+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Are LIBERALS the ENEMY?

Are liberals the enemy? Let's see...

Between cheering on the aclu for everything from preventing child protection legislation from being passed to making sure the world sees MORE photos of long-ago prisoner abuses at Guantanamo, liberals have had no time to work on their agenda for change. Change? The last thing in the world they want is change! Unless we can quickly become acquiescent, soon-to-be overrun France, the shrill, girlish bleating of liberals will continue. "Sure we care about abuses committed by our enemies"...but they don't. "Sure we want to investigate domestic terrorists"...but they don't. At least they rarely insult us anymore by claiming to support the troops. The troops are only useful when a death milestone nears...then it may drive a bit of the sad agenda of liberals. 'Down with America and it's values'...is not going to rally voters.

Clearly, the relentless campaign of invented 'scandals' has taken it's toll. The cowardly, sickening tactics that almost got Traitor John elected may yet forward the (bowel) movement. It IS curious, however, that there is no plan whatsoever from these gutless creatures to change ANYTHING. No idea what THEY might do if given control of the thing....((shudder)).

The incredible ignorance they demonstrate toward the Iranian threat is a case in point. They have whimpered about the Iraq war being a unilateral decision(ignoring the other countries behind it, as well as their own support for it). Now, almost the entire world, including every superpower, is gearing up to address this menace, but the liberals hold out. Why? Well, because Bush is ALSO against an armed Iran. Also, their cowardice and uselessness under stress is well documented. They cannot HELP but demonstrate why they are unworthy of the responsibilities of decision-making.

Only liberals could concieve of releasing incendiary prisoner photos DURING Islamic riots...look into their fishy little eyes and see if they have any guilt...there is simply nothing there. They just don't care. If they can aid our enemies, they will.

They are no longer just people to be laughed at and pitied...the ones who 'teach because they cannot do'...now they are an active part of undermining any effort to combat terrorism and any other threats to our safety. While it is no less true that they 'cannot do', wearing flowers and not bathing are now the least of their offenses. It is well-organized, well-funded treason and aid to the enemy that they offer to America. That, and nothing more.

ARE liberals the enemy? Of course they are.

Re: Are LIBERALS the ENEMY?

Pwrone's "Enemies" of America:

* People who stand up for civil liberties

* People who seek to hold officials responsible for implementing policies resulting in criminal treatment of prisoners

* People who don't "support the troops" by sending them to be killed in wars fought for lies.

* People who don't beat the drums of war against the so-called "threat" from Iran.

* People who are opposed to aggression, "the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

* People who don't agree to a cover-up of prisoner abuses while at the same time failing to support the "right" of the Danish press to print offensive cartoons.

Did I miss any?

Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    Pwrone's "Enemies" of America:

* People who stand up for civil liberties

* People who seek to hold officials responsible for implementing policies resulting in criminal treatment of prisoners

* People who don't "support the troops" by sending them to be killed in wars fought for lies.

* People who don't beat the drums of war against the so-called "threat" from Iran.

* People who are opposed to aggression, "the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

* People who don't agree to a cover-up of prisoner abuses while at the same time failing to support the "right" of the Danish press to print offensive cartoons.

Did I miss any?
    Doesn't look like you missed a thing.

Lady Mod

Clever comeback(s)...! I think by forming the 'alliance of the ill-informed and ineffectual'--aiii-- you may be able to avoid justifying your positions indefinitely...well done! I KNEW you'd figger it out!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Clever comeback(s)...! I'm thinking of forming the 'alliance of the ill-informed and ineffectual'--aiii--
    With you as the head of the group and leading the way by example just about any neocon can qualify.

Lady Mod

The photos of abuse are from Abu Ghraib, not Guantanamo. Also, they're from last year. Not a long time ago.

You write like an 8 year old, pwrone. Is this supposed to be some sort of Op-Ed?
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 02-21-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Is the Pope a Catholic...

I wonder what pwrone has to say about this secret deal to sell our port security to a UAE company. The UAE was one of the few countries who recognized the Taliban when they took over Afghanistan. Two of the 9/11 hijackers came from the UAE. The UAE has funneled money through their banks to support terrorists groups. If this deal goes through then it gives the UAE complete access to port manifesting, loading and unloading. They would control movement of military equipment shipped through our ports. The Commandant of the Coast Guard stated that it would take 7.3 billion dollars over the space of 10 years to secure 360 of our ports. Bush only allocated 46 million and in last years budget he wanted to defund it completely. Cheney told us that if Kerry was elected then our nation would be in great danger of attack. How has this regime secured our safety by selling us out to the enemy? Considering that less than 7% of our shipping cargo is inspected and as far as I know, we have no equipment to check for any radioactive materials than how are we somehow safer under this regime?
    Pity that this sad shill for the RNC hasn't woken up to the fact that the biggest enemy of our nation is sitting in the Oval Office. It's not the so called "liberals" that are hurting our beloved country, it's misguided fools like him. I really think his ilk gets paid by the RNC for posting their mantra of hate and division. Divide and conquer eh pwrone? Ya' gotta stop drinking the political Kool-aid pwrone, it's rotting what's left of your mental functions. Even some of the most conservative Republicans are enraged over this secret deal brokered by Snow, Rice, and a few select members of the Bush cabal. Any member of congress who sides with Bush on this treasonist deal will have committed political suicide. If ever there was a president who deserved impeachment it's Bush.

Instead of excuses from those of you on the left, how about you explain some of the things said in this thread by answering a few easy questions, so we can gain a better understanding of what you all stand for?

Between cheering on the aclu for everything from preventing child protection legislation from being passed...
    Why does the left support the ACLU's wanting to prevent child protection legislation from being passed?

The following is for everyone, but especially for lady mod:

You agreed with Yirmeyahu's responses, including:

My question are:
    Although the investigations into Abu Ghraib concluded that these soldiers were acting on their own and found not one shred of evidence that contradicted this, do you think there should be others prosecuted, even though they had nothing to do with the incident?

Even though for example, the NY Times had over 50 front page stories about Abu Ghraib and printed stories about it for over a year, do you feel that the issue was not given enough attention by the American media?

Do you feel that the military or the government attempted to ignore, or sweep this issue under the carpet, even though the military started their investigation of the incident two months before the story broke?

Since the issue has been settled, those involved have already stood trial and sentences have been handed out, could you please tell me what can be gained by publishing more pictures of the incident?

Do you see the publishing of those pictures diminishing the anti-American sentiments in the middle east and the world?

Do you see the publishing of those pictures diminishing the violence in Iraq against our soldiers?

Do you see the publishing of those pictures helping to diminish the violent protests going on world-wide?

Do support the "right" of the Danish press to print offensive cartoons, or do you side with Yirmeyahu?

Do you feel as Yirmeyahu does, that Iran is not a threat to the world and should be left alone?

Those should help us clear up where the left stands.

Thanks to those who respond, and a bucket of "lol's" to those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Instead of excuses from those of you on the left, how about you explain some of the things said in this thread by answering a few easy questions, so we can gain a better understanding of what you all stand for?

Why does the left support the ACLU's wanting to prevent child protection legislation from being passed?

The following is for everyone, but especially for lady mod:

You agreed with Yirmeyahu's responses, including:

My question are:
    Although the investigations into Abu Ghraib concluded that these soldiers were acting on their own and found not one shred of evidence that contradicted this, do you think there should be others prosecuted, even though they had nothing to do with the incident?

Even though for example, the NY Times had over 50 front page stories about Abu Ghraib and printed stories about it for over a year, do you feel that the issue was not given enough attention by the American media?

Do you feel that the military or the government attempted to ignore, or sweep this issue under the carpet, even though the military started their investigation of the incident two months before the story broke?

Since the issue has been settled, those involved have already stood trial and sentences have been handed out, could you please tell me what can be gained by publishing more pictures of the incident?

Do you see the publishing of those pictures diminishing the anti-American sentiments in the middle east and the world?

Do you see the publishing of those pictures diminishing the violence in Iraq against our soldiers?

Do you see the publishing of those pictures helping to diminish the violent protests going on world-wide?

Do support the "right" of the Danish press to print offensive cartoons, or do you side with Yirmeyahu?

Do you feel as Yirmeyahu does, that Iran is not a threat to the world and should be left alone?

