+ Reply to Thread

has anyone heard of this place?

Kensington Assistance Agency
    1357 Broadway Suite 260
    New York, NY 10018

IF ANYONE HAS DEALT WITH THIS COMPANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANK YOU...

Re: has anyone heard of this place?

I have and i lost there phone number and i have already paid. I even lost my info on the identification number i got from them. But i did get a survey package.

3. 11-10-2006, 12:18 AM

Reason
    it was posted twice

Quote Originally Posted by babydoll29710
    Kensington Assistance Agency
    1357 Broadway Suite 260
    New York, NY 10018

IF ANYONE HAS DEALT WITH THIS COMPANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANK YOU...
    Yeah i heard of them..Payment was taken out of my account back in Jan 06...They tell you it takes up to 4 weeks..Well i finally got my package in July..In order to qualify for their grants you have to be a student, homeowner (with/without flood damage), rancher or agticultural producer/farmer...I've been trying to reach them to let them know that I don't qualify...I finally got in contact with them today being that every phone# they give is always disconnected(866-889-1903)I was told to write a letter explaining why and send my package back and then wait a couple of days to call back to make sure it was receive and they'll let me know if I can get my deposit back ($299.97)

This sounds like one of t hose Government grant scams. Information about this Company is on rip off report:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff181170.htm
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

140 complaints for the Kensington Assistance Agency: http://www.ripoffreport.com/results....&submit=Search

They are also known as the Kensington Consulting Group. The BBB's report is really bad:
    http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/b...age=1&id=86754

There's no question this operation is a fee-forwarding scam. They don't have access to any grants. :(

Blanche

ok heres the deal.. My husband and I were taken for the scam that these people put out as well. We ended up getting our money back and just incase ANYONE WHO IS A RESIDENT OF KANSAS should also be getting there money back as well. We recieved a refund check in the mail along with a letter from Kensington stating that they are no longer working with the state of Kansas or anyone in it.
    This is what we did:
    1st we contacted Kensington all phone numbers had been disconnected.
    2nd the BBB( Better Buisness Bureau) They are awesome when it comes to this.They will beable to direct you in the direction of a working number. You can also ask them to find you the number for there attorney Adam Solomn. He is supposedly Kensingtons Lawyer..
    3rd make sure that you contact your attorney general of what ever state you live in. It may take them a couple days to get back to you but they will help you the best they can. I know they did for us.
    All the little yellow green pink purple what ever the color maybe we learned our lesson and they go right in the trash!!! Good luck to everyone and I hope it works out for you all!

o yeah also if your packet was not to you with in a certain amount of time you are already GURANTEED that money back.. It dosent matter if you recieved it or not..