Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: What Is A Strong Atheist?

Your Message

Click here to log in

 

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML
Rate Thread

You may rate this thread from 1-star (Terrible) to 5-stars (Excellent) if you wish to do so.

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 04-13-2016, 05:01 AM
    yupstrips

    Re:: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    A strong atheist is defined as an atheist who positively asserts that no god or gods exist. The definition of strong atheist is sometimes confused with the definition of atheist. Whereas a strong atheist asserts that no gods exist, the definition of atheist is merely one who does not believe in the existence of any gods. The definition of atheist is broad whereas the definition of strong atheist is narrow. Strong atheist overlaps with positive atheist, explicit atheist, and critical atheist.
    The label strong atheist is also sometimes defined as one who claims to know that no god or gods exists. This goes a step beyond simply believing that it is false that any gods exist because you can believe something is false without also claiming to know for sure that it is false. This definition is the one typically used to criticize strong atheists by arguing that it's impossible to know that no gods can or do exist, ergo strong atheists must be illogical, contradicting themselves, or have at least as much religious faith as theists.
  • 02-12-2016, 11:20 AM
    ChrisFabiano

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Could you have a look of this book "The Atheist Who Didn’t Exist" by Andy Bannister ? It's getting a lot of attraction. You can hear thCould you have a look of this book "The Atheist Who Didn’t Exist" by Andy Bannister ? It's getting a lot of attraction. You can hear the discussion of the author with Ed turner and after Micheal ruse in unbelievable?.ould you have a look of this book "The Atheist Who Didn’t Exist" by Andy Bannister ? It's getting a lot of attraction. You can hear the discussion of the author with Ed turner and after Micheal ruse in unbelievable?.e discussion of the author with Ed turner and after Micheal ruse in unbelievable?.
  • 10-30-2015, 10:08 PM
    lexx

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    ok i watched the cartoon......ironically it all makes sense according to scripture, but of course when POSED as everyday human AFFAIRS it does NOT compute as they say!? even though to me it still makes sense!? yes, the man literally committed suicide over a simple demand by another human!? that lawyer is a genius!? but of course he would be VERY unpopular you might say as his thinking goes contrary to human reasoning!? sorry if that seems silly or UNFAIR to you!? now the last example, paying up when no threat is evident.......i dont think that analogy is specially reserved for just anti god illustrations!? i mean should anybody be COERCED into doing something they dont actually agree with because of somebody elses MERE insistence!? might depend on how much trust 1 has with another and what that trust is based on!? :nervouss: :freak3: :judges: :
  • 10-27-2015, 05:57 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    i see ohein is still trying to prove something with imagined cartoons!?
    "imagined cartoons"...? wha?! They aren't my "imagined" cartoons whatever you mean by that. Did you even watch it?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    i dont do any good to explain it to him he just has is ANTI opinions that he seems STUCK with!? he seems to think that religion is ALL WRONG like the weatherman is HALF the time
    Again this is the religious scams forum, not the pro-religion forum. Religion is a SCAM. Say no more.

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    .......ever watch the weatherman closely always promising fair weather until that day gets here....then he changes his prediction after looking out the window!? LOL.
    I looked and looked...I won't change my mind...I assure you.
  • 10-24-2015, 09:29 PM
    lexx

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    i see ohein is still trying to prove something with imagined cartoons!? i dont do any good to explain it to him he just has is ANTI opinions that he seems STUCK with!? he seems to think that religion is ALL WRONG like the weatherman is HALF the time.......ever watch the weatherman closely always promising fair weather until that day gets here....then he changes his prediction after looking out the window!? LOL....:yelcutelaughA: :crazy1: :spin2: :smurf:
  • 05-12-2015, 08:42 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Wow, nice comeback. NOT
    Did u watch the video?

    No!/
    ?>

    What happened to your "open mind"...joefool?!
  • 05-12-2015, 08:18 PM
    Joecool44

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Eff off u effing christian thug/terrorist...
    Wow, nice comeback. NOT
  • 05-12-2015, 08:04 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Only those who reject God end up separated from him for eternity.
    Eff off u effing christian thug/terrorist...

  • 05-12-2015, 08:02 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Only those who reject God end up separated from him for eternity.
  • 05-12-2015, 07:42 PM
    Joecool44

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Yep, for gawd so loved the world, he set it up for most of the inhabitants to spend eternity in hell being tortured.
    Only those who reject God end up separated from him for eternity.
  • 05-12-2015, 07:35 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    That's exactly what the Bible says.
    Yep, for gawd so loved the world, he set it up for most of the inhabitants to spend eternity in hell being tortured.

    u-huh...

    Riiiight.

    Keep the faith...

    (christianity is a death cult!)

  • 05-12-2015, 07:31 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I'm still waiting for any evidence from you - since you claim there is no God.
    You idiot...I can't prove there's a tooth fairy or not...or UFO's, or BigFoot...or even Santa Clause...so do you still 'believe' in them?

    Here, as far as your christian holy book is concerned, that gawd?, he's a FUCKING myth...he does not exist, nor did his 'son' cheesus exist, based entirely on the LACK of any verifiable EVIDENCE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    That claim also carries a burden of proof.
    I've looked high and low for any proof, to no avail...so have thousands of others....your gawd doesn't want to be found IF he even exists, and that's a big IF!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The road isn't literally narrow, but Biblically, you need to know Jesus to get to heaven. Matthew 14:6
    yeah right whatever...blah blah blah...

    When u find some actual evidence worth looking at, do let me know...:judges:
  • 05-12-2015, 06:14 PM
    Joecool44

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Yep, that's a narrow path alright
    That's exactly what the Bible says.
  • 05-11-2015, 08:47 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I'm still waiting for any evidence from you - since you claim there is no God.
    Since you believe in gawd, what evidence do you have for his/her existence?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    That claim also carries a burden of proof.
    I simply do not believe in god or gaawds...not the same thing, at all.

    But, we have been down this road before, haven't we joefool?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The road isn't literally narrow, but Biblically, you need to know Jesus to get to heaven. Matthew 14:6
    Yep, that's a narrow path alright, enrolling oneself in that BS fantasy...yep!

  • 05-11-2015, 08:08 PM
    Joecool44

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Here's where we lost you joefool...

    If religious fairy tales were obviously true I'd be able to see it for myself...why is the pathway to your heaven delusion so narrow? Why will so few make it to your idea of judeo-christian nirvana, if its so "obvious"? Answer, its not obvious at all...thankfully, people are being duped less and less by religion nowadays, thanks largely to the internet... the place where religions go to die.

    Still waiting for all of your evidence,....
    I'm still waiting for any evidence from you - since you claim there is no God. That claim also carries a burden of proof.

    The road isn't literally narrow, but Biblically, you need to know Jesus to get to heaven. Matthew 14:6
  • 05-11-2015, 08:04 PM
    ohein56

    Re: What Is A Strong Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    BULLSHIT!!

    ...the sound of cognitive dissonance setting in...rofl

This thread has more than 16 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •