Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Son Of God Movie Review

Your Message

Click here to log in

 

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML
Rate Thread

You may rate this thread from 1-star (Terrible) to 5-stars (Excellent) if you wish to do so.

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 03-12-2014, 03:50 AM
    lexx

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I am surprised so one has said yet: "I liked the book better ;)"
    HAHAHAA that was GOOD!? so what can we say in that regard!? whatever FLOATS your FEEL good BOAT!? if you IMAGINED the book as you read it then the MOVIE may DISappoint!? so what does APPOINTMENT for EACH of us MEAN!? to say/feel i am GOOD or i am BAD!? and then it follows i SHOULD be TRUE to MYSELF REALIZATIONS to be HAPPY as far as that GOES to PRESERVING my WILL to LIVE?! for the VIRTUOUS it is happiness in giving for the NONvirtous it is happiness in TAKING, even to anothers LIFE, material and physical!? :rotz: :rryumy: :spin2:
  • 03-10-2014, 05:35 AM
    Administrator

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    I am surprised so one has said yet: "I liked the book better ;)"
  • 03-09-2014, 10:34 PM
    GHOST DOG

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Yeah, I just saw it. It was a very good movie.
    Thank you. Son of God was a good movie.
    The same way that a movie about the life of the Beatles was a good movie to Beatle's fans.

    However, the folks that know good quality movies mostly panned it.
  • 03-09-2014, 08:09 PM
    lexx

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Fat and ugly? Oh well, he's a pretty good actor, but THAT is an unrealistic movie I'd never waste time or money to see.

    And what is a "retired hitman" anyway? Drug dealer? Or low life street thug?
    no more UNREALISTIC then most biblical stories!? and MUCH more down to MODERN situational identifications!? i was impressed with it's REALITY you might say!? and now i have 2 books to read to boot!? : :crazy1: :spin2:
  • 03-09-2014, 06:52 PM
    Administrator

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Thank you. Son of God was a good movie.
    =
    Behind the scenes:

    Ya know I read the Wisemen actually got there a year later, but who cares?

    Also they then went to Egypt to hide, then India as a teen where he was taught basic Hinduism.(Hippy Christianity) Jesus brought this all back home when we was older and put his spin on it.
    That's the possible backstory, which lines up....alot of books back this up..:sun_smiley:
  • 03-09-2014, 06:44 PM
    conserv4ever

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    His last act, HEALING the guard who got his ear chopped off by Pedro was great. They had so many opportunities, but their hearts were hardened. I see that a lot.


  • 03-09-2014, 05:01 PM
    conserv4ever

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    So no one has seen the Son Of God movie yet? Is anyone going to write a review or are you maniacs just going to go off topic the whole time?
    Yeah, I just saw it. It was a very good movie. It was one of the best portrayals of his earthly life as well as life in general in that region of the world under Roman occupation.

    The "wise men" brought tears to my eyes. There was an interesting discovery recently as to who they were. They found writings that appear to be a first hand account by one of these men and their encounter with the "star" (often, a star represents an angelic messenger)



    For early Christians, the seemingly pivotal yet unexplained background of the mysterious magi provided abundant room to shape new narratives around the question, “Who were the magi?” One of the most compelling, recently translated into English by Brent Landau, professor of religious studies at the University of Oklahoma, is the so-called Revelation of the Magi, an apocryphal account of the traditional Christmas story that purports to have been written by the magi themselves.
    The account is preserved in an eighth-century C.E. Syriac manuscript held in the Vatican Library, although Brent Landau believes the earliest versions of the text may have been written as early as the mid-second century, less than a hundred years after Matthew’s gospel was composed. Written in the first person, the Revelation of the Magi narrates the mystical origins of the magi, their miraculous encounter with the luminous star and their equally miraculous journey to Bethlehem to worship the child. The magi then return home and preach the Christian faith to their brethren, ultimately being baptized by the apostle Thomas. http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/d...magi%E2%80%9D/
    This movie will do very well despite the God-Hating critics. I wouldn't waste my breath. As Yawn says, "Haters gotta hate"



  • 03-09-2014, 10:44 AM
    GHOST DOG

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Fat and ugly? Oh well, he's a pretty good actor, but THAT is an unrealistic movie I'd never waste time or money to see.


