Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Is Communism the best fit for society?

Your Message

Click here to log in

 

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 06-18-2019, 04:19 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    In the academic world, especially in sociology, Marx and Communism are popular subjects. However, most of these discussions ignore the consequences of Communism insofar as millions of people have been persecuted, imprisoned, and slaughter in large numbers. When will it end? When will academics deal with reality instead of living in fantasy worlds? Oh, I have a lot of experience inasmuch as I spent several years in a sociology department surrounded by Marxists. Academics live in fantasy land, they accept the ideals of Marxism while ignoring, or minimizing, the brutal consequences. The Marxian experiment is over! History has given us facts. For world nations, Marxism has resulted in brutal regimes with the destruction of farm land, homes, loss of freedom, and, most of all, the largest number of killings in world history!

    "Collectively, communist states killed as many as 100 million people, more than all other repressive regimes combined during the same time period. By far the biggest toll arose from communist efforts to collectivize agriculture and eliminate independent property-owning peasants. In China alone, Mao Zedong’s Great Leap Forward led to a man-made famine in which as many as 45 million people perished – the single biggest episode of mass murder in all of world history . In the Soviet Union, Joseph Stalin’s collectivization – which served as a model for similar efforts in China and elsewhere – took some 6 to 10 million lives . Mass famines occurred in many other communist regimes, ranging from North Korea to Ethiopia . In each of these cases, communist rulers were well aware that their policies were causing mass death, and in each they persisted nonetheless, often because they considered the extermination of “Kulak” peasants a feature rather than a bug."

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cb2ecd0b4fa9
  • 06-17-2019, 01:23 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Here are my comments about "entrepreneurship, the seedbed of capitalism."

    It is an obvious truth that entrepreneurship survives and thrives in a capitalist economy where there is sufficient freedom to encourage and reward businessmen with innovative ideas. Moreover, in a capitalist nation, economic rewards for successful entrepreneurship are adequate so as to encourage innovation of products for marketing and mass consumption. Everyone knows stories about people like Bill Gates who with awe inspiring product innovation and marketing skills are able to build a company from the ground up to become a mega firm employing thousands of people. On almost every criterion, entrepreneurship violates principles of communism. The very idea of an awe-inspiring product allowing an entrepreneur to mass produce for successful sales and mounting profits is antithetical to communist principles promoting egalitarianism and equal distribution of land, resources, and, most definitely, the confiscation of wealth.

    In order for a society to become communist, capitalism must be curtailed, which means there is little if no incentive for businessmen to open up the marketplace with a new product. Assuming the communist government would confiscate profits from a booming company, how is the new company going to expand production facilities when the government limits profits? Then, there is the issue of ownership.

    Assuming, as in the case of Communist China, the government has absolute control, how do entrepreneurs thrive without land acquisition as their product base expands. There would have to be cooperation between communist government leaders and entrepreneurs. The big problem, of course, is what to do when the two factions have little in common? In Communist China, we find the government allowing capitalistic practices in order to make the economy prosper. It is a huge contradiction, but it is one which Chinese communist officials have been able to endure. Even so, we find capitalist enterprises in Communist China on the wane. Recently, there has been an exodus of Chinese firms from China to other nations in South East Asia. Moreover, Chinese communist officials have not been able to reconcile their ideology of equalitarianism with a policy of permissiveness for capitalism. However, one must not lose sight of the finer details of Chinese Communist rule. The Chinese Communist government has ownership rights to the land. Therefore, the “Communist Party” controls the nation.

    https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/9780230295155_1
    https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opini...-or-dispirited
    http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Chinese-companies-moving-abroad-to-avoid-trade-war-with-the-US-45934.html
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/06/10/thailand-sees-threefold-increase-in-chinese-companies-looking-to-move/#5bb635ab388f
  • 06-17-2019, 01:17 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i would like to clarify that while i agree with a lot of marx quotes and agree that the ideals of communism would be good i am NOT a chinese or OTHER form of communist!! i favor regulated capitalism!!
    The problem is the kind of regulation you want is stifling, it destroys capitalism. In particular, there would be little room for entrepreneurship, which is the seedbed of capitalism. Here is some advice, think your position through to include all contingencies. As far as I know, hardly anyone has thought threw the implications of communism, not even Marx!Why doesn't anyone get it! Are there that many stupid intellectuals in our world? ha. ha.

    In short, how can you have a society based on the elimination of social differences when "competency-based" evaluations are essential for self-esteem maintenance. How can people function when they are not allowed to freely develop their competencies?
  • 06-16-2019, 11:41 PM
    lexx

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    i would like to clarify that while i agree with a lot of marx quotes and agree that the ideals of communism would be good i am NOT a chinese or OTHER form of communist!! i favor regulated capitalism!!
  • 06-16-2019, 09:18 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    What's to discuss... they've failed. I said so and so did you. If you want to attempt to teach an economics or polisci class I suggest you get your teaching credentials in order and go to a school that will hire you to teach those subjects. Otherwise you're just so much wasted space.
    What the hell does that have to do with my thread? Evidently, you haven't read it! It is alright to criticize, but know what you say! The thread isn't about economics, it is about communism! Yes, economics is part of the discussion, but the thread is about COMMUNISM!
  • 06-16-2019, 09:12 PM
    PaulM

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    What's to discuss... they've failed. I said so and so did you. If you want to attempt to teach an economics or polisci class I suggest you get your teaching credentials in order and go to a school that will hire you to teach those subjects. Otherwise you're just so much wasted space.
  • 06-16-2019, 08:52 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Communism failed... the USSR is proof of that. The countless pages written here are nothing more than an exaggerated rant. Communism failed. Discussion over. However, pure Capitalism has also failed... the U.S. is proof of that. Our healthcare system is the most expensive in the world not the best. The best would be taking care of those that are in need. Not selling insulin for $700.00+ for a month's supply or jacking the price of an epipen to a terrifying cost per dose... because you can. Our infrastructure is obsolete and crumbling because the companies that set it up and manage it do not want to make the investment or are only making the bare minimum investment to keep it limping along in order to maintain profits. Any 'bullet-trains' running in the U.S.? How about that interstate road system? It's falling apart. Our bridges? Really?
    Communism failed... Capitalism has failed. Perhaps it may be time to develop toward the social-democratic models? Please be aware... the U.S. is the ONLY developed nation without some form... any form of health care for it's citizens! My Brother-in-law broke a tooth in Germany a few years ago and received 'top-notch' dental care for less than the cost of an office visit in the U.S.. No waiting... in and out. Of course with advice to follow up with his regular dentist when he got home to the U.S.. The point is... he was able to finish his vacation comfortably and with a minimum of inconvenience.
    We can do better than what we already have.
    Just because billionaires are doing well does not mean that we as a nation are doing well. Maybe it's time to put the kool-aid cup down and take a good, hard, realistic look at our country and where we're going with it.
    On the thread I have discussed capitalism, but not exclusively in the USA. I have discussed capitalism compared to communism in the world. I have also discussed the shortcomings of capitalism. The point of my discussion is when compared to communism, capitalism, based mostly on economics, works better. I know there is a lot of material on the thread, but I have covered subjects you've mentioned. My point is based on essential functions capitalism is superior to communism. You can bemoan all you want about weaknesses of capitalism for health care, etc., but, compared to communist nations like the former USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, and collapsed East European nations, the U.S. is superior. For a fair analysis, you must be objective and compare all nations.

    Oh, if you want to discuss Communist China, you must acknowledge they "use capitalism" to finance communism.

    The essential part of my argument against communism is when applied it doesn't function because by reducing social differences you curtail human nature vis-*-vis opportunities to develop "competency-based needs." It is all there on the thread. If you want, we can discuss, but read what I've posted.
  • 06-16-2019, 07:30 PM
    PaulM

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Communism failed... the USSR is proof of that. The countless pages written here are nothing more than an exaggerated rant. Communism failed. Discussion over. However, pure Capitalism has also failed... the U.S. is proof of that. Our healthcare system is the most expensive in the world not the best. The best would be taking care of those that are in need. Not selling insulin for $700.00+ for a month's supply or jacking the price of an epipen to a terrifying cost per dose... because you can. Our infrastructure is obsolete and crumbling because the companies that set it up and manage it do not want to make the investment or are only making the bare minimum investment to keep it limping along in order to maintain profits. Any 'bullet-trains' running in the U.S.? How about that interstate road system? It's falling apart. Our bridges? Really?
    Communism failed... Capitalism has failed. Perhaps it may be time to develop toward the social-democratic models? Please be aware... the U.S. is the ONLY developed nation without some form... any form of health care for it's citizens! My Brother-in-law broke a tooth in Germany a few years ago and received 'top-notch' dental care for less than the cost of an office visit in the U.S.. No waiting... in and out. Of course with advice to follow up with his regular dentist when he got home to the U.S.. The point is... he was able to finish his vacation comfortably and with a minimum of inconvenience.
    We can do better than what we already have.
    Just because billionaires are doing well does not mean that we as a nation are doing well. Maybe it's time to put the kool-aid cup down and take a good, hard, realistic look at our country and where we're going with it.
  • 06-16-2019, 06:21 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    According to Milton Fisk:

    Democracy, freedom, and justice are conditions for maintaining society and avoiding barbarism as capitalism perishes. Nonetheless, and here comes the opening for the charge of ambiguity made by Lukes among others, Marx and Engels claim in the Manifesto that Communism “abolishes eternal truths [such as Freedom and Justice] and all morality, instead of constituting [it] on a new basis.” How can they have it both ways? For them morality (die Moral) was a tainted concept. It meant rules that, though ostensibly universal, contained implicit escape clauses to avoid harm to the powerful. To put morality on “a new basis” would merely change one powerful group for another as the beneficiary of new escape clauses. Thus making the Soviet officialdom the new basis for escape clauses from democracy would not make morality more palatable than when the capitalist class preached democracy in order to avoid it.

    https://www.miltonfisk.org/writings-in-progress/society-and-right-in-the-morality-of-the-communist-manifesto/

    Note this quote, ‘“Marx and Engels claim in the Manifesto that Communism “abolishes eternal truths [such as Freedom and Justice] and all morality, instead of constituting [it] on a new basis.”’

    Therefore, morality is a matter of perspective. For Marx, capitalists are immoral because they are rich and powerful, and, as such, they exploit workers (proletariat), which is immoral. So, morality is a relative concept for which there may be no agreement.

    If the subject is religion, morality is based on the Bible, with particular emphasis on the Ten Commandments. So, Biblical morality is based on Jehovah, the Jewish God, or OT Lord. Marxist morality is based on death and destruction whereby the end justifies the means, the means being death and destruction of capitalists resulting in communism, a new morality.

    In the final analysis, communism is an extreme kind of immorality insofar as it eliminates social differences. Social differences represent “competency based evaluative criteria.” By leveling social classes, the society becomes valueless, it lacks criteria whereby individuals evaluate one another based on “competency outcomes.” What remains in a communist society are government edicts or rules for evaluating “good citizenship,” which, of course, becomes the responsibility of government officials, who constitute the “new morality.”

    Government officials may or may not evaluate of citizens based on “competency-based needs.” It depends on government rules or regulations or basis by which they justify “communism.” So, they may adopt capitalist practices, as found in Communist China, or they may go to extremes to eliminate capitalism, as found in the former USSR. In either case, competency-based evaluations are necessary for a functioning society. The problem for communist officials is they have a contradictory form of government. In order to establish a functioning society, they must allocate work based on competency-based needs, but in order to fulfill their mission as a communist society, they must eliminate capitalism where those competence-based needs originated. One may study communist societies with respect to these contradictions to discovery the success or failure of those societies as a consequence of how government officials handle the “competence-based need” problem.
  • 06-13-2019, 04:51 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    oh HAHAHA redundant cnance ALWAYS resorts to his COMMUNISM rant like a dog eats its VOMIT!! so predictable!! so BORING!!
    For the benefit of Communist lexx, here is a list of death rates of Communism, the highest in the history of the world! One problem with communists is how can they deny the horrendous record of murder, genocide, starvation, and torture. How can anyone with a conscious ignore such atrocities?

    Communism deaths (murder, genocide, starvation, and torture) by government leaders!

    Collectively, communist states killed as many as 100 million people, more than all other repressive regimes combined during thesame time period. By far the biggest toll arose from communist efforts tocollectivize agriculture and eliminate independent property-owning peasants. InChina alone, Mao Zedong’s Great Leap Forward led to a man-made famine in which as many as 45 million peopleperished – the single biggest episode of mass murder in all of world history. In the Soviet Union, Joseph Stalin’s collectivization – whichserved as a model for similar efforts in China and elsewhere – took some 6 to 10 million lives. Mass famines occurred in many other communist regimes, rangingfrom North Korea to Ethiopia. In each of these cases,communist rulers were well aware that their policies were causing mass death,and in each they persisted nonetheless, often because they considered theextermination of “Kulak” peasants a feature rather than a bug.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/11/07/lessons-from-a-century-of-communism/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ebf9d7fd6c02
  • 06-12-2019, 11:15 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    oh HAHAHA redundant cnance ALWAYS resorts to his COMMUNISM rant like a dog eats its VOMIT!! so predictable!! so BORING!!
    I will post what I please!

    Yes, so predicable, so boring! With communism, we have the highest number of brutal and indefensible murders in world history! After the Bolshevik Revolution (1917) we have the brutal repressions and killing of millions of Russian farmers, displacement of their land, and, under the USSR, we have brutal repression and imprisonment of millions of Russian citizens, the brutal control and exploitation of East European nations, the brutal repression and murder of millions of Chinese people, the displacement and murder of millions of Chinese farmers, the destruction of Venezuela, and, most horrible, the curtailment and elimination of freedom for over half the world's population.

    Oh, yes, we can't forget, the devastating Korean War, the Cold War, and the brutal repression and curtailment of freedom by the Cuban government. How many Cuban citizens have fled to the United States to avoid communism? There is "much to cover," communism is one of the worst calamities in world history.


    How stupid is lexx? Is lexx a communist?

    As long as Communism is a world threat to freedom, national sovereignty and world peace, I will post on this forum!
  • 06-12-2019, 09:35 PM
    lexx

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    oh HAHAHA redundant cnance ALWAYS resorts to his COMMUNISM rant like a dog eats its VOMIT!! so predictable!! so BORING!!
  • 06-12-2019, 03:58 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    It appears as if Communist China is unravelling. Since the Communist Revolution in 1949, the Chinese Communist party has been responsible for the death, imprisonment, and murder of millions of Chinese citizens, not to mention the loss of land as the government confiscated millions of areas from Chinese farmers. It appears as if Communist officials aren’t good farmers. ha. ha. Oh, it is not funny!

    In Hong Kong thousands of protesters facing police tear gas, pepper spray, batons, water hoses, and rubber bullets have claimed a small victory for civil rights. The Legislative Council there has agreed for now to stop considering a controversial bill that would allow Hong Kong residents and visitors to be extradited to China for trial.

    https://news.yahoo.com/whats-stake-hong-kong-184957933--politics.html

    TiananmenSquare incident!

    From the outset of the incident, the Chinese government’s officialstance was to downplay its significance, labeling the protesters “counter revolutionaries” and minimizing the extent of the military’s actions onJune 3–4. The government’s count of those killed was 241 (including soldiers),with some 7,000 wounded; most other estimates have put the death toll much higher. In the years since the incident, the government generally has attempted to suppress references to it. Public commemoration of the incident isofficially banned. However, the residents of HongKong have held an annual vigil on the anniversary of the crackdown,even after Hong Kong reverted to Chinese administration.

    In the aftermath of the crackdown, the United States instituted economic and diplomatic sanctions for a time, and many other foreign governments criticized China’s handling of the protesters. The Western media quickly labeled the events of June 3–4 a “massacre.” The Chinese government arrested thousands of suspected dissidents; many of them received prison sentences of varying lengths of time, and a number were executed. However, several dissident leaders managed to escape from China and sought refuge in the West, notably Wu’er Kaixi.

    https://www.britannica.com/event/Tiananmen-Square-incident
  • 06-04-2019, 05:39 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Reasons for the failure of Communism must be considered. I have criticized Marx for his historical analysis of class conflict whereby capitalist exploitation of the proletariat leads to a communist revolution. However, based on historical evidence, we find communism doesn’t result in an ideal, or even a satisfactory, social order. Instead, it causes disruption, poverty, and misery. Capitalism, although having problems, has progressed through industrial stages to improve labor and industrial relationships, and therefore, it has increased worker autonomy and satisfaction, not exploitation, as Marx predicted. Compared to an agrarian economy, free market industrial economies require advanced skills, more often than not, resulting in workers fulfilling, or even maximizing, “competency-based” needs.

    Marx claimed capitalism to be harmful for workers, but, primarily, it is a means by which people survive, thrive, and fulfill cherished dreams and/or aspirations. Throughout history, we don’t find equalitarian societies, we find human groups in various forms of social and economic development. Communism, as Marx proposed, is utopia, it is inadequate for understanding human behavior. For explaining why people behave the way they do, I propose Social Recognition Theory.

    1. Individuals are motivated to behave the way they do to maintain or gain “social recognition for competence.” Evaluative criteria related to the areas under evaluation derive from culture, values, and norms of the society.

    2. The status assignment system, based on values and norms of the society, is the framework by which individuals evaluate social situations and therefore determine social order for society. Evaluative frameworks for social interaction derive from two levels of influence. Macro levels, organizations related to social institutions of society (family, religion, economic, government, education, and military) and micro levels (groups) where individuals are involved in daily activities. In social situations, macro criteria, in one form or another, influences social outcomes inasmuch as they relate to the situation. Through daily social encounters, society is maintained and perpetuated.

    3. In order to maintain one’s self-esteem, social recognition for competency by reference group members, or by significant others, is essential.

    4. The greater the level of competence in relationship to an activity, the greater will be one’s involvement in that activity as significant others afford positive evaluations.

    Capitalism allows individuals to fulfill “competence-based needs,” whereby individuals have more opportunities to pursue goals and interests without government interference.

    Rather than proposing social differences to be problematic, I propose them to be a natural phenomenon for all human societies. As for social problems, they are also found in all societies, and have persisted since the beginning of civilization. In every social group, there are those who conform, and those, usually a minority, who are nonconformists, or deviants. If it were not so, we would have little or no use for laws and law enforcement. In a capitalist society, business and government leaders facilitate freedom and maintain social order for the peaceful coexistence of citizens. They do not alter society through radical changes or revolution. In communist societies, leaders use government to the detriment of individual freedom as they apply party rules to control the population.


  • 06-02-2019, 04:14 PM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Czarist Economic Success, Communist failure!

    The Truth about the Legacy left by Pre-Revolutionary Russia

    While pre-revolutionary Russia was backward compared to Britain, Germany, and the United States, her economy was developing rapidly and her society was undergoing significant liberalization in the last decades of Tsarist rule. During 18 of the last 25 years before the outbreak of the First World War in 1914, Tsarist Russia enjoyed the highest rate of industrial growth in the world, and by 1913 was overtaking France as the world’s fourth industrial power. As for the progress of liberalization, here below is a summary of what had been achieved that will startle many readers, coming as it does from the pen of a great Russian historian and political scientist of Hungarian origin, the late Professor Tibor Szamuely, a former Red Army veteran imprisoned by Stalin, and a former Vice-Rector of Budapest University and Lecturer in Politics at Reading University until his untimely death in 1971.

    https://mises.org/wire/how-communism-survived-thanks-capitalist-technology

    History cannot be altered or changed to satisfy the whims of ideological fanatics. Historical evidence is clear, Russian communism was a disaster. Everyone (parents, children, old people, sick people, and conquered populations) suffered from communism. In its wake there has been social conflict, political corruption, genocide, imprisonment of opposing factions, and, economic failure.


    After decades of Communist rule, by contrast, with its concentration of all power, ownership, and resources in the hands of the omnipotent Marxist State, tens of millions of people had died in internal repression under Lenin and his successors, the seeds of liberty and democracy had been totally stamped out, trade unions had become the passive and subservient organs of the Communist Party, corruption had become universal, and the mass of the population had been reduced to a condition of penury, misery, and serfdom.

    Russian Communist Failure preceding the collapse of the USSR.

    Here below are just a few key facts about the material conditions of life under Soviet Communism.

    According to such scholars as Professor Sergei Propokovich, Dr Naum Jasny, and Mrs Janet Chapman, for instance, the real wages of Soviet industrial workers in 1970 were hardly higher than in 1913. Similarly, the Swiss economist, Jovan Pavlevski, calculated in 1969 that the real wages of Soviet industrial workers attained the level of 1913 only in 1963. Pavlevski also found that the real incomes of Soviet agricultural workers in 1969 were only 1.2%higher than in 1913. In addition, let it be remembered, unlike the pampered Communist elite, with their posh apartments, countryside villas, and privileged access to imported luxury goods, Soviet citizens had to endure the daily misery of constant shortages of the most basic necessities, like washing powder, razor blades, meat and vegetables, and many other items we take for granted in the West.

    This picture of the generally low living standards suffered under Soviet Communism between 1917 and 1991, darkens further when one includes the evidence of the widespread poverty that existed among old people and the inhabitants of some of the most backward former Soviet republics. Thus according to Ilja Zemstov, a former professor of sociology at the Lenin Institute of Baku (Azerbaijan), writing in 1976, one in two retired persons in the Soviet Union lived in poverty, and in the Soviet republic of Azerbaijan, 75% of the population lived below the poverty line and there were more homes without water, electricity and toilets than in the whole of Western Europe. Other scholars, also writing in the 1970s, calculated that about half of all housing in the Soviet Union was without running water or sewerage, and living space per person was only about half that available in Western Europe. But perhaps the most telling single fact revealing the economic bankruptcy of Soviet Communism, was the spectacular failure of its inefficient and unproductive collectivized agricultural sector. Despite only representing about 3% of the total agricultural area of the Soviet Union, the tiny private holdings cultivated in their spare time by Soviet collective farmers provided one-third of the country’s total agricultural output.

  • 05-31-2019, 07:27 AM
    Cnance

    Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

    Historical evidence for the consequences of communism in China is one of the most depressing accounts of what happens when leaders attempt to impose communism on the population.

    The
    Great Leap Forward was an economic and social campaign by the Communist Party of China (CPC) from 1958 to1962. The campaign was led by Chairman Mao Zedong and aimed to rapidly transform the country from an agrarian economy into a socialist society through rapid industrialization and collectivization. However, it is widely considered to have caused the Great Chinese Famine. 20 to 43 million people perished from starvation during the Great Leap Forward.[13] Not all deaths during the Great Leap Forward were due tostarvation. Frank Dikötter estimates that at least 2.5 million people were beaten or tortured to death and an additional 1 to 3 million people committed suicide.[14] The Great Leap Forward also led to the greatest destruction of real estate in human history, outstripping any of the bombing campaigns during World War II.[15] Approximately 30 to 40 percent of all houses were demolished.[16] Frank Dikötter states that "homes were pulled down to make fertilizer, to build canteens, to relocate villagers, to straighten roads, to make place for a better future beckoning ahead or simply to punish their owners."[15]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_of_landlords_under_Mao_Zedong#Death_ toll_of_the_1947–1951_killings

    https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/06/china-great-purge-150615051144914.html

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_of_landlords_under_Mao_Zedong#Death_ toll_of_the_1947–1951_killings

    Since China's "Great Leap Forward," there has been a concerted effort by Chinese communist leaders to enact reforms for a more humane society. However, in order to control the population, communist leaders use various measures, one being the continuation of property laws whereby the communist state owns all of the land. Chinese citizens may own property, but they are not entitled to own the land under the property, and foreign citizens are not allowed to own Chinese land.

    For the purpose of land occupancy, Chinese citizens have rights, but the state controls
    agreements for terms as well as duration of contracts.

    I have posted about how freedom thrives in a capitalist society where there are unfettered business opportunities to fulfill competency based needs. Time has elapsed sufficiently to allow for an accurate assessment of the merits of communism. We have histories of communism from the world's largest nations, Russia and China. Evidence indicates communism to be antithetical to natural tendencies of humans to maximize abilities, and therefore to realize full potential. Marx was wrong in overemphasizing social differences as a measure of social ills and therefore preconditions for social transition to equalitarian societies. The more government attempts to eliminate social differences, the more harm is caused to the population.

    Knowing competency based social differences are natural for human groups, institutions, organizations, what value is social analysis based on "assumptions" of exploitation? Are individuals being exploited, or are they fulfilling tendencies to satisfy basic needs? If, as I have proposed, social stratification is a natural condition for human society, then, we don't have situations of social injustice, we have situations of "natural selection." In an analysis of social outcomes, one will find situations of social difference, otherwise interpreted by Marxist as situations of exploitation. Often, according to Marxists, capitalism, is considered to be the culprit rather than natural social selection processes.

    Therefore, we have a basic question. What value is Marx's theory when it violates basic assumptions of human nature?

    Perhaps, Marxian analysis, as flawed theory of human society, should be condemned to the "ashes of history." The problem remains, in all societies there are issues of social injustice. How are those issues resolved? Knowing capitalism is a better fit for fulfilling competency based needs, what remains are remedies to resolve problems. Traditionally, when social injustice issues become burdensome or disruptive for the society, government remedies are invoked. Knowing there may never be perfect solutions, the best course may be to allow people to find solutions. Assuming people are moral, democracy allows them to explore and find solutions, most often through government bureaucracies. Therefore, government, in one form or another, is essential. Allowing for natural processes for individual development, the best form of government may be one allowing individuals to develop, and maximize, "competence based needs."

    It is apparent, based history, communism thwarts, rather then allows, individuals to satisfy and therefore fulfill their human potential.

This thread has more than 16 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •