+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 4 new defendents in Dorean Group case

Regarding the Dorean civil cases, United States v. Dorean and Dim Duo, 05-2730 (NDCA), for recent events: some dorean clients are moving to modify the injunction (against transferring any of the properties) so as to be able to reconvey their titles from the Duo back to the original owners. Some are succeeding. Others - the more greedy ones who took out subsequent mortgages from unsuspecting lenders based on their having recorded false satisfactions - are (quite rightly) having more trouble. For example, from the Govt's opposition to such a motion from Timothy and Shelley Martin of Wilton, CA:
    Quote:
    The government opposes the Request. By his own admission, Mr. Martin obtained a refinance loan, that is, a second loan secured by the property from an independent lender, as “a part of the [debt elimination] Plan.” See ¶ 6 of Timothy Martin Declaration In Support of Request to Modify Injunction (“Knighton Decl.”). The government’s investigation has revealed that, as part of the Defendants’ fraudulent “debt elimination” scheme, refinance loans were obtained by Dorean Group clients from independent, unsuspecting lenders based on the apparent unencumbered titles created by Defendants’ recording of false documents. See Declaration of Matthew Ernst In Support Of Motion for Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction dated June 30, 2005 (“Ernst Decl.”) (attached hereto as Exhibit 1) at ¶¶ 12-21. Further, according to service agreements clients entered with Defendants, 50% of refinance loan proceeds were forwarded to the Dorean Group, while 10-25% went to the corresponding Dorean Group broker and 25-40% was retained by the Dorean Group client. See Ernst Decl. ¶ 20. The refinance loan was then intended to be eliminated in the same procedure applied by the Dorean Group to the initial loan. Id.
    Based on the government’s investigation of the Dorean Group’s scheme, and Martin’s acknowledgment of a refinance loan after he assigned his title and interest to Defendants, the government is concerned that fraudulently obtained loan proceeds may have been commingled between Defendants, Dorean Group brokers, and Martin.Their motion was denied.

On the criminal side in California the dynamic duos trial is now set for June 4 .The Court refused to appoint standby counsel but did appoint "advisory counsel."

"Advisory Counsel's" terms state that he will "not represent in any way whatever either of the above named defendants ...; and that he "will not under any circumstances provide any substantive legal advice ...."

Trial now set for October it seems

04/24/2007 339 Proposed Order by USA as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson, The Dorean Group, William Julian Excluding Time from April 24, 2007 to October 15, 2007 Under the Speedy Trial Act, 18 U.S.C. 3161 et seq. (Keller, James) (Filed on 4/24/2007) (Entered: 04/24/2007)

04/24/2007 342 Letter from Valerie Stewart as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson, The Dorean Group, The Oxford Trust, Baylor Trust, Universal Trust Services, William Julian, Farrel J. Lecompte, Jr, Sara J. Magoon. (dt, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 4/24/2007) (Entered: 04/26/2007)

04/25/2007 341 ORDER CONTINUING TRIAL AND FINAL PRETRIAL CONFERENCE as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson, The Dorean Group, The Oxford Trust, Baylor Trust, Universal Trust Services, William Julian, Farrel J. Lecompte, Jr, Sara J. Magoon, Charles Dewey Tobias. Signed by Judge William H. Alsup on 4/25/2007. (whalc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 4/25/2007) (Entered: 04/25/2007)

04/25/2007 Set/Reset Hearings as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson, The Dorean Group, William Julian, Farrel J. Lecompte, Jr, Sara J. Magoon, Charles Dewey Tobias: Pretrial Conference set for 9/5/2007 08:00 AM. Jury Trial set for 10/15/2007 07:30 AM. (Entered: 04/26/2007)

04/26/2007 343 ORDER Appointing Advisory Counsel a nunc pro tunc date of 3/12/2007 as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson re 325 Order . Signed by Judge William H. Alsup on 4/24/07. (dt, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 4/26/2007) (Entered: 04/26/2007)

04/26/2007 344 ORDER EXCLUDING TIME from 4/24/2007 to 10/15/2007 as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson, The Dorean Group, The Oxford Trust, Baylor Trust, Universal Trust Services, William Julian, Farrel J. Lecompte, Jr, Sara J. Magoon, Charles Dewey Tobias. Signed by Judge William H. Alsup on 4/25/2007. (whalc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 4/26/2007) (Entered: 04/26/2007)

