report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

John McCain: Wrong to Attack Bush

John McCain: Wrong to Attack Bush
Sunday, Nov. 13, 2005

Sen. John McCain said Sunday that Iraq war critics who insist on claiming that President Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction are themselves liars.

"I think it's a very legitimate aspect of American life to criticize and to disagree and to debate," McCain told CBS's "Face the Nation." "But I want to say I think it's a lie to say that the president lied to the American people."

The Arizona Republican recalled his role on the Robb-Silverman Commission, which investigated allegations that WMD intelligence had been manipulated.

"I saw many, many analysts that came before that committee," McCain said. "I asked every one of them: 'Were you ever pressured politically or any other way to change your analysis of the situation as you saw?'

"Every one of them said no," he recalled.
McCain noted that "every intelligence agency in the world, including the Russian, including the French, including the Israeli[s], all had reached the same conclusion, and that was that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction."

"The more facts that come out, the better off we are," he added. "But I would not accept the premise the president lied."

Go to the CBS site and click the "Face The Nation" link and see the video.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Re: John McCain: Wrong to Attack Bush

LOL, this is getting too funny, Grim. It's like a schoolyard fight taking place on national television. Since when does a leader of a nation need someone to stick up for him? If he's lost the faith of those he leads, perhaps he should consider resigning from the position instead of allowing others to make him look weaker by sticking up for him.

He's a grown man after all. The next thing you know, Mommy Bush is going to come on television and chastise all of us. 'Naughty, naughty, people, picking on Little Georgie. No more cookies and milk for you!"

ROFL

Old 11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

It saddens me to see John McCain be nothing more than a prostitute for the RNC. How he can support these criminals is beyond me. I use to respect him but now, like a faithful floozy, he's out there shilling for the party at every opportunity. How in God's name can he defend Bush after the miserable mess he's gotten this country into. We use to fight against those monsterous dictators who used torture on prisoners. Now we've become that very monster. It sickens me to see how Bush Inc., is destroying our country. Got this from Doug Thompson's blog. I share his feelings about Bush.

Burn in hell, Mr. President
By DOUG THOMPSON
Nov 14, 2005, 07:51
Email this article
Printer friendly page

My first reaction when I read the transcript of President George W. Bush’s Veteran’s Day speech was anger. No, not anger. Rage. Blind rage.

How dare he, I thought. Not even the lowest, scum-sucking son of a ***** in politics would stoop to using a day to honor those who served their country would stoop to using that day to promote his lies-based, illegal, immoral exercise in mass murder called the invasion of Iraq.

Yes he would. George W. Bush is a pathetic, pitiless scrap of sub-human trash that lacks any shred of decency or morality. So why wouldn’t he desecrate the memories of those who serve our nation?

As a journalist, I’m expected to be dispassionate about events and those who shape them. But I cannot be so when it comes to Bush. He’s a liar and a traitor to the oath he swore when he became President of the country he now works so hard to destroy.

Bush is much, much more than just a bad president. He is a genuinely evil man, a raving lunatic who cannot face the fact that his insane policies have destroyed a once-great country called America. George Bush’s America is an arrogant bully distrusted by its allies, hated by most of the rest of the world and divided internally by his divisive, duplicitous actions.

I can no longer regard this maniac with journalistic dispassion. I may be a journalist but I’m an American first and, as an American, I cannot stand silent as a truly evil man destroys the country I love.

Polls show most Americans share my distrust of Bush. We all see him for what he is – a dishonest, opportunistic political beast who lets nothing stand in the way of his unbridled lust for power. He speaks of God at one moment and calls those who dare disagree with him “mother****ers” the next. He has, without blinking an eye, sent more than 2,000 American military men and women, along with countless thousands of Iraqi civilians, to their deaths in a senseless invasion based on manufactured “evidence” and outright lies.

Then he has the gall to stand up on the day we set aside to honor those who served and continue to promote his lies and call those who see the truth traitors who aid the enemy.

Sorry George. Your lies don’t play here or with the majority of American citizens. It is you who has sold out your country, who is a traitor and who has committed treason against your office, your country and humanity.

God may one day forgive you for your sins but I cannot. Neither can the wives, husbands, parents and relatives of those you sent to die in your dirty little war. Neither can memories of those who served, those we honored on Veterans Day and those whose memory you so callously dishonored with your propagandist pap.

On second thought, I’m not even sure God can forgive you for what you have done. You have lied and you have killed and those are sins that even an understanding God may have trouble forgiving.

If there is justice in the afterlife, you will stand and face that justice for your sins. And may you burn in hell for them.

© Copyright 2005 by Capitol Hill Blue

Old 11-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Allow me to share some thoughts about doug thompson...

....be thankful that the bravery of our soldiers has enabled you to live in a country where treasonous diatribes such as this do not get you killed. It is a pity, for you deserve no less. You are a gutless scumbag angered by the truth...that you and your fellow liberals are enboldened and encouraged by every American death in battle, that your cowardice and hatred of those who would die to protect your rights is apparent with every breath you take. We have witnessed the manifestation of your kind of 'patriotism' when the troops returned from Vietnam. You gleefully report on manufactured stories of American 'war-crimes' while burying anything that resembles progress or heroism. In a discussion of the heroism of veterans you have no horse in the race. You see, the vast majority of these men and women are proud of fighting for their country. That kind of overt, ACTUAL patriotism wins only scorn and pity from your kind. Your self-righteous 'anger' at the President is laughably incongruous...it is like putting a hat on a turd. How dare you chastise the President when you and your ilk have done everything but carry belts into buildings...our soldiers are fighting against your lies and propaganda each and every day...how many terrorists have your actions spawned? How many deaths are your hateful words responsible for? Help protect our troops and enable them to finish their mission by kindly killing yourself.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrone
You see, the vast majority of these men and women are proud of fighting for their country.
The point is, most of them are sent there to fight a war that was started for, quite possibly, all the WRONG reasons.

I have many close friends who went to Iraq who do not support the war at all. They see how it really is and they tell me when I have seen them for short periods where they get time on leave. One of them even had his enlistment extended by another year even though he doesn't want a damn thing to do with Iraq.

There's nothing wrong with fighting for your country. But are you really fighting to help protect it? Or just to further the ambitions and goals of an elite few of that country you wish to protect?

At this point, it seems like the U.S. is no longer fighting terrorists. These insurgents just want you out of their freaking country. Plain and simple. Those insurgents aren't terrorists. They're patriots for their country. Just like Vietnam. The U.S. thought they were protecting their best interests by going to Vietnam. But guess what, those Communists were patriots for their country as well and would not rest til the U.S. imperialists were gone. And guess what, when the imperialists left, things calmed down and went back to the way they were, exactly how the people of that country wanted it to be. Do you think U.S. citizens would sit down and accept it if China came and "liberated" us from the Bush regime?

Hell no. Even if we "Bush-haters" didn't agree with how Bush is running the place, we still wouldn't want some other country imposing it's idea of how we should live our lives and run our government.

Stop being delusional and think you're helping people when it's not really wanted. Spend your time and effort elsewhere where it's needed.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idshadow
The point is, most of them are sent there to fight a war that was started for, quite possibly, all the WRONG reasons.

I have many close friends who went to Iraq who do not support the war at all. They see how it really is and they tell me when I have seen them for short periods where they get time on leave. One of them even had his enlistment extended by another year even though he doesn't want a damn thing to do with Iraq.

There's nothing wrong with fighting for your country. But are you really fighting to help protect it? Or just to further the ambitions and goals of an elite few of that country you wish to protect?

At this point, it seems like the U.S. is no longer fighting terrorists. These insurgents just want you out of their freaking country. Plain and simple. Those insurgents aren't terrorists. They're patriots for their country. Just like Vietnam. The U.S. thought they were protecting their best interests by going to Vietnam. But guess what, those Communists were patriots for their country as well and would not rest til the U.S. imperialists were gone. And guess what, when the imperialists left, things calmed down and went back to the way they were, exactly how the people of that country wanted it to be. Do you think U.S. citizens would sit down and accept it if China came and "liberated" us from the Bush regime?

Hell no. Even if we "Bush-haters" didn't agree with how Bush is running the place, we still wouldn't want some other country imposing it's idea of how we should live our lives and run our government.

Stop being delusional and think you're helping people when it's not really wanted. Spend your time and effort elsewhere where it's needed.

How, or why, would anyone say that insurgents(terrorists) are patriots when the vast majority of Iraqis want them killed? Did all of those millions vote under threat of death so that you could call our common enemies "patriots".
Get a grip. And yes..things surely "calmed down" following our abandonment of Vietnam...it particularly "calmed down " for the several million human beings who were tortured and butchered.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:23 AM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

To think McCain would not play 'party-politics' is a foolish notion. Equally foolish would be to believe he would go out on a limb to publicly back something he didn't believe in.
I have a lot of respect for him... just my observation...

P.