+ Reply to Thread

John Powers Entertainment Scam on Craigs List

Here is a John Powers ad they had place on Craigs List in Portland, Feb. 24, 06.

"Have you always wanted to be part of the entertainment business? Fashionable, energetic and a performer at heart? Open to traveling to New York and LA occcasionally? People person who loves to sell?

We have a rare opening in the Portland location of the world's most successful acting and modeling company. Success stories include James Dean, Lucille Ball, AJ Traut, Josh Duhamel and Raven Simone.

Work with the best casting directors & magazine editors in the business (Disney, Nickelodeon, Lucky Magazine, Marie Claire). You will have your own office as well as many other perks and benefits. Average income 4-6k per month.

Interested in "auditioning" for the part? Must LOVE public speaking and be very outgoing. Also interviewing for part time promotions and telephone booking agents! Call National Director Jennifer Miller at 503-284-7100. "

With a minimal amount of research I found the following;

Always do a search on the company you are looking into along with their phone number and the words "review" or "scam" after their name in Google.

Batarang Force

umdkook Guest

Re: John Powers Entertainment Scam on Craigs List

awww thanks for the caring info!!! youre so cute with your integrity and honor. i could just eat you up. god your a loser...

Re: John Powers Entertainment Scam on Craigs List

Whoa, what a warm and fuzzy response :rolleyes:
    Yes I know several people that have been ripped off by John Powers. One friend was driving her kid 2 hours each way to one of their "acting classes" every week.I love how they get some washed up actor to recruit people. " You too can have a successful career like I did, once, a long time ago, well not really........"