report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Bush hatred ... the real pandemic

Bush hatred ...
the real pandemic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: December 8, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 Laurence A. Elder

What to do when you encounter someone who instinctively, pathologically hates President George W. Bush? Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean clearly spoke for many when he said, "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for ..." Consider, for example, the following anti-Iraq war letter I received, and my attempt to engage the sender in dialogue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear Mr. Elder: ... How you can support an illegal war waged specifically to line the pockets of rich American Republicans, a war that has killed at least a half a million innocent Iraqis and now well over 2,000 volunteer soldiers, and has made us the most hated people in the world, is beyond my comprehension. I travel the world extensively, and let me tell you that the U.S.A. is completely out of step with the rest of the planet Earth ...

"Sincerely,

"'Sarah,' retired public school administrator and university professor"

"Dear Sarah,

"Please tell me, do you have a source for your statement about the death of 'at least a half a million innocent Iraqis'? ...

"Looking forward to hearing from you.

"Larry"

"This is purely MY estimation based on my readings. It is curious indeed that there have never been any real numbers given by the American press. Too many innocent deaths would make the U.S.A. look even worse than it already looks. You are most welcome, Mr. Elder."

"Dear Sarah,

"When you criticize a 'war that has killed at least a half a million Iraqis,' I would have thought you would have some basis for the assertion. Now I understand it is your 'estimation based on [your] readings.'

"OK, let me rephrase the question. What have you read that caused you to reach this 'estimation'? I would like to also read at least some of the same material – if it isn't too much trouble to retrieve it or refer me to it.

"If it is of any help, the British medical journal Lancet last year estimated the number of Iraqi dead at 100,000. A website called Iraq Body Count places that number at between 21,000 and 25,000.

"You claim that 'there have never been any real numbers given by the American press.' I didn't realize that the 'American press' was expected to 'give' these 'real numbers.' If you mean the government has never offered any Iraqi casualty figures, that is not true. This month the Pentagon, in a report to Congress, estimated the number of Iraqis dead at 26,000.

"I look forward to hearing from you and reading the material that caused you to reach an Iraqi civilian dead 'estimation' five times higher than any I've heard.

"Larry"

"Dear Mr. Elder:

"At first, I really thought I was dealing with an intellectual equal when our chats began. You have disappointed me. It was never my intention to encourage you to so arrogantly participate in 'doing the political dozens' with me, for the obvious reason that you are right of center and I am to the left, and never the 'twain shall meet. As for my estimate of 500,000 dead Iraqis, I merely used the 50,000 estimate admitted by our government and multiplied it by 10, which is probably pretty close to the real number of dead. The Bush administration is filled with masters of lies, deceit, distortions, spins, etc., etc., so reaching my conclusion was not unreasonable. As for your British source, I say, 'big deal'! Blair, or rather Bliar (sic), and Bush have been conspiratorial regarding the Iraq war since its creation. But if the British admit to 100,000 dead, then there are now 1 million dead Iraqis!

"You know, Mr. Elder, it is ludicrous at best for you and I to be arguing about how many Iraqis have died in this senseless war. If it is ONE DEAD, then it is ONE TOO MANY! Mr. Cheney's dark-side buddies must be pleased with the human beings that have been sacrificed to support their greed for power and money ..."

"It was indeed a very limited pleasure 'chatting' with you, but since I do not wish to develop high blood pressure from our political debates, which would never have an ending and because I really want to live long enough to see my great-grand-children fairly soon, I bid you ADIEU!

"Sincerely, Sarah"

"Dear Sarah,

"Does this mean that you won't be sending me the reading material on which you based your 500,000 Iraqis dead figure?

"And I was so looking forward to being enlightened by an intellectual superior.

"Larry"

"I already told you how I reached my conclusion. S."

In the spirit of the season, I attempted to open my heart, my mind and my arms, and start a dialogue with a retired-public-school-administrator-and-university-professor-Bush-hater. Oh, well. Merry Christmas. (Is that still allowed?) Pass the eggnog.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=47798

Old 12-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Gold Member

Re: Bush hatred ... the real pandemic

Hi Grim,

Two people squabbling, does not a pandemic make. ;)

DeeDee1965

Old 12-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Enjoy today tommorrow is not promised

Hey Grim, while there is alot of hatred out there for Bush and I do not like to use that word, however he created himself. Remember, I will be a Uniter not a Divider, well his attitude and policies have carved this country in two faster than a japanese chef with a ginsu knife. Instead of being in the middle he plays to the far right of the party and that is whats driving the hatred towards Bush. Of course, I know you like written facts, however I am just giving my opinion.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Silver Member

Well, I don't believe any statistics anyway. Not to mention reports of American soldiers burning corpses. An attempt to cover up the number of dead, perhaps?

After all, you can't count dirt and ashes.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
Hi Grim,

Two people squabbling, does not a pandemic make. ;)

DeeDee1965
Radical liberals just love to exxagerate. They are really frightened. They
know secretly that things are not all well in paradise and they've run out of
fingernails to chew and it is ________________(fill in the blank) so
difficult to work on the toenails... soooo what else do we doooo?
It all comes down to: If you don't immediately agree one-huindred percent
we hate you.
They just need to get a grip and lighten up!
There's REALLY a lot of life before and after politics.
The whole thing is like a few hundred thousand ants floating down the
river on a log and all of them screaming: hey, let me steer! ;)

Old 12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

Quote:
Originally Posted by idshadow
Well, I don't believe any statistics anyway. Not to mention reports of American soldiers burning corpses. An attempt to cover up the number of dead, perhaps?

After all, you can't count dirt and ashes.
I agree Statistics are not everything, But for the average American citizen its the only way you can try to measure anything, Real or Fabricated. To many stats. out in conflict with each other to take anything to heart 100%... :confused:

Old 12-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Challenge Authority

Let's face it, shall we? Bush is, by far, the most loathed and despised "president" in American history. Only the kooks still support him at all. That's now obvious to anybody who is at least semi-coherent. The Monkeys will always worship Bush and think he walks on water no matter what. It's like a degenerative brain disease resulting in hypnotized automatons who always have a lame ass excuse ready to roll to divert responsibility for Bush's conveyor belt of screw ups. These people are basically zombies from hell.

Last edited by dchristie : 12-11-2005 at 06:17 AM.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:34 AM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

It doesn't bother me if they worship him. We still have freedom of religion in this country, if Bush is their God replacement, so be it. However, they shouldn't expect the rest of the country to follow such blasphemy.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Old 12-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchristie
Let's face it, shall we? Bush is, by far, the most loathed and despised "president" in American history. Only the kooks still support him at all. That's now obvious to anybody who is at least semi-coherent. The Monkeys will always worship Bush and think he walks on water no matter what. It's like a degenerative brain disease resulting in hypnotized automatons who always have a lame ass excuse ready to roll to divert responsibility for Bush's conveyor belt of screw ups. These people are basically zombies from hell.

I must admit sir christie, noone can put it in a better way than you can. hahaha :D :p that was funny.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Enjoy today tommorrow is not promised

Quote:
I wonder how it feels to be the only president in history that could not take the traditional victory walk outside his car in Washington, due to the way he robbed the presidency. Republicans should be very proud about that.
Attached Images

Last edited by tommy4887 : 12-11-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Old 12-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
So, slighlty more than half of the population (and a lot more than half of the voters) are kooks IYO? Let's face it, shall we? Bush is the "President" and you're not! Suck it up, dude!
Hey Rawb, what does Sir Christies' large intestine look like from the inside?

Last edited by catch-22 : 12-11-2005 at 04:39 PM.

Old 12-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Gold Member

Pardon me, I am new here but I get a bug up my ass when I read where some body dis-respects the office of the President.....that's with a capital 'P', Sir Christie!

Last edited by catch-22 : 12-11-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Old 12-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch-22
Pardon me, I am new here but I get a bug up my ass when I read where some body dis-respects the office of the President.....that's with a capital 'P', Sir Christie!
excuse me for your coitus intreruptus or maybe i should say sleeepless in seatle moment in the annals of posterity(good ending!?) but..........where does the constitution say we as freethinkin monkeys of evolution(provided there is sucha thing)have the right to deride others for their equal(time will tell) but opposite opinions!?but as to the bug in the uncomfortable position of ownership of your soul which you openly profess i say this.JOIN THE CROWD!?capital "P" or not!?for if god is no respecter of persons then why should i be!?(or you!?)!?just askin!?OOPs!!time to take a PEE!!
:eek: :p :rolleyes:

Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Challenge Authority

Quote:

You have a bug up your ass simply because there are actually bugs in your ass.

But that's to be expected of anybody who is so abysmally, pathetically clueless and brain-dead that they would support the Bush Crime Gang. Try giving yourself an enema with RAID. Maybe it will clear your mind a little. Then you can try looking up the correct grammatical definition and usage of a proper noun.

Last edited by dchristie : 12-11-2005 at 05:19 PM.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx
excuse me for your coitus intreruptus or maybe i should say sleeepless in seatle moment in the annals of posterity(good ending!?) but..........where does the constitution say we as freethinkin monkeys of evolution(provided there is sucha thing)have the right to deride others for their equal(time will tell) but opposite opinions!?but as to the bug in the uncomfortable position of ownership of your soul which you openly profess i say this.JOIN THE CROWD!?capital "P" or not!?for if god is no respecter of persons then why should i be!?(or you!?)!?just askin!?OOPs!!time to take a PEE!!
:eek: :p :rolleyes:
(Great ending) Thankfully or not, I get to live all night and sleep all day, sometimes! Thank you very much, I would be happy to join in.
I do not hold the President above God but the need to PEE transcends all (mostly) all other bodily functions. Enjoy!

Old 12-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
You have a bug up your ass simply because there are actually bugs in your ass.

But that's to be expected of anybody who is so abysmally and pathetically clueless and brain-dead that they still support the Bush Crime Gang. Try giving yourself an enema with RAID. Maybe it will clear your mind a little. If that works, then try looking up the correct grammatical definition and usage of a proper noun.
Ooops! Didn't mean to get up your ass, Sir! You know me so well, yet we have never met. (Nor are we likely to). What does that last sentence mean? Did I make some sort of inexcusable grammatical error? Have I broken a rule I did not read about in the 'must not do' and 'must do's' when I signed up?

Please explain?

Old 12-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
So, slighlty more than half of the population (and a lot more than half of the voters) are kooks IYO? Let's face it, shall we? Bush is the "President" and you're not! Suck it up, dude!
Hey Rawb, what does Sir Christies' large intestine look like from the inside?
Say that again ?? Oh maybe that was just Bush passing gas again. He's gotta cut back on those neocon wings.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy4887
I wonder how it feels to be the only president in history that could not take the traditional victory walk outside his car in Washington, due to the way he robbed the presidency. Republicans should be very proud about that.
Now THAT is a good pic too. HAHAHA

Last edited by Rawb : 12-11-2005 at 09:16 PM.