04/27/2007 345 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge William H. Alsup :Status Conference as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson, The Dorean Group, The Oxford Trust, Baylor Trust, Universal Trust Services, William Julian, Farrel J. Lecompte, Jr, Sara J. Magoon, Charles Dewey Tobias held on 4/27/2007. USMS shall arrange for dft Julian to see a doctor and look into transfer to Dublin. Time is excluded to 10/15/07. Dft Tobias self-surrendered today. Jury Trial set for 10/15/2007 07:30 AM. Pretrial Conference set for 9/5/2007 08:00 AM. Status Conference set for 5/18/2007 08:00 AM. (Court Reporter Debra Pas.) (dt, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 4/27/2007) (Entered: 04/27/2007)

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
    UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
    Plaintiff,
    v.
    DALE SCOTT HEINEMAN, KURT F.
    JOHNSON, THE DOREAN GROUP,
    WILLIAM JULIAN; FARREL J.
    LECOMPTE, JR., SARA J. MAGOON,
    and CHARLES DEWEY TOBIAS,
    Defendants.

No. CR 05-00611 WHA
    ORDER DENYING RELIEF
    It has come to the Court's attention that defendants Heineman and Johnson have served
    the appended documents on Richard Wieking, Clerk of the Court. These documents and
    requests are incomprehensible. The Clerk's office is directed to ignore them. Any relief sought
    pursuant to these documents is DENIED.
    IT IS SO ORDERED.
    Dated: June 1, 2007.
    WILLIAM ALSUP
    UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

Here's the appended document–there were two, one for Scott and one for Kurt, but they were just alike, so you just get one, and one's enough.

Freedom of Information Act/ Privacy Act
    5 U.S.C. § 552/ 5 U.S.C. § 552a
    RICHARD WIEKING, CLERK OF THE COURT
    NORTHERN DISTRICT CALIFORNIA

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

V.

DALE SCOTT HEINEMAN et. al.

Case No: CR 05-00611 WHA

I am requesting from RICHARD WIEKING, CLERK OF THE COURT, NORTHERN DISTRICT of CALIFORNIA copies of the Bid Bond, Performance Bond and/or Surety Bond that bonds the action and/or the actors in case number CR 05-00611 WHA or any evidence of bonding the Statutes or the bonds themselves.

In accordance with law as codified in Title 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(6)(A)(i) this response should be sent within twenty (20) working days.

In accordance with Title 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(4)(A)(i)(I)-(III) the fees for producing the above referenced documents shall be reasonable standard charges for document duplication and advance payment shall not be required in accordance with Title 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(4)(A)(v).

If any of the document(s) of this request are denied provide each specific exemption that justifies your refusal to release the information and provide me with the appeal procedures available under law.

If the document(s) requested is now identified by a different designation, title, heading, etc, consider this request as if it has been requested under its new designation, title, heading, etc.

Dated this 24th day of May 2007

By:__________________________/ss/
    By: Me, Kurt F Family of Johnson
    General Trustee for KURT F. JOHNSON
    Subscribed under reserve and without recourse

and about that PI....nah.

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
    UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
    Plaintiff,
    v.
    DALE SCOTT HEINEMAN, KURT F.
    JOHNSON, THE DOREAN GROUP,
    WILLIAM JULIAN; FARREL J.
    LECOMPTE, JR., SARA J. MAGOON,
    and CHARLES DEWEY TOBIAS,
    Defendants.
    /
    No. CR 05-00611 WHA
    ORDER RE REQUEST FOR
    INVESTIGATOR
    The Court has reviewed the "application for use of a private investigator by order of the
    court" filed by defendants Heineman and Johnson. The application submitted is so thin as to
    the alleged need for an investigator that it is DENIED WITHOUT PREJUDICE to renewal after
    defendants consult with Steve Moore. In addition, Mr. Moore is DIRECTED to file a statement
    under seal with the Court explaining his understanding of what benefit an investigator might
    serve. Such statement must be filed by JUNE 11, 2007. The Court will consider any new
    application and Mr. Moore's statement in determining whether defendants are entitled to an
    investigator.
    IT IS SO ORDERED.
    Dated: June 1, 2007.
    WILLIAM ALSUP
    UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

Quote:
    Eenee Meene Miny Moe (05-31-07)
    Eenee Meene Miny Moe, catch a tiger by the tail. How will you let him go? This is a theory, which poses an interesting problem. Sure you have the tail but on the other side is the mouth. Allegorically that is what happened in this case. Judge Alsup by his presumption gained through Thomas Spielbauer captured the concept of our economic truth farthest from head. Soon once the Bill Julian issue is settled they will have to deal with the head. They have avoided this as long as they can but the tolling time becoming prejudicial is finally a clock working against them. They are economic retards capable of a hind-end understanding of the subject matter but far from being mindful of the head. Like the commentators on this site they have no idea what this case is about. Bill should be out of the case soon. He is handling things in a smarter fashion than Farrel and Dewey. We will soon be testifying as to his non-involvement. This was available to Farrel and Dewey but attorneys get in the way. Bill should be bailed or severed out soon. Here is a little retard test: How is it that Farrel and Dewey each pled guilty to a crime none of us were indicted for? (I think you fellow comrade in arms may be exchanging testimony aginst you brother Kurt as part of their plea?) If you know the answer you're learning to understand your enemy. If you don't and you're a client be glad God gave you wise caretakers. If you are not a client you've got a tough life ahead of you. Dewey's plea agreement can be downloaded on pacer. Have a look, enjoy the surprise.

Farrel Lecompte or Flea as he himself signed off on all his posts (truth shall set you free) was one nasty, vicious and unpleasant character of the "proven" and guarnateed " process as he called it often .That guy used to brag about the new cars he had bought off the backs of his victims and would attack anyone who challenged him. And yet come last Christmas he had managed to not only bond himself out, (while the rest of the brokers stil sit in prison) but Flea also had gotten the court to let him travel out of state (probably in exchange for his testimony against his fellow brother brokers) . I had felt he would be the first to turn on his former mentors . for a very short time someone who who said she was his wife posted how the victims were to blame .

trial date set for Oct 15 and loyalty

Farrel Lecompte or Flea update

He is almost certainly cooperating, and will almost certainly testify. He just (a month ago) filed a stip to expand his bond's travel restrictions, in which his lawyers wrote that his sentencing date "will be continued further as the trial date for the remaining defendants in this matter has been reset for October 15, 2007." There is only one reason to postpone sentence until after codefendants' trial date.

so much for going down for the cause, beats doing it in prison, smart guy,

a group of people in california were scammed by other brokers of the dorean group. has anyone heard of financial wellbeing solutions? Lyle Davies of fresno ca his associate Peter Kim of Yorba Linda ca also kenny& Effie reiswig of lodi ca Bill kennedyof livermore ca and richard lalonde of modesto ca.these people were all directly linked to the dorean group we were scammed by kenny and effie reiswig of lodi ca and william j kennedy aka bill kennedy of livermore we lost close to 200,000 dollars and are close to losing our home through tiis group we ended up with d scott hienemen and kurt f johnson on the deed to our home it was almost impossible to remove the names if any one has heard of these scammers please e-mail me [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by joshua true blue
    a group of people in california were scammed by other brokers of the dorean group. has anyone heard of financial wellbeing solutions? Lyle Davies of fresno ca his associate Peter Kim of Yorba Linda ca also kenny& Effie reiswig of lodi ca Bill kennedyof livermore ca and richard lalonde of modesto ca.these people were all directly linked to the dorean group we were scammed by kenny and effie reiswig of lodi ca and william j kennedy aka bill kennedy of livermore we lost close to 200,000 dollars and are close to losing our home through tiis group we ended up with d scott hienemen and kurt f johnson on the deed to our home it was almost impossible to remove the names if any one has heard of these scammers please e-mail me [email protected]
    The Federal District Court for the Northern District of California has established a process for the removal of the Trustees (Kurt and Scott) from the various bogus trusts. Have your attorney contact the court or the Federal Prosecutor to find out how to extricate yourself. Dozens of participants have used the process to disconnect themselves from the scam.

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
    http://www.loansharks.blogspot.com

Capt Kurt offered 97 months (8 yrs) while Scotty is offered 84 months .In the federal system those sentences come with no parole.

Always revealing to see the promoters of these so called debt elimination of free yourself from liens etc.. after yrs of telling others of their proven , guaranteed methods to get out of debt (for a reasonable up front fee of course) seem to end up coping pleas when they are confronted with the same issues they encourage others for to follow. 97 months for Capt Kurt and 87 months for Scotty.

