+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: Native Americans likely have ties to ancient Israel

[QUOTE=Gnosisquest]There would be definite ties to Israel of Native Americans. The air which the Israelites who composed the Bible about 350 BC employed had molecules which still are around and employed by bodies of native Indians.

Apart from that, I have completely refuted Judaism and there is absolutely nothing reliable in the Old Testament.

Building a life on fables may be to the liking of some, I believe it is a crime against humanity!

NOW.... we're getting somewhere! Thanks you!

Fact: ALL OF THE WATER THAT WAS EVER ON THE EARTH IS STILL HERE
    IN IT'S ORIGINAL TOTAL VOLUME.

Ask a Physic Prof.

This means that since living humans are about 99% water that other than
    the oceans and rivers a vast quantity of water is being stored in we
    presently living humans. It is therefore highly probable that it is some of this
    same water that once constituted Jesus's body, Moses, Noah, Abraham,
    Jacob, all of the Egyptian Pharohs, Atilla the Hun, the Chinese Yellow
    Emperor, Napolean Bonaparte, Black-Beard the Pirate, Adolph Hitler,
    all the old European Kings, Lief Ericcson, on and on and on. So, how's that drink of water, soda-pop, beer, wine? And who do you have in your
    car radiator keeping your engine at a safe operating temperature?
    And who, when you pee in the toilet are you passing back to the
    literal water pool! And who are you swimming in in your swimming pool?

REALITY CHECCCKKKK! :eek:
    Last edited by coontie; 04-03-2006 at 05:55 AM. Reason: edit

Heatwave;

Most of your refute is mere speculation. The majority of it doesn't even answer the questions raised.

Furthermore, to believe that a Native Americans have red skin because they were curses by God is completely racist. Different tones of skin can easily be explained by the process of micro-evolution. While I am not convinced entirely by every aspect of the TOE; micro-evolution has been completely proven. Unlike macro-evolution, we can witness it happening all around us.

All of your refutes in your last post(s) are based on the presupposition that mormonism is true, which affects your ability to clearly rationalize.

Also, the fact that you completely ignored the part of the essay that deals with animals in america in ancient times shows that you are in denial of the truth. The BOM makes refrences to animals that did not live in America - end of story. I am not trying to insult you, but for such a long-winded response, yours contained very little substance.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolitDown13
    Heatwave;

Most of your refute is mere speculation. The majority of it doesn't even answer the questions raised.

Furthermore, to believe that a Native Americans have red skin because they were curses by God is completely racist. Different tones of skin can easily be explained by the process of micro-evolution. While I am not convinced entirely by every aspect of the TOE; micro-evolution has been completely proven. Unlike macro-evolution, we can witness it happening all around us.

All of your refutes in your last post(s) are based on the presupposition that mormonism is true, which affects your ability to clearly rationalize.

Also, the fact that you completely ignored the part of the essay that deals with animals in america in ancient times shows that you are in denial of the truth. The BOM makes refrences to animals that did not live in America - end of story. I am not trying to insult you, but for such a long-winded response, yours contained very little substance.
    I don't know much about the animal thing, but that doesn't matter, for the Spirit of the Lord is with me. Most of the guy's answers in essence say "this is not true" with explanations which only apply to religion a small amount....he mostly uses science in order to try and refute a religious belief. You need to start understanding the chronology behind the things I'm saying, such as the history of the words 'Jew' and 'Gentile,' and you'll understand why my answers are more logical. I even used the Bible in some instances. Any answer to religious beliefs will best be understood when one who is a member of that religion explains it.

No, it does matter - It is inaccurate. If the book were holy, it would not contain this false information. Don't you understand that if you have it wrong, then the spirit of the lord is not with you, as you have been decieved? I'm just saying that you can base your entire life on something, and still be wrong.

And to dismiss education and exploration just because you believe the Lord is with you is detrimental. I agree with you about God: He is real...But please, think of this objectively. There is a truth out there, but if one never admits that they may be wrong, they will never find it.

Do outside research. Find out if what you believe stands up to scrutiny. I am not trying to attack you, man. I found God this way. I looked at all religions; and I have to say that nothing about Joseph Smith's writings is logical or accurate.

You can only dismiss his false prophecies, illigitimate teachings, lies, and misinterpretation of the bible for so long before you cross the line between faithful, and ignorant.

Why would the leaders of your church instruct you to shun outside examination if they were teaching a true doctrine? This is characteristic of every cult, from The Watchtower, all the way to the Heaven's Gate cult. And, it is true of Mormonism, why would they try to scare you away from education, from developing a decerning mind?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolitDown13
    No, it does matter - It is inaccurate. If the book were holy, it would not contain this false information. Don't you understand that if you have it wrong, then the spirit of the lord is not with you, as you have been decieved? I'm just saying that you can base your entire life on something, and still be wrong.

And to dismiss education and exploration just because you believe the Lord is with you is detrimental. I agree with you about God: He is real...But please, think of this objectively. There is a truth out there, but if one never admits that they may be wrong, they will never find it.

Do outside research. Find out if what you believe stands up to scrutiny. I am not trying to attack you, man. I found God this way. I looked at all religions; and I have to say that nothing about Joseph Smith's writings is logical or accurate.

You can only dismiss his false prophecies, illigitimate teachings, lies, and misinterpretation of the bible for so long before you cross the line between faithful, and ignorant.

Why would the leaders of your church instruct you to shun outside examination if they were teaching a true doctrine? This is characteristic of every cult, from The Watchtower, all the way to the Heaven's Gate cult. And, it is true of Mormonism, why would they try to scare you away from education, from developing a decerning mind?
    The Holy Ghost is extremely different from the spirit of the Devil it's not even funny. When one directs their thoughts toward God and reads materials that bring about spiritual light, they feel the Spirit of God and feel good about the feeling. The devil and his followers, in this case, are forced to depart because they cannot bear anything that brings about spiritual light. When one directs their thoughts toward the devil, they may feel happy if they are puffed in the pride of their hearts, but shortly thereafter they will regret their actions. They never feel a burning in their heart, though, like they will when they direct their minds to God. See Galations 5:16-26.

We are encouraged to read about the beliefs of other churches with the guidance of the Spirit. I even went to another church's services once and felt the Spirit strongly when they sang, but I didn't feel the Spirit when they performed their rituals and prayers.

"Find out if what you believe stands up to scrutiny."
    While I understnd that you're not trying to attack me with this statement, scrutiny is the problem. It is wrong to see if a religion is true based on the amount of scrutiny it is getting from those who are not members of it, let alone the materials these people write. This is especially true if you believe the true church would have a lot less scrutiny than others.

Matthew 5:10
    10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I really respect those who departed a land as a sacrifice in order to gain religious freedom, especially the Pilgrims, the New Englanders, and the Mormon Pioneers from England, including a few of my ancestors. America wouldn't be the way it is today without them.