Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: A few Questions for Creationists

Your Message

Click here to log in

 

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML
Rate Thread

You may rate this thread from 1-star (Terrible) to 5-stars (Excellent) if you wish to do so.

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 04-02-2012, 08:51 PM
    LogicallyYours

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    One, science can't prove anything.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ientific-proof
    Really? Science proves their was no global flood, not 6 day creating and disproves the 6000 y.o. earth.

    Facts suck, huh?

    Two, science cannot confirm supernatural intervention of any kind.
    If it could, then it would be a natural event anyway.
    You post is a nonsequitur. I made specific statements that dealt with Science proving major myths in the bible to be incorrect. You don't agree? Refute the Science. I'm positive you cannot.
  • 04-02-2012, 08:20 PM
    LogicallyYours

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by skywriteing View Post
    One, science can't prove anything.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ientific-proof
    Two, science cannot confirm supernatural intervention of any kind.
    If it could, then it would be a natural event anyway.
    Really? Science disproves your global flood myth, your 6000 y.o. earth, 6day creation.

    Are you really that daft?
  • 04-02-2012, 05:07 PM
    skywriteing

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    What garbage. These passages in the bible are so vague that one could claim they explain many things.How about the claim of the Noachian global flood? The bible claim it happened and it's basically the mother of all biblical myths...but yet, it's been debunked. It didn't happen.So what now?
    One, science can't prove anything.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ientific-proof
    Two, science cannot confirm supernatural intervention of any kind.
    If it could, then it would be a natural event anyway.
  • 03-31-2012, 02:19 PM
    travelingman

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    your claim is debunked.
    I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

  • 03-31-2012, 01:02 PM
    LogicallyYours

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    The mind is like a parachute, they both work best when open. Just like the high school student that proclaims the irrelevancy of math in his life because he doesn’t “get it”, will never fully grasp the advantage of its understanding until he spends some time in the book. God’s word is far more than an argument for or against the origin of man. It is a mirror of the soul. The result of which it produces in us depends to a large extent upon our reaction to it. If we see that our hair is untidy, we brush it; if we see that our face is dirty, we wash it; if our clothes are in disorder, we adjust them.

    What crap. You come here claiming the bible presents specific evidence or speaks to specific scientific topic and then disingenuously fall back on the straw man claim of "not having an open mind" when your claim is debunked.

    How typical.
  • 03-31-2012, 12:37 PM
    thistle

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    I agree. Without any doubt, there is a symbolic statement that transcends the literal occurrence with all clarity.
    Theres a 100% correlation between the bible claims which have been proven false, and those which are now called "allegorical".

    And all of them at one point were "literal".

    Do you see?
  • 03-31-2012, 12:26 PM
    travelingman

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Thats one of them allegorical ones
    I agree. Without any doubt, there is a symbolic statement that transcends the literal occurrence with all clarity.
  • 03-31-2012, 12:15 PM
    travelingman

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    What garbage. These passages in the bible are so vague that one could claim they explain many things.

    How about the claim of the Noachian global flood? The bible claim it happened and it's basically the mother of all biblical myths...but yet, it's been debunked. It didn't happen.

    So what now?
    The mind is like a parachute, they both work best when open. Just like the high school student that proclaims the irrelevancy of math in his life because he doesn’t “get it”, will never fully grasp the advantage of its understanding until he spends some time in the book. God’s word is far more than an argument for or against the origin of man. It is a mirror of the soul. The result of which it produces in us depends to a large extent upon our reaction to it. If we see that our hair is untidy, we brush it; if we see that our face is dirty, we wash it; if our clothes are in disorder, we adjust them.

  • 03-31-2012, 09:28 AM
    thistle

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    What garbage. These passages in the bible are so vague that one could claim they explain many things.

    How about the claim of the Noachian global flood? The bible claim it happened and it's basically the mother of all biblical myths...but yet, it's been debunked. It didn't happen.

    So what now?
    Thats one of them allegorical ones as opposed to literal. You know, the ones already disproven.

    LOL
  • 03-31-2012, 07:44 AM
    LogicallyYours

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    I would respectfully agree to disagree. The Bible has plenty to say about science, long before science understood it.
    What garbage. These passages in the bible are so vague that one could claim they explain many things.

    How about the claim of the Noachian global flood? The bible claim it happened and it's basically the mother of all biblical myths...but yet, it's been debunked. It didn't happen.

    So what now?
  • 03-29-2012, 05:02 PM
    GHOST DOG

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    You appear a bit self contradictory. Are you disputing the fact that quantum mechanics has revealed that all things are made from light or that God revealed the fact to us 2000 years before it was proven by science?
    I'll simplify it for you.......You are effectively inserting the phrase "god of the Christian bible is their cause" in the sentence "Quantum theory states that vacuum fluctuations are the cause of matter in this universe and the (god of the Christian bible is their cause)" without doing the work of posting scientific, peer-reviewed papers stating that science confirms your premise.
    Simple, huh?
  • 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM
    travelingman

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    The bible was WRONG before science was, too,
    In what regard?
  • 03-29-2012, 03:22 PM
    thistle

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    I don't think any generalizations have been stated. Quantum mechanics has clearly shown that no object is sustainable or possible without light. God's first act of creation (long before mankind knew anything about quantum physics) was to create light.
    Yeah ... those two things are not related. Theres no evidence there is a god/gods, and the people who wrote the bible (people) were aware of light. That doesnt mean it had anything to do with their idea of a deity which they believed in out of ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    I would respectfully agree to disagree. The Bible has plenty to say about science, long before science understood it.
    I disrespectfully disagree.

    Example -that video claims that "each after its own kind" reveals DNA. Bollocks. It just shows that humans were clever enough to know that when they shagged a sheep, there isnt a man/sheep as a result.
  • 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
    travelingman

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Wooly generalisations such as those in the bible about everything are very useful, for the dishonest. They can be interpreted to cover everything, from claiming predictions which are no such thing, to being used as cover for mass murder and oppression of millions of people.
    I don't think any generalizations have been stated. Quantum mechanics has clearly shown that no object is sustainable or possible without light. God's first act of creation (long before mankind knew anything about quantum physics) was to create light.
    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    No, the bible says nothing about science at all, far less quantum mechanics.
    I would respectfully agree to disagree. The Bible has plenty to say about science, long before science understood it.
  • 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM
    EvilZoe

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post

    The bible was WRONG before science was, too, and science corrects itself which the bible does not.

    What's your point?
  • 03-29-2012, 01:59 PM
    thistle

    Re: A few Questions for Creationists

    Also, that video is using the fact that quantum mechanics do not appear to conform to conventional physics, ergo god!

    No. Our conventional understanding of physics is just that ... our as yet incomplete understanding. It is simply our best explanation for what we see.

    Another gap for you to insert your god into. It really is dishonest.
This thread has more than 16 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •