report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Freebie addict with no freebies...yet

NetMarket - did anyone get the free mp3 player?

I was just wondering ,for those of you who've done the NetMarket offer, how long did it take to receive your free MP3 Player and what kind is it?

Old 01-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Valued Customer

Re: NetMarket - did anyone get the free mp3 player?

I've received two of these things. They're about as crappy as MP3 players come. It's a Coby 128 MB player. I think it only took a couple of weeks after I submitted the redemption form thingie for me to receive the player. I've had similar luck with the Lowe's gift cards for CompleteHome (it's actually two $10 Lowe's gift cards instead of a $20 one).

--Jay

Last edited by Jay Shaw : 01-29-2006 at 01:00 AM.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Freebie Addict...help.....

I still haven't got my MP3 player. Not much of a loss to me. I ordered it earlier in January. Not really to disappointed if I don't get it. I have better things coming ;)

Old 01-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Silver Member

I got two also, one when I sent in for it and then one by mistake when I tried to cancel and the guy talked me into going another week by sending he was sending for one. One was a crappy Coby and then the other some other no name brand. I'll just stick with my iPod. It's a 30 Day Trial, so you have time to ask for it immediately.

Old 01-29-2006, 05:25 AM
shaggz

I also recieved 2, one when signing, up then I had the guy act like he talked me into staying on to recieve another free gift from them, which i agreed to, then i called right back and spoke to a different rep and canceled, Evil ain't I? :P

But yeah i received 2, both Copy mp3 Players (128MB) but two different models. I've seen them sell on ebay for like $20, so I'll just put them on there.

Old 01-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Se√Īor Member--Owner of Gecco Insurance

these were good mp3 players to sell i sold the coby mp3 player for $25 to a neighbor.
Otto: Hmm, then you better inject it between my toes cause my mom checks my arms

Gecko Insurance
So easy, someone barely smarter than Sarah Palin can do it!

Old 01-29-2006, 02:28 PM

My trial is about to end, and I was hoping it'd get here before then. My Lowe's cards from Complete Home came a lot faster.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Shaw
I think it only took a couple of weeks after I submitted the redemption form thingie for me to receive the player.

Hmm... could anyone tell me where to locate the redemption form? I can't seem to find it, and this mp3 player would make a good gift to one of my younger siblings.

$100 Gas card - Your Gift Cards - 1/1 Recieved (Visa) - 07-24-06
$50 Gift Card - The Useful - 1/1 Recieved ($75) - 03-27-06
$50 Walmart Gift Card - 50DollarGiftCard - 1/1 Recieved - 04-03-06
Xbox 360 - Gadget City - 4/4 Received ($300 gift card) - 05-01-06
42" Plasma - Every Free Gift - 6/6 Recieved ($1000 check) - 07-06-06
TIVO+Samsung 30" HDTV - Must Have Free Gifts - 3/3 Recieved ($950 check) - 12-08-06

Cheap Lunch Total: $2475

Old 02-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Silver Member

I never received any mp3 players or any Lowe's giftcards.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceboie
I never received any mp3 players or any Lowe's giftcards.
ICeboie, Netmarket, Home Rewards, Great Fun and Traveler's Advantage send you a confirmation email with your membership number. A few days later they send you a follow-up email with 'here's how you get your free gift', with a link where you fill in your member number and mailing adress. Within a few weeks after filling out the form, you should get your items but you have to fill out the secondary form.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Bronze Member

A quick google brought up:

http://www.ecustservice.com/premiums...ket/mp3player/
http://www.ecustservice.com/premiums...et/slimdigcam/

I guess this is the redemption form, eh? :)

$100 Gas card - Your Gift Cards - 1/1 Recieved (Visa) - 07-24-06
$50 Gift Card - The Useful - 1/1 Recieved ($75) - 03-27-06
$50 Walmart Gift Card - 50DollarGiftCard - 1/1 Recieved - 04-03-06
Xbox 360 - Gadget City - 4/4 Received ($300 gift card) - 05-01-06
42" Plasma - Every Free Gift - 6/6 Recieved ($1000 check) - 07-06-06
TIVO+Samsung 30" HDTV - Must Have Free Gifts - 3/3 Recieved ($950 check) - 12-08-06

Cheap Lunch Total: $2475

Old 02-09-2006, 04:05 PM

You have to call and tell them you want to cancel and they will bribe you saying that they will extend and send one to you immediately.I called first time to cancel ,they sent me the mp3 player and I called them again to cancel they said that they will send me a $20 credit for shopping in their website through email but never got one so I will call up and try cancelling it again maybe then I will get the credit .

The mp3 players are'nt themselves so bad, they look bad but the sound pays good not sure about the longevity though mine was a sungale 708 wcich was around $22 on the internet.I have a sandisk mp3 player and it plays as good as that one but looks very cheap though.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Newbie Member

How long does Netmarket typically take to go "in progress"? I signed up about two weeks ago and netmarket is the only one not in progress

Old 02-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Bronze Member

The mp3 player is not bad at all. OK, true it can only play about a 500MB of video, but what do you expect for a free item? True the click wheel is not as smooth as the ipod's but again, what do you expect? True the fm transmitter it comes with only broadcasts two frequencies, but it was free right!? And yes, the voice recording function does not have automatic shutoff, but it didn't cost me anything, so how can I complain?!

:D :D :D

;)

Old 02-09-2006, 05:59 PM

I got the Sungale mp3 player today. I haven't checked it out yet, but the 128mb SD card is nice even if the player isn't so great.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious
I got the Sungale mp3 player today. I haven't checked it out yet, but the 128mb SD card is nice even if the player isn't so great.
how did it come? usps? Im still waiting for mine

Old 02-10-2006, 02:41 AM
Bronze Member

I received the Sungale mp3 yesterday through USPS. I gave it to my sister since she doesn't have an mp3 player. Anyone know how to set it up? I installed the drivers that came with it but Windows XP doesn't detect it and I can't find any software to load the music.

Any tips?

Old 02-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake360
I received the Sungale mp3 yesterday through USPS. I gave it to my sister since she doesn't have an mp3 player. Anyone know how to set it up? I installed the drivers that came with it but Windows XP doesn't detect it and I can't find any software to load the music.

Any tips?
I also am wondering about this. I downloaded some songs from Yahoo Music to the SD card, but when I put it in the player and turn it on, it just says "no file." I have never done anything with mp3 files so I am a complete novice. Help!

Matt