report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

HydraCool, Inc. and Mark Champion

Does anybody know of this operation in Eugene, Oregon? I have heard that this Mark Champion likes to sell stock in Gold Mines in Canada, Chain saw guards and some type of new truck refrigeration system. I have checked on him and see 7 unpaid judgments on file in the Lane County Courthouse. He has been claiming to build this new equipment for more than 5 years now while all I can find is an office in the Oakmont area of Eugene. He is constantly in the Starbuck Coffee shop promoting his investments. I have heard he is a scam promoter and would like to confirm this. Any comments would be appreciated.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: HydraCool, Inc. and Mark Champion

I just came across this post today and was surprised. I thought they were out of business. I do know the truck refrigeration unit was developed by Gene Holt in Coos Bay. Anyone in the Basin Cafe in Charleston can tell you where to find him. I know because a friend of mine bought a unit from him and was told the guy in Eugene, Mark Champion, is a crook and a scammer. That was five years ago and I heard he had bilked people for more than 4 million since then. I would stay away from them. Put your money in food, at least you will get something in return.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is quite interesting in the fact that I was only doing a search for anything under my name and this came up. I can say that I would refrain from investing in anything without checking a company out very carefully. By carefully, I mean checking out their facilities and products first hand. If there is nothing to see than that should be a red flag. If there is a product, then make sure of the production schedule. Buyer beware is a good rule when investing in anything. Other than that, I am barred from saying anything.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: HydraCool, Inc. SeaBreeze Refrigeration

WARNING!! refrigeration units!! Big Scam

Be very carefull not to buy anything from GENE HOLT from Coos Bay Oregon..He has ripped off money from many many Fisherman all over Oregon,Washington and Alaska...Do not give this guy money or invest in anything he has to offer..He got me for over $20,000 cash and ran with it..Be very carefull!!

refrigeration units!! big scam..inventions..big scam!! Money Scams..

WARNING..Gene Holt hangs around the Basin Cafe in Charleston..He lives in Coos Bay..

Old 11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoosBayGene View Post
This is quite interesting in the fact that I was only doing a search for anything under my name and this came up. I can say that I would refrain from investing in anything without checking a company out very carefully. By carefully, I mean checking out their facilities and products first hand. If there is nothing to see than that should be a red flag. If there is a product, then make sure of the production schedule. Buyer beware is a good rule when investing in anything. Other than that, I am barred from saying anything.
You are a the biggest scammer of all coosbaygene/ Gene Holt..The guy they are talking about on here is your partner..You both are the biggest scamsters on the coast...Gene Holt stold money from me ($21,000 and from many other Fisherman from Alaska,Washington,Oregon..and who knows where else..DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM...

Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This guy is a real nutcase. Don't know who he is but he is full of BS. Must have smiled at his girlfriend or something. OH well, if there was any truth it this guys rantings, it would be in public records. For the truth, just ask me first. It is too bad that sites like this can't be held accountable for the postings of people who just want to harm others. The same applies to HydraCool.

