report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

USA Bankruptcy Associates

My wife, after many years of trying to get it all together decided that it was time to file bankruptcy before the BK laws changed. She found this site called USABANKRUPCYASSOCIATES.COM. She compared that with what attorneys were charging... noticed that they offered virtually the same personalized service an attorney provdes at a FRACTION of the cost-- and even offered a money-back guarantee! How could you ever beat this???

Read all about their so-called "CRAZY GUARANTEE"-- supposedly IRON CLAD... http://www.usabankruptcyassociates.c...k/moreinfo.asp

My wife started by paying for the service ($120.00) and filling in the automated forms online. When it came time to ask a question she picked up the phone and then realized that there was no phone number on the site. Where did that personalized service go to? Hmmm...

Next she searched for an email address... but no email address was to be found! WOW!!! In fact there was NO COMPANY INFORMATION WHATSOEVER TO BE FOUND!!! But what did this company have to hide? Hmmm... read on...

She then noticed a very small box in which she could ask a very short (just 900 characters) question and submit it online. It claimed that ALL EMAILS ARE ANSWERED IN 2 to 8 HOURS (yet another guarantee). My wife entered in her question and hit the submit button. Her question didn't fit so she shortened it and hit submit. Then she tried to finish her question in a second box but was blocked by a notice that until her first question was answered she could not submit another question!!!

With her deadline close at hand she began to panic as the first day passed with no answer. Then on the second day she received a less-than response. But her question was a critical question concerning assets. Once again she squeezed her question into the box and pushed submit. After another day she received yet another less-than response. This time however the other party was clearly frustrated and just said "Everything looks great from this end, just submit the forms and we will deal with any problems later!"

So she did. And off she went into Bankruptcy court. Arriving in the courtroom she was asked to fill out a questionairre about any such online service she may have used. The legal person on the other side of the table looked at the form she had filled out in disgust and shook her head. My wife was grilled about her bankruptcy-- only to have her case tossed out because it was not accurate. The part she had questions about-- the part she asked USA Bankruptcy Associates for help on-- the part they said was "FINE"-- and "JUST SUBMIT IT" and "IT ALL LOOKS GREAT"-- was the part it was tossed out of court for.

After arriving home she once again squeezed a question into the little box in an attempt to get her money back. The response (again after a complete day) was "You were completely responsible for the information you entered into the form. If it was rejected, it is because you did not enter the proper information."

But what about the so-called "crazy guarantee"??? Well, all I can say is, buyer beware. It truly was a crazy guarantee-- and we were crazy to think they would ever stick to their so-called "word".

Stay away from this one... you will only be disappointed. If you want to do it yourself, you are better off using something like nolo.com. They are legitimate and will provide you with all of the information and forms needed.

Last edited by randyxtc : 12-30-2005 at 10:47 PM.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: USA Bankruptcy Associates

Yes, you really can't contact them through their site. After doing a whois search on their site, I found the info below. It seems they are in Canada (go figure). I used the email address below to ask a question for my wife's BK and they did answer, albeit through their site address and they stated emails wouldn't be answered that way again. Cry babies.

But last year (before the law changed), I used USABA to file BK and all went well and it went through. Being as I was only one of two people out of ten at the creditor's meeting that didn't have an attorney present, the court trustee just wanted to know who I used and how much I paid. He said he wanted to make sure I wasn't being taken advantage of. By the way, the other person there without an attorney was sent packing with two weeks to get it right because his paperwork was a mess. The only other real question he asked was how did I get into this mess.

If you use USABA, your situation should be rather simple and straight forward. No questionable stuff. As for assets, their site says something to the effect of, if you can sell it and make a buck, it's an asset.

I suggest if your going to do a BK on your own, at least have a paralegal or someone similar to answer your questions.

USA Bankruptcy Associates
Sysadmin Sysadmin usabkassociates@yahoo.com
38 PLACE DU COMMERCE
Bk Document Processing Limited
ILE DES SOEURS, QC H3E 1T8
CA
514-769-6240

Old 03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

well if they are a scam website why don't people report them to better business bureau?...it just does not make sense because if it were to be true these sites were scammers wouldn't someone of thought of reporting them to the proper agency and then after an investigation these scam sites would be shut down and be fined?

Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrupted! View Post
well if they are a scam website why don't people report them to better business bureau?...it just does not make sense because if it were to be true these sites were scammers wouldn't someone of thought of reporting them to the proper agency and then after an investigation these scam sites would be shut down and be fined?
[quote]It is 2009 and USA Bankruptcy Associates is still defrauding people. I'm one of their latest victims. USABan is arrogant, rude, and unethical. They are thieves and liars. The Court Clerk in my District rejected USABAN documents because they were not correct or current forms to use. I went back and I asked USABAN for current forms & help to fill out correct current forms and they slammed the door in my face!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrupted! View Post
Just one more thing Bankrupted: Did you mention BBB or proper authorities? What about Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Division? I don't think you've had much experience in reporting these illegal and unethical business practices or else you'd know that there is rarely a response to complaints/reports from these agencies. It's too bad I must say, but don't think that some of us angry consumers don't take such measures such as reporting/complaining to authorities rather than choosing to take the law into our own hands.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Usabank___________ Assoc Phone No:
877-570-5586

Old 06-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Newbie Member

I was looking into using this company but after reading this...I do not think so.I do not need additional problems nor do I care for the fact they are based in Canada.
THANKS....

Old 10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

it's Oct 2010 and I am curious is USA Bankruptcy Associates has had any recent complaints? their website is still fully operational. i will say it looks too good to be true, and yet, there are not hundreds of complaints for a topic so common today in this economy.

they make spectacular claims and even say they have filed tens of thousands of bankruptcies. that they make a painstaking effort to make sure your paperwork will be accepted or your money back and/or corrected.

their website content is written in a pitch sort of (selling) language to create urgency and that language can sometimes be associated with bad moral flavor. one of their claims in particular that they can help you after the filing so it does not appear for 10 years in a chapter 7 is certainly alarming if i read it correctly-i skimmed through it fast.

in closing, again, there are very few complaints here for a company claiming to have done tens of thousands of bankruptcies and i wonder if 'satisfied customers' simply do not post. nor do any staff members of their company for that matter who must know they are here if they google themselves??

in addition, i don't see them say that their fee does or does not include filing fees, only that if you qualify, they can help you with forms to get the fees waived.

please respond. i am trying to examine this for 2 people who may need this but cannot afford legal counseling and are truly destitute and in financial trouble. I appreciate any feedback. thanks.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I was looking into this site for myself two red flags for me were there were phone numbers or addresses listed for the company and there were typos on their site. I went to ZMT which they referenced for a means test and the very same problem . When I attempted to send emails to both companies I got very similar responses regarding ticket numbers for an answer. ZMT also had typos and no contact information. I have a feeling they are owned by the same person. Additionally on USA Bankruptcy Associates their sale price initially was until Tues Oct 26th with no way to extend it for anyone. I checked it today and the sale price is until Friday Oct 30 now. Very suspicious.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I used USA Bankruptcy Associates to help a friend file bankruptcy in June 2010 and it went well, I liked the service and the low price. When we brought the forms to the court, the clerk was impressed with how complete and well the package was organized. USA Bankruptcy Associates sent me the completed forms within hours of my submission, I appreciated that.

Note: I am able to read help files, understand them and follow directions. If you are not used to reading technical directions and following them exactly, you will probably make mistakes with this service and it might not be a good idea for you.

My friend couldn't have used the service himself, he never would have understood it. I read the directions many times to make sure I followed them correctly and I spent hours to make sure I was not making mistakes.

Even so, I still made a few mistakes. Once I had the forms, I was able to modify them using software I have that can work with pdfs. Most people don't know how to do this. You could modify your forms by printing out and using whiteout and pen if you have to, wouldn't want to do that much or your forms will look messy but you can do it. You are paying USA Bankruptcy Associates for only one set of forms. If you make mistakes and want the filled out forms sent to you again, you have to pay again.

If you are a very careful person and are used to following written directions that you have to figure out, this service is a cost effective alternative to hiring attorneys that would cost thousands. Worked for me to help my friend.

I would use them again if needed but I would say the service is good only for people who can follow written directions exactly. The low price is because it's a hands on program for do-it-yourselfers who are experienced at doing things themselves with some specific guidance and assistance. If you are good at following directions, the package received is excellent and what they say it is. If you are not good at following directions, you will probably not be happy and you are going to have to pay an attorney to file for you.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I signed up with USA Bankruptcy Associates on 2/1/2011. Once the package was paid, I changed my mind - the same day. I requested a refund. They refused because they stated they do not give refunds. I was turned down repeatedly. Finally, I researched other add and the Office of Administrative Law Judges to get information (free). I then went back to USA Bankruptcy Associated and I was told that I needed to pay an additional $59 to complete my package since it had expired.

I never got any service from them and was charged $189 plus $59 (which I have not paid) in order to file. Plus the Chapter 13 Plan is not included. So you get nothing in return for your money. Even if you request a refund the same or next day, and you have only reviewed the software, you get nothing.

I am glad to know who they are so that I can included them on my Bankruptcy payments for the last 60 days. Again, there is no contact information. Find someone else do do your Bankruptcy. They do not provide a good service.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj451205 View Post
I signed up with USA Bankruptcy Associates on 2/1/2011. Once the package was paid, I changed my mind - the same day. I requested a refund. They refused because they stated they do not give refunds. I was turned down repeatedly. Finally, I researched other add and the Office of Administrative Law Judges to get information (free). I then went back to USA Bankruptcy Associated and I was told that I needed to pay an additional $59 to complete my package since it had expired.

I never got any service from them and was charged $189 plus $59 (which I have not paid) in order to file. Plus the Chapter 13 Plan is not included. So you get nothing in return for your money. Even if you request a refund the same or next day, and you have only reviewed the software, you get nothing.

I am glad to know who they are so that I can included them on my Bankruptcy payments for the last 60 days. Again, there is no contact information. Find someone else do do your Bankruptcy. They do not provide a good service.