report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

At Home Publishing & United Work at Home Publishing

I am in need of making extra money and have been looking into these "mailing letters from home" deals. I had Mailer Profits Inc. but see from the site that one is a scam. Does anyone know anything about "At Home Publishing" or "United Work at Home Publishing"? Both require $$ to get started and I can't afford to throw money away if they're not on the up and up. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: At Home Publishing & United Work at Home Publishing

I saw those ads in the HBC magazine. I'm going to try the At Home Publishing one to see what's up with it. I'll let you know what I find out.

RdnckDenise

Old 02-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well, the At Home Publishing is not what they said it was in the ad in the magazine. I don't know whether or not I'm going to try it out anyway or just return the package back to them for a refund. They want you to put up flyers and IF people respond to the flyers, then they will mail you $2.00 and a sase, which you have to mail to At Home Publishing. I have responded to one of those $2.00 ads before, so maybe it can work? But if you put in a bunch of time and effort in putting up flyers, how do you know that all your work will be rewarded? I mean, if you spend 10.00 on paper and making copies, and only 5 people respond, then you've only covered your paper/printing cost, you haven't even made your $40.00 back yet. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll keep you updated.

RdnckDenise

Old 03-08-2006, 05:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I paid to do the envelope stuffing, and when I got the package it was totally different from what the magazine said. I was so disappointed because I want my money back but in the package I recieved it states that I have to do at least 100 envelopes and show proof then send the package back and then they will consider my refund!!!!! I feel like I was scammed!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Newbie Member

Hello from At Home Publishing,

It is unfortunate that there was a misunderstanding from what was clearly stated. We stand by our customers being 100% satisfied. Please send the package back for an immediate refund of the purchase price.

Also, if you are not looking for an "opportunity", our advise to you is DO NOT answer ads that say $500 or more a week. Simply put they are either sales/commission jobs or business opportunities. Individuals looking for companies that pays simply to mail letters, is strongly suggested to stop their search. Studies have shown that they are never offered to individuals or companies, without prior experience and/or equipment.

Our advertisement is only in the "Home Business Connection" magazine, in order to make it clear this is a home business. All statements contained in advertisement have been verified to be accurate and true. The following were clearly stated. Although, individuals do not need any special skills or previous experience to participate in the program, they need to be at least eighteen years of age and can read and comprehend, a simple one page of instructions written in English.

Advertisement clearly stated:
* This is not a get rich quick business.
* This is not an offer of employment.
* We will not pay individuals to simply mail letters.
* We provide you with our letters and the cash flow method to make $2 per letter mailed.
* You will receive all your pre-addressed inquiry envelopes from prospects.
* You will make 50% commission for any orders that we receive from the letters you mailed.
* Testimonial does not reflect typical result. Results will vary by individual.
* As an independent commission mailer you can work as much or as little as you want.

Return Policy: Just as our initial letter stated, if you are not satisfied with the system that we have provided you, simply send it back to the addresses on top of your package, and we will issue a refund of the purchase price. We recommend that you send refund request by UPS or FEDEX, to insure delivery confirmation.

Best Wishes

Customer Service Center

Last edited by athomepublishing : 03-08-2006 at 07:49 PM.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Although my registration is still currently in my mailbox waiting to be picked up, I am not sure I will leave it there. It is true that what you say the ad states is there, but it also says the following:

1. "By following our simple one page instructions for promoting our publications, you will recieve all your pre-addressed inquiry envelopes from prospects with postage stamps already affixed and payment for all envelopes mailed before you mail them!"

2. "Your work will merely consist of securing the envelopes , place in one of our letters and mailing them out."

The use of the phrase "mailing envelopes" and "home mailers" is very frequent, and it mentions nothing of going outside of your home to post flyers. In fact, I will quote your ad yet again:

3. "Operate completely from your home or apartment."

People like me who have young children at home and want to stay at home with them get their hopes up when they see an ad that advertises something so simple that they can do at home for a little extra money. It's very wrong of you, and I would even go as far as to demanding that you change the ad to say what it really is, but I'm just a stay at home mom, so what can I do? You've disappointed me along with many others. The only reason I seriously set up to mail my registration was because I talked to my mother about it. She had done the at-home mailer business for a while while she was raising me alone. She said your ad sounded legit. Now it's one thing to make me look like a fool, but it's an entirely different matter when you prove my mother wrong.

What's your veiled response to this, eh?

Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

You claim that everything in your ad is completely true, but you fail to notice that you talk about "processing" and mailing the envelopes and then say "There is nothing more to be done to make this money." That is a LIE.

See, there is] a difference between completely true and mostly true...and it is HUGE. Apparently when you use the word process you believe it means "to go outside, put up flyers and wait for people to send you envelopes." Now I looked up "process" in the dictionary and at no point does it have anything like that in its definition.... Or maybe my dictionary is different from yours?

Old 11-15-2006, 01:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Just yesterday I recieved my packet from At Home Publishing and was very upset. Like some of the other people who posted on this site, I was miss led by the ad. My husband and I both believed that all we had to do was stuff envelopes and mail them out. I barely had the $40 for the registration. I am not going to try it. I am going to send the packet back and hope I get my money back. I, too, feel scammed by this company. In the ad they should put a telephone number to call to get information first. before people spend the money to get something they don't want.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I Love This Website!

Old 01-20-2007, 01:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

boy, am i glad i tuned in today to this site!!!! i was getting ready to send off $40.00 to them. and I totally agree that they misrepresent themselves in the ad. i got taken by pridemore publishing and almost got taken agin!! thank you all!!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The people who post these adds should be arrested for FRAUD. that is what they are committing. they should be charged with false advertising. If you ever think about sending any company that says you can make said amount of money by mailing out flyers don't do it they are CROOKS.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton_mom
I Love This Website!

You must work for the company because you are the only one.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomepublishing

It is unfortunate that there was a misunderstanding from what was clearly stated. We stand by our customers being 100% satisfied. Please send the package back for an immediate refund of the purchase price.

Also, if you are not looking for an "opportunity", our advise to you is DO NOT answer ads that say $500 or more a week. Simply put they are either sales/commission jobs or business opportunities. Individuals looking for companies that pays simply to mail letters, is strongly suggested to stop their search. Studies have shown that they are never offered to individuals or companies, without prior experience and/or equipment.

Our advertisement is only in the "Home Business Connection" magazine, in order to make it clear this is a home business. All statements contained in advertisement have been verified to be accurate and true. The following were clearly stated. Although, individuals do not need any special skills or previous experience to participate in the program, they need to be at least eighteen years of age and can read and comprehend, a simple one page of instructions written in English.

* We provide you with our letters and the cash flow method to make $2 per letter mailed.
* You will make 50% commission for any orders that we receive from the letters you mailed.
* As an independent commission mailer you can work as much or as little as you want.

Return Policy: Just as our initial letter stated, if you are not satisfied with the system that we have provided you, simply send it back to the addresses on top of your package, and we will issue a refund of the purchase price. We recommend that you send refund request by UPS or FEDEX, to insure delivery confirmation.

Best Wishes

Customer Service Center

you guys are crooks and liers.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindumo
I am in need of making extra money and have been looking into these "mailing letters from home" deals. I had Mailer Profits Inc. but see from the site that one is a scam. Does anyone know anything about "At Home Publishing" or "United Work at Home Publishing"? Both require $$ to get started and I can't afford to throw money away if they're not on the up and up. Thanks!
Folks, Lets be clear on this. If you have to pay someone for a job, then its a scam!!! If you want to work part time for extra money, then go down to a local Walmart or Supermarket and get a part time job. If you dont want to work that hard then it means that you really aren't interested in making money.
NO ONE is going to pay you for sitting at home watching Jerry Springer and stuffing envelopes,making booklets, copying flyers, etc.. PERIOD. If you want money, then you got three choices.
1. Win Lottery
2. Scam someone else
3. Get a job.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperez43
I paid to do the envelope stuffing, and when I got the package it was totally different from what the magazine said. I was so disappointed because I want my money back but in the package I recieved it states that I have to do at least 100 envelopes and show proof then send the package back and then they will consider my refund!!!!! I feel like I was scammed!!!
Thats because you WERE scammed. Forget the shortcuts and get a job if you want to make money.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomepublishing

Best Wishes

Customer Service Center
Hello from Planet Earth.

Your reply is simply an attempt to try and lure more customers into paying a fee and getting scammed. Folks, if you have to pay someone, then its a scam. Get a job instead.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONYA UJDUR
boy, am i glad i tuned in today to this site!!!! i was getting ready to send off $40.00 to them. and I totally agree that they misrepresent themselves in the ad. i got taken by pridemore publishing and almost got taken agin!! thank you all!!
I cant help but wonder, if you got taken once, why would you do it again? Forget the shortcuts and get a job.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Consider The Facts!

Originally Posted by vcapo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Folks, Lets be clear on this. If you have to pay someone for a job, then its a scam!!! If you want to work part time for extra money, then go down to a local Walmart or Supermarket and get a part time job. If you dont want to work that hard then it means that you really aren't interested in making money.
NO ONE is going to pay you for sitting at home watching Jerry Springer and stuffing envelopes,making booklets, copying flyers, etc.. PERIOD. If you want money, then you got three choices.
1. Win Lottery
2. Scam someone else
3. Get a job."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I cant help but wonder, if you got taken once, why would you do it again? Forget the shortcuts and get a job."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Actually you are not entirely accurate... I had a friend who was working for one of those companies stuffing envelopes and made a lot of money at it....

He later down the road tried other ones because of that and was scamed a lot...
He is the reason I am on this site now.... He said, there are ones out there that are legitimate (because there are just far too many letters to do all the work there themselves) but that you really have to be careful and do your research first.. He told me I should try googling it.. which, is what I am doing now...

Oh and for your information as well, it is not somehow stupid or idiodic to hope that maybe, as a stay at home mom you can still help to bring in income during tough times!

with the way this world is turning, if you arent home there with your kids, other people not so good, will be there to destroy there life... it is actually honorable to be a stay at home mom (or dad) and takes a lot of strength, especially through financial difficulty to do such in a world were everything has become about the $ that is is nearly impossible anymore to support a family in this country without being on welfare....

as far as I am concerned, this country has been too successful at undermining there own people, even to their own demise!

Also... just to throw it out there... though I agree that At Home Publishing misrepresented themselves and I am happy that I came here before sending them my money, it isnt entirely a scam, there is still potentil there...

and (probably not now) but maybe later down the road, I can weigh the options, decide if I think I have any good marketing ideas that owouldnt take too much time or money and potentially make some extra money later... now that I know what it entails, I wont feel scammed because I would be making a choice to do it!

Last edited by zakah : 07-20-2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Spell Check