report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

HMS Financial, Colonel Fyn, Murray Stark, Garth Bailey

I just found this forum the other day and my searches failed to turn up any discussion of HMS Financial, Skyward Management or any of the principals named in this thread heading. This has been one of the bigger ponzis in the last few years to originate in Alberta and spread throughout the world. Has it been identified and described here? There are still a lot of victims out there who seem to be clinging to some faint hope that their money will miraculously appear. They need help in knowing what they should do now.

Bookmark and Share

Old 02-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Newbie Member

Re: HMS Financial, Colonel Fyn, Murray Stark, Garth Bailey

Unless they have a security agreement in contract form I say move on with your life and call it a lesson.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

If there was a class actinn filed, would you join? What would the cost be? How would you find out?

Thanks

Old 04-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Gold Member

It's just like 12DP and ST. Cheerleaders not wanting to withdraw their money yet, hoping some miracle would happen.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1st
It's just like 12DP and ST. Cheerleaders not wanting to withdraw their money yet, hoping some miracle would happen.
Not sure if you understand - I want to join a class action - I want my money back or at least to see these SOBs taken to task. I am not a cheerleader, in fact I would be the opposite of this.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcmis
Not sure if you understand - I want to join a class action - I want my money back or at least to see these SOBs taken to task. I am not a cheerleader, in fact I would be the opposite of this.

Class action seeks restitution for $100 million allegedly bilked from 1000 investors
09-Nov-05

Calgary - The law firms of McNally Cuming Raymaker and McLennan Ross have commenced a class action on behalf of Heike Enticknap and approximately 1000 other investors who were victims of an investment scheme which was allegedly coordinated by HMS Financial Inc. Initial estimates of amounts lost by investors as a result of the scheme are about $100,000,000.

The claim alleges HMS Financial represented to investors that they were investing funds in major projects worldwide that would obtain a high rate of return. Investors were frequently presented with a business plan setting out the investment objectives for HMS. None of these documents appear to have been cleared with the Alberta Securities Commission or other relevant authority.

In addition, it is alleged that investors were told that their investments were protected by bonds or cash held by HMS lawyers, including Mr. Garth Bailey. It is alleged that there appears to have been no valuable security of this kind for the funds provided by investors, and HMS has defaulted in its payment obligations.

The action will seek to recover against the principals of HMS, and the lawyers, accountants, and banks that facilitated the scheme. Anyone interested in participating in the action should contact Bill McNally with the firm of McNally Cuming Raymaker at 261-1555 (Calgary) or 1-800-682-2480 or e-mail bmcnally@mcnallycuming.com.

The class action has not been certified and the allegations have not been ruled on by a court.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: HMS Financial, Colonel Fyn, Murray Stark, Gart

I am one of the people that lost hard earned cash to these SOB's. I am also part of the class action. Stark has a lot of money that the authorities should be seizing including buildings houses etc because they were purchased by illegal means namely the scam that took mine and many other peoples money.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Can these guys be charged criminally?

Where are the properties (the authorities should be seizing including buildings houses etc) Stark has?

Have they managed to dodge the authorities or are they even being sought?

I have not heard anything on this for awhile, but I do know where Stark tends to hang out with a wife and 2 girlfriends!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Newbie Member

Ken Chatel was handling the criminal investigation from the RCMP offices located at 920 - 16 Ave NE in Calgary, AB T2E 1K9. Sukh Randhawa, [403-292-6808] was also one of the investigating officers at some point. If you can get more info form the RCMP, please post it here. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Spenceh,

that phone # is not working.

message says it is not in service.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleys4ever View Post
Spenceh,

that phone # is not working.

message says it is not in service.
I got this phone number online for the 920 16 Ave office...
(403)230-6483

Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I learned the other day that one of the people named in the class action suite is still peddling investments to other people.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleys4ever View Post
Can these guys be charged criminally?

Where are the properties (the authorities should be seizing including buildings houses etc) Stark has?

Have they managed to dodge the authorities or are they even being sought?

I have not heard anything on this for awhile, but I do know where Stark tends to hang out with a wife and 2 girlfriends!
(Harold) Murray Stock, Robert Fyn, and Garth Bailey are charged with Fraud Over $5,000 and Conspiracy To Commit Fraud. They also face charges, along with Katherine Rodrique Bailey, of Money Laundering.

The accused are scheduled to appear in Drumheller Provincial Court on April 16, 2010.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Anyone know what happened in court on the 16th?

I know these things drag out forever in the judicial system. These guys are old enough to die before they see justice!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

From "http://www.drumhellermail.com/index....ews&Itemid=156 Drumheller Mail
Quote:
Murray Stark, 73 of Three Hills, Robert Fyn, 62 of Linden, Garth S. Bailey, 57 and Katherine Rodrique Bailey, 53, of Okotoks were scheduled to be in court last Friday. Local lawyer John Sparling QC acted as agent for Paul Brunnen and Don Macleod QC, counsel for the accused.

Sparling asked to reserve the elections for the accused and put their next appearance over until June 18, 2010 to allow for defense to receive considerable disclosure which include substantial electronic information.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Anymore info on this?

Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The case has been moved to Calgary as Drumheller court was too small to handle such a case. The four accused are to appear in Calgary court April 14,2011.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenceh View Post
Class action seeks restitution for $100 million allegedly bilked from 1000 investors
09-Nov-05

Calgary - The law firms of McNally Cuming Raymaker and McLennan Ross have commenced a class action on behalf of Heike Enticknap and approximately 1000 other investors who were victims of an investment scheme which was allegedly coordinated by HMS Financial Inc. Initial estimates of amounts lost by investors as a result of the scheme are about $100,000,000.

The claim alleges HMS Financial represented to investors that they were investing funds in major projects worldwide that would obtain a high rate of return. Investors were frequently presented with a business plan setting out the investment objectives for HMS. None of these documents appear to have been cleared with the Alberta Securities Commission or other relevant authority.

In addition, it is alleged that investors were told that their investments were protected by bonds or cash held by HMS lawyers, including Mr. Garth Bailey. It is alleged that there appears to have been no valuable security of this kind for the funds provided by investors, and HMS has defaulted in its payment obligations.

The action will seek to recover against the principals of HMS, and the lawyers, accountants, and banks that facilitated the scheme. Anyone interested in participating in the action should contact Bill McNally with the firm of McNally Cuming Raymaker at 261-1555 (Calgary) or 1-800-682-2480 or e-mail bmcnally@mcnallycuming.com.

The class action has not been certified and the allegations have not been ruled on by a court.

See http://www.cuminggillespie.com/blog/...hms-financial/ for updates on the class action.