report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2006, 02:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

HELP! Is this a scam??? Home Business Systems.

I got a letter in the mail advertising a envelope stuffing business. I just needed to know if anyone has tried Home Business Systems and if it worked or if it was a scam. To me it sounds legit. All the right things are there. It has a contact number to them and it stats there is no advertising to get envelopes. and it also states that you send them back to them each week. In the letter the one thing that caught my eye (that proved to me they are legit) was the fact that they say they do have an accounting system and a payroll system they put you on. And that they do not pay your taxes but you do get a 1099 form at the end of the year so you can file your taxes. I just need to know if this is legit or if it is a SCAM.

Thanks for all the help to everyone out there.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:57 AM
Silver Member

Re: HELP! Is this a scam??? Home Business Systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonly
I got a letter in the mail advertising a envelope stuffing business. I just needed to know if anyone has tried Home Business Systems and if it worked or if it was a scam. To me it sounds legit. All the right things are there. It has a contact number to them and it stats there is no advertising to get envelopes. and it also states that you send them back to them each week. In the letter the one thing that caught my eye (that proved to me they are legit) was the fact that they say they do have an accounting system and a payroll system they put you on. And that they do not pay your taxes but you do get a 1099 form at the end of the year so you can file your taxes. I just need to know if this is legit or if it is a SCAM.

Thanks for all the help to everyone out there.
Envelope stuffing is usually a scam. If it is legit you want make any money.

I would not touch it.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Home Business Systems is not only a scam, it has been shut down and the three people who ran it are now fugitives.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/209844/

Sharon Jeanette Henningsen has been fined $1.2 million in the envelope-stuffing scam, which a Pulaski County Circuit judge found violates the state’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
Since that April decision by Judge Timothy Fox, Henningsen, her boyfriend, Timothy Shawn Donavan, and her sister, Alys Marie Dimmitt, have been arrested for federal mail-fraud after postal inspectors complained her business practices violated the law.
They are all accused of running a $1 million mail-order scam, and are considered federal fugitives after failing to report to a court-ordered supervision program.
On Nov. 18, 2007, the three filed a 42-page notice with the judge claiming that they are each “living breathing free” people who are not U.S. citizens and are not subject to the laws of the United States. In the filing, the defendants claim they are citizens of the “American Republic, beneficiary to the Original Jurisdiction.” They also claim that their names are trademarked, with any unauthorized use of those names subject to a $10,000 copyright infringement fee to be paid in gold or silver.
Henningsen denies being the Sharon Jeanette Henningsen listed in the criminal complaint, noting that she now hyphenates Sharon-Jeanette and separates her first name from her last with a semicolon. She also claims that the complaint, which spells her name in all capital letters, does not refer to her.
“I learned in first-grade grammar that proper names have the first letter capitalized and the remaining letters in lower case,” the letter states. “Your DEFENDANT is not me, according to the rules of grammar.” Henningsen claims that she is not Sharon Jeannette Henningsen, but is Sharon-Jeannette; Henningsen.
Henningsen, Dimmitt and Donovan were arrested in August and charged with aiding and abetting mail fraud after postal inspectors said they discovered the trio had deposited $1.4 million into a Minnesota bank account with funds that came from the scheme and two similar operations.
The arrests capped a 10-month investigation by the U. S. Postal Service into three businesses authorities say the defendants were operating: Home Business Systems Inc., Trail Head Options Inc. and Premier Solutions.
In April, Henningsen was fined more than $1.2 million by Pulaski County Circuit Judge Timothy Fox, who ruled she and her envelope-stuffing business had violated the Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act 1,262 times. The judge also barred Henningsen and two of her companies, Home Business Systems Inc. and Trail Head Options Inc., from operating in Arkansas until she has paid the fine plus $156,813 in restitution and $20,000 in attorneys’ fees.
The ruling stemmed from a 2005 lawsuit against Henningsen and Home Business by the Arkansas attorney general’s office, which complained she and the company had violated the law by promising earnings that they could not legitimately deliver and by not clearly representing how customers would earn money.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Bronze Member

Ebonly,

Virtually 100% of envelope stuffing operations are nothing more than scams. They sell you the info on placing the same ad you responded to, including listings of where you can place the ads. They enclose copies of the ad along with the same material they sent you, so you can make copies to send, if and when perople respond to your add.

Mailing services have high tech equipment that can print, fold, insert, seal, and address the envelope faster than you can, and for a fraction of what they are claiming you can earn.

If you waste your money sending of for the info, from some scammer other than the company listed above that has already be shut down, the only way to recover the money is to scam someone else out of their money. Not a proposition I could live with if I participated.

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
www.CuttingEdgeAdvertising.com

Old 01-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

that envelope stuffing package deal, has been around forever, i can't believe people ( the scammers) are still advertising this NONSENSE.