[B]From their blog:[/B]

Well as we suspected we got the offer of a lifetime from their perspective. Actually it was refreshing and amusing to talk for the first time with a judge who didn't tell me "life, life, you're going to get life." It was very much like my experiences as a car salesman. They had the bait and switch, the foursquare shuffle, and the invisible manager in the other room who had to approve any deal. In fact the entire exercise was identical. Scotty even said he didn't want the undercoating. Funny how it was business and not law that was discussed or practiced. The tenure of the meeting was to take ten years and upon getting out, fix the system since we may have discovered a political problem. How brilliant does that sound? At least each side did start to see some light at the end of the tunnel to resolve this matter. By the end of the session I was offered 97 months and Scott 87. Wow I bet that disappoints our critics. This should be very good news for the co-defendants. As for Scott and I we wrestle with a very hard choice. They made it clear the facts don't matter. They are pleading one case, trying another, and lying and cheating to win with propaganda by media and a confused jury a third version. THIS CAN ONLY BE TRUE IN COMMERCE AND NOT AT LAW. DID YOU HEAR ME? Is this another indicator?

How much of your life would you bet on truth in a world of lies? I can't believe these people can sleep with themselves because they are using the lives of people as their commodity without any law. This doesn't make Darling Dimples Dimke or the Yeller Feller Keller respectable, honorable, or tolerable. I'm pretty certain this deal will be what it takes to resolve this matter and that the set of facts that do matter will leave us no choice. The frauds keep stacking up and a trial is just icing on the cake not a resolution. Some of you might be scared by what I'm saying but if you did your homework you might understand what I'm telling you and get excited. I'm seeking God for a little more clarity but I think I see the path to take. The trial would be accounting experts, not related to any of the banks, some clients, and objections to just about every question we would ask. Now I can fantasize about how to win this trial but that is my pride seeking vindication. The path of the Lord is far superior in wisdom. What is funny about what people are seeing develop is that none except those very well trained in the faith will see God's victory which is disguised as defeat. If you get panicked by the coming developments draw closer to God and he will give you assurance and rest. I could have never imagined how God's gifts could exceed even my dreams. Those who know Christ, you are well loved. He knows the difference between empty and full, gold and clay and He will divide them. Those who devise wicked plans and swear out oaths to make the lie appear as truth only fool themselves. Facts do matter in the courts of heaven.

The work we came to do is almost complete. Though we are willing to suffer their injustice that does not mean they are exempted from its pains. The Northern District is a cesspool of corruption full of wicked and vile men. God apparently has heard enough of the prayers of injustice that He has decided to do something about it. Just because it seems as though we are on trial and the ones getting ravished you are not free to determine with your retarded reason that you understand. God is about a very different plan where truth is always prevailing as it absorbs the evil in condemnation. Once it has collected the evidence and the witness to the prayers are confirmed, sentence will be passed and God will be vindicated. Your fatigue and God's delay will both work together for good in the end.

That is what people are saying. Posts are appearing on Kurts blog saying the same. Guilty verdicts have been returned . Johnson did not show a reaction to verdicts and Heineman was visibly shaken.Both were facing 35 felony counts. We could be talking about some lengthy sentences.Here's the jury verdict form. http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/johnson519-2.pdf

Jury trial was held on Nov 13 ..Judge Alsup gave his final instructions to the jury on Nov 13. The judge also issued and order : Please make sure that all victims are given a timely opportunity to submit victim-impact statements and to appear at the sentencing and speak. 11/13/2007 517 ORDER DISMISSING WITH PREJUDICE COUNTS 64 AND 65 IN THE SUPERSEDING INDICTMENTgranting 513 Motion to Dismiss as to Dale Scott Heineman (1), Kurt F. Johnson (2). Signed by Judge William H. Alsup on November 13, 2007. (whalc2, COURT STAFF) (Entered: 11/13/2007)

11/13/2007 519 FINAL CHARGE TO THE JURY AND SPECIAL VERDICT FORM as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson, The Dorean Group, The Oxford Trust, Baylor Trust, Universal Trust Services, William Julian, Farrel J. Lecompte, Jr, Sara J. Magoon, Charles Dewey Tobias. Signed by Judge William H. Alsup on November 13, 2007. (Attachments: # 1) (whalc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 11/13/2007) (Entered: 11/13/2007)

11/13/2007 520 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge William H. Alsup: Jury Trial as to Dale Scott Heineman, Kurt F. Johnson held on 11/13/2007. Closing Arguments made. Jury Instructions given. Dft used a four page chart during closing. Exhs. and Photos reviewed before going to jury. Further Jury Trial set for 11/14/2007 07:30 AM. (Court Reporter Sahar McVickar.) (dt, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 11/13/2007) (Entered: 11/14/2007)

NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
    The Honorable WILLIAM ALSUP
    Date: November 14, 2007
    Case No. CR 05-00611 WHA
    Case Name: USA v SCOTT HEINEMAN and KURT JOHNSON
    Counsel for Government: David Hall; Brigid Martin
    Counsel for Defendants: Pro Se
    Advisory Counsel: not present CJA Paralegal: Steven Moore
    Clerk: Dawn K. Toland Court Reporter: Joan Columbini
    Trial Began 10/15/07 Trial Ended 11/14/07
    Trial Motions: Disposition
    Proceedings:
    Outside the presence of the jury: Parties agreed to give the jury the clerk’s list of defendants
    exhibits and the Government’s revised exhibit list in response to their request and that exhibits # 26
    and 27 are withdrawn.
    Jury continued deliberations and reached a verdict. Defendant Heineman and Johnson both found
    guilty of all the counts in the special verdict form. Matter continued to 2/5/08 at 2:00pm for
    sentencing.
    Matter continued to 11/16/07 at 10:00am for status re appt of counsel.
    Court will consider the Government’s motion to redact or seal the jury foreperson’s signature from
    the special verdict form. Government’s motion to suspend the defendants computer access is
    granted.

And would you believe....

Kurt's father, "Dr. Fred", has said that "this is what the boys were hoping for", followed by his usual bible recitations.

HUH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

They were HOPING to get nailed on all counts?

The only ones hoping this were the members of Dorean that was scammed out of their hard-earned money.

Brother Kurt got his wish. The judge requested that Dorean victims oral and written statements be read . Kurt won't be seeing daylight anytime soon Would be interesting to find out who the prosecution witnesses were.Brothe Flea Lecompte from Texas , the sales manager and loudest and nastiest of the Dorean brokers made bail easily and received some very generous travel arrangements from the court while awaiting his trial. Kurt did refer to a divorce with Flea in one of his blog posts.

United States Attorney Joseph P. Russoniello
    Northern District of California
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    March 20, 2008
    http://WWW.USDOJ.GOV/USAO/CAN

FOUNDERS OF NATIONWIDE DEBT ELIMINATION SCHEME SENTENCED

SAN FRANCISCO – United States Attorney Joseph P. Russoniello announced that Kurt F. Johnson, 45, of Sunnyvale, California, and Dale Scott Heineman, 48, of Union City, California, were sentenced on March 18, 2008 for orchestrating a nationwide debt elimination scheme. Mr. Johnson was sentenced to 25 years imprisonment and Mr. Heineman was sentenced to 21 years, 8 months imprisonment. The sentences were handed down by United States District Court Judge William Alsup after both defendants were convicted by a jury of multiple counts of fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud.

From 2003 to 2005, Mr. Johnson and Mr. Heineman operated as the Dorean Group from offices in Union City and Newark, California. Together they orchestrated a mortgage elimination scheme whereby fraudulent documents were recorded as part of their clients’ titles to make it appear as though mortgage lenders’ secured interests in the properties were canceled when, in fact, the corresponding mortgage and home equity loans had not been fully repaid. At the direction of the Dorean Group, some of its clients used these fraudulently-generated “free and clear” titles to obtain hundreds of thousands of dollars in new home equity loans from lenders who were led to believe that the properties were unencumbered by loans. Clients who obtained new loans paid 50-75% of the funds to the Dorean Group. At least 20 lenders and as many as 3,500 homeowners throughout 35 states were victimized by Mr. Johnson, Mr. Heineman, and the Dorean Group.

On September 22, 2005, Mr. Johnson and Mr. Heineman were indicted by a grand jury. On November 14, 2007, following a four-week trial, a jury returned guilty verdicts on one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1349, and thirty-four separate counts of mail fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1341.

A Dorean Group “broker” charged with participating in the conspiracy was also sentenced along with Mr. Heineman and Mr. Johnson. In August 2007, William Julian, 44, of Cayce, South Carolina, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1349. On March 18, 2008, Mr. Julian was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment.

A hearing for final determination of restitution is scheduled for June 10, 2008.
    Assistant United States Attorney C. David Hall and Special Assistant United States Attorney Brigid S. Martin are the attorneys prosecuting this case with the assistance of paralegals Christine Tian and Sabah Khan. The convictions and sentences are the result of a three-year investigation by FBI Special Agents Kathia Harp, Spiro Stamos, Emmanuel Pascua, Matthew Ernst, and Holly Erickson.