+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    163

    Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    The following is one of THE MOST IMPORTANT Jewish Institutions :

    The Hebrew Calendar is a Solar- Lunar Calendar. The length of year varies, but is brought into line with the seasons by referencing certain Holy Day markers with the Autumnal Equinox. The monthly aspect closely though not precisely follows the New Moon/ Full Moon cycles. The Holy Days reflect the character of the Calendar in that they are determined both by Solar Seasonal and Monthly occurrences and dates. It has the famous Seven Day Week feature of many Near Eastern Calendars. The Day itself begins at Sunset, with 6 PM sometimes adopted as a geographical or modern/ business adaptation. The Holy Rest Day is of course the Sabbath, a memorial of the Seventh Day of Creation, Friday evening to Saturday evening. Annual Holy Days begin and end likewise.

    Today, the Hebrew Calendar is generally a predetermined institution established in advance by astronomical calculation. ( That Astronomical Calendar, when taken one year at a time, has a base structure of rules which can be learned without too much difficulty and with very minimal calculation; it is the extended calendar which, when accounting for solar seasonal drift, MUST be intricately calculated. ) However, it is believed that at some time in the past the Calendar was decided month by month by direct observation of the first faint crescent of the New Moon, giving an inherent one or two day monthly variation or discrepancy between observers. Thus, some of the more careful or strict Jewish sects allocate TWO DAYS for each of certain of the Holiest Days assuring certainty in the timing of that Holy Day Observance. Other devout Jews may choose only one of those two consecutive days on which to be observant. They take for granted these variations in one another’s traditions, generally.

    Another MOST IMPORTANT Jewish Institution :

    The Jewish People are known as “ The People of the Book “ for a very clear and important reason : Their entire culture today and their very existence as a DISTINCT NATION through time, it could be argued, can be traced to the careful preservation of THEIR ANCIENT WRITINGS !

    It is conceivable that their earliest records started out as an ORAL TRADITION passed down from generation to generation. But, rather soon in their history, it is clear that several important editors of major influence emerged as keepers of knowledge and tradition in written form. I take it upon myself to state categorically that one of the earliest of these was Joseph, son of Jacob- Israel, Benevolent Overlord in Ancient Egypt. He had acquired and did have FULL ACCESS TO ALL ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE OF ANY AND ALL IMAGINABLE DESCRIPTION WHATSOEVER, REST ASSURED FULLY ! There was virtually no ancient field of knowledgeable endeavour outside of his direct or indirect grasp, or outside of his potential grasp, if the need arose. His wisdom is demonstrably tantamount to that of King Solomon of Israel's Descendents, about six hundred years hence. ( How a thing begins and how a foundation is laid IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ! )

    He and his father's family transferred to Goshen within the Nile Delta were the national cultural seed first planted from which Israel took root in the increasingly worldly and the ultimately challenging adverse conditions in Egypt.

    Moses is a well known editor and author and writer of the ancient Israelite records. It would appear that his own position in Egypt was somewhat lower than but similar to that of Joseph's, about four hundred years earlier. Moses came to experience some forty years of life in Egypt, and left for a time as Israel's conditions grew worse, only to return suddenly and synchronistically to Egypt in the midst of the most fantastic and fortuitous series of national and natural disasters ( at the massive detonation of the volcano Thera on the island of Santorini in the Eastern Mediterranean ). Israel and Moses JUMPED AT THIS UTTERLY UNBELIEVABLE, DIVINELY ORDAINED, ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO ESCAPE WHILE EGYPT WAS IN THIS NOW WEAKENED STATE !

    This fact stands today as an absolutely proven certainty !

    Joshua, a likely relay or writer and editor, began the long period of national evolution whose developments and advances paralleled that of all the contemporary tribal nations of Canaan. The fruits of this cultural evolution in the Near East resulted in the establishment of early Nation- States, the real beginnings of what we call Western or Indo- European Civilization.

    Samuel the Prophet appears to have been the acknowledged keeper in this age of another transition : King Saul over Israel was that bridge between Israel's last tribal chieftain and her first real KING and political KINGDOM. The legendary Dynasty of King David Son of Jesse of Bethlehem of Judah begins with the personal and political collapse of Saul's Party. Saul unhappily was not a spiritually inclined individual : we can only pity him. But King David of Jesse used every opportunity to lay a stable foundation FOR REGIONAL EMPIRE, in faith, never wavering from belief that it could be brought into being ! His own son, Solomon of David, ABSOLUTELY DID SO !
    So that, Solomon's Kingdom was the historically full and real fulfillment of the national promises of greatness for Abraham's descendants.

    But company was coming : Empires grew and devoured one another only to reformulate in a repeating and usually predictable pattern in the regions adjacent to Israel : North Africa, Tigris- Euphrates Valley, Asia Minor, even the Eastern Mediterranean and East Africa and India. Her former STRENGTHS were turned against her AS WEAKNESSES by combined devouring, opportunistic enemy vultures. Economic, Political and Social Stressors impinged quickly and increasingly heavily upon Israel, which induced a polarization catalyzed by the death of Solomon, wherein the now overinstitutionalized Nation of Israel literally SPLIT IN TWO, each part, the North and the South obtaining a different destiny from that time to this. IT IS THE EXISTENCE OF THE PRESENTLY KNOWN IDENTITY OF WHO WE KNOW AS I S R A E L WHICH IS FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR BY THE SPIRITUAL AND REAL HISTORICAL CONNECTION MAINTAINED BY THEM AND THEIR SOUTHERN ANCESTORS, but which spiritual and real historical relationship and connection was entirely LOST to their Northern Brothers, who themselves are actually unknown to this day, as well !

