+ Reply to Thread

$1000 per week mailing 200 flyers

Hello,

This is my first time on your site and I wanted to share an ad I found in a small business magazine. It states that by sending this company/individual $4.00 they will show you how to make money sending out 200 flyers per week. Obviously I know this is a scam, but how do these people make their money? The advertising in the magazine has to cost a small fortune! Additonally this magazine is full of ads of this nature.

I also received a postcard in the mail that states that if I send $20 to a PO Box address this company will show me how to make thousands per week simply by owning a car, truck or van. Is it legal to attempt to solicit money vai the mail for this type of information? Thanks for your input.

Re: $1000 per week mailing 200 flyers

Telluride-
    That may not be a scam. You have to remember that most of the people on this site are PARANOID. Yes, there are ALOT of scams out there, but people like these will poison your mind into thinking everything is a scam. People like that need to go back to McDonalds, clock in, and continue their BS lives. First, this opportunity you discovered was featured in a magazine, which gives it some potential. Second, it may be a scam, but I don't think so because alot of companies pay others to advertise by sending out flyers. If all you are doing is sending out info on the company in question, then it is probably legal.
    How do they make money? Well, it is only costing them about $400 FOR THE AD, which reaches 300,000 or more readers, of which probably 50 or more will likely respond to their ad. Each flyer/envelope probably only costs them $0.35 X how many? So, they add on $2.00 per envelope. But how they cover those prices, and make a good profit, depends on what the flyer says, that flyer is going out to the people they really want to make money from. THAT part may be a scam, but the opportunity presented to YOU, to send out the flyers, smacks of many future x-box games and donuts!!

Re: $1000 per week mailing 200 flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Telluride
    Hello,

This is my first time on your site and I wanted to share an ad I found in a small business magazine. It states that by sending this company/individual $4.00 they will show you how to make money sending out 200 flyers per week. Obviously I know this is a scam, but how do these people make their money? The advertising in the magazine has to cost a small fortune! Additonally this magazine is full of ads of this nature.

I also received a postcard in the mail that states that if I send $20 to a PO Box address this company will show me how to make thousands per week simply by owning a car, truck or van. Is it legal to attempt to solicit money vai the mail for this type of information? Thanks for your input.
    Telluride,
    If they are telling you that you will earn $1000/week sending out 200 flyers it is probably a scam. But, they are making money as ninja stated, thousand of people sending them 4.00, do the math.

Ads posted in a magazine can also be a scam. Just because the Ad is in a magazine does not give it any more potential.

If someone is asking you to send them money to a PO box, well, maybe they are asking for charity for his/her self. In other words, I would not respond unless I want to give some money away.

Just my 2 cents.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.