report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Hotel Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Summer Bay Resort

How can you say that you are NOT stupid, you the trusting consumer GAVE YOUR CREDIT INFO OVER THE PHONE. Its not Summer Bay's fault or the sales group, its your fault. Personaly I have been on many of these time share tours and I think Summer Bay was great. I got everything I was told and they put me in a condo at all three locations for free not to mention the 100 dollar discount. Please stop giving Summer Bay a bad name because you guys got had, if youre tired of being had then stop talking to the tellemarketers, just hang up the phone. :)

Old 09-20-2005, 08:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

There are other scams on this web site, and others, that I believe the readers should be aware of; go to any of the links below for more detailed information. Only vast public awareness will deter these scam artists; spread the word!

Sundance operates offices in Pennsylvania (2) , New Jersey (3) , Illinois (1) & Ohio. (1) They also operate as Sunquest Vacations, Sunstream Vacations, Travel Promotions and Tri-State Financial. It appears that they do their own financing at very high interest rates.

(1) http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=2575

(2) http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff135610.htm

(3) http://lesssense.blogspot.com/2005/0...ka-travel.html

(4) http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/g...-headlines-fla

(5) https://www.lawyersandsettlements.co...ation_contests

Last edited by Columbo : 09-20-2005 at 08:45 AM.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Newbie Member

And by the way you all can contact me a

Last edited by scambuster : 09-20-2005 at 04:48 PM.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

There are other scams on this web site, and other sites, that I believe the readers should be made aware of. The only way to deter these scam artists is through public awareness, spread the word. As is obvious, there are shills defending SBR, just as there are shills defending Sundance Vacations, but after awhile these shills become obvious. The more we spread the word, the less likely some unsuspecting innocent person will be duped. The web sites below are all self-explanatory, and I suggest that all readers peruse same.

(1) http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=2575

(2) http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff135610.htm

(3) http://lesssense.blogspot.com/2005/0...ka-travel.html

(4) http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/g...-headlines-fla

(5) https://www.lawyersandsettlements.co...ation_contests

Old 09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Newbie Member

A total stranger could get your number, create a pi

Last edited by scambuster : 09-20-2005 at 04:47 PM.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Newbie Member

I just now sold two more packag

Old 09-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Newbie Member

Call me at , daddy needs your money and some new shoes, so please have your credit card ready.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Newbie Member

Anybody who reads this please take time to scroll up and read all my entries, there are only 6 of them and they all speak the truth.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSummerBay
How can you say that you are NOT stupid, you the trusting consumer GAVE YOUR CREDIT INFO OVER THE PHONE. Its not Summer Bay's fault or the sales group, its your fault. Personaly I have been on many of these time share tours and I think Summer Bay was great. I got everything I was told and they put me in a condo at all three locations for free not to mention the 100 dollar discount. Please stop giving Summer Bay a bad name because you guys got had, if youre tired of being had then stop talking to the tellemarketers, just hang up the phone. :)
Here's a PM from this psychopath:

Moderator that knows all huh? Well know this, when masturbation has lost its thrill, Resort bashing is not the only fun left, you could suck my prick. Or you could just go puck yourself, either way you need to stay out of Summer Bay's Buisiness before we make it our buisiness, bucko.

He/she/it wasn't held enough as a baby, obviously.

Hugs and kisses,
Scambuster

Old 09-26-2005, 02:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Summer Bay Resorts - Updated

I Bought A Vacation From Summber Bay Resort And I Had A Great Time And Had No Complaints. I Have Bought Three Vacations From Them Over The Last Two Years And Never Had Any Problems. They Told Me Everything When I Was Transfered To There Veriification Dept And Told Me That I Had Seven Days To Cancel If I Needed To. They Also Gave Me The Phone Number Four Times Over A 45 Min Conversation With Two People And I Don't No Why You Buy A Vacation Package Any Way If You Were Just Going To Cancel It. Summber Bay Is A Resort I Would Like To Visit More Often.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Summber Bay Is A Great Company

The third grader gets a B- on this!
No Need To Capitalize Every Word!

Old 10-17-2005, 04:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Summer Bay Resorts is not a SCAM...

Summer Bay Resort is not a scam and of course registered with the BBB of Central FL and with The Divisions of Consumer Services of the State of FL.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Silver Member

Summer Bay Resorts - Updated

ATTENTION: THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF THE PREVIOUS THREAD ON SUMMER BAY RESORTS. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NEW TO THIS THREAD, THE INFORMATION BELOW IS A SUMMATION OF WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR PURCHASES FROM SUMMER BAY:

YOU HAVE 7 DAYS TO CANCEL THIS VACATION PACKAGE. SEND A CANCELLATION VIA FAX AND MAIL WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION TO SUMMER BAY IMMEDIATELY TO:
(Fax: (352) 242-0870 & (407) 875-0152)

[SAMPLE LETTER]

(Date)

Summer Bay Resort
25 Town Center Blvd.
Suite C
Clermont, Fl 34714

Via fax & Priority Mail-Delivery Confirmation

RE: (Put in the vacation code number they gave you or your name, phone number and email address here)

To Whom It May Concern:

Per the Terms and Conditions of the Summer Bay Resort Vacation Package your company attempted to sell me by phone on (date that you purchased the vacation), which states “THE PURCHASER HAS FULL RIGHT TO CANCEL HIS/HER ORDER AT NO PENALTY WITHIN 7-DAYS FROM THE INITIAL OF THEIR PHONE ORDER”, I am canceling this order, effective immediately. This letter will also be faxed to your address in Clermont, FL and mailed via Certified Mail-Return Receipt today.

