report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Newbie Member

The Zaken Corp.- Looking for Information

Hi,

I am considering working with the Zaken Corp. and I am seeking any information that anyone might have. If you have heard of this company, or have worked with this company, please let me know of your experience, good or bad. thanks

Old 01-13-2006, 01:38 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: The Zaken Corp.- Looking for Information

I tried this opportunity last summer. They sell you a notebook with instructions and keep trying to sell you list of names and more tools. I purchased the list of names for another $129 and sent over 100 post cards and did not receive one reply. A lot of them were returned because the addresses were bad. After that I stopped.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks, for the truth. I guess I am beginning to lose faith that there are any legit work from home opportunities out there. Every one of them promises BIG paychecks, but does not have a system to support their claims. I remain only slightly optimistic, because I think that there are those few lucky people out there who have found the path. If only one of them would let their secret slip...

Old 01-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also believed thier work at home, invested over $600 in th eprogram including a directory that I could have gotten off the internet for free . Directory was $498 lifetime access to directory. I packed everything up and sent it back last week with a request for my money back. I do not trust this company.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:40 AM
dmwelch

Do not waste your money!! I also tried it. I also read reports before I tried it saying that they are a real company blah blah blah. It is not as easy as they make it sound. I don't mind working hard but that system just doesn't work for one person. That is why he has sooo many people trying to do the same thing.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

NO,NO,NO,No PLEASE never have anyhting to do with this name. I think this person has been sued over and over I always heard horrible things about anything to do with ZAKEN.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

For anyone coming across this blog that might have questions, my husband and I just ordered the kit and I am documenting everything. You can read it on my blog here: http://zakenscam.blogspot.com/. It seems that most everything bad about the company was posted before last year. Especially on ripoffreport.com. That's why we decided to give it a shot.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Lisa Reynoso

Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Huge Member

I've just received in the mail a 15-page advertisement from a company named Dry-Tech Systems. The ad-writing is quite obviously a "Zaken creation." Has anyone else gotten this money-making scheme in the mail, recently? The address is in Calabasas, CA. The Zaken Corp is located in Chatsworth, CA. One interesting fact is that Dry-Tech Systems IS a Canadian-based, seemingly legitimate company with a satisfactory rating with the BBB (zero complaints in the past 36 months).
I myself am not yet calling Zaken Corp an outright scam. They also really do run a business of buying/selling closeout merchandise. The million-dollar question is: Do they actually pay closeout-finders (whom locate liquidated merchandise) and mailorder-dealers (whom advertise the business)??? If they really do, then they are, in my book, legit. As a home-business owner, myself, I can say that mailorder business is risky, expensive, and sometimes takes a while to see any results. This may be the cause of many complaints lodged against Zaken Corp and their other DBA's (ZLC, Magic Kids, Quiksell), by sales associates who don't get immediate results (i.e. within 30 days).
Has anyone out there actually honestly tried any Zaken money-making program for a reasonable amount of time and invested some money in advertising? I'm dying to hear of some positive feedback.

Till next time,
T.T.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was excited about this opportunity after reading all the material. I CANNOT recommend this to anyone. I invested $696.00 in total for the program, incl. exclusive lists of potential sellers of items. Well, most of the names were for products that Zaken doesn't accept! Their ad material gives an example of how much money you can make by locating cake mix "near its expiration date" - did you know their (Zaken's) idea of near its expiration date is ONE YEAR?! All I do seem to get from them, however, is more material prompting me to buy something else from them. It's very frustrating; they've changed what they will accept and you find out at the end, rather than the beginning. No wonder he offers to refund you all your investment money for purchased materials after the third deal; I couldn't find one they'd accept! I am sending my material back and requesting a refund; I think I will be "out" the $495.00 for the useless "exclusive" mailing list, though. A very disappointing and expensive lesson. Guess it still stands true "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

AAll

Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Huge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindedbythelight
I was excited about this opportunity after reading all the material. I CANNOT recommend this to anyone. I invested $696.00 in total for the program, incl. exclusive lists of potential sellers of items. Well, most of the names were for products that Zaken doesn't accept! Their ad material gives an example of how much money you can make by locating cake mix "near its expiration date" - did you know their (Zaken's) idea of near its expiration date is ONE YEAR?! All I do seem to get from them, however, is more material prompting me to buy something else from them. It's very frustrating; they've changed what they will accept and you find out at the end, rather than the beginning. No wonder he offers to refund you all your investment money for purchased materials after the third deal; I couldn't find one they'd accept! I am sending my material back and requesting a refund; I think I will be "out" the $495.00 for the useless "exclusive" mailing list, though. A very disappointing and expensive lesson. Guess it still stands true "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

AAll

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience.
Can you please tell me how long of a period of time you spent on this program? Also, if you don't mind, how many potential sellers of closeout merchandise did you personally contact? Did you have the seller submit samples to Zaken corp?

I understand about thier poor quality mailing lists. It sounds like the lists they sell are not up-to-date or properly targeted at potential sellers. This does not lend much credibility to the legitimacy of their operation.

I have heard many stories of people having the same experience as you did. However, the "close-out finders program" is not the only program available through Zaken.

What I have heard very little feedback about is Zaken's "mailorder dealer" program. In this scheme, you pay Zaken for reprint rights to
run his advertisements, using your own I.D. code to tie you to your ads. You pay magazine/newspaper publishers to run them, at your own expense. Then,
supposedly, anyone who joins Zaken, under your ad, earns you $100. I have routinely seen these ads run in national magazines. I find it VERY hard to believe that this company could get away with not paying these people. (But, I just don't know if they do or not). Some ads that I have seen run are full-page, two-color ads, in business magazines, which cost upwards of $10,000 to run each month! If Zaken circumvents these members and does not pay them, I would imagine the attorney general of CA would be all over Tiran Zaken! This would PROVE a definite pattern of deceptive practices!

Quite unfortunately, in finding close-out merchandise, Zaken can be very picky about what they will buy and sell. This is most likely why so many people cannot succeed in that program. Still, this alone does not prove whether Zaken is a complete scam operation or not.

Please don't get me wrong. I would be the first person to call the company a scam, once I have conclusive evidence.I'm only trying to be fair.

Has anyone tried Zaken's "mailorder-dealer program"? Did you get paid???

Respectfully,
T.T.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I agree with you T.T. I have worked for a similar company and what it takes is contacting 500 plus companies a day and getting reject 498 times, but it's really not that hard to ask for the owner of the company or person in charge of finaces, most of the time you will get a voicemail. This works because it less of your time. You can leave 500 voicemails in 2 hours and just wait for call backs and do it again the next day, if you have two people doing this you two hours will probably soon pay off. I will have just ordered this program and will keep you posted if it works or not.

Respectfully,
L.J

Old 11-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Newbie Member

Has Anybody Tried The New Zaken Program To Sell Liquidated Items To Stores And Individuals. I Just Received Their Promotional
Materials About This That Had A Bunch Of Testamonials But When I Go To Look Up These People On Superpages Their Not There

Old 12-31-2006, 11:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I ordered the Zaken start up materials a few months ago - read the large notebook (that kept repeating itself throughout) through - then I called the "help line" a number of times - only to be put on hold for a minimum of 8 minutes each time. I finally gave up on the help line (not an 800 number) and opted for email. I actually did get a response to my email - though not a helpful one. I did get someone on the phone eventually, that could tell me exactly how to return materials for a full refund. I recorded his name and phone number (as I usually forget to do this) and sent my program back the next day. They did refund my money, including postage, but I am still receiving lots of mail from them to try their new programs etc. To summarize.....DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS ONE!!!

Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Huge Member

Just to let everyone here know:

The Zaken Corp has officially paid me a commission check of $100.00
It arrived at my home, via postal mail, on 2-8-07.

Though I have not made nearly as much as I have spent on this program, just for $hits and giggles, I'm going to try the program for a bit longer.

Last edited by amhp : 02-16-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

So, did you ever decide to join Zaken? I actually joined today and will be posting about my experience in my own blog here:

http://zakencorp.blogspot.com/

Feel free to contact me if you have started doing this biz or if you have any questions about it... I will share everything that I know... I don't expect to get anything out of it without putting in alot of effort... I think alot of people give up too easily...

Sincerely,
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic75
Hi,

I am considering working with the Zaken Corp. and I am seeking any information that anyone might have. If you have heard of this company, or have worked with this company, please let me know of your experience, good or bad. thanks

Old 03-24-2007, 12:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

So, how is the biz going for you now? Your last post was last month and you stated that you received $100... Just curious since I joined with the company today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhp
Just to let everyone here know:

The Zaken Corp has officially paid me a commission check of $100.00
It arrived at my home, via postal mail, on 2-8-07.

Though I have not made nearly as much as I have spent on this program, just for $hits and giggles, I'm going to try the program for a bit longer.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic75
Thanks, for the truth. I guess I am beginning to lose faith that there are any legit work from home opportunities out there. Every one of them promises BIG paychecks, but does not have a system to support their claims. I remain only slightly optimistic, because I think that there are those few lucky people out there who have found the path. If only one of them would let their secret slip...
Hey dude!

It's not a secret. It's a mix of a couple of things:
1-Be ready to work
2-Not think you'll make the money immediately in big amounts
3-It takes time and not give up...

That's about it...
I hate to break it to people, but if you read MAKE ALOT OF MONEY FAST. That is just a plain lie. It's a business, you have to work to start it up... alot.
People just fall for it, because they think it's like a map to gold or somthing. It is in some sorts, but the map is LONG! If it were the case, everyone would be rich...

Good read - Information on different scams, not reviews, just info.

Another great forum - It'll help you with your affiliate marketing, and of course, it is free!

Old 03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Silver Member

Sorry, forgot to mention in my last post.

I don't know about Zaken Corp. and don't endorse it.

Good read - Information on different scams, not reviews, just info.

Another great forum - It'll help you with your affiliate marketing, and of course, it is free!