report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Banned

Tough Love vs Spanking - Good Argument

Most people think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of Ďthose moments.' (Americanadian Moment)

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say itís the vibration from the car, others say itís the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

P.S. This works with grandchildren, nieces, and nephews as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Luka : 01-01-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 PM
The Solitary Flame

Re: Tough Love vs Spanking - Good Argument

Interesting....

So, what if the parent of a child that is misbehaving does not have a car? Then what?

As a child I used to get beaten with a wooden stick, although it didn't kill me, I believe there are other effective ways to discipline children without the need for smacking or beating though. Additionally, beating/smacking kids can make them more rebellious at times.

Knowing how to talk to teenagers and children is more effective and taking away those vices that they love so much such as TV, Computer games etc is more effective than a smack, in my opinion.

Also, sitting down and talking to them one to one is very effective too, as well as treating them with some respect as opposed to shouting at them all the time, because shouting does not always work.

Personally, I do not have any kids, but I did mentor and work with kids for a year and witnessed some challenging behaviour, also I have a niece and when she stays with me she is as good as gold.

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are!

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Last edited by BAILEYSCREAMS_REVENGE : 01-01-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Challenge Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka View Post
Most people think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of Ďthose moments.' (Americanadian Moment)

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say itís the vibration from the car, others say itís the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

I've heard the best way for those like yourself to reward positive behavior in their offspring is with a banana.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Priceless. Thanks for the laugh, really needed that.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:

OMG! Thats hysterical:) I was sucked in there for a bit! LOL!

PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION.....ENFORCE OUR LAWS.:mad:

What are reparations? Making me pay
for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
something I didnt do and someone else would recieve a settlement
for an injury they did not suffer.[/b]

By D.B.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:10 PM
The Solitary Flame

I thought that this may be some kind of joke after I had already posted my 5 pence worth, LOL.

Oh, well.

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are!

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!