report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2005, 01:52 PM

Google Scams

After failing to convince Google that they are endorsing hyip scams through their Adwords System, I have to post here as a last resort.

HYIP Scams on Google

POST HERE you have ever been scammed by Google Advertisements!
I have a few cases on my hand now.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:00 PM

Re: Google Scams

You can see hyip scam advertisements running live on my website's Google Adsense:
HYIP Scam Search

Old 11-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarukeys
After failing to convince Google that they are endorsing hyip scams through their Adwords System, I have to post here as a last resort.

HYIP Scams on Google

POST HERE you have ever been scammed by Google Advertisements!
I have a few cases on my hand now.
Simply stop using Google.
BTW, their ads with the search results suck all. It is not even relevant anymore.
Just a simple example when you search for 'scams' with Google, their is also ads like 'work from home, sign up now!', 'Make money online! Make $16000' etc.
That adwords is swamped and overflowing with crap ads. Users of adwords put in keywords that is not relevant anymore, because of the thousands of competitors. Google doesn't care a dime about what scamming website is being advertised. It is all about money and Google-don't-care about scams.
Because of Google bombing even their search results is starting to suck bigtime.

YAHOO RULES!!!!!!!!!

1. Google's immortal cookie:
Google was the first search engine to use a cookie that expires in 2038. This was at a time when federal websites were prohibited from using persistent cookies altogether. Now it's years later, and immortal cookies are commonplace among search engines; Google set the standard because no one bothered to challenge them. This cookie places a unique ID number on your hard disk. Anytime you land on a Google page, you get a Google cookie if you don't already have one. If you have one, they read and record your unique ID number.
2. Google records everything they can:
For all searches they record the cookie ID, your Internet IP address, the time and date, your search terms, and your browser configuration. Increasingly, Google is customizing results based on your IP number. This is referred to in the industry as "IP delivery based on geolocation."
3. Google retains all data indefinitely:
Google has no data retention policies. There is evidence that they are able to easily access all the user information they collect and save.
4. Google won't say why they need this data:
Inquiries to Google about their privacy policies are ignored. When the New York Times (2002-11-28) asked Sergey Brin about whether Google ever gets subpoenaed for this information, he had no comment.
5. Google hires spooks:
Matt Cutts, a key Google engineer, used to work for the National Security Agency. Google wants to hire more people with security clearances, so that they can peddle their corporate assets to the spooks in Washington.
6. Google's toolbar is spyware:
With the advanced features enabled, Google's free toolbar for Explorer phones home with every page you surf, and yes, it reads your cookie too. Their privacy policy confesses this, but that's only because Alexa lost a class-action lawsuit when their toolbar did the same thing, and their privacy policy failed to explain this. Worse yet, Google's toolbar updates to new versions quietly, and without asking. This means that if you have the toolbar installed, Google essentially has complete access to your hard disk every time you connect to Google (which is many times a day). Most software vendors, and even Microsoft, ask if you'd like an updated version. But not Google. Any software that updates automatically presents a massive security risk.
7. Google's cache copy is illegal:
Judging from Ninth Circuit precedent on the application of U.S. copyright laws to the Internet, Google's cache copy appears to be illegal. The only way a webmaster can avoid having his site cached on Google is to put a "noarchive" meta in the header of every page on his site. Surfers like the cache, but webmasters don't. Many webmasters have deleted questionable material from their sites, only to discover later that the problem pages live merrily on in Google's cache. The cache copy should be "opt-in" for webmasters, not "opt-out."
8. Google is not your friend:
By now Google enjoys a 75 percent monopoly for all external referrals to most websites. Webmasters cannot avoid seeking Google's approval these days, assuming they want to increase traffic to their site. If they try to take advantage of some of the known weaknesses in Google's semi-secret algorithms, they may find themselves penalized by Google, and their traffic disappears. There are no detailed, published standards issued by Google, and there is no appeal process for penalized sites. Google is completely unaccountable. Most of the time Google doesn't even answer email from webmasters.
9. Google is a privacy time bomb:
With 200 million searches per day, most from outside the U.S., Google amounts to a privacy disaster waiting to happen. Those newly-commissioned data-mining bureaucrats in Washington can only dream about the sort of slick efficiency that Google has already achieved.

