure, they may cancel, but they have to have reason to do so, such as a violation of the TOS. And if they do cancel, they are required to reimburse the user. If YFD did something wrong (as in this case, offering a product, then canceling, and not crediting the user), the TOS is found to be illegal and non-binding.

I had 2 cases, almost exactly like this, and both times, the companies were required to credit the user.

The laws do vary by state, though. This is how it is in TX. Could be different elsewhere.

looks like i need to get mt ass back to texas
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma
    CRZ - $500 Gift Card 6/6 ?????
    Kewlkash.com - $100 payout

Texas rocks!

Called today, they received my certs for the EFG vaio on 3/6...so far so good!!!!!!!!

good luck girl!

Thank you :)

Internet Opinion Group

Internet Opinion Group is a SCAM!!! The only thing that I could think to do is cancel all my memberships of different things that I have signed up for! I am no longer going to consolidate my student loans through any company that affiliates themselves with them. I had also signed up to take a few classes at one of the schools-I am no longer going to do that. I am in the process of emailing every sponsor they have and telling them that if they continue to do business wit them-I will not be involved with them either! :mad:

Re: Internet Opinion Group

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyna
    Internet Opinion Group is a SCAM!!! The only thing that I could think to do is cancel all my memberships of different things that I have signed up for! I am no longer going to consolidate my student loans through any company that affiliates themselves with them. I had also signed up to take a few classes at one of the schools-I am no longer going to do that. I am in the process of emailing every sponsor they have and telling them that if they continue to do business wit them-I will not be involved with them either! :mad:
    What did they do to you? When I dealt with them, it was great. I got my GC that I was qualified for. Did you try calling them?

Similar Threads

1. I'm doing a Dyson from YFDirect
    By MarkyD in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2015, 08:50 AM
  2. Cashier Check Email Scam
    By Administrator in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 09:02 AM
  3. Anyone get a Wii from YFDirect site?
    By Hooya in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 07:56 AM
  4. Anyone recieved W2s from YFDirect or Metarewards yet?
    By Indistructo in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 08:44 AM
  5. Does YFDirect rotate its offers?
    By proclamation in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 03:54 PM