report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Global Investment Group

What I have found for that address is a company called Blue Army USA and HQ Global Workplaces..... I am wondering if it has anything to do with it...

Old 11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Newbie Member

http://offices.hq.com/services/defau...AV-TAB&grp=OFF

this is the site that I found for the HQ Global Workplaces at the same address as Global Investment look at the website and tell me what you think about this company and the connectivity that there could be between the 2 companies............ let me know your opinions about this so I know I'm not losing my mind...

Old 11-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Newbie Member

I checked it out and it looks to me like they were renting office space. SO they probably just rented it for a couple of months. Got our money and left. I am going to call the HQ Rep and see if I can get any information

Old 11-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Newbie Member

There are also 2 places in Toronto for this business

Old 11-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Newbie Member

Well I talked to a rep and she said that there hasnt been a company there by that name. She replied "NO" pretty fast when I asked her so she just might be telling a Fib.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Newbie Member

Look at this, I got this off of their website, so these people could be anywhere.

Virtual Office
Enjoy all the benefits of having a fully functioning office without moving from your present location, including priority access to our offices and meeting rooms worldwide when you're on the road:

Prestigious business address - Choose from 750 world-class addresses for use on your business cards, letterhead and marketing materials
Mail collection and forwarding - Mail is collected, packages are signed for and sent to you according to your instructions
Preferred rates on office supplies and couriers - Receive discounted rates on FedEx and more
Access ready-to-use offices and meeting rooms - Work from any of our locations around the world
On-demand administrative and technical support - Access to our administrative and technical IT support teams
A local phone number in any of our 350 cities - Provide a local phone number to all your contacts
Personalized call answering - Professional receptionist answers your calls in your companys name according to your specifications
Call redirecting - Specialized technology enables call redirection to your primary number
Voice mailbox - Remote setup and retrieval of your personal voicemail 24/7
Incoming and outgoing faxes - Use our local fax number; we'll collect and send faxes to you, wherever you are
Lobby listing - Your company will be listed in the lobby along with all building tenants
16 hours of private office time - Work from a professionally furnished and equipped office, in your location, for 16 hours a month*
Starts at US$200/month

I am going to call them too and see what they say, because it seems like they may be knowly allow people to scam people.

And the number 1-800-432-4271 that Global Investment Group gave us, when you call it now it says "Your Universal Office Account has been subspened" So if we can find out who Universal Office is maybe we can find out who the number was given too.

Last edited by Quyana02 : 11-23-2005 at 07:57 PM.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Newbie Member

I looked up Universal office and I got this web site www.genievirtualoffice.com.
This looks like this may be who they use for the phone system, but I don't see a number or address to contact them.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Newbie Member

I have contacted PhoneBusters and let them know more information of what we have found out about the different companies that we have found and they are going to foward them to the police departments that have the file.... I think that as long as we keep working on this as fast as we have been that we have a very good chance of finding them. Especially since the account at universal office is still OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Newbie Member

Hey guys if you need to get ahold of me my e-mail is devil_8531@yahoo.com, I check it quite frequently.

Old 11-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Newbie Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets all be thankful that we have gotten this far with our investigation and just remember that this is a time consuming process that can't be done over night. no one give up and keep your heads up our money will be back in our pockets before you know it... WE'LL SEE TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Newbie Member

Hey everyone,
Happy thanksgiving, I'm sorry that we are all connected through this big mess. Obviously, there is not much that can be done today, but are we all in agreement to contact Joann with our information? I also want to ask your opinion, I never even received loan papers from these guys. The only "evidence" I have is my receipt from MoneyGram. Do you think this is enough to get my money back if it goes to court? I already filed a complaint with phonebusters, the ftc, and MoneyGram. Tomorrow I plan to file a complaint with the AG-Oregon and I might wait until Monday to try to contact Joann, she may be out of the office for a 5 day weekend with the holiday. Keep trying everyone.

Old 11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Newbie Member

ANOTHER GOOD PLACE TO FILE A COMPLAINT IS WITH THE AG FOR YOUR STATE. tHE MORE AGENCIES THAT WE CAN GET INVOLVED THE BETTER..

Old 11-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff4007
Hey everyone,
Happy thanksgiving, I'm sorry that we are all connected through this big mess. Obviously, there is not much that can be done today, but are we all in agreement to contact Joann with our information? I also want to ask your opinion, I never even received loan papers from these guys. The only "evidence" I have is my receipt from MoneyGram. Do you think this is enough to get my money back if it goes to court? I already filed a complaint with phonebusters, the ftc, and MoneyGram. Tomorrow I plan to file a complaint with the AG-Oregon and I might wait until Monday to try to contact Joann, she may be out of the office for a 5 day weekend with the holiday. Keep trying everyone.
You know I didn't receive loan papers from them until after I had sent the money. But your receipt from MoneyGram should be enough because it will show that you did send these people money, and they picked it up. And you wouldn't be sending these people money just for the hell of it. Now that I think about it I talked to JoAnn the first time I called the AG, someone transfered me to her because she was the supervisor there, so she may have agreed to work us because she has been receiving a lot of complaints about these people. I filed my complaint with the F.T.C, I tried to talk to scott at MoneyGram, but I don't think he was in yesterday, but I will try tomorrow and call phonebuster.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

Old 11-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Newbie Member

I just filed with phonebusters, I don't know if they told everyone this, but he told me if you have given these people your bank account numbers to go and close them Immediately, they will try and take money out of your account. I luckly didn't.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff4007
So, how do we contact the AG's office in Oregon?

There number is 503-229-5576 in Portland but you can actually get the form from theirwebsite www.doj.state.or.us print it off and mail it to them that's what I did.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lengland
dado did you actually talk to anyone on this number or is it just one that they had given you?

On which number lengland because the one number is a fax number the other I listed was from information but they only give you the likeness of the listing if it is not exact. But the 800 number we all had was the only number I spoke to those two yahoo's on

Old 11-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
http://offices.hq.com/services/defau...AV-TAB&grp=OFF

this is the site that I found for the HQ Global Workplaces at the same address as Global Investment look at the website and tell me what you think about this company and the connectivity that there could be between the 2 companies............ let me know your opinions about this so I know I'm not losing my mind...

Hello Lengland and fellow victims. I looked at the website and contacted there customer service I advised the address was traced back to them she gave me a name of Barry Lowery who would rent these office spaces in that area and gave the number to contact him @ 503-293-8400 select option 4 then 1 for his voice mail I left him a message for a call back but did not go into detail as to why. This will ensure him to contact you back so he will not feel threatened. So when you get him on the phone then educate him as to why you want to speak with him this way he will begin to give up information you would otherwise have to have subpeonaed in court the more we are on the same page the better

Old 11-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
ANOTHER GOOD PLACE TO FILE A COMPLAINT IS WITH THE AG FOR YOUR STATE. tHE MORE AGENCIES THAT WE CAN GET INVOLVED THE BETTER..

I am also in columbus give me a call 614-917-3031 again my name is Jeff