Read further: http://www.google-watch.org/

So what you can do is stop using the ads as search results, and rather click on them for amusement. The editorial review of Google before ads can be placed can no longer be trusted. The days when one could trust the Google ads because of strict policies and quality reviews by Google are long gone.
Oh, and BTW, it won't help if you complain to Google that their Adwords became a playground for scammers.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:18 PM

I am not sure if that is true.
How do people behind google-watch know all these?
it doesn't seem like a professional corporate complaint site.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
freeboi

Google manages thousands of ads everyday. I don't think they would take the time to study each and every ad being set up by their advertisers. When Adwords was relatively new, a human always reviews the ads. But now I don't think they still do that.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:38 AM
cito

I think Google should do more to prevent these scams from using adwords as well as crackdown in scammers using adsense. Here is an example of crooks that anybody who cares should report to google adsense. This guy promotes scams and profits from the suckers that lose their money in them. Worse thing is that when you try to warn people in their forum about these scams, Loreta and rabbit the moderators there delete your posts and ban your account. Rainier the owner of the site backs them up. They have banned a ton of members there for going against the cult going on there.

Here are: www.hyipinvestment.com (adsense in the middle of the page) and its forum is www.hyipdiscussion.com (adsense all over). All advertising in hyipinvestment.com are scams. Rainier promotes those scams with affiliate id. So he invests in these scams and promotes them (federal offense - a crime)

Last edited by cito : 12-05-2005 at 02:43 AM.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeboi
Google manages thousands of ads everyday. I don't think they would take the time to study each and every ad being set up by their advertisers. When Adwords was relatively new, a human always reviews the ads. But now I don't think they still do that.
This is no excuse. They can write a script to make the process automatic.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:42 AM

Google improved a lot!
http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=
hyip ads reduced, at least now they don't span 3, 4 result pages.

Keep going on, spread the message around.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:52 AM

adwords/adsense still permeated with scams, but much better.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:24 PM

You can also post any Google hyip advertisement here:
http://ponziscams.com/smf/index.php/topic,84.0.html

Old 04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Bronze Member

This is a very interesting topic. I find post #3 by "6seven8" quite interesting.
At one time earlier late last year I received some info regarding something relating to googles blacklisting policies with regards to something I think was called the "Orwell Report". I since have lost all that info as I've had to wipe and reinstall my system due comp/virus problems back in Feb.
Robert :cool:

Old 05-02-2006, 02:59 AM

Do not allow scam ads on Google to thrive, shut them down.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Gold Member

It's slow yea, but still improving.
Give it some time, it's the biggest giant in case you didn't notice.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:12 AM

Improved a lot, keep going, don't stop.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

BIG BROTHER GOOGLE RULES

Old 06-09-2006, 10:08 PM

Much less hyip scams on Google now, but new one keeps popping up for some time before taken down. This is the bad thing, they usually don't check before allowing new ads to run.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarukeys
Much less hyip scams on Google now, but new one keeps popping up for some time before taken down. This is the bad thing, they usually don't check before allowing new ads to run.
I love Googles stand, they still bill you for showing the ads even if they shut off your adwords account.

So Click on the Google Ads that you think are HYIP/AutoSurf scams, then turn them into Google! LOL

Old 06-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Newbie Member

Google adsense is the bomb! Open source all the way. I hate that their are websites that charge people for this free knowledge and not only they fool them with their eloborate terms and conditions. The bottow line is that at no cost should anyone give a penny, especiallyfor shipping to anyone offering you to make money with google. With a little research and reading of forums and blogs like this you will earn everyhting you need to know and probably only in a few hours. If that.