+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know if www.smartbuy-electronics.com is legit

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about [url]www.smartbuy-electronics.com The site looks like a legit site. Let me know what you think.

Thx
    Luke

Re: Anyone know if www.smartbuy-electronics.com is legit

All I can tell you is that I would not touch that place with a 10 foot pole. They show an Xbox 360 available on their site. Their package comes with a Premium system, an addtional wireless control, an additional 64 MB memory card, and an addtional universal remote. They also say that it is WiFi ready, which means to me that it has the extra wireless network adapter. Now at real retail prices, all this would be ~$600. They have it offered at $339. Nope. Not happening.

Or you can get a Motorola Razr V3x for $115 :rolleyes:
    Last edited by jpaulgor; 02-28-2006 at 12:12 AM.

I looked all over the web to see if I could find that these guys were scammers but I can't find anything. I found a lot of wholesalers linking to this website. Their prices are very low, but it seems to me that their site is pretty sophisticated with automated emails, different order numbers, and different departments. I won't do anything til I find out for sure...

Wow truely looks like a scam to me! 45$ for a gamecube?!?!?! With FREE SHIPPING?!?! SCAM. Think of how much they'll pay in just shipping alone!

Automated e-mails? Multiple phone numbers?

Not only must this site be legit, but with that technology it MUST BE FROM THE FUTURE!
    I like stuff.

So fake, do not even bother!
    You have a 14 day trial. On the 10th day your card will be billed and you will be shipped a fresh supply of our wonderful product....

You have to place a minimum order, but its not much (so far as wholesale goes). 599.00 is the minimum. Also, shipping is only free for UK customers. 1 percent of shopping cart for the rest of Europe, and 2 percent for the US. I've heard about this place before, I'm pretty sure they're legit.

USNavy -- if you can explain this to me, I won't think you're part of the scam (or a little dim):

A) Most other suppliers or on-line shops require you to buy thousands of items at a time, as only then can they provide you with the prices that we can. We've eliminate that by setting up a *MOP* (minimum order price), so all our customers can buy whatever they want, plus a little more. *MOP* is set to, $599.00

We can charge you less because we have a smaller minimum order (not that any online store has a minimum order or requires you to buy "thousands of items."

I'm guessing you're not at Annapolis.
    Last edited by icojones; 03-01-2006 at 04:52 PM.
    I like stuff.

They ask for payment by Western union, ridiculously low prices, Very fake . I know why don't you check the whois for site info?
    You have a 14 day trial. On the 10th day your card will be billed and you will be shipped a fresh supply of our wonderful product....

what about this site...http://www.smartbuy-onlinestore.com/

It is the exact same as smartbuy-electronics, registered to a different person, and it is in the US. Don't fall for this crap people.

Quote Originally Posted by icojones
    USNavy -- if you can explain this to me, I won't think you're part of the scam (or a little dim):

A) Most other suppliers or on-line shops require you to buy thousands of items at a time, as only then can they provide you with the prices that we can. We've eliminate that by setting up a *MOP* (minimum order price), so all our customers can buy whatever they want, plus a little more. *MOP* is set to, $599.00

We can charge you less because we have a smaller minimum order (not that any online store has a minimum order or requires you to buy "thousands of items."

I'm guessing you're not at Annapolis.

Ico,
    A) I really don't care what you think about me. I wasn't trying to sell this site, I merely was stating the shipping charges as I read them on the site.

B) I said "I'm pretty sure" which is different than "I'm confident" that their legit. I'm probably wrong, based on some other facts shown here, but thats for the people on scam.com looking for something for nothing to decide. Whose dim, the fool who leads, or the fool who follows? If someone used their site because I said "I'm pretty sure", hahaha, well, maybe you should be questioning their dimness instead of mine. By the way, have you ever been scammed? Don't answer that if you don't want to, but don't worry, if you have, we won't make fun of you here. I'm very proud to say that I've never been scammed, not in the way we talk about on here anyway. I've been lied to, cheated, tricked, etc, but I've never lost money to scammers. How about you?

C) Are you an Academy grad? If not, then shut the **** up, because you know nothing about it. I've earned my degree, but I didn't have to lick the boots of upper classmen to do it. If you've ever been in the military, you would know that the best officers are either prior enlisted, or non-academy officers. ROTC, OCS, etc.

Thanks for pointing out the fact that you think you're smarter than everyone here. You're not, but at least we know where you're coming from and we know how to deal with you.

Quote Originally Posted by livetbd
    They ask for payment by Western union, ridiculously low prices, Very fake . I know why don't you check the whois for site info?
    Livetbd, I didn't catch that when I originally looked at their site. After seeing the Western Union requirement, I'm agreeing with you. I wish I wouldn't have made my original post, I feel kinda stupid, but like I told what's his nuts, I was only stating an opinion. If people don't do their own research, then who can feel sorry for them?

Has anyone tried to call the phone number on the website? It is on the main site www.smartbuy-onlinestore.com if you click on the "about us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oops! Western Union payment is a red flag.
    I suggest you be very cautious is placing any order with this Company.

Oh, and educated people get scammed also.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO not buy from them...the site is currently down perhaps because of me because i called apple and contacted microsoft and bizrate and what not and no one has heard of them. The have a new site www.smartbuy-olinestore.com and it is the same scam but instead they moved to bloody TEXAS, STAY AWAY if your smart. Always ask for business license or tax id number some form of checking and if they refuse or ignore you, then you know they are frauds.
    Thats my two cents hoped it helped

Quote Originally Posted by arabiun_ena
    IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO not buy from them...the site is currently down perhaps because of me because i called apple and contacted microsoft and bizrate and what not and no one has heard of them. The have a new site www.smartbuy-olinestore.com and it is the same scam but instead they moved to bloody TEXAS, STAY AWAY if your smart. Always ask for business license or tax id number some form of checking and if they refuse or ignore you, then you know they are frauds.
    Thats my two cents hoped it helped

How is it that this company make money or a profit cause I see them advertising all over the web and I don't see one negative comment on them? I haven't read one negative comment from this so called business but then again I haven't read a positive one either. I've read a lot of people's comments and mostly they are people questioning if they know anyone that has deal with them before and the results are all the same like someone is waiting for someone else to try them first. So were do they get there money back or investment because they are advertising with just about anyone that has something to do with electronics. It appears that no one is willing to try them or is it posible that the ones that have gotten scammed are too embarrased to say so. I was ready to propose that a couple of us gather up the minumum purchase required by them just to be sure that we didn't lose as much if it is a scam. I live in Houston, Texas which is about 3 hours from Austin, Texas where they apear to have their headquaters. I was going to drive up there just to see if they had a real staff. This is the information I came up with: SmartBuy Inc
    FIRST NAME: Diane
    LAST NAME: Hill
    CITY: Austin
    STATE: Texas