report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2005, 03:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was scammed into becoming a MONEY MULE...require immediate advise!

I feel absolutly sick to my stomach with worry and anxiety...not to mention I feel like a COMPLETE idiot for being so nieve. Nevertheless, it happened. I found out what was going on when I got a paypal chargeback. Something clicked and I started investigating immediatly. Sure enough, I found out about the scammer who had frauded me. I've contacted paypal several times in the last day but I've recieved no reply. What would be my best actions to take. I've been unknowingly involed for a few weeks and unfortunatly assisted with 3 different money transfers. The first transfer is now comming back to haunt me because whoever got their paypal information phished has sent me a chargeback for about $950. That is now negative on my paypal account while they investigate the charge back. Without a doubt the other 2 will chargeback on me as well. Honest answer here please....will I be held responsible for recovering that money to paypal? Will something worse happen to me? Is there absolutly ANYTHING I CAN DO? Should I go to the police? This is absolutly the WORST thing that has happened to me in my entire life. I am 19 years old living in canada with my parents. I took a year off to save up enough money to help put myself through flying school, and I came across this "job opportunity" and figured it would be a good way to save up some extra money. I can't imagine what will happen if I will be responsible for about $4500.00 canadian dollars. This is a nightmare... If anybody has anything that could help my situation I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like I'm losing my mind not knowing what is going to happen to me.. Thank you in advance...

Old 11-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I was scammed into becoming a MONEY MULE...require immediate advise!

Start with the police.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Then call paypal don't wait for them to "contact" you.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Newbie Member

:confused: Hello
Sorry for your loss. Please submit name of scammers as this will help others to avoid your misfortune.
Dick

Old 11-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Silver Member

Keep hold of any evidence you have. It sounds like it was all electronic, but they key thing here is to keep the emails in a safe place with the headers. PRINT THEM out in case the scammers compromised your PC.

The headers will contain information about the actual source of any emails you've received - see http://www.haltabuse.org/help/headers/ for how to access them. PRINT THEM too.

Think about any personal information you've given the scammers, particularly anything of a financial nature. Change anything you think may have been compromised.

The police like bits of paper - so take a copy of the evidence to them. And yes, contact PayPal urgently too to advise them of the situation.

I hate to say it.. but ultimately, you are responsible for the financial loss and unless the scammers are caught, you will be out of pocket.

However, you're not the first person to fall for this and you won't be the last. What you *can* do is share all the information you have with the authorities in an attempt to shut the scammers down and eventually bring them to justice.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'd have to agree with Dynamoo on this one....Save as much evidence as you can, and stop sitting on your hands and contact the police, and paypal. The sooner the better. Waiting around just makes it seem like you were in on it too. Unfortunately, 9x's out of 10 you'll be held responsible for paying back the money. But, don't feel bad....it's just a lesson learned. Hopefully, in the future you'll know what to watch out for. ;)

Old 11-30-2005, 03:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm going through the same thing and began more intensive research on Ketler Secure Financing this afternoon. I found a great site which explains the process. Please see http://www.worldprivacyforum.org/

It tells all about how they work it.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Dear Jetasis,
First of all you have come to the right place for information. Please listen the the guys and girls in the forum, they will help save many headaches. Your best bet in my opinion is to keep calling Paypal until you get results. Let me as a question. Did you use a credit card to set up your paypal account. If you did, contact them also.
As Mr. Hambrice advised you. Get the name of the scammer in on this board. Anytime someone types this scammer company into the address bar, up will come the link for scam.com.. This may save the next victim a bit of headaches, so you see you can help others. And as Dynamoo told you also, print the emails from the scammers with the headers included. Next you need to file a complaint with the IFCC (Internet Fraud Complaint Center) This will get them exposed.
Now as for being ashamed, Don't be, you were a victim. but you can help stop some of this madness with the folks in here. These scammers pray on you weaker side and in your case you need to earn some money for your schooling. I would rather help someone who is trying than someone who is not. You will not catch me pointing a finger of guilt to anyone. I was scammed also for the tune of $33,000.00. and yes I survived. Learn, post, talk and help others to put your energies to good use in a positive way.
I am very sorry for you loss. It can only get better.
Peace be with you

Old 12-09-2005, 06:09 AM
isabelle

Home Career

Last edited by scambuster : 12-09-2005 at 03:53 PM.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well I feel sick in my stomach because I'm right there with you. And it appears Ketler has either taken down their website or someone else has taken it down for them and all e-mails are now bouncing to my "trainer". When I looked into it a few months ago, it seemed legit so I signed up and have received & transferred over $6K!!!!!!!!!! Now, when ePassporte terminated my account because of fraud, I searched even more and realize I've been had. Thinking I was helping my family it seems I have caused even more stress in my life. I don't know what is going to happen, but I've already contacted the FBI. I've yet to hear from them, but I want to do the right thing. I don't know what that will mean, though - whether jail time (Lord I hope not), fees, probation, etc. I'm mad because I was so foolish into believing it could be this easy to work from home. I'm upset because of what it might do to my family. I'm ashamed of my ignorance.

Ketler Secure Financing - a very costly SCAM!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2005, 04:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

And now it's my turn to join the blog of "complete *******s!"

This is a lesson well learned, I was scanned into believing that I was an distributor for Ketler Secure Finance, I did not use PenPal however, I used my own checking account (I know what a big mistake)

My bank account of five years dropped me like an hot potatoe. They said that the activities were illegal - I was told that I will get a refund back of the money that was left in my account, however, I questioned them to see if any charges were going to be filed against me ( at the time they said no because I did not have an outstanding balance) meaning the transfer I wire did not sit in their lap (yet) however, I feel so bad, I am applying for jobs (real) jobs and they will run background checks -- so I advised all don't do it never ever again in your life -- Face your punishment and pray that they have mercy on your soul.

I just submitted my report to the NSIC and I kept a spreadsheet on all transactions so they have the information. I will probably go file a police report as well.

What a sad way to start off the new year!!!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

*UPDATE*

Well it's been a few weeks now and I've filled a police report, contacted the IFCC, and made numerous attemps to contact paypal. I informed them of the situation but it seems like nobody at their help center will comment on it. My case was forwarded to the Economic Crime Section here in Edmonton. I'm still trying to debate with paypal whether or not I am fully liable for the cost, but if it does come down to the fact that I have to cough up the money, then that's something that I will just have to deal with I suppose. Just so everyone knows, the scammer copied the entire website of a company called NCC Group. I was indeed suspicious in the beginning but I did some research on NCC Group and saw that they were a legitamate company, traded on the london stock exchange, ect ect. The scammers email had a nccgroup.us domain so I ignored my gut instinct...big mistake. Luckily I didn't give away any sensitive information, so I think I'm relativly safe. I remember right before I started to figure all this out, the scammer told me that their system was under maintence and for me to use a temporary email which was a yahoo domain. a couple days later I never heard from him again and everything seemed to be shut down. I'm not sure if he got shut down or if he aborted the whole thing. Nothing would satisfy me more than seeing this SOB go to jail for the rest of his worthless life. ANYWAYS, lesson learned I suppose. Thanks to everyone who helped me out. If anything else changes, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Newbie Member

I was also scammed, but it was by a different "company" called Zebret Inc. www.zebret.com is/was their website, it is continually on and off. I did an online money transfer for them after I applied for their "position" on a website called Winnipegjobshop. When I went to check up on my bank account online I could not access it and was prompted to call the 1-800 number for it. They made me aware that the money I had process was fraudulent, and they told me to go directly to my bank and bring all correspondence and materials with me. I did so immediately, and the branch manager did not really know how to handle the situation, but he faxed away all my e-mails and correspondence to the corporate head office. I called the Fraud Department Manager and she was very good at explaining everything to me, and apparently they have had several of these wire transfers happen recently. She told me I am not responsible for the money transferred at all, and I voluntarily closed my bank account with them. Just a warning to everyone out there, www.zebret.com is a SCAM!

Old 01-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Newbie Member

I also have a quick question for anybody who can provide insight...As I mentioned in my above post, I applied for a "job" with this Zebret Inc, and I provided them with a resume as I thought it was an honest opportunity. They did NOT get any of my banking information,they only needed my e-mail address, as everything was done by Interac E-mail Money Transfer (and I closed that bank account)

Is it possible for them to steal my identity from only my name and address? I did not give out a SIN number or any banking information, and have since changed all my passwords to my e-mails and important pages etc.

Thanks for any info

Old 01-21-2006, 08:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

:mad: I got invovled with Ketler Secure Financing. I am not easily "boonswaggled". But I got taken on this one. I recieved American Express Travelers checks and completely checkd out the travelers checks that I cashed. I too held on to them for a while before cashing while it was investigated. American Express never got back to me. So I called again, and they told me it was a "clean" and "legal" transaction. I contacted the FBI who told me they had NO information on KSF, Ketler Secure Financing. WELL WELL WELL...I completed two transactions for them one was the travelers checks, the other was an epassport account. By the second I was feeling odd. The third, to my suprise came into my checking account in the amount of $9290.00!!! I did not send it. I called the FBI, they again said they had no other complaints of this company. They told me their was a chance they could be legal,but probably not. They told me to Hold onto the money, put it in an envelope if I had cash and DO NOT SPEND. With my wire transfer...we transferred the very large sum of money to another account, froze that account, and closed the checking account. This way when the company comes looking for the money (the credit card company from which it was stolen) we can return it or cancel it out or whatever they do since it isn't real money!!! It's a fraudulant credit card transaction.

I got all the info on the transaction from my bank, called the place where it originated (Bank One in this case) and gave them all the info. The man that owns the card from which this $9290.00 was transferred called his card in earlier this week as being fraudulantly used, the card was closed and they began an investigation. Of course they had not gotten to me yet, because It's too early. Thank goodness I turned myself in and called the FBI and called Bank one all on my own. The FBI says that because I called them and made the complaint, I am now the victim and can't be arrested and nothing can happen to me.

Now...here's the GREAT part. The reason there are not reports at the FBI is because in order for them to look it up, it has to be an open or active case, or a closed case which was once active. Unless the crime involved over $100,000.00 loss, they will not open a case. This is what Agent Jean Anderson of the Denver FBI told me. However, if evryone who has had dealings with them, calls it in to the same FBI unit, and they get multiple complaints...they can then go after this company. So, if anyone is interested, the number is 303-629-7171 and the agents name is Jean Anderson.

Now, I tried to quit before this large amount of money came in, because of your posts and my gut feeling and the fact that both the first and second transaction went to the Ukrain...I felt very uncomfortable. They told me I couldn't quit, I signed a contract, and had to give them two weeks and that the bank transfer was coming anyway!!! When I told them I contacted the FBI, they told me they contacted the FBI and cleared everything up..(yeah right) and to go ahead and send the money. If I didn't they would be in VERY BIG trouble. The client paid for his goods and expects them to be sent. They sort of threatened me..I can't remembe exact words, but if anyone wants a copy of the email...let me know!!! I will be happy to send it or even post it here. They called me two or three times on my cell phone...I didn't give them that number either. I couldn't understand but about a few words...called FBI, all good, send money. There was alot of other stuff, but thats all I could make out!!! The important stuff, right.

If your involved with this company...STOP. Call Authorties. You will not get in trouble. You may have to pay back any money you have already sent, if they come after you for it...however, that will happen anyway, even if you don't call authorities. The only difference is..if you don't, you go to jail for being the one stealing the money cus your name was used all over EVERYTHING...not theirs.

Good luck and Post about KSF wherever you can. When doing a search, nothing but this site really comes up. Start new blogs, do anything to get it on the search engine. People need to be able to find this when they google it.

Heather :mad:

P.S. just before I posted this same info to anothe site, I emailed KSF Inc. and told them I would not send their money, that it was stolen, and that I had contacted the FBI. When I was done posting, I went back to my email....they had gotten into it and completely wiped out ALL of my email folders. Everything is gone. Be Ware!!!

Old 02-25-2006, 01:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

you need to make absolutly sure you use the pay pal site to start with cause there are fake ones out there, then you have to close your browser completely out in order for no one to get your info...They have hints to how to check if it's a fake site, Then if you want to continue working on the computer open a new browser page for it..Never use a pay pal site plus others on the same browser page that's how people get your info...I'd call the police, then contact who ever else you need don't wait on them, also go to the bank and explain, the can stop e-checks or debits from your account....

Old 05-17-2006, 03:03 AM
Newbie Member

What ended up happening with you? (legally, etc) I am going through the exact same thing right now. I am just sick about it. I only worked for them for a week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Newbie Member

What happened to you legally, etc? I am in the same boat and sick sick sick over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetasis
I feel absolutly sick to my stomach with worry and anxiety...not to mention I feel like a COMPLETE idiot for being so nieve. Nevertheless, it happened. I found out what was going on when I got a paypal chargeback. Something clicked and I started investigating immediatly. Sure enough, I found out about the scammer who had frauded me. I've contacted paypal several times in the last day but I've recieved no reply. What would be my best actions to take. I've been unknowingly involed for a few weeks and unfortunatly assisted with 3 different money transfers. The first transfer is now comming back to haunt me because whoever got their paypal information phished has sent me a chargeback for about $950. That is now negative on my paypal account while they investigate the charge back. Without a doubt the other 2 will chargeback on me as well. Honest answer here please....will I be held responsible for recovering that money to paypal? Will something worse happen to me? Is there absolutly ANYTHING I CAN DO? Should I go to the police? This is absolutly the WORST thing that has happened to me in my entire life. I am 19 years old living in canada with my parents. I took a year off to save up enough money to help put myself through flying school, and I came across this "job opportunity" and figured it would be a good way to save up some extra money. I can't imagine what will happen if I will be responsible for about $4500.00 canadian dollars. This is a nightmare... If anybody has anything that could help my situation I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like I'm losing my mind not knowing what is going to happen to me.. Thank you in advance...