Last edited by CoosBayGene : 12-05-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been asked by the owners of SeaBreeze Refrigeration to make a statement. Here it is:
I do not work for, or have any affiliation with SeaBreeze Refrigeration of Coos Bay, Oregon. Seventeen years ago I was part of SeaBreeze Refrigeration in Arlington, Washington. I had worked there for almost 20 years when expenses out stripped the capital on hand. In all that time, only one customer never received his equipment and that is the one who posted these malicious comments about me. There was one other customer who wanted more than he got and a few who cheated me. However, for all that time, there was never a lawsuit and I have promised to repay the one bad job if I could ever get the funds. So far, that hasn't happened. I regret that one bad mistake and never make it again. I quit marine refrigeration equipment in 1992 and don't want to ever have anything to do with it again. I retired in 2000. The people at SeaBreeze Refrigeration purchased the name from the previous owners for a token amount and without any assumption of any type of outstanding debt. It is sad that people can get away with this type of slander and if they persist I am sure the new owners will go after him. They know who he is and where he is located. On another note, I am not a partner, nor do I have any interest in HydraCool, Inc. as suggested by the poster. HydraCool, Inc. is a company in Eugene, Oregon, which is about 85 miles inland from Coos Bay. I hope this satisfies everybody and eliminates any possible need for legal litigation.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoosBayGene View Post
I have been asked by the owners of SeaBreeze Refrigeration to make a statement. Here it is:
I do not work for, or have any affiliation with SeaBreeze Refrigeration of Coos Bay, Oregon. Seventeen years ago I was part of SeaBreeze Refrigeration in Arlington, Washington. I had worked there for almost 20 years when expenses out stripped the capital on hand. In all that time, only one customer never received his equipment and that is the one who posted these malicious comments about me. There was one other customer who wanted more than he got and a few who cheated me. However, for all that time, there was never a lawsuit and I have promised to repay the one bad job if I could ever get the funds. So far, that hasn't happened. I regret that one bad mistake and never make it again. I quit marine refrigeration equipment in 1992 and don't want to ever have anything to do with it again. I retired in 2000. The people at SeaBreeze Refrigeration purchased the name from the previous owners for a token amount and without any assumption of any type of outstanding debt. It is sad that people can get away with this type of slander and if they persist I am sure the new owners will go after him. They know who he is and where he is located. On another note, I am not a partner, nor do I have any interest in HydraCool, Inc. as suggested by the poster. HydraCool, Inc. is a company in Eugene, Oregon, which is about 85 miles inland from Coos Bay. I hope this satisfies everybody and eliminates any possible need for legal litigation.
Gene when you took my $21,150 dollars you were operating under the name seabreeze..If you have sold it sence then..then thats your business..When you came down to my boat and gave me a quote for the job and wanted half the money up front..I wired $21,150 to your account..You then ran...You told me you had to use my money to get out of there..We then checked on you and your company threw the State of Washington to find out there were more people that had paid you and didn't get all the parts or the money back..you kept the money...I have contacted you a few times over the years and EVERY time your always going to pay me back and then your phone is disconnected..You also sent me a letter that said..sorry for the use of your money blah..blah..blah...I plan to pay you back..This has been like what sence 1993...You ripped me off Gene Holt...If you do not own any part of Seabreeze then Iam sorry for posting anything about that name..They are not at fault....Gene Holt is very much at fault..I just hate to see anyone get involved with you and get taken to the cleaners like you did to me..It cost me way more then just the 21 grand...It cost me 100s of thousands in lost fishing..

Old 09-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am amazed at people who don't know the facts. Bottom line, HydraCool is being unfairly blasted. Recent court documents are what count, not gossip.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It seems Gene is being blamed for that business partner being a rip off..Didn't Gene have to go after him too. Also May I ad. I have known Gene Holt for over 40 years. He does not scam or rip off. He is a very intelligent man that educated himself very well. I know of many of his units and inventions that are around the world. Also yes he is a very well liked and respected man at the Charleston Boat Basin..We love him to have coffee with us and toss ideas around. The man can fix anything. Anyway, I know Gene Holt. He is a good man.

Last edited by okaydj : 02-25-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I guess after reading it all again...EDUCATION...is the key here...

Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

"Education is the most important thing a person will ever purchase"..Thank you Gene Holt for purchasing your education..You use it to help others in need and we know that, even if some people don't ...(your Charleston Boat Basin gang)

Old 10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I can not speak to the voracity of the knowledge here regarding Mark Champion and his so-called ownership of HydraCool but I can speak about his personal character.

I have known the man on and off over the years and I can tell you that he has been at times less than honest in what he says. But I can also say that while he is not someone you can really trust as a businessman or partner I think it is true that being wary of HydraCool is key until you get all the facts.

There are always two sides to what someone says and that includes those here making such inflamatory statements about MC. I cant say that he is not a good man, but I can say he operates an awful lot questionable areas with questionable ideas.

Still, it is true that his business model has been based in litigation and not on truly selling the product or the company as a tier 1 product - which in my opinion it could have been.

I am not sure what the future holds for HydraCool but those of you who feel you have been burned by MC and others than all I can say is check the facts before you invest in this man or his so-called company.

If it helps, keep in mind MC is a gifted salesman and sadly, it seems he has often misused his talent.

Hope this helps.