+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why did Bigwin go bad?

Hey,

1st my offers went from 10 to 14. Now I can't do all those credit card offers they want me to do. Why did this happen? I feel ripped off!

Re: Why did Bigwin go bad?

what?.......
    Apple Ipod 5/5 Shipped and recieved.

27in Toshiba flatscreen TV 8/8 Shipped and recieved.

IncentiveRewardCenter Apple ibook 6/6 Shipped and recieved.

Bigwin vespa 7/10 In progress

Everyfreegift $1000 visa card 4/6 In progress

Gadget city Sony DSC-N1 5/7 In progress

Internet Opinion Group $1000 gift card 4/6 in progress

Market Survey Group ibook 5/6 in progress

There were many factors that soured BW:

1 - Public knowledge of their former policy allowing "mix & match", where a member could do offers from any page so long as they met the number needed. Credit card offers are the most difficult to complete but, I suspect, the most profitable for BW. An occasional member allowed to bypass the CC was OK, but when BW discovered they were cutting $3,000 checks and getting maybe $600 back in advertiser payment, it was time to change.
    2 - Too many big ticket items for too few offers. Some sites make you do as many as 18 offers to get an offer worth $2,000. No less than 5 BW offers were valued at $2,000+ yet were going for 10 offers.
    3 - Mix of 1 and 2. BW likely counted either on 6 credit card offers keeping people from finishing the big tickets or the income from 6 completed CCs to make such an offer viable.
    4 - Scam.com and similar sites advised people on how to circumvent and bend the intent of BW to make money.

-----------------------------
    As payment for this advice, I ask that you do not cheap out on the offers. Please pay for at least 1 month of service or at least $10 for goods from the offers you do accept so that:

1 - The company making the offer can make money.
    2 - The offer company can pay the gift site for the marketing lead.
    3 - The gift site can stay in business and buy laptops to send.
    4 - The next person can get something they need or want for much less than they would normally spend.

Don't kill the Golden Goose that lays the gift eggs!

This is Bigwins nice way of saying stay away from us where not giving anything away for a while/ever.

I've been doing freebie sites for over a year and have received some great stuff. I just got back from a couple of months out of the country, and I find out that the s**t has hit the fan with these sites, especially Big Win! I've read everything about what happened, and it's pretty clear that "pilot error" is at fault. All these phone calls and questions about cancelling and calling the advertisers and demands have succeeded in destroying the industry. People who jump off without thinking have done this not only to themselves but to everyone else who has been a part of this industry. BigWin is on death's door, and the rest will soon follow. Thanks a lot.

I think Bigwin might be a site like I signed up for my laptop with. It is on death's door now? Maybe the other ones will be too. I knew I should not have given them the $50. They are going to take my money and run. Are you guys still going to go for it? I might look into other ways to make money online.

SWAT:

BigWin might not exactly be pushing up daisies yet. You CAN do it if you follow the rules. So can everyone else. The biggest factor in all of this was that people weren't grateful for the deal they were getting.

Say you can get a $1200 laptop for like $75 in easy offers....not a bad deal, right? Most people in the free world would think that was great.

Now say you think to yourself, "WOW! It would be even better if the $1200 laptop only cost me $10 instead of a whopping $75!" And then you proceed to go do 10 eBay offers or something, purchasing 10 ten cent Ebooks or something. Whoa! You just saved yourself $65 but helped to slam the door in your own face the next time you want to do a site by YF.

By saving that measley 65 bucks, you lost thousands down the road. That would, in my opinion, make you a short-sighted idiot. Well, not YOU because you say you're familiar with how this works, but people who do that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT
    I think Bigwin might be a site like I signed up for my laptop with. It is on death's door now? Maybe the other ones will be too. I knew I should not have given them the $50. They are going to take my money and run. Are you guys still going to go for it? I might look into other ways to make money online.

GoldS -

You'll just have to wait for other people to start being better stewards of the system, I guess. When YF isn't mad anymore then maybe they'll put some good offers in the last part again.

YF doesn't want to rip you off. They just want to stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsaber
    Hey,

1st my offers went from 10 to 14. Now I can't do all those credit card offers they want me to do. Why did this happen? I feel ripped off!

Ironically it's true. People who want free stuff shouldn't be cheap. The more you spend on your "free" gift the better. Either way your still making out like a bandit. The smart bandit is the one who invests the $75 and keeps his products.

Strange things are afoot at the circle k....

Circle K is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by LucaBella
    Strange things are afoot at the circle k....

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutCheese
    Circle K is a scam.
    How soon can I cancel circle K? Does it have to go in progress first?

Absolutely. I believe in the pop-up window it states that you need to purchase 9 packs of cigarettes, 4 Energy drinks, and 1 hot dog in order for it to go "in progress". Then I think it's necessary to stay on as a member for either 6 months or a year...I can't remember. Either way, I wouldn't cancel it until you've met the requirement. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by golddogz
    How soon can I cancel circle K? Does it have to go in progress first?

Absolutely. I believe in the pop-up window it states that you need to purchase 9 packs of cigarettes, 4 Energy drinks, and 1 hot dog in order for it to go "in progress". Then I think it's necessary to stay on as a member for either 6 months or a year...I can't remember. Either way, I wouldn't cancel it until you've met the requirement. Good luck!
    Bummer. I don't smoke, and I'm a vegetarian. Maybe they'll let me just do the energy drinks instead.

Well, you could always sell the hot dog on eBay...

Quote Originally Posted by golddogz
    Bummer. I don't smoke, and I'm a vegetarian. Maybe they'll let me just do the energy drinks instead.

Nice info!

I was planning to do Circle K, but it was a bit too far out of my way.

And all of those cigarettes... :(

$100 Gas card - Your Gift Cards - 1/1 Recieved (Visa) - 07-24-06
    $50 Gift Card - The Useful - 1/1 Recieved ($75) - 03-27-06
    $50 Walmart Gift Card - 50DollarGiftCard - 1/1 Recieved - 04-03-06
    Xbox 360 - Gadget City - 4/4 Received ($300 gift card) - 05-01-06
    42" Plasma - Every Free Gift - 6/6 Recieved ($1000 check) - 07-06-06
    TIVO+Samsung 30" HDTV - Must Have Free Gifts - 3/3 Recieved ($950 check) - 12-08-06

Cheap Lunch Total: $2475