    Ezra the Scribe began the time of Semi- Independence for Israel as THE AGE OF VASSAL STATEHOOD for Israel commenced.
    ( Modern Israel itself continues that condition today as an established vassal of the United States of America and as a semi- vassal of the European Community of Nations and of Russia and of the United Nations. DO NOT BELIEVE OTHERWISE ! )
    This period begins with Ezra and Nehemiah and King Cyrus of Persia around 500 B.C.E. and ENDS in 70 A.D. with the scattering of the power of this Holy People by ROME once and for all ( OR SO IT WAS THOUGHT ).
    It is important at this point to state categorically THAT ONE MAN was actually responsible, one individual gets the credit for the miraculous DELAY of Israel's final scattering, DELAYED FOR EXACTLY ONE GENERATION, FORTY YEARS, FROM A.D. 30 TO A.D. 70 !
    For Rome should have impatiently SMASHED Israel, Judea, Jerusalem and Galilee in the years between 25 and 33 A.D.
    But political opportunists ON ALL SIDES in 30- 31 A.D. gleefully took advantage of a scapegoat fortuitously at hand !
    They extracted the price IN FULL PAYMENT from the living flesh and blood of this scapegoat ! WHO COULD THAT BE ? His death at all hands in authority TEMPORARILY DEFUSED A MOUNTING SOCIO- POLITICO-MILITARY CRISIS ! I WONDER ! ?

    One more clue : some of his purported followers historically have taught the exact opposite : that Rome ultimately DESTROYED ISRAEL AS A RESULT OF the coming and the events surrounding the presence of this man. Ironies never cease !

    Ezra, all agree, did the final compilation, editing and transfer of all Canonized Hebrew Scripture. Prophets and seers working during the Israelite and Judean captivities, and during the Vassal Statehood Period all could see the way the world was going : Western Civilization was slowly evolving and even transferring itself geographically according to the Balance of Economic Centers, northwesterly from the Near and Middle East, to the Eastern Mediterranean, to Southeastern Europe, to South Central Europe, to Western and Central Europe, frankly simply following the balance of advancing economic- geographical- cultural- contact frontiers. These seers simply understood the way of all human social systems as do any Elders from whatever Tribe they may be Citizens in all of God's Earth ! For some Reason, it seems that this North- Westerly motion of Western Civilization has continued unabated on this planet for the past three thousand five hundred years ! To continue, its center moving for a time into the British Isles and then obviously into North America. Does anyone know what is the next North- Westerly Frontier we hunger for or do covet ?
    Would that New Frontier BE OFF THE PLANET ? There MUST BE THAT FRONTIER, FOR THIS IS ISRAEL'S AND HUMANITY'S DESTINY !
    For YHVH STILL REMEMBERS HIS FRIEND ABRAHAM, HE CAN NEVER FORGET ! HAS SUFFICIENT TIME AND SPACE PASSED OVER THE WATERFALLS OR BLOWN BY IN THE BREEZE ? HAVE THE GLACIERS CUT DOWN ENOUGH MOUNTAIN LANDS, AND HAVE VOLCANOES BUILT ENOUGH ISLANDS TO MAKE HIM FORGET ? IF YOU DO NOT KNOW, JUST ASK JOB !
    Or better, ASK ABRAHAM, His Own Friend ! !

    For the real roots of the Nation of Israel stem from the lifetime of their Patriarch Abraham, not in Moses. Abraham and his wife Sarah are buried in a cave location in HEBRON, just south of Jerusalem. THIS is the one who had the very special Friendship with the One called YHVH.
    Abraham originated as a citizen of the Sumerian Kingdom of the Near East. His life and potential were greatly expanded when he followed the call to leave the institutionally oriented but controlling and constricting civilization of his youthful experiences. He was educated, as you might imagine. And it appears he was singled out as the One who is named YHVH took a special interest in him, though we might imagine that it was really a two- way street, their relationship, I mean. So that he was marked out for a very special reason, and his descendants stand today as a people marked out throughout time. It has every evidence of being the purpose and intent of this YHVH that THERE WOULD BE A MARKER LEFT BEHIND ON THIS PARTICULAR PLANET, Yahweh's own reference point given to human civilization evidencing His own continued and continuing involvement in human affairs. And I do not mean a particular BOOK; I do not mean even a particular human culture or a people PER SE. It is just that Abraham's own descendants DO EVIDENCE AND MEMORIALIZE THE EXISTENCE AND LIFE OF ABRAHAM HIMSELF ! ! SO, THEY REALLY OUGHT TO HONOR HIM AND LIVE AS HE LIVED ! What better purpose could this Abraham's memorial descendants be given ? I truly believe every evidence is that this One YHVH intended to designate ABRAHAM AS A PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL.

    MORE Important Jewish Institutions :

    The Tabernacle in the Wilderness and the later Temples were similar structurally in pattern and layout and even more similar in function as ceremonial centers. The general pattern is one of increasing Holiness and Sanctity as one enters from East to West through well defined zones of attribute. But it would be more accurate to say that the East- West increase in Sanctity and nearness to the Divine would better be described as allegorically moving from EARTH TO HEAVEN ! From this Planet and Natural Realm to the Location Where God Lives or From Which He Rules. Cultural- Religious evolution of the ceremonial centers is faintly visible in the sweep of time and events which Hebrew Scriptures describe. The Tabernacle built by Moses and Aaron was a completely portable structure, composed of what would have to be the entire national wealth of a tribal nation of their time and economy. Many structural components of GOLD, SILVER AND COPPER OVERLAY, but especially the ceremonial items of SOLID GOLD, SILVER AND COPPER. And rare and large carat PRECIOUS STONES as vestment decoration, highest quality and expensive fabrics. Nearness to copper, silver and gold represented movement into increasingly Holy zones, respectively. And there were also Holy People, the descendants of the Tribal Head Levi ( one of Twelve/ Thirteen Tribes ), and yet more Holy, particular descendants of Levi who also happened to descend through the Line of Aaron, brother of Moses. The High Priest, the Highest Religious office, was ALWAYS and ONLY a Descendant of Aaron. All Levites were Priests in Israel's religious system, but individual responsibilities varied greatly.

