+ Reply to Thread

Do you think you are a professional canceller?

MODS could you delete this it was supposed to go in the Internet scams I guess I clicked the wrong one sorry

I have signed up and cancelled many services throughout this whole process, and I'm starting to obtain techniques and skills to easily cancel my service. The first time I had to cancel AOL it took me like 5 phone calls before they finally let me cancel- I think I was being a bit too soft on them...I eventually figured out that I have to be aggressive and keep reminding them the reason I'm calling...now when they ask what the "reason for cancelling" is, I just say "personal reasons" and leave it at that- because I know if I give them any more info they are just going to coax me into getting the service for 3 more months.

Does anyone have special strategies or stories that go along with cancelling these services? I'd like to know.
    Last edited by carbon6; 02-28-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Re: Do you think you are a professional canceller?

You have to be assertive when canceling services or they will do exactly what you said hound you for more time. I'm blut with these company's i just tell them i want to cancel and that don't give me the run around you know switch you to one person then another then another just to cancel get rude they'll send you straight to who you need to talk to.