+ Reply to Thread

ProcessRebates.com

Does anyone know if ProcessRebates is a scam?

Re: ProcessRebates.com

ANY FEEDBACK??
    Sounds too good to be true!!

Any information about ProcessRebates ?

i was just looking at the samt thing processrebates.com
    i definatley looks way to good to be true
    what do you think??

Found This For ProcessRebates.com

I found ProcessRebates.com actual site and password on Google.com.

Visit http://www.easycashjob.com/thankyoupagetoday1.html and type refundjobnow as the password. Then you will see for yourself if it's a scam or not.

Dont try this, it is a scam. I bought it and made no money whatsoever. Its just a cheap paid survey list that you try to sell to suckers and you have to market it through free ads. Yeah, they give you some links to supposedly help you out, but most are dead links. Besides, anyone can make a list of websites of paid surveys and sell it for whatever you want to sell it for, while promoting it on free ad sites that nobody will ever see. I tried this out, it was a real let-down, i emailed for my refund but got no response from the owners aol email adress. Luckily my online bank statement had the number and i called to get my money back.

Apparently they didn't like the information being out here? LOL.. This above link doesn't work.. Sorry, the site you requested has been disabled

TOO funny! Im sorry I missed this one. I wanted to put it on my scam blog..

Edited to add: I was referring to the page where you enter the password. That is what is gone.. You can still get to the main page. It looks just like what you get when you pay for dataentrypro
    Last edited by katiescorner; 03-12-2006 at 04:38 AM.

Lookin4income,
    Were you able to receive the Sony Laptop and the refund?

I'm new here so I may or may not be the best user to quote on this but out of the seven or eight posts here and of the two or three that have any solid information and in combination with a little of my own research this is what I've gathered...

In response to the post by 'katiescorner':

"The link" didn't give me any problems. I clicked the link which brought me to a page which lead me to a place to enter the password. I put the password in, hit the login/submit button and was taken to a "Members Only" section of the site. So concerning that discrepancy - I've had no problems.

In response to the post by 'lookin4income':

I may be mistaken but I *think* you mean that you paid to acquire a password to the members' area from which there are outlined steps that could feasibly lead to income - however you might mean that you paid to receive the list of 400 companies that pay for survey feedback. If that's the case then half of what I have to say is no longer valid and everyone can dismiss this post as incessant ramblings =D

You bought it and made no money whatsoever. My question is how much work did you put behind it? I understand that you may have had to pay for a password to access the members' section but, as outlined *in* the members' area there is a tad bit of work to be done to get results. I'm not saying this site is or is not a scam as I'm not finished researching and trying it out myself but take these points into consideration:

1. You *do* have to advertise for the whole thing to work. The basic idea from what I can tell is that they are paying you to: A) Design and maintain one or more advertisements about their 400+ company list of companies that pay you for your opinion, B) Develop an advertisement that is actually successful in driving web users who are looking for such lists to a place they can purchase them, and C) after successfully guiding interested users to a sale, process the instant rebate which they are promised in the ad.

2. Please note part B) above. There is a great deal of difference between creating an ad banner or classified ad and developing an advertisement which is successful in itself. Most people who make simple ads to generate web traffic to a site aren't very successful as there are few places with enough traffic that will allow you to advertise on their website for free and not to mention the actual demand for such an ad. When you create an ad on the web you must patiently test your ad and it's results - the keywords that query your ad are critical to say the least and if using less than the perfect combination of keywords most will never see your ad much less follow it. This is the idea of "relevance" behind internet ads. To succeed you have to first find a high-traffic place for your ad that will host your ad for free or next to free. Then you must create your ad bearing in mind that you want only users who are looking for Paid Survey lists ( they *are* in demand, so it's not impossible ) and design your ad attractively: Short, sweet, and to the point. This will give your ad much higher 'throughput' - the volume of clicks it gets must for the most part drive to a sale, so you only want specific users clicking it and want it to show up with the most relevant key word hits.

Again, I don't claim to know *everything* nor have I ever posted here before... but I've spent some time creating small advertisements on a well-known free ad website and this is basically what I've learned. Relevance is your key to success - if you make an ad that when users in search of Paid Survey lists search for them, your ad pops up and clearly tells them "you want to click here because this is what you're looking for" and in fact, thanks to the relevance of your key words, that is what they are looking for - you have a closed sale. If this is *not* a scam, given you've done the work on your ad and have a little luck you'll drive people who want those lists *to* those lists and generate a wealth of users who you have to send refunds to.

In theory, this would all work out however it seems that none of us have the experience yet to solidly confirm or deny the validity of ProcessRebates.com. I'll see what I can come up with, if anything, and I'll post my results as I come to a conclusion.

Apologize for the length and all... =D