Those should help us clear up where the left stands.

Thanks to those who respond, and a bucket of "lol's" to those that don't.

HEYYYYYY PAJAMA BOYYYYY!!!!
    CRAM IT UP UR a$$ you dumb sh^t wad

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I'm not speaking for whatever you consider the left to be, but I am curious. What specific legislation are you referring to?

Wrong. The acts were not committed by soldiers alone, but by personnel of the 372nd Military Police Company, CIA officers, and contractors involved in the occupation of Iraq.

In violation of Army regulations, intelligence officers asked military police to "loosen up" inmates before questioning. The report estimates that 60% of the prisoners at the site were "not a threat to society" and that the screening process was so inadequate that innocent civilians were often detained indefinitely. Guards invented their own rules and supervisors approved of their actions. Personnel lost track of prisoners, did not count their prisoners, and kept no records regarding dozens of escapes. The facility held too many inmates and supplied too few guards. Training of those on guard was insufficient, and superiors neglected to visit the facilities in person. Top military personnel disagreed on whether military police or military intelligence should be in charge.

Would you prefer it not get coverage? It's a wartime scandal involved our own troops torturing peopel detained without charges, and its subsequent probes and trials. What do you want? What limit would you impose?

Is this an actual question?

Sure, a better understanding of what happened.

Of course not. Is that a reason not to see the pictures? You act as if it's the fault of the pictures or those that spread them.

Unfortunately I do not.

Sure, as long as you support the right to show the pictures from Abu Ghraib, or that Turkish movie that just came out that portrays American soldiers as mass murderers. You know, the movie that's #1 in the Middle East right now.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 02-22-2006 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews

Sure, as long as you support the right to show the pictures from Abu Ghraib, or that Turkish movie that just came out that portrays American soldiers as mass murderers. You know, the movie that's #1 in the Middle East right now.
    Sheesh! He didn't even support the right to show the movie "Jarhead" that came out in our own country!

Lady Mod

Grim,

I don't speak for the "left". I don't know what "child protection legislation" is being referred to. So I can't possibly therefore support the ACLU's wanting to prevent it. I'd be interested to know their reasons, if this is the case.

It's false that nobody else had anything to do with the incidents at Abu Ghraib, or at Guantanamo, or in Afghanistan, or elsewhere. Policies were implemented at the top levels of the government that lead directly to such abuses, and the officials responsible should be held accountable.

And if you were truly interested in seeing the "diminishing" of "anti-American sentiment" in the world, you wouldn't argue censorship of these images, you would argue accountability for the crimes they depict. The answer is not to hide the crimes, but to ensure that they don't happen again.

Lastly, you attribute to me statements or beliefs which are not my own. For instance:

This implies that I have somewhere denied that the Danish press has a right to print whatever it pleases. This is false, and I have never said any such thing.

If by "left alone", you mean "not bombed", you would be correct. If by "left alone" you mean "unmonitored by the IAEA", you would be incorrect.

There is cause for concern with Iran's nuclear program, but Iran is not a "threat to the world". The far greater threat is the threat of the US or Israel bombing Iran, and the disastrous consequences that would likely result.

Pretty clear...a far greater threat than Iran to the world is the US. Well said and crystal clear. It occurs to me that these creatures really don't even bother protesting being called anti-American anymore. When this country falls, it will be the gutless and the traitorous that will be killed first...it always is. For some reason, they just won't respect your tireless work to undermine your own country.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Pretty clear...a far greater threat than Iran to the world is the US. Well said and crystal clear. It occurs to me that these creatures really don't even bother protesting being called anti-American anymore. When this country falls, it will be the gutless and the traitorous that will be killed first...it always is. For some reason, they just won't respect your tireless work to undermine your own country.
    That's correct. The US is a far greater threat to world peace than Iran.

Take, for example, the present situation.

One of these two nations has threatened to bomb the nuclear power plants of the other nation.

Is it: a) Iran or b) The US?

Gee, guess what?

Let's not forget that Bush is now in tight with a country with known Al Queda ties and will veto any bill that will not allow Bush's friends to control our ports.

You know how to pic 'em Pwrone Better learn how to speak Arab.

Lady Mod