+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone know if www.smartbuy-electronics.com is legit

Quote Originally Posted by NetO
    How is it that this company make money or a profit cause I see them advertising all over the web and I don't see one negative comment on them? I haven't read one negative comment from this so called business but then again I haven't read a positive one either. I've read a lot of people's comments and mostly they are people questioning if they know anyone that has deal with them before and the results are all the same like someone is waiting for someone else to try them first. So were do they get there money back or investment because they are advertising with just about anyone that has something to do with electronics. It appears that no one is willing to try them or is it posible that the ones that have gotten scammed are too embarrased to say so. I was ready to propose that a couple of us gather up the minumum purchase required by them just to be sure that we didn't lose as much if it is a scam. I live in Houston, Texas which is about 3 hours from Austin, Texas where they apear to have their headquaters. I was going to drive up there just to see if they had a real staff. This is the information I came up with: SmartBuy Inc
    FIRST NAME: Diane
    LAST NAME: Hill
    CITY: Austin
    STATE: Texas

I too found this website and is curious as to it's legitimacy. I have a really good friend who lives in Austin, I will ask him to visit the location to see if the company really exist.

Whoever finds out any new information, please come back and update the rest of us.

Its a scam save urself gas money, me and my friend tried it an never got our stuff and basically lost our money (700 USD). We aren't embarassed to admit it, ok well ya we are, so just don't bother, i contacted apple, internet explorer and bizrate and no one knows who they are, so please do yourself a favor and not waste your time and money. Western Union is no help, all they said is we cant help you file a complaint so we did and nothing (its been a month). Again now my four cents in total. Thanks for reading this.

Both sites are curently down. If your gut instinct does not tell you that this is a scam, you are hopeless. No need to go searching down an address. You will find nothing there. This site was registered in the UK and then an exact copy shows up as registered in Texas. Come on...just use a little common sense. No one should have to convince you that this is a scam, you should be convinced just by looking at the [email protected] page.

No way can you as an individual get better prices on merchandise than a LARGE corporation such as Walmart. If these stupid people could sell there Xbox 360 package for $339, then why would Walmart(and the rest of the free world) charge $400 for the system alone? You think smartbuy electronics gets better wholesale prices than Walmart and then decides to pass the savings to you? HELL NO! Total BS site. But if you can't see this with your own 2 eyes without having to find a physical address, God help you.

Great post, jpaulgor.

I couldn't have said it better.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by USNavySubSailor
    If you've ever been in the military, you would know that the best officers are either prior enlisted, or non-academy officers. ROTC, OCS, etc.
    Prior enlisted and warrant officers usually don't have their heads too far up their asses...you're exactly right!

http://www.megadiscount-store.com/default.asp

This is the latest smartbuy-electronics website they changed their names again. And in Rome too

I am the latest sucker to fall for what is now called www.megadiscount-store.com. Since my order, they changed their name to Tech electronics and their address, which is still in Rome. I am incredibly embarassed, but more than anything, I want to figure out a way to stop these people. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. i wish I had joined this site before I sent them $800

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulgor
    what about this site...http://www.smartbuy-onlinestore.com/

It is the exact same as smartbuy-electronics, registered to a different person, and it is in the US. Don't fall for this crap people.

This is the new home page www.order-2day.com IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO not buy from them...

Obvious scam, stay away from these.