report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 AM
Gold Member

Health and Wellness Scam

I have questions for anyone who is in a health and wellness company or looking at getting into a health and wellness company

Where do you draw the line of what is healthy and what isn't ?

When you do research on a product or its ingredients, do you look to the FDA for what has been approved for human consumption as a guide as to what is healthy or what isn't ?

What would you do if you found out that the company you are currently in uses ingredients or procedures which undermine or lessen the vitality and potency of its ingredients ? Or use chemicals which are found to be harmful, while stating that they are safe ?

In the quest to find a business to "help others" and at the same time maybe make some money, should we not diligently seek to find the best possible ingredients and products available to re-sell to people ?

What "standards" must be met in order to call a company a health and wellness company ?

I will state that I believe no company that calls themselves "Health and Wellness" should use any prescription or non-prescription drugs. That just furthers to fuel the sickness we see in America today. "Drugs" and "health mentioned in the same sentence aren't Kosher in my opinion. An oxymoron if you will call it.

I see many companies jumping on the health band wagon and marketing/selling products which only partially help people in preventing or fighting sickness and disease. They may work for awhile but if the person stops taking the products, they end up regressing back to the same state of sickness. This shows the products haven't actually done anything to heal the body.

This also goes to show that the products only play a small role in the overall picture which needs to be shown to people so they may attain health.
I will put what I have learned as factors which will help to turn poor health around. It is a daily thing, not once a month or once a year.

Water (cleanses toxins and poisons, as well as daily operating functions)
raw fruits and vegetables (no pesticides, herbicides, or other chemical sprayed on them)
exercise (also helps to rid body of toxins)
fresh air (outside air, not inside all the time)
sunlight (helps the body produce vitamin D)
proper rest
mental health
spiritual health
How we eat, what we eat, when we eat
No snacking, eat three meals maximum per day, 5 hours between each meal and eating at the same time each day (regular schedule)

This is why I call some of the companies a scam. They are just promoting their products as if they will be the answer to everyone's problems, which if at best, only contributes a small part of the answer. Especially in the cases where a lot of the companies still have ingredients which totally undermine the effects of the ingredients that would be of benefit to people. The majority of the companies still use procedures which alter perfectly good things into ingredients which, in my eyes, are not fit for human consumption.

It seems they are taking advantage of things and charging even more money than the mainstream companies are. While the natural ingredients do indeed cost more, it is when they use ingredients that are cheap, but yet they still charge more. Even when they are using the same ingredients as the mainstream companies.

So you, as a person seeking to join a health and wellness company. If money is the main thing you are seeking and care not as much about the people you wish to promote the products to, then maybe a person should seek another business opportunity. Each company has their reasons why their product is great and superior to anyone else's. This is just the way they are. The promise of wealth is a lure to get people to sign in, because not too may people are interested in health principals themselves, but are looking for the money.

Taking pills doesn't replace real food, as long as the food is good, that is. And the fact that most people don't eat healthy enough still doesn't give a company the right to say, "here take this pill" it will make you healthy. They are making money off of people while the people still continue to eat the wrong foods, which are the cause of most of their sickness. And maybe eat even more because they are taking healthy pills now, which paints the illusion that they are safe then.

This shifts the responsibility from the person to seek the reasons why they need to change their dietary habits. Health is the result of Lifestyle If a person gets sick often, they need to look at what they do (or what they are exposed to) on a daily basis. But we are taught to seek medical help for anything that happens to us (any little sniffle or runny nose). This is why the medicare has become a huge liability for the taxpayer.

This doesn't just apply to MLM companies, but health food stores as well. My family eats vegetarian foods, but now we have found that even these "healthier" or "safer" products are not safe either. Ingredients in them are contaminated with MSG.

It is companies in general that use processed or manufactured ingredients that undermine our health. It seems all of these "healthier" alternative companies are no better, but charging us more for a label of safe.

Funny thing to point out that "ingredients" is pronounced "in-greed-ients"
Maybe the food companies in the beginning saw that this was the case and decided to drop an "e"

Last edited by Rawb : 12-11-2005 at 05:15 AM.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:17 AM
Gold Member

Re: Health and Wellness Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawb
I have questions for anyone who is in a health and wellness company or looking at getting into a health and wellness company

Where do you draw the line of what is healthy and what isn't ?

When you do research on a product or its ingredients, do you look to the FDA for what has been approved for human consumption as a guide as to what is healthy or what isn't ?

What would you do if you found out that the company you are currently in uses ingredients or procedures which undermine or lessen the vitality and potency of its ingredients ? Or use chemicals which are found to be harmful, while stating that they are safe ?

In the quest to find a business to "help others" and at the same time maybe make some money, should we not diligently seek to find the best possible ingredients and products available to re-sell to people ?

What "standards" must be met in order to call a company a health and wellness company ?

I will state that I believe no company that calls themselves "Health and Wellness" should use any prescription or non-prescription drugs. That just furthers to fuel the sickness we see in America today. "Drugs" and "health mentioned in the same sentence aren't Kosher in my opinion. An oxymoron if you will call it.

I see many companies jumping on the health band wagon and marketing/selling products which only partially help people in preventing or fighting sickness and disease. They may work for awhile but if the person stops taking the products, they end up regressing back to the same state of sickness. This shows the products haven't actually done anything to heal the body.

This also goes to show that the products only play a small role in the overall picture which needs to be shown to people so they may attain health.
I will put what I have learned as factors which will help to turn poor health around. It is a daily thing, not once a month or once a year.

Water (cleanses toxins and poisons, as well as daily operating functions)
raw fruits and vegetables (no pesticides, herbicides, or other chemical sprayed on them)
exercise (also helps to rid body of toxins)
fresh air (outside air, not inside all the time)
sunlight (helps the body produce vitamin D)
proper rest
mental health
spiritual health
How we eat, what we eat, when we eat
No snacking, eat three meals maximum per day, 5 hours between each meal and eating at the same time each day (regular schedule)

This is why I call some of the companies a scam. They are just promoting their products as if they will be the answer to everyone's problems, which if at best, only contributes a small part of the answer. Especially in the cases where a lot of the companies still have ingredients which totally undermine the effects of the ingredients that would be of benefit to people. The majority of the companies still use procedures which alter perfectly good things into ingredients which, in my eyes, are not fit for human consumption.

It seems they are taking advantage of things and charging even more money than the mainstream companies are. While the natural ingredients do indeed cost more, it is when they use ingredients that are cheap, but yet they still charge more. Even when they are using the same ingredients as the mainstream companies.

So you, as a person seeking to join a health and wellness company. If money is the main thing you are seeking and care not as much about the people you wish to promote the products to, then maybe a person should seek another business opportunity. Each company has their reasons why their product is great and superior to anyone else's. This is just the way they are. The promise of wealth is a lure to get people to sign in, because not too may people are interested in health principals themselves, but are looking for the money.

Taking pills doesn't replace real food, as long as the food is good, that is. And the fact that most people don't eat healthy enough still doesn't give a company the right to say, "here take this pill" it will make you healthy. They are making money off of people while the people still continue to eat the wrong foods, which are the cause of most of their sickness. And maybe eat even more because they are taking healthy pills now, which paints the illusion that they are safe then.

This shifts the responsibility from the person to seek the reasons why they need to change their dietary habits. Health is the result of Lifestyle If a person gets sick often, they need to look at what they do (or what they are exposed to) on a daily basis. But we are taught to seek medical help for anything that happens to us (any little sniffle or runny nose). This is why the medicare has become a huge liability for the taxpayer.

This doesn't just apply to MLM companies, but health food stores as well. My family eats vegetarian foods, but now we have found that even these "healthier" or "safer" products are not safe either. Ingredients in them are contaminated with MSG.

It is companies in general that use processed or manufactured ingredients that undermine our health. It seems all of these "healthier" alternative companies are no better, but charging us more for a label of safe.

Funny thing to point out that "ingredients" is pronounced "in-greed-ients"
Maybe the food companies in the beginning saw that this was the case and decided to drop an "e"
Rawb, I'm just curious, what MLM company are you with, you've refrained from saying the name. I'm assuming to avoid a promotion/intentions conflict here. But I'm asking yoiu, so it's ok to say now :)

Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Gold Member

I have not posted what company I am in because it is not the reason why I am here. The company I am in doesn't provide me with everything that I need in the house, but do provide safe products that play a part in the overall puzzle of health. They have no cleaning products, laundry or dish detergents, or foods. I have to buy that elsewhere. They have one supplement which is a probiotic. The products are great, and for once, a company that is truthful in disclosing all of their ingredients other than hiding or defending the use of certain ones. I think it is in my PM thingie, so someone can click on the link there if they want to see it.

I am just trying to determine what role I am going to assume in all of this battle ground of coverups and corruption. I don't want to tell people some truth just to sell some products. I tried that years ago and it doesn't sit well with me. Promoting products isn't helping people make informed decisions to change the way they currently eat/drink which will determine whether or not they will get sick.

I have thought of doing public presentations with info on medical, nutritional, personal care, cleaning supplies, and other info so that people can get an overall picture of what is causing their sickness and disease and how they can reverse it within their budget means. Just by changing the way we eat etc, and drinking more water, eliminating the use of chemicals in cleaners and hair dyes, deodorants, etc, we can cut down the overload of poisons entering the body. I want to keep this free so people can have access to it as well.

Another option is to write a book, which came to me after joining this site and someone telling me I am wasting my time posting to people here. I think a book is only going to reach so many people; the ones who want to buy it. Then there are the people who can really use info but have limited funds or none at all. These people I really feel a need to reach because they are the ones suffering the most. The drugs they hope will help them are the ones doing the greatest damage to them.

I have been in a lot of different MLM businesses in the last ten years. Each one of them touting how their products are the best or the most effective blah,blah,blah. Looking back on it, I see how deceptive they really were. And I was a typical sheep following along being a parrot. Just repeating what the company propaganda taught me. The products are only as good as their ingredients. Period.

And what about the people who can't afford these products ? do we just ignore them and say too bad ? Then they are left thinking that there is no hope and discouraged because they think that they need that miracle product to heal them. NOT TRUE!! A person CAN get help and relief from sickness. It just takes a process to learn what is causing the sickness in the first place.

See ? I guess I already wrote a novel here. LOL my wife says I really need to get a job where I get paid to talk, haha :D

Another company which seems to have all good ingredients is
http://www.terressentials.com/

I looked at it pretty quickly to scan the ingredients and they looked good. They aren't MLM either, to my knowledge for those who are anti-MLM,

Old 12-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

Rawb, I agree completely! I'm involved also with a health and wellness company and we are taught so much about the importance of what you eat! SOOOOO many of the diseases and viruses & such are preventable! But people just want to pop a pill when their acid reflux acts up. Well if people would actually figure out why they have acid reflux and act on their knowledge - they wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Cancer is also preventable. People have no idea because the government doesn't teach us these things. The treatment of cancer is such a BIG money maker, which in essense, means maintaining the disease! Treatment is basically just maintaining whatever ails you. If people knew that eating such high carbohydrate & low protein diets causes so much havoc in our bodies, there would be so many people wanting to know more. But we're taught to trust our government (FDA) and our doctors. Doctor's are important people, don't get me wrong. But, if I continue to eat right, exercise, get my protein number daily, and take my supplements I won't need to see him for a simple sinus infection - because I won't get one! However, if I get hit by a truck in the street and I'm in 3 pieces, don't sprinkle tablets and protein powder over my body! At that point, a doctor could probably help out a bit! But you're right - if people only knew what they think they know - we'd have a much healtheir society!!

Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
openQuestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensent
Rawb, I agree completely! I'm involved also with a health and wellness company and we are taught so much about the importance of what you eat! SOOOOO many of the diseases and viruses & such are preventable! But people just want to pop a pill when their acid reflux acts up. Well if people would actually figure out why they have acid reflux and act on their knowledge - they wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Cancer is also preventable. People have no idea because the government doesn't teach us these things. The treatment of cancer is such a BIG money maker, which in essense, means maintaining the disease! Treatment is basically just maintaining whatever ails you. If people knew that eating such high carbohydrate & low protein diets causes so much havoc in our bodies, there would be so many people wanting to know more. But we're taught to trust our government (FDA) and our doctors. Doctor's are important people, don't get me wrong. But, if I continue to eat right, exercise, get my protein number daily, and take my supplements I won't need to see him for a simple sinus infection - because I won't get one! However, if I get hit by a truck in the street and I'm in 3 pieces, don't sprinkle tablets and protein powder over my body! At that point, a doctor could probably help out a bit! But you're right - if people only knew what they think they know - we'd have a much healtheir society!!
Yeah, rawb is one sharp son of a gun on the subject of health and wellness. In fact, I would NEVER be involved with an h&w MLM company for the simple reason that I do NOT wish to take the time to truly understand the products -- and general health and wellness -- the way rawb does. To me, that would be too great a risk to take. How many people do you think are out there marketing their MLM arses off with exactly NO knowledge of h&w, and of how their products might affect certain people with certain conditions, etc.? I'd bet the vast majority of MLM h&w reps would fall into that category, unfortunately. Most only know the "company line" that they are regularly fed by their uplines, and by the company. I just think that's a potentially dangerous mistake to make. My two cents.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Gold Member

It is really sad actually. I have been in many health and wellness companies over the years and it really only boils down to one thing... it's a business and they want to sell their products. Nothing wrong with that, IF they are doing it in an honest way and not misleading people. So many people think that they just need to listen to what the company says or provides for info rather than do research themselves. It is frustrating. It's time consuming to research all of the ingredients out there. But imperative to save yourself or your loved ones long term grief. I know for certain that chemicals affected my 5 year old while he was developing in the womb. He was the only one that was exposed to a plethora of chemicals out of our 4 kids. He is the only one with a chromosome problem as well. Coincidence ?

Old 12-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Silver Member

You are SO right! So many people that are involved in these companies are corrupt! It may not even be the companies fault! People see dollar signs and not the benefits they, their loved ones and others could experience! Of course, everyone wants to make money. DAH! But, if people see dollar signs in our eyes as "endorsors" of the products - they'll run every time! It's a no-brainer! I would too. I would rather get the information out there and let them decide if what I have to offer them is something they would like to use. Of course, I truly feel everyone will benefit in some way from what I have! But, it's not my judgement call to make for someone else. I'm the teacher & nutrition coach - not judge & jury! I'm really glad that you're on the same page Rawb! And I pray God blesses your life & your business as you continue to help others with their health & dreams! Keep up the good work!