report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2005, 09:01 PM
12DP Thread Hater and Free Gift Getter

Having problems with DISH Network? Let me Help...

Hello all, I worked in a Dish Network Call Center and I was a customer Support Rep... at the time I left I was considered a Level 3 rep and was partially trained to take escalated calls when normal reps could not handle the calls. I know a lot about DISH Network and how it works and I am here to answer your questions and tell you the TRUTH about what goes on behind the scenes...

Have you been screwed by Dish Network or are you currently being screwed by them?

Have you have your service interrupted for no reason and then told to pay more than you expected to have it restored?

Has your automated payment suddenly been denied for no reason or "bad account number?"

Has an installer ruined your roof or deck or whatever?

Ask me what you need to do and I'll tell you how to Beat Dish Network at their own game...

Old 08-24-2005, 02:49 AM
Banned

Re: Having problems with DISH Network? Let me Help...

Ok, I didn't see this thread when I posted last. Thanks for starting it!
I think I'll go back to American. I worked service support, & had to correct "the problems" in customer records there....so I know they don't ask you to lie!

Last edited by PAYEK : 08-24-2005 at 02:53 AM.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently I was approached by a Dish Net work retailer that claimed to rep for Direct TV & Dish Network both, he has been working and selling in the Mobile Home park I live in for about 3 months...
I told him I still had 4 or 5 months left on my contract with Direct so could not change over yet, he said he could cancel the contract with Direct TV V and would write that on his contract... He installed Dish the next day on 08/09/05.. No problem with the satellite service but now I just received a bill from Direct TV . I called them and explained that The rep from Orion had cancelled the contract out and installed Dish Network instead.
I was informed very nicely by a Direct TV Rep that Orion could not cancel my contract, only I could. I told the Direct TV rep that I had been conned and asked him what could I do, he said he would put the Direct TV on "suspend" so that I would not get charged by them for this next upcoming month... I had already paid for August to Direct and am out that fee of $50.97 paid for this last month because Orion did not cancel the service.
Once I realized I had been scammed by the Dish Network Representative from Orion Satellite Services I started calling the rep and after about 7 messages into his Cell number 801 473-6890 and no return calls I dialed the local "office" number 951 526-2004 and asked them to have the Rep "Lance call me back back, that did not happen so I called again and asked for the mailing address of Orion and was told it was in another state and they would have to get it for me, he claimed the 951 526-2004 number "was not in Hemet". I called the Hemet Police Dept. and they said it is not a criminal matter that I should contact the BBB for this area.
Then I called and talked to a Supervisor at Dish Network and was told I would have to take the matter up with the Orion Rep Lance...(circle number one) I then asked to speak to their legal department and told her that your rep has misrepresented the company, I threatened Dish with the BBB, the DA and the newspapers but got the same response from again from them about talking to the Orion Rep... He denies any wrongdoing even though it states in his handwriting to "Call and cancel Direct TV" on the contract. Dish also told me if I return to Direct that they would go after me for the early cancellation fee... Now I look back on this I can see I was scammed and feel a little foolish but all the people I have contacted so far just keep telling me I need to retain a lawyer and sue Orion which we know is so costly and prohibitive that I can not do that. He is doing this to other senior citizens in the area, any advice or help you can give me would be greatly appreciated...
Dave

Old 08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
12DP Thread Hater and Free Gift Getter

Hi Dave, This sounds like several phone calls I received and you are right... you were scammed by the Orion Rep. However, there is a number you can call where you can complain about the contractors who represent Dish Network. I will find the number in my training materials and post it here for you in the next couple of days. If you can, dig out the contract copy that was given to you. YOu'll probably need to fax that. Dish may not refund you any money but at least you can make them aware of Orion's tactics. Their a-wipes in my book.

As for PAYEK... I was indeed told to lie by DISH NETWORK SUPERVISORS to the extent that they know there is a known problem with their payment system yet they continue to have us blame it on the customer. Also... it should be explained to customers that they will be charged for equipment and it will be automatically debited from their CC or the LAST credit card that was used to make a payment on the account... If your mom pays your bill one month... it's her account that will be charged the ridiculous fees for equipment... equipment that can be purchased on Ebay for %1000 less... brand new.

Why anyone would leave Direct TV for Dish Network is beyond me. Dish couldn't pay me to have their service.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:54 AM
Banned

I went back to American Airlines last week & got my job back! I don't want to work for Dish anyway.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Banned

DethLOK....
When I posted this.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYEK
Ok, I didn't see this thread when I posted last. Thanks for starting it!
I think I'll go back to American. I worked service support, & had to correct "the problems" in customer records there....so I know they don't ask you to lie!
I was talking about American doesn't ask us to lie. I have NO IDEA about Dish Network. I actually listened to what you said....I went back to American last week....I decided NOT to go to work for Dish.
I appreciated your info. It may have saved me from a bad experience. :cool:

Old 09-01-2005, 06:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethLOK
Hi Dave, This sounds like several phone calls I received and you are right... you were scammed by the Orion Rep. However, there is a number you can call where you can complain about the contractors who represent Dish Network. I will find the number in my training materials and post it here for you in the next couple of days. If you can, dig out the contract copy that was given to you. YOu'll probably need to fax that. Dish may not refund you any money but at least you can make them aware of Orion's tactics. Their a-wipes in my book.