    King David of Jesse made preparations for his successor, his own son Solomon, to build the first permanent structure comprising the Ceremonial Center in Israel. It is not entirely clear just what became of the structural and ceremonial artifacts of the portable Tabernacle. One reasonably expects that many of its components were incorporated into the new ceremonial center : THE HOLY TEMPLE OF YHVH, THE GOD OF ISRAEL. This structure survived only about 300- 400 years and, amazingly, experienced phases of its existence which always closely paralleled the condition of Israel as a society in any given generation ! This First Temple and the Nation it Represented to the world suffered looting and destruction and eventually the surviving Southern Kingdom and Brothers, the Kingdom of Judah, was taken into a rather unique collective captivity in a massive and sudden physical deportation into the arms and lands of CENTRAL BABYLON, RIGHT ON THE TIGRIS- EUPHRATES ! Ah ! Father Abraham ! The parallels we could draw, weeping as we go ! But, providentially, and amazingly, the nation was actually found to be largely intact, after the initial shock ! I know these things sound completely unbelievable, but these are established facts, handed down from the ancients, for over two- thousand five- hundred years.

    Jewish Princes even became LEADERS in the Government of Babylon over their own semi- autonomous people as their nation started to actually thrive while living in Babylon.....who would have thought ! ? But it was all because they maintained their spiritual connection to the Creator during and after all of this happened to them. Now, it would seem, there is only one logical conclusion to rectify their state at that time : THE RETURN TO THE LAND OF THEIR FATHERS ! So, those same living Jewish Princes who were ' cooperating ' with Babylon and its System DID THEMSELVES LIVE TO SEE BABYLON OVERTURNED BY THE PERSIAN EMPIRE- and the Persians were astute enough TO KNOW THESE JEWISH PRINCES WERE QUITE AGREEABLE AND AMENABLE TO SEE THIS OVERTURN OF EVENTS, and the Persians proceeded to keep them on as Princes ! But you haven't heard anything yet. The Persian King was presented a plan by one of these Jewish Princes proposing TO MOVE ISRAEL IN REESTABLISHING THEM AS A VASSAL STATE, NOW OF PERSIA, on Persia's Mediterranean Frontier ! Moreover, it was during this time of transition that political forces were debating in Persia about just what to do with the Jews.

    Political conspirators on one side of the debate tried to induce another Persian King to eradicate Israel as opposed to putting them to good use as a cooperative vassal.
    An early version of the not- so- original " FINAL SOLUTION " to the Jewish " PROBLEM ". Genocide was close at hand. But please, read the Book of Esther and observe Purim to get filled in on more of the details.

    Or ask the descendant of a survivor !

    So the Persian King sent Israel back to the Amorite Lands, the Lands their Fathers inherited from Jacob their Father. The PEOPLE THEMSELVES, livestock and other possessions, much national wealth and EVEN VALUABLE CEREMONIAL ARTIFACTS FROM THE FIRST TEMPLE were all returned, in stages, back to Jerusalem and the city's immediate environs. Now named after the Old Kingdom of Judah that fell, the People of the Jews began to emigrate back to Israel from North Africa, East Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, the Eastern Mediterranean, Asia Minor, from throughout Persia and the frontiers of the Persian Empire, from as far away as South- Western Asia and the Indian Sub- continent.

    The Second Temple was built during this period, and it took five decades to complete. It was a completely Israelite structure. But even that was only its first stage of construction.
    One of the Herods, a Governor in Judea working for the Roman Empire, set about to enlarge and to embellish the original Second Temple, Hellenizing its architecture( making it after the typically favored Greek Culture ), combining Gentile and Israelite characteristics in its final form. It is this Temple that is most recent in the memory and history and closest to the hearts of the Jewish People. For there has never been an Israelite Temple of YHVH built since the terrible destruction of the City of Jerusalem, the Holy Temple and the Nation in A.D. 70 by the Gentile Romans.

    But many have wondered : Will another Jewish Temple, the Holy Temple of YHVH, ever again be built ?

    Authored by Kevin Puppos, Toledo, Ohio

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    163

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Comrades,

    My posted article, written about 10 years ago, summarizes my views I held shortly after my leaving Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God.

    My views have modified since.

    After posting here, I had asked myself whether Abraham himself was truly a Mono- Theist- the Scripture NOWHERE shows Abraham calling himself a Mono- Theist, nor does the Scripture show any of the Hebrew Patriarchs claiming Yahweh- YHVH as being the ONE- AND- ONLY- TRUEST God. The idea of the One- True- God must have been imposed upon the record of the Patriarch's by later Jews, as you possibly imply or suggest.

    Still, there is a very faint outline of truth to the Biblical record- it is difficult even for ancient contemporaries to forge or fake history- their living contemporary countrymen can hardly be fooled that easily- cultural story is passed along several lines- not just one official line. Yet, cultural story also does evolve, so that, to be sure, there is not just ONE ' Truth ' to be had.

    As time and centuries pass, some aspects of Story become more solidified, while other aspects become more vague and yet other aspects remain fluid.
    The idea is that story serves as an integrator of all aspects of Culture, similarly to the function Religion serves- thus the confluence of Religion and Story into, of course, Religious Story ! But the record itself portrays their Religion as evolving.