    And what is a "retired hitman" anyway? Drug dealer? Or low life street thug?
    You say "unrealistic" I say some things some folks wouldn't believe. But they happened, just the same.
    I've lost quite a bit of weight since I started back into my exercise regimen. And I've never acted in front of the camera, although I've needed to act when the time called for a performance. Ugly? What is that?

    I guess for a 66 year-old black man, some might consider me ugly. I was always stealthy, and quiet, and invisible, so to speak. Thats one big reason I'm still above ground.

    I never had anything to do with drugs in the old life, con. But there are things I'd strive to do differently. I only did, what at the time, everyone involved with the project thought was right, and never did what I, myself deemed wasn't entirely necessary.
  • 03-09-2014, 10:29 AM
    conserv4ever

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Because I'm black and a retired hitman, and I liked the movie...

    Fat and ugly? Oh well, he's a pretty good actor, but THAT is an unrealistic movie I'd never waste time or money to see.

    And what is a "retired hitman" anyway? Drug dealer? Or low life street thug?
  • 03-09-2014, 08:50 AM
    GHOST DOG

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Heres some more good reasons not to see it.




    Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Then it was even better than the original story line, I take it.

    Or maybe its much more believable when its put on film and acted out by trained actors?

    According to not just Rotten Tomatoes but most every major reviewing website, except for the Christian ones, you are among the minority.

    http://www.thenewamerican.com/review...-at-box-office

    Roger Ebert's website gave it only two stars:

    http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/son-of-god-2014
  • 03-09-2014, 08:49 AM
    GHOST DOG

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Heres a good reason not to see it.





    Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Sorry to piss on your parade, but "Rotten Tomatoes" review of it by the fans mostly call it a stinker.

    A miserable 25% favorability....http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/son_of_god_2014/
  • 03-09-2014, 05:39 AM
    Administrator

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    So no one has seen the Son Of God movie yet? Is anyone going to write a review or are you maniacs just going to go off topic the whole time?
  • 03-08-2014, 09:07 PM
    lexx

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Oh man. What void? Just because someone doesn't pray to some magic dude in the sky does not leave a void. In fact I'd say people that live in fear every day of their lives like Conserve have the void.
    interesting POINT we might SAY!? so can YOU explain EXACTLY why YOU do NOT have such a VOID so to SPEAK!? i mean we ALL no when we have written a BAD check it has STAMPED across its REALITY.............VOID!? and what is the DIFF between A VOID and AVOID!? : :chicken: :crazy1: :judges:
  • 03-07-2014, 01:57 PM
    tomInAustin

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Ohein56 I will seriously pray that God can touch your life someday and you come around. Even though I don't know you, I feel profound sadness hearing you have that void in your life.


    If you are an Atheist, then watch the movie. Open your mind and heart and maybe something will happen. Don't be fearful of something that you OBVIOUSLY think is false. Watch it, open your mind, then shoot holes in it afterwards here if you want. You can't comment unless you see it.

    Oh man. What void? Just because someone doesn't pray to some magic dude in the sky does not leave a void. In fact I'd say people that live in fear every day of their lives like Conserve have the void.
  • 03-07-2014, 01:53 PM
    tomInAustin

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    You have me all wrong!

    I don't hate god, mostly, I abhor what men do to others in the name of god...hypocrites make me want to puke.:2gunsfiring_v1:

    That's my "honest personal review"...
    That set the crickets chirping
  • 03-07-2014, 02:43 AM
    Administrator

    Re: Son Of God Movie Review

    If you like that movie so much post a good review in the I LOVE category.
    This thread is for Jesus.... MY NIGGA! :
This thread has more than 16 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •