report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2006, 09:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Applying at West At Home Agent

I am about to apply to become a contractor for West At Home Agent (WAHA). I've seen a few people post that they are good overall, I'm not looking to quit my real job or anything, just earn a little extra for school.

I am wondering if anybody knows if I can expect to make much money at all if my availability is generally somewhere within 11pm - 11am. Basically I'm wondering if anybody knows what the best time to work would be?

I figure between 11pm - 3am would get a lot of the late night TV ads.

Anyway, if anybody can share as much as they are allowed to share under their contract, let me know.

Oh yeah, I have looked into LiveOps and several people have said working for both companies is optimal, but LiveOps charges a $30 background check now, so maybe if I have good luck with WAHA I will throw down for that.

Thanks,
Jesse

Old 02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Applying at West At Home Agent

I found a group specific to this kind of thing at the Work At Home Moms forum www.wahm.com

But I would still like to hear anybody's experience here. Especially if anybody has had any problems using a voip service, specifically Skype. Thanks.

(I couldn't find or don't have the edit option available to me?)

Old 03-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I do know West At Home is an honest company. My daughter works for them as a parttime job. How much you make is pretty much up to you. You are paid anywhere from .17 a min up to .35 I think, please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Its according to how much you work and the program you choose or they put you on. Yes WAHM does have all the info you could possibley want on most work at home scams and the good ones also.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I worked for West At Home and it was a good experience except for the fact that it took about a month before I was able to actually work. The application process is pretty deep. But once you get in, you go through a training period which you're paid for, then you get to work. Checks come in the mail. They're drawn on Bank of America. Can't have a criminal background. You work when you want but they ask that you work at least 15 hours per week. I've work up to 70 hours in one week. Kinda sorta like working in a call center, only you're doing it at home. Short, it is NOT A SCAM. Good luck and

Old 12-04-2009, 02:46 PM

I went to West At Home's website, and tried to register. They asked what state I'm from, I entered New York. Response is they are not hiring from my area at this time. I wondered why but didn't contact them to ask.

"How wrong is it for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants,
rather than to create it herself."

Old 01-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Newbie Member

Does anyone know if you need Skype to to participate or if you can use a cellphone?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Walks.. They are just not hiring in your area probably because they probably don't need any more from your area at this time. That would probably change in the future. Im only bringing this up because it goes to show how REAL companies who hire people to work from home differ from the fake websites. The fake websites take anyone anywhere and ANYTIME.. where the real companies are upfront and say we need people right now and if you join in the next 10 mins with your $50 payment, you WILL get a job.

Poweranimals, I have never heard of West requiring Skype.. as for cell phones, I believe you need to have a landline and a headset, however it's been a longtime since I checked their requirements. They should be listed on their website though.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is real opportunity! I applied back in the Fall of 2010 and I was put through training in December. I worked for a month straight through the holidays and then the hours became non-existent. I had a month off and then I was re-trained for another need they had. I worked for two weeks straight and then the hours became non-existent again. I would like to work every week, but so far that hasn't happened. So, if you can handle part time work, then this is for you.

Somebody asked about Skype and that's not used. A cell phone won't work either. You need a wired phone and a wired internet connection, so I used a VOIP phone through my cable internet company.

Good luck with it!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEK View Post
This is real opportunity! I applied back in the Fall of 2010 and I was put through training in December. I worked for a month straight through the holidays and then the hours became non-existent. I had a month off and then I was re-trained for another need they had. I worked for two weeks straight and then the hours became non-existent again. I would like to work every week, but so far that hasn't happened. So, if you can handle part time work, then this is for you.

Somebody asked about Skype and that's not used. A cell phone won't work either. You need a wired phone and a wired internet connection, so I used a VOIP phone through my cable internet company.

Good luck with it!
You need to read the WAH Website,it says do not use a Voip phone.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Does anyone know if you need Skype to to participate or if you can use a cellphone?
You need a landline phone..No where on the WAH Website does it say anything about Skype.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblet007 View Post
I am about to apply to become a contractor for West At Home Agent (WAHA). I've seen a few people post that they are good overall, I'm not looking to quit my real job or anything, just earn a little extra for school.

I am wondering if anybody knows if I can expect to make much money at all if my availability is generally somewhere within 11pm - 11am. Basically I'm wondering if anybody knows what the best time to work would be?

I figure between 11pm - 3am would get a lot of the late night TV ads.

Anyway, if anybody can share as much as they are allowed to share under their contract, let me know.

Oh yeah, I have looked into LiveOps and several people have said working for both companies is optimal, but LiveOps charges a $30 background check now, so maybe if I have good luck with WAHA I will throw down for that.

Thanks,
Jesse
Once you apply,you will also have the
option to pick out your on hours as you are doing the application
process.Once you get going through
the application process,you will get
a better feel for what hours are best
for you..

Old 10-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I've worked for West at Home for over two years now and have never had a problem with my paycheck, hours or anything. Yes, you may have to pay for your own background check but it's worth it. Mainly because I now can sit at home and work instead of paying for gas, dealing with co-workers/bosses and putting wear and tear on my car. The hiring process can take some time but it's worth the wait. I also work for Assurion which is another work-from-home company. I love it!!! I will not be giving up either of these jobs anytime soon. If you apply for both DO NOT tell the companies that you work for the other company. If you do, they will not hire you.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Silver Member

What is the site all about? It seems legit from the replies here so I might be interest in working with them.