    I hope we can see that the issue is really not one of Pure UnFounded Fable or simple Lies, but certainly the picking and choosing of certain aspects of story to remember and emphasize serves well the agenda of certain classes of contemporaries, such as Priests and Kings holding social power. And opportunism of agendas changes with time and circumstance, as well.

    I have to laugh when I hear people refer to the Jews as a ' Tribe '- when, if anything, the Jews' intimate connection to the founding and spread of Western Civilization, which is decidedly NOT a Tribal Culture, well, I consider the later Hebrews' Culture to be ANTI- Tribe at root. And, moreover, I consider the Zionists to be an Elitist minority sect of Jews who have allowed themselves to become infected with the Roman Imperial Cultural Virus.
    Their own record portrays their own YHVH as being the very one to DISSOLVE their Political Nation for all time, never to be reconstituted by human hands or human will or power. The words of THEIR OWN PROPHETS.....

    Then there is Jesus.

    Jesus represents a sect of First Century Jews who come to see that their destiny can never be to succeed as a Political Power in a world controlled and owned by the Dominator Gentile Roman Culture. Christianity then grew up to accept that NO INDIVIDUAL can ever be fully immune from the effects of that Roman Imperial Cultural Virus destined to relentlessly spread, infecting the whole of humanity- as graphically portrayed by the Book of Revelation. Jesus seems to be offering that the only solution to the human dilemma is and remains a personal one- a NON- Institutional solution-

    and there, I consider the American Evangelical Fundamentalists and their relationship to the US Government and American Culture to be parallel to the relationship held by the early Catholic Church to the succession of European Roman Empire revivals- TOO COZY an arrangement- that combining of Church and State-

    yet the irony here is that ALL healthy cultures have integrated well together their Culture's Religion with their Culture's Ruling System- all Tribes manage it quite well- it is a natural and frankly desirable process- the problem for large scale hierarchical cultures of the West is that their societies are heavily stratified- power is not shared and spread equally downward- so their Institutional Religions become just as oppressive as the Imperial Governments and Economies they endorse and support : Hierarchical Cultural Religions serve to integrate only the POWER aspects of the society- whereas Tribal Religions serve to integrate together EVERYONE and all levels of society.

    Kevin

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Hey, Kevin. I left the WCG back in '74, when we had the "big split" led by Dr. Ernest Martin. Several sub-groups formed but drifted off on their own.

    I see similarities in your conclusions and mine. However, if you look for an actual meaning in Israel's law, it was not to unite people, but actually to provide a framework that caused systems to break apart.

    Notice Jesus' statement in Matthew 10:34-38.

    Take biblical teachings and place them in a framework of information theory. Clade Shannon told us back in 1948 that the more probable a message, the less information it contains. Another way of saying this is that the more a message is repeated, the less information it contains.

    The pattern of this is seen in the story of the Tower of Babel. The people had one language, one system of organization, one goal. They were going to figure God out by building a tower reaching to heaven. You see YHVH's reaction to this:

    "....the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do".

    YHVH's problem was not in uniting them. That came quite naturally, and was driven by their genetic replicative algorithm. They were "being fruitful and multiplying".

    The problem was that they did all have one language, one view of reality, and one goal that would have ultimately destroyed their society.

    The ultimate purpose of Israel's law, therefore, was to prevent that very problem, the need of the people to unite into one destructive form.

    Look at biblical history. Egypt became a united empire with a god-king who enslaved people and destroyed freedom. They were dependent on slaves, of which Israel was one culture.

    Israel became free and wandered in a desert in which they were conditioned to obey a specific law regardless of their environment. They were to be totally dependent on their God for their needs(manna).

    As a conseqnence, no matter where they found themselves, the were conditioned to be obedient to the law given to them in the desert.

    They were prepared to "inform" other cultures that united and enslaved others, just as "leaven" spreads and expands through a loaf.

    Sin was even called leaven in the OT. Israel was to have no part in that spreading over territory.

    As a result, historians tell us that Israel was an incredibly diverse culture, disagreeing on how God's law should be obeyed. This very diversity, along with their conditioning in the desert, gave them tremendous adaptability as they were "swallowed" by various "leavened" empires, like Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.

    Yet as each empire dissolved and became mostly lost to history, Jews remained relatively unchanged, always adaptive, always waiting for their "Kingdom of God" to come.

    Paul tells us in Romans 8:7 that the natural mind is enmity against God and cannot be subject to God's law. This means that all attempts to obey God will necessarily result in disagreement and division, even until "a man's enemies will be those of his own household(Matthew 10:34-38)".

    That is exactly the effect of the nation of israel, then the Jews, and now, christians who try to keep the law according to biblical principles. They produce disagreement, disharmony, and prevent the "leavening" of one world unity.

    No human can truthfully organize in God's name and represent God, because the natural mind cannot be subject to God's laws. All attrempts will only produce an increasing diversity of religions. That is exactly what such efforts are intended to produce, forcing people to become more individualistic in their lives.

    The ex-WCG-ers, once they broke out of the church, became more divisive and disagreeable. You can find them all over the internet, proclaiming their version of God's law and how it should be obeyed, some being highly restrictive and allowing no one to come in without approval.

    That is exactly what God's law produces, and exactly what it was designed to produce, because a message repeated too often becomes destructive and maladaptive. A message that brings uncertainty and causes constant re-evaluation is more informative and highly adaptive.

    Even the atheism and refusal to believe in God serves a higher survival value than obedience to a single process of thought. Everything is working as it was intended.

  4. #4
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God
    How would one ever join or believe a Cult such as WCG?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    How would one ever join or believe a Cult such as WCG?
    We thought we were right, and we learned we were wrong.

    Myself, I was a teen-ager, drop-out, just hoping for something to give my life meaning. Sucker for a cult like so many others.

    I had great times, made great friends, but those same former friends would have nothing to do with me.

    Even had a girl-friend, beautiful girl. When I left, her parents didn;t want me around her.

    Interesting, the WCG did make me strong enough to stand on my own two feet. And it made me realize that all organized religion is crap.

    But you know, I'd still like to belong to some group where we all got along and we all are a little satisfied with things. Stupid as it was, I miss it.

  6. #6
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Thanks for the honest answer, very much appreciated. Do you now, find a spot or a need that Religion would fill?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Thanks for the honest answer, very much appreciated. Do you now, find a spot or a need that Religion would fill?
    Depends on how you define religion. If you mean a set of rules established by people that we're supposed to obey, no, I'm beyond that.

    "Religion" coming from the word "ligare"(I think), meaning "to bind", I have no need to be bound to anyone by doctrine or dogma.

    Ol' Herbert sprung us loose from the idea of an ever burning hell, and showed the other relgions to be mistaken. I found that even his ideas were wrong because there simply is no authority of any person who can represent God.

    The problem is, his church unleashed some near racist ideas like Ben-Ariel's.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post

    Paul tells us in Romans 8:7 that the natural mind is enmity against God and cannot be subject to God's law.
    i just had a thought about the word natural mind!?if gods laws are evident in nature,then a natur(e)(al) mind should be automatically in accord with nature!?:freak3: :judges::spin2: : heeh!!.....just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 02-04-2009 at 12:53 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  9. #9
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    "God's Laws...."

    Please show proof of God. More like Nature's Law. God not needed.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    163

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Hey doojie,

    Nice to hear from a former WCG- getting rather rare to find one nowadays !

    Thanks for your wise insights.

    People like us have had a lot of years and a lot of motivation to think deeply about things !

    Going back a couple years, I have been intently studying the phenomenon of Marian Apparitions.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Puppos View Post
    Judeo- Christianity In Panorama

    The following is one of THE MOST IMPORTANT Jewish Institutions :

    The Hebrew Calendar is a Solar- Lunar Calendar. The length of year varies, but is brought into line with the seasons by referencing certain Holy Day markers with the Autumnal Equinox. The monthly aspect closely though not precisely follows the New Moon/ Full Moon cycles. The Holy Days reflect the character of the Calendar in that they are determined both by Solar Seasonal and Monthly occurrences and dates. It has the famous Seven Day Week feature of many Near Eastern Calendars. The Day itself begins at Sunset, with 6 PM sometimes adopted as a geographical or modern/ business adaptation. The Holy Rest Day is of course the Sabbath, a memorial of the Seventh Day of Creation, Friday evening to Saturday evening. Annual Holy Days begin and end likewise.

    Today, the Hebrew Calendar is generally a predetermined institution established in advance by astronomical calculation. ( That Astronomical Calendar, when taken one year at a time, has a base structure of rules which can be learned without too much difficulty and with very minimal calculation; it is the extended calendar which, when accounting for solar seasonal drift, MUST be intricately calculated. ) However, it is believed that at some time in the past the Calendar was decided month by month by direct observation of the first faint crescent of the New Moon, giving an inherent one or two day monthly variation or discrepancy between observers. Thus, some of the more careful or strict Jewish sects allocate TWO DAYS for each of certain of the Holiest Days assuring certainty in the timing of that Holy Day Observance. Other devout Jews may choose only one of those two consecutive days on which to be observant. They take for granted these variations in one another’s traditions, generally.

    Another MOST IMPORTANT Jewish Institution :

    The Jewish People are known as “ The People of the Book “ for a very clear and important reason : Their entire culture today and their very existence as a DISTINCT NATION through time, it could be argued, can be traced to the careful preservation of THEIR ANCIENT WRITINGS !

    It is conceivable that their earliest records started out as an ORAL TRADITION passed down from generation to generation. But, rather soon in their history, it is clear that several important editors of major influence emerged as keepers of knowledge and tradition in written form. I take it upon myself to state categorically that one of the earliest of these was Joseph, son of Jacob- Israel, Benevolent Overlord in Ancient Egypt. He had acquired and did have FULL ACCESS TO ALL ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE OF ANY AND ALL IMAGINABLE DESCRIPTION WHATSOEVER, REST ASSURED FULLY ! There was virtually no ancient field of knowledgeable endeavour outside of his direct or indirect grasp, or outside of his potential grasp, if the need arose. His wisdom is demonstrably tantamount to that of King Solomon of Israel's Descendents, about six hundred years hence. ( How a thing begins and how a foundation is laid IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ! )

    He and his father's family transferred to Goshen within the Nile Delta were the national cultural seed first planted from which Israel took root in the increasingly worldly and the ultimately challenging adverse conditions in Egypt.

    Moses is a well known editor and author and writer of the ancient Israelite records. It would appear that his own position in Egypt was somewhat lower than but similar to that of Joseph's, about four hundred years earlier. Moses came to experience some forty years of life in Egypt, and left for a time as Israel's conditions grew worse, only to return suddenly and synchronistically to Egypt in the midst of the most fantastic and fortuitous series of national and natural disasters ( at the massive detonation of the volcano Thera on the island of Santorini in the Eastern Mediterranean ). Israel and Moses JUMPED AT THIS UTTERLY UNBELIEVABLE, DIVINELY ORDAINED, ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO ESCAPE WHILE EGYPT WAS IN THIS NOW WEAKENED STATE !

    This fact stands today as an absolutely proven certainty !

    Joshua, a likely relay or writer and editor, began the long period of national evolution whose developments and advances paralleled that of all the contemporary tribal nations of Canaan. The fruits of this cultural evolution in the Near East resulted in the establishment of early Nation- States, the real beginnings of what we call Western or Indo- European Civilization.

    Samuel the Prophet appears to have been the acknowledged keeper in this age of another transition : King Saul over Israel was that bridge between Israel's last tribal chieftain and her first real KING and political KINGDOM. The legendary Dynasty of King David Son of Jesse of Bethlehem of Judah begins with the personal and political collapse of Saul's Party. Saul unhappily was not a spiritually inclined individual : we can only pity him. But King David of Jesse used every opportunity to lay a stable foundation FOR REGIONAL EMPIRE, in faith, never wavering from belief that it could be brought into being ! His own son, Solomon of David, ABSOLUTELY DID SO !
    So that, Solomon's Kingdom was the historically full and real fulfillment of the national promises of greatness for Abraham's descendants.

    But company was coming : Empires grew and devoured one another only to reformulate in a repeating and usually predictable pattern in the regions adjacent to Israel : North Africa, Tigris- Euphrates Valley, Asia Minor, even the Eastern Mediterranean and East Africa and India. Her former STRENGTHS were turned against her AS WEAKNESSES by combined devouring, opportunistic enemy vultures. Economic, Political and Social Stressors impinged quickly and increasingly heavily upon Israel, which induced a polarization catalyzed by the death of Solomon, wherein the now overinstitutionalized Nation of Israel literally SPLIT IN TWO, each part, the North and the South obtaining a different destiny from that time to this. IT IS THE EXISTENCE OF THE PRESENTLY KNOWN IDENTITY OF WHO WE KNOW AS I S R A E L WHICH IS FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR BY THE SPIRITUAL AND REAL HISTORICAL CONNECTION MAINTAINED BY THEM AND THEIR SOUTHERN ANCESTORS, but which spiritual and real historical relationship and connection was entirely LOST to their Northern Brothers, who themselves are actually unknown to this day, as well !

    Ezra the Scribe began the time of Semi- Independence for Israel as THE AGE OF VASSAL STATEHOOD for Israel commenced.
    ( Modern Israel itself continues that condition today as an established vassal of the United States of America and as a semi- vassal of the European Community of Nations and of Russia and of the United Nations. DO NOT BELIEVE OTHERWISE ! )
    This period begins with Ezra and Nehemiah and King Cyrus of Persia around 500 B.C.E. and ENDS in 70 A.D. with the scattering of the power of this Holy People by ROME once and for all ( OR SO IT WAS THOUGHT ).
    It is important at this point to state categorically THAT ONE MAN was actually responsible, one individual gets the credit for the miraculous DELAY of Israel's final scattering, DELAYED FOR EXACTLY ONE GENERATION, FORTY YEARS, FROM A.D. 30 TO A.D. 70 !
    For Rome should have impatiently SMASHED Israel, Judea, Jerusalem and Galilee in the years between 25 and 33 A.D.
    But political opportunists ON ALL SIDES in 30- 31 A.D. gleefully took advantage of a scapegoat fortuitously at hand !
    They extracted the price IN FULL PAYMENT from the living flesh and blood of this scapegoat ! WHO COULD THAT BE ? His death at all hands in authority TEMPORARILY DEFUSED A MOUNTING SOCIO- POLITICO-MILITARY CRISIS ! I WONDER ! ?

    One more clue : some of his purported followers historically have taught the exact opposite : that Rome ultimately DESTROYED ISRAEL AS A RESULT OF the coming and the events surrounding the presence of this man. Ironies never cease !

    Ezra, all agree, did the final compilation, editing and transfer of all Canonized Hebrew Scripture. Prophets and seers working during the Israelite and Judean captivities, and during the Vassal Statehood Period all could see the way the world was going : Western Civilization was slowly evolving and even transferring itself geographically according to the Balance of Economic Centers, northwesterly from the Near and Middle East, to the Eastern Mediterranean, to Southeastern Europe, to South Central Europe, to Western and Central Europe, frankly simply following the balance of advancing economic- geographical- cultural- contact frontiers. These seers simply understood the way of all human social systems as do any Elders from whatever Tribe they may be Citizens in all of God's Earth ! For some Reason, it seems that this North- Westerly motion of Western Civilization has continued unabated on this planet for the past three thousand five hundred years ! To continue, its center moving for a time into the British Isles and then obviously into North America. Does anyone know what is the next North- Westerly Frontier we hunger for or do covet ?
    Would that New Frontier BE OFF THE PLANET ? There MUST BE THAT FRONTIER, FOR THIS IS ISRAEL'S AND HUMANITY'S DESTINY !
    For YHVH STILL REMEMBERS HIS FRIEND ABRAHAM, HE CAN NEVER FORGET ! HAS SUFFICIENT TIME AND SPACE PASSED OVER THE WATERFALLS OR BLOWN BY IN THE BREEZE ? HAVE THE GLACIERS CUT DOWN ENOUGH MOUNTAIN LANDS, AND HAVE VOLCANOES BUILT ENOUGH ISLANDS TO MAKE HIM FORGET ? IF YOU DO NOT KNOW, JUST ASK JOB !
    Or better, ASK ABRAHAM, His Own Friend ! !

    For the real roots of the Nation of Israel stem from the lifetime of their Patriarch Abraham, not in Moses. Abraham and his wife Sarah are buried in a cave location in HEBRON, just south of Jerusalem. THIS is the one who had the very special Friendship with the One called YHVH.
    Abraham originated as a citizen of the Sumerian Kingdom of the Near East. His life and potential were greatly expanded when he followed the call to leave the institutionally oriented but controlling and constricting civilization of his youthful experiences. He was educated, as you might imagine. And it appears he was singled out as the One who is named YHVH took a special interest in him, though we might imagine that it was really a two- way street, their relationship, I mean. So that he was marked out for a very special reason, and his descendants stand today as a people marked out throughout time. It has every evidence of being the purpose and intent of this YHVH that THERE WOULD BE A MARKER LEFT BEHIND ON THIS PARTICULAR PLANET, Yahweh's own reference point given to human civilization evidencing His own continued and continuing involvement in human affairs. And I do not mean a particular BOOK; I do not mean even a particular human culture or a people PER SE. It is just that Abraham's own descendants DO EVIDENCE AND MEMORIALIZE THE EXISTENCE AND LIFE OF ABRAHAM HIMSELF ! ! SO, THEY REALLY OUGHT TO HONOR HIM AND LIVE AS HE LIVED ! What better purpose could this Abraham's memorial descendants be given ? I truly believe every evidence is that this One YHVH intended to designate ABRAHAM AS A PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL.

    MORE Important Jewish Institutions :

    The Tabernacle in the Wilderness and the later Temples were similar structurally in pattern and layout and even more similar in function as ceremonial centers. The general pattern is one of increasing Holiness and Sanctity as one enters from East to West through well defined zones of attribute. But it would be more accurate to say that the East- West increase in Sanctity and nearness to the Divine would better be described as allegorically moving from EARTH TO HEAVEN ! From this Planet and Natural Realm to the Location Where God Lives or From Which He Rules. Cultural- Religious evolution of the ceremonial centers is faintly visible in the sweep of time and events which Hebrew Scriptures describe. The Tabernacle built by Moses and Aaron was a completely portable structure, composed of what would have to be the entire national wealth of a tribal nation of their time and economy. Many structural components of GOLD, SILVER AND COPPER OVERLAY, but especially the ceremonial items of SOLID GOLD, SILVER AND COPPER. And rare and large carat PRECIOUS STONES as vestment decoration, highest quality and expensive fabrics. Nearness to copper, silver and gold represented movement into increasingly Holy zones, respectively. And there were also Holy People, the descendants of the Tribal Head Levi ( one of Twelve/ Thirteen Tribes ), and yet more Holy, particular descendants of Levi who also happened to descend through the Line of Aaron, brother of Moses. The High Priest, the Highest Religious office, was ALWAYS and ONLY a Descendant of Aaron. All Levites were Priests in Israel's religious system, but individual responsibilities varied greatly.

    King David of Jesse made preparations for his successor, his own son Solomon, to build the first permanent structure comprising the Ceremonial Center in Israel. It is not entirely clear just what became of the structural and ceremonial artifacts of the portable Tabernacle. One reasonably expects that many of its components were incorporated into the new ceremonial center : THE HOLY TEMPLE OF YHVH, THE GOD OF ISRAEL. This structure survived only about 300- 400 years and, amazingly, experienced phases of its existence which always closely paralleled the condition of Israel as a society in any given generation ! This First Temple and the Nation it Represented to the world suffered looting and destruction and eventually the surviving Southern Kingdom and Brothers, the Kingdom of Judah, was taken into a rather unique collective captivity in a massive and sudden physical deportation into the arms and lands of CENTRAL BABYLON, RIGHT ON THE TIGRIS- EUPHRATES ! Ah ! Father Abraham ! The parallels we could draw, weeping as we go ! But, providentially, and amazingly, the nation was actually found to be largely intact, after the initial shock ! I know these things sound completely unbelievable, but these are established facts, handed down from the ancients, for over two- thousand five- hundred years.

    Jewish Princes even became LEADERS in the Government of Babylon over their own semi- autonomous people as their nation started to actually thrive while living in Babylon.....who would have thought ! ? But it was all because they maintained their spiritual connection to the Creator during and after all of this happened to them. Now, it would seem, there is only one logical conclusion to rectify their state at that time : THE RETURN TO THE LAND OF THEIR FATHERS ! So, those same living Jewish Princes who were ' cooperating ' with Babylon and its System DID THEMSELVES LIVE TO SEE BABYLON OVERTURNED BY THE PERSIAN EMPIRE- and the Persians were astute enough TO KNOW THESE JEWISH PRINCES WERE QUITE AGREEABLE AND AMENABLE TO SEE THIS OVERTURN OF EVENTS, and the Persians proceeded to keep them on as Princes ! But you haven't heard anything yet. The Persian King was presented a plan by one of these Jewish Princes proposing TO MOVE ISRAEL IN REESTABLISHING THEM AS A VASSAL STATE, NOW OF PERSIA, on Persia's Mediterranean Frontier ! Moreover, it was during this time of transition that political forces were debating in Persia about just what to do with the Jews.

    Political conspirators on one side of the debate tried to induce another Persian King to eradicate Israel as opposed to putting them to good use as a cooperative vassal.
    An early version of the not- so- original " FINAL SOLUTION " to the Jewish " PROBLEM ". Genocide was close at hand. But please, read the Book of Esther and observe Purim to get filled in on more of the details.

    Or ask the descendant of a survivor !

    So the Persian King sent Israel back to the Amorite Lands, the Lands their Fathers inherited from Jacob their Father. The PEOPLE THEMSELVES, livestock and other possessions, much national wealth and EVEN VALUABLE CEREMONIAL ARTIFACTS FROM THE FIRST TEMPLE were all returned, in stages, back to Jerusalem and the city's immediate environs. Now named after the Old Kingdom of Judah that fell, the People of the Jews began to emigrate back to Israel from North Africa, East Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, the Eastern Mediterranean, Asia Minor, from throughout Persia and the frontiers of the Persian Empire, from as far away as South- Western Asia and the Indian Sub- continent.

    The Second Temple was built during this period, and it took five decades to complete. It was a completely Israelite structure. But even that was only its first stage of construction.
    One of the Herods, a Governor in Judea working for the Roman Empire, set about to enlarge and to embellish the original Second Temple, Hellenizing its architecture( making it after the typically favored Greek Culture ), combining Gentile and Israelite characteristics in its final form. It is this Temple that is most recent in the memory and history and closest to the hearts of the Jewish People. For there has never been an Israelite Temple of YHVH built since the terrible destruction of the City of Jerusalem, the Holy Temple and the Nation in A.D. 70 by the Gentile Romans.

    But many have wondered : Will another Jewish Temple, the Holy Temple of YHVH, ever again be built ?

    Authored by Kevin Puppos, Toledo, Ohio
    Yea Kevin, I find people from that region, Asia Minor and the "middle east". Have a much different outlook about religion and it's orgins. They tend to be a little "hipper" than their european counterparts. I find the OT. The first three books of the bible. For the most part fiction and invention also. King David is whole cloth. Jericho. The battles bettween the Philistines and the Hebrews. Philistinia is was north of Assyria anyway. Whole cloth. Job, most of the so called prophets. The bible is a fancy book filled with fancy stories. The captivity was way longer and much more dramatic than told. Once again the book is filled with drama that captivates the readers mind like a good fiction story filled with superhero's. Also once again the entire Jesus story in my opinion is nothing but fiction. Written with reasons of course. It's a book filled with aggression. It's a wonder anyone is alive there at this point lol. I'm forced to be a party to all of this both in the news and much of the progamming that is slanted in one way or another as long as the message is gotten accross hey its there it happened and still is happening like it or not. I don't have to put up with that. What the hell does Europe have to do with the "Middle east" anyway? I mean how is it remotely connected in anyway. Why do we have to hear about it. If I stick my nose in someones business where I have no business. I'm surely going to hear about it lol. People react to things like that its very normal to do so. I find the fiction of Israel even as it stands today as nothing but a story a continuing scam lol. I mean lets defend the people of Texas seems a good a Holy Land as any lol. Their border in continually theatened. Hey its local. Texans are just as good a Holy people as any around. Lets change the name of Texas to Israel and Dallas to Jerusalem. Continue building the wall. Establish settlements along the border with financing. Send arms to El Paso lol. I'll sleep better at night knowing some guy named Jesus is going to show up and straighten everything out.

    By the way. I wanted to add something that disappeared from the bible entirely. Thats the Solomon story. Both characters were described as black and it was a continual theme throughout the story. Thats gone now completely revised. You can't find it the way it was orginally written anywhere. Just like the Holy Ghost disappeared and can't be found. You then understand revision coupled in some cases with events. How it can be done and know one from that point forward knows unless they are old enough those people will disappear of course and the revisions live on until they revise it again.

    I agree with some of what you have to say Kevin, Israel is a "vassal" of Europe there is no doubt about that. As a "vassal" it is treated to some of the finest religous B.S. even conjoured the Bible not withstanding. Where this all really started was with the inventions, heavy machinery, autos foremost in all of this was oil. The invention of heavy machinery 1850s subsiquent develpment and mass production of heavy machinery rendered oil which is more plentiful in the "middle east" than anywhere else on the earth a nessesity. 1918 mass industrial production and oil. the Ball four agreement. LoL. Control of the oil agreements the most presuasive nation of the game all played into this senario which is continuing of course. I wouldn't say anything. However I find myself continually "put upon". Being presuaded with mountains of B.S. Because Europeans consider this all in their best interests. So the question is what is in "our" best interests? The United States. If we continue in that line of thinking. Is our playing into the role of providing for the "Vassal" of Europe "Jerusalem". Going to end in trouble. I think that the leadership of the U.S. should wake up to the fact that they are being "played". Reconginze that the value of the "Middle east" has more to do with oil than any land. I don't think for a minute that the U.S. controls "Jerusalem" in anyway they are just involved in some way in it. That is sober assesment. Oil serves the interests of even Turkey more than it does the United States. Don't understand. Then again what can the U.S. do beyond waiting for some kind of rescue from this entire mess? I understand the positions. I do understand the interests. A unsecured "middle east" would serve the interests of a lot of different nations. Not for the selfish few. But for the unrivaled parnoia of some of the interests concerned and feell the need for more control than they really need. Its more of a strain for those concerned for fear. I risk saying this of nations that could care less about bothering other nations. Who just want to be left alone without all the decorations and fireworks lol. So thats it I guess I understand parinoia just as well as anyone who ever had his own business with a safe full of valuables. I guess were all waiting for another Hussian to pop up and make it all change for one reason or another. Why manipulate anything. I think Europe needs to back off a little take a look around and realize no ones really out to hurt them. They need to realize people want to live and be happy without all the conflict. That whole bible one might forget is nothing but vengence lol even at the end. I don't think vengence case for fear either from the bible or anywhere else. However I understand situations obviously come up. No one seems to rely on anyone else to have a peaceful encounter thats really natural more than some understand. However If I was locked in combat. Turned around walked away with the other combatant saying thats it hey why fight leave it alone. A new beginning is no reason for concern in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jorkin61; 01-16-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Think Only Arabs Are Targets Of Judeo-Nazi Freaks?
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 09:11 AM
  2. Judeo-Christian Right Rule #1: Have No Conscience
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 06:58 AM
  3. Score One for Judeo-Christian Culture!
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 07:24 PM
  4. What Judeo-Fascists Really Think Of Christianity
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 09:52 PM
  5. The Human Ecology of Islam and Judeo- Christianity
    By Kevin Puppos in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 04:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •