report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005, 04:11 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Liberal Media Bias 101

This post from a republican bullitin board shows exactly how the main stream liberal media has manipulated this country for years without saying anything untrue.

Please take the time and read each caption between the pictures. It was written by someone who was there, and if you are truely interested in the issue of media bias, it speaks volumes. For those of you who say that liberal bias in the media doesn´t exist, I expect you won´t take the time to read it, or anything that may challenge what you want to believe. The truth can really be a ***** sometimes.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/ind...howtopic=93193

Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Gold Member

Re: Liberal Media Bias 101

Hi Grim,

I looked at the link you provided. I saw what you wanted me to see. I recognized the photographs were not printed on their totality. I read the commentary of the person taking the pictures.

Now, I am supposed to believe, the lack of full coverage on this series of pictures, the author of this post has pointed out, is solely due to the liberal bias, of the San Francisco Chronicle?!?

Do you want me now to condemn all media as having a liberal bias, because the San Francisco Chronicle, did not run a front page story, on a particular group at an antiwar rally, that are hiding behind masks, being directed and corralled by Communist Vietnam?

Do you want my impotent anger and outrage directed at the San Francisco Chronicle, for its lack of turning this story into an expose on Communist groups in America, marching in antiwar rallies?

Lastly, am I supposed to believe the commentary of someone on a message board (that goes for liberal or conservative), is unbiased, open-minded, fair and balanced?

DeeDee1965

Old 12-12-2005, 07:14 AM
the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee1965

Lastly, am I supposed to believe the commentary of someone on a message board (that goes for liberal or conservative), is unbiased, open-minded, fair and balanced?

DeeDee1965
The only answer to this last Question,Well its the easiest answer of the day. "CAN WE GET A HELL NO!" Neither liberial or Conservative die hards can be unbiased in my personal oppinion,Not when it comes to anything negative being pointed out to them from the oppisite side of the affiliation that they feel their apart of.. Thats been proven time and time again here........
Getting people to believe in whatever, (is a matter of choice,) You could knock some of these people up side the head with a rock to try to get them to hear what you believe to be the truth and they still wouldnt ever hear one word of it. UNBIASED IN THIS SENCE IS A JOKE IF YOUR BRAIN WASHED OR CLOSED MINDED, AND A COMPLETE DIE HARD TO EITHER AFFILIATION.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

ROFLMAO---- I believe Quertol or HDM brought this to us once before. Well, the one thing you can always count on from the far right. It will always be the same Rant and Rave, just a different day.

Thanks for the laugh Grim. We can always count on you to "follow through". LOL

Lady Mod

Old 12-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Gold Member

Amazing what some neocons will do to try and find something, just anything that will support their defense of the actions of this administration. Now all nod and agree and we'll all be happy sheep trotting down the happy pasture of Bush's ranch. Baaaa....

Old 12-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Please tell me you all are kidding. Maybe being out here makes it a bit more obvious, but you are talking about the city of San Francisco and the chronicle here. Anyone who doesn't know about this area and this rag is going to have some difficulty comprehending the political ebb and flow of politics in this country. Believe me. How many TRULY bizarre examples would you like to see?

Old 12-12-2005, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrone
Please tell me you all are kidding. Maybe being out here makes it a bit more obvious, but you are talking about the city of San Francisco and the chronicle here. Anyone who doesn't know about this area and this rag is going to have some difficulty comprehending the political ebb and flow of politics in this country. Believe me. How many TRULY bizarre examples would you like to see?

So, you are saying that San Francisco is the pivotal point in America? That what happens in San Francisco will determine what is happening in the other 49 states of the union?

LOL, so how many other "TRULY bizarre" examples are you right wingers going to subject the rest of us too?

Lady Mod

Old 12-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

DeeDee, this is just one of the many instances of liberal media bias. The reason I pointed this one out, is because it is such a typical way the liberal media trys to paint a pretty picture out of something that is anything but pretty. That picture they published said to the public, that the innocent black youth in America feel strongly against the war and took it upon themselves to march to show their opposition. The reality was that their were anti-Semites and organizers from at least one American communist organization pulling the strings there.

If a communist organization showed up to march at a republican rally of any kind, you know damn well that media would make sure that the public knew it, especially if that organization was one of the organizers. The main stream media wouldn't hesitate to associate communists, racists, anti-Semites, child molesters, etc... with the republican party, but will always do what they can to avoid associating those types of groups with the democratic party.

I have personally in the last 15 months posted approx 150 different examples of liberal bias in the main stream media, and I see no end in site.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
Hi Grim,

Hi Grim,

If you think the picture of a young black person, with a bandanna tied across their face, is "painting a pretty picture of the antiwar protest," you must live on another planet.

Also you are not very bright, since there is no mention of the young woman's affiliations in the article, what is left does not inspire confidence, or give the impression of black youth, marching against war.

You are wasting your powder on a non-battle. With all hour "1000s" of man hours, and extensive research, why not try to uncover real corruption. The kind of corruption, that the people on this board can get angry enough about to write their Congress people?

You have not answer my last question, it would be nice if you addressed it.

DeeDee1965

Old 12-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim17
DeeDee, this is just one of the many instances of liberal media bias. The reason I pointed this one out, is because it is such a typical way the liberal media trys to paint a pretty picture out of something that is anything but pretty. That picture they published said to the public, that the innocent black youth in America feel strongly against the war and took it upon themselves to march to show their opposition. The reality was that their were anti-Semites and organizers from at least one American communist organization pulling the strings there.

If a communist organization showed up to march at a republican rally of any kind, you know damn well that media would make sure that the public knew it, especially if that organization was one of the organizers. The main stream media wouldn't hesitate to associate communists, racists, anti-Semites, child molesters, etc... with the republican party, but will always do what they can to avoid associating those types of groups with the democratic party.

I have personally in the last 15 months posted approx 150 different examples of liberal bias in the main stream media, and I see no end in site.

So Grim.. say I believe you about the Dems, which I cannot argue as they appear to be just as corrupt as the neocons. What is a GOOD alternative for the Americans who would like to support a group that doesn't use tactics like the dems or the puds ?

Old 12-13-2005, 02:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim17

wait..what? anti-semites? where? what's the problem with communists being there?
as for what would happen if it was a Republican march, your comments are just conjecture.

I could come up with countless examples of the media leading to the right but it wouldn't prove anything. There are instances where the media seems to lead one way or the other, but in all reality the media is relatively fair and balenced (minus Fox, of course).

Old 12-13-2005, 03:47 AM
Go big or Go home

CNN: news more important than truth

This article appears in a number of places, the link above is just one of them. NYtimes ran the article but you must subscribe to read it.

Extracts from Jordan's article - start quote:

"Over the last dozen years [says Jordan] I made 13 trips to Baghdad to lobby the government to keep CNN's Baghdad bureau open and to arrange interviews with Iraqi leaders. Each time I visited, I became more distressed by what I saw and heard awful things that could not be reported because doing so would have jeopardized the lives of Iraqis, particularly those on our Baghdad staff.
"For example, in the mid-1990's one of our Iraqi cameramen was abducted. For weeks he was beaten and subjected to electroshock torture in the basement of a secret police headquarters because he refused to confirm the government's ludicrous suspicion that I was the Central Intelligence Agency's Iraq station chief. CNN had been in Baghdad long enough to know that telling the world about the torture of one of its employees would almost certainly have gotten him killed and put his family and co-workers at grave risk.
"Then there were the events that were not unreported but that nonetheless still haunt me. A 31-year-old Kuwaiti woman, Asrar Qabandi, was captured by Iraqi secret police occupying her country in 1990 for "crimes," one of which included speaking with CNN on the phone. They beat her daily for two months, forcing her father to watch. In January 1991, on the eve of the American-led offensive, they smashed her skull and tore her body apart limb by limb. A plastic bag containing her body parts was left on the doorstep of her family's home.
"I felt awful having these stories bottled up inside me. Now that Saddam Hussein's regime is gone, I suspect we will hear many, many more gut-wrenching tales from Iraqis about the decades of torment. At last, these stories can be told freely."
End quote

Old 12-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Thanks for posting that, Reg. It is truly one of the most important stories of the last decade and one that not many Americans know of, for obvious reasions. This was stepped on as soon as it saw the light of day. It makes all other media bias/manipulation stories pale in comparison.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrone
Thanks for posting that, Reg. It is truly one of the most important stories of the last decade and one that not many Americans know of, for obvious reasions. This was stepped on as soon as it saw the light of day. It makes all other media bias/manipulation stories pale in comparison.
But isn't CNN and the New York Times one of those "liberal bias" media?

I think the post RegE made is a very good example that the media does not have any more "liberal" leanings than it does "conservative" leanings, with a very few exceptions such as the FOX network.

Now the talk shows are another creature altogether, lol.

How was the story "stepped on as soon as it saw the light of day" if these websites are carrying it still? If you mean they came out at an earlier date and were stepped on then and now it's being republished, it might have something to do with what the author was saying about endangering these reporters and their families lives. Perhaps things weren't all that secure the first time.

Why wasn't this used as a reason to go to war? It would make a lot more sense to put down a government system that tortures and oppresses it's people rather than use the flimsy and disprovable story about weapons of mass destruction.

Saddam is gone now. In either case, it's time to mop things up and start pulling out. Give those people back their country.

Lady Mod

Old 12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Well... here's my ante into the kitty...

About 20 or so years ago I had a friend who was a television news camera-man. He gave me a piece of advice that I have tried to adhere to. To paraphrase...

"... The news media, especially television, is not real. We can shoot tape of any event and make it mean whatever we want it to."

He then went on to recommend I try to get my info from a variety of sources... foreign and domestic. Compare the "stories" (he said they don't call them stories for nothing) and reach your conclusions in that manner. You won't get complete accuracy, but you'll be as close as you can get.

conclusion: There is not one media outlet that can lay claim to publishing the truth. It is not that the "left" lies or that the "right" lies... they both lie. If one should see a story they feel strongly about... research it. You are, most likely, not getting the full "story".

cheers,
Paul

Old 12-13-2005, 05:22 PM
"You will respect my authority!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM
"... The news media, especially television, is not real. We can shoot tape of any event and make it mean whatever we want it to."
Paul
Yeah no foolin'. Good post. Anybody that relys on TV for information is a retard. Grims concern is thatTV is leading all the retards astray.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM
Well... here's my ante into the kitty...

About 20 or so years ago I had a friend who was a television news camera-man. He gave me a piece of advice that I have tried to adhere to. To paraphrase...

He then went on to recommend I try to get my info from a variety of sources... foreign and domestic. Compare the "stories" (he said they don't call them stories for nothing) and reach your conclusions in that manner. You won't get complete accuracy, but you'll be as close as you can get.

conclusion: There is not one media outlet that can lay claim to publishing the truth. It is not that the "left" lies or that the "right" lies... they both lie. If one should see a story they feel strongly about... research it. You are, most likely, not getting the full "story".

cheers,
Paul
Agreed. I use to be a reporter for a newspaper in Colorado years ago. Journalism today is not what it was 26 years ago. Today if one wants to know the truth, check what is reported overseas as well as domestically.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Old 12-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
But isn't CNN and the New York Times one of those "liberal bias" media?

I think the post RegE made is a very good example that the media does not have any more "liberal" leanings than it does "conservative" leanings, with a very few exceptions such as the FOX network.
Interesting take on the article and conclusion one draws from it.

My take is that the media...in this case CNN was more interested in reporting something out of Iraq then it was in telling the real truth. They reported "feel good" stories, the type liberals like the most.

In my opinion, it is much better to report nothing then report only part of the story. Take the 100% vote for Saddam as an example.

The stories reporting 100% support for Saddam, while true when you only report half of the story, are not accurate. Yes he received 100% of the vote, but the other side of that is if you voted against him you died. That seems to be a very important part of the story.

Reporting on Iraq the way CNN did for years only served to purposes. First to provide some kind of coverage for CNN and there by bringing in revenue. And second, to make Saddam look a lot less evil then he was.

THe story about the brothers-in-law that where killed by Saddam's son. They where dead anyway you look at it. Reporting what was said and expected to happen would not have kept them alive in the eyes of the reporter. As it turned out, they where killed. Having reported the truth may actually have saved the lives of these individuals.

A reporter is not there to create the news, they are there to report the events. A good reporter does not provide opionions or even make choices based on opinions. They simply write what they see and let the cards fall as they may.