Sincerely,

(your name)

cc: (your credit card company or bank)
Mr. Charlie Crist, Florida Attorney General

THEN GO TO WWW.BEGINMYVACATION.COM AND LOG ONTO YOUR ACCOUNT USING YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS. PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR CONFIRMATION LETTER WHICH INCLUDE A COPY OF THE SBR "TERMS & CONDITIONS". HIGHLIGHT THE CLAUSE THAT SHOWS THAT PURCHASERS HAVE A 7 DAY CANCELLATION OPTION. TAKE ALL OF THAT, ALONG WITH YOUR PROOF OF FAX AND MAILING)* TO YOUR BANK AND INITIATE AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE DISPUTE (FOR CREDIT CARD USERS, CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND OPEN A DISPUTE). USUALLY SUMMER BAY GIVES YOU A REFUND WITHIN 48 HOURS, BUT IF THEY DON'T, THE AFOREMENTIONED ACTIONS WILL BE YOUR BACK-UP.

ABOVE ALL, DO NOT BOTHER TO CALL IN YOUR CANCELLATION!!! ALL YOU WILL GET IS THE RUNAROUND UNTIL THE 7 DAY PERIOD HAS PASSED.

Dozens of purchasers have gotten refunds using this information. If you want to read the "history" of this complaint, read the other thread, SUMMER BAY RESORTS.

GOOD LUCK!

* After you send your fax, print out a transmission report which is like a "receipt". If you fail to get a report, print out an activity report from your fax machine. It will show the last 15 to 25 transmissions and receptions made on your machine.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Summer Bay Resorts - Updated

Silly me decides to waste my boredom by actually calling the pop up add!
1 800 420 7087, number called, CSR said his name was Joe Peterson. Very persuasive, asking for that CC, all the while asking me to even grab my mothers CC statement to book! I think thats a tad extreme. I never gave any onfo out though. I think when someone pressures this much, it goes beyond any rebuttal book I ever read.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have recently witness the new “low of lows”. I was approached by William Michael Flinn, and Michael Kirshenbaum to run one to two of their telemarketing rooms. They are operating nowhere near the legal way to do things. They are operating out of several small rooms in Hudson, FL. You can find the headquarters on HWY 19 behind a club called Lollipops. The main room has “Video Readers of America” on the door (which is obviously fictitious), and they have licenses as VIP TRAVEL.

Floridians, as well as other Americans need to know they are not safe with companies like this still able to operate.

I left the company after 6 days, due to many of the things I witnessed. Below, you will find a list.

-Claiming that they are Summer Bay Resort, in Orlando, right next to Disney. They are not even affiliated, and SBR is in Clermont, FL.
-Telling people on the line that they are “safe, protected by the Consumer Protection Act” anytime they use a credit card over the phone, that the card issuer “will refund your money” if the vacation isn’t exactly as promised.
-Also telling potential clients that the “verifier will be recording the next part of the call on a tape to be filed with your bank.” Only 2 of the rooms (out of 5 or so) were actually recording, yet everyone was told this. AND- I have witnessed agents telling callers that the call WAS being recorded for their protection. Obviously, it was not.
-No employees or managers filled out 1099. I asked several times and was handed a personal check and cash.
-Verbal contract to pay $1000 weekly. Failed to do so. When I left, they told me my next check would be $500. They sent a personal check for $300.
-Merchant accounts frozen several times due to not abiding by FL rescission law.
-Running credit cards from several personal PAYPAL accounts when their merchant accounts are frozen.
-One owner (Victor) owns “Ecstasy”, a strip club on HWY 19 where prostitution takes place on a nightly basis.
-******** employees, and not abiding by labor laws. Also, allowing 15 year children to handle sensitive credit card information.
- Michael Kirshenbaum has had major drug arrests and is planning to spend jail time in JAN, but the parents of some of the kids working for him have no idea.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello,

I normally regard myself as fairly intelligent but still I rang the so called free number advertised on a pop up to enquire. When I found out money was needed then and there I told the operator thanks but no thanks, and then was put onto a fellow (who called himself Frank) who for the life of me I could not get off the phone. Normally I would have hung up, but seeing as it was a free call decided to let him do his speal. When I said I was not interested he basically implied I was stupid, that I obviously did not understand what a good deal he was offering blah blah blah. Anyway when I said NO, he rudely informed me that he was then going to bill me the cost of the call and hung up. I rang my phone provider to be told that a free call was a free call; that I couldn't be billed for a free call. Anyway I've checked my account on the net and found out I have been billed $1.10 and next to it it states free call. As it is Sunday I will have to wait until the morning to find out how on earth I could be billed for ringing a freecall number.

It's been refreshing to read other postings on these scammers. Bloody rude ones they are too!! So FRANK who ever you are, you are one hell of a !@#$% arshole.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Just a great company who employ rude, obnoxious, sales people who could sell christianity to satan, and then when you politely say no, get billed for ringing their freecall number. Really great company.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Silver Member

For those of you who would like to read reviews from others who have not been quite so satisfied with their Summer Bay Resort vacation, please go to:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...t_Florida.html

That way you will be able to make an informed decision.

....and the correct spelling is "SUMMER BAY", not "SUMMBER BAY" :eek:

And those of you who have just purchased a Summer Bay Resort "vacation package" and want to exercise the 7-day cancellation option, please go to the "Summer Bay - Update" thread to get the address and fax number.