As for PAYEK... I was indeed told to lie by DISH NETWORK SUPERVISORS to the extent that they know there is a known problem with their payment system yet they continue to have us blame it on the customer. Also... it should be explained to customers that they will be charged for equipment and it will be automatically debited from their CC or the LAST credit card that was used to make a payment on the account... If your mom pays your bill one month... it's her account that will be charged the ridiculous fees for equipment... equipment that can be purchased on Ebay for %1000 less... brand new.

Why anyone would leave Direct TV for Dish Network is beyond me. Dish couldn't pay me to have their service.
Hi... I sent an E-M to Dishh Network Customer Service and 4 days later I have never received a reply from them...
I am now going to be pursued from Dish Network if I cancel the account or by Direct TV if I cancel cancel early. Direct TV has at least "suspended" the account for one month so I have a little time to try to get this figured out with out having to pay two Satellite service's....
I would appreciate that phone number from you...
Thanks Dave...

Old 09-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I E-Mailed DeathLok with my experience from a Dish/Orion Satellite Sales Rep and you stated you were going to post a phone number of who to contact Regarding the Scam I got caught in...
I am still waitng to see that phone number to be posted by you?
Dave_hemet-2543
--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hello all, I worked in a Dish Network Call Center and I was a customer Support Rep... at the time I left I was considered a Level 3 rep and was partially trained to take escalated calls when normal reps could not handle the calls. I know a lot about DISH Network and how it works and I am here to answer your questions and tell you the TRUTH about what goes on behind the scenes...

Have you been screwed by Dish Network or are you currently being screwed by them?

Have you have your service interrupted for no reason and then told to pay more than you expected to have it restored?

Has your automated payment suddenly been denied for no reason or "bad account number?"

Ask me what you need to do and I'll tell you how to Beat Dish Network at their own game...

Old 04-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I could use some help here. I had Dish Network about three years ago back in Seattle, Washington. It was okay nothing to write home about but okay. I had the month to month deal, no contract. When we decided to move back to Florida, I closed the account. Sent the equipment back and paid the final bill.

Three years later I check my credit report and these jerks have a collection account on me for $78.00 I contacted the collection agency AFNI, Inc and ask for proof of this bill. I received nothing. I did a bit of research and found that there are tens of thousands of people that they have done this to. Dish Network recently lost a Class Action Suit for fraudulent billing but they keep right on screwing their past customers.

Quote:

Old 05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been a dish network customer for over 8 years. About one month ago, I moved. Originally, when we placed the move order, I upgraded my equipment and paid the $299 for their new DVR/HD receiver. My credit card was charged, but a day before the move, I still had not received my new receiver. With a call to dish, I was told that it was never ordered. I KNOW it was- how else would they know to make a $299 charge on my visa? Problem solved by them refunding me with no delivery of new receiver. (Thursday) Day before installation at new house Dish shows up. We were at the house painting and I told the guy he was there a day early. I should have known right then and there this was the beginning of a nightmere. Im able to reschedule the installation for Sunday. I had previously told dish that my house was only equipt with one coax outlet and this was a full install for the rest of our existing receivers. Up on the roof they go- installation appears to be complete but very sloppy. Everything works so I am somewhat satisfied. This past week in Chicago has been a very rainy one. I come home one day to some saturated drywall in our vaulted ceiling family room. As we pull the couch away from the wall discover that the water has leaked down the wall and has started to penetrate the heat register near the floor. Husband goes in attic to find that leak is coming from the dish installation. DN brought the co-ax cable into my home by pulling the flashing away from the soil stack in the roof and feeding the cable down next to the soild stack. Big gaping hole and daylight shining through appears right next to the cable. Water has dripped down through the hole, pooled and saturated insulation in attic and dripped down inbetween the wall. Furious, husband calls DN to complain. We are told they will be out in 3-5 days to "check it out". Meanwhile its raining into my home. We are able to negotiate a field supervisor to come out and take pictures of the damage. As his camera didnt work, we had to photograph everything and send via email. Its now been 3 days and we havent heard from them. The extent of the damage is as follows.....two 100 sq. ft pieces of drywall and insulation will need to be replaced. Mold cleaned up. Room and ceiling repainted with custom paint. reinstall dish the proper way. Fix flashing and roof and I will miss several days of work in order for this to be supervised. Problem is that I dont trust these guys at all. What do I do?????????

Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM

Only a fool would install something like a Dish on the roof and route the cable like they did. Idiots. Morons.

You could try contacting Dish and see how far up the ladder you can get. Ask for supervisors.

Beyond that you can try small claims court. While you could fix it all yourself if you paid someone you are looking at a $3,000 to $10,000 job.

Beyond that there is homowners insurance. Maybe give agent a call and see what they say?

Old 06-10-2006, 07:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I can't believe Echostar/Dish Network can stay in business the way their customer service hemorhages subscribers. They must rely on getting new ones because I can't believe anyone would re-up for their abuse.

I contracted for HD service and receiver in September and things were installed shortly after. Except that I felt the HD channels looked like crap. I thought it must be my TV, that I hadn't selected the proper settings or something. I'm not the type to complain until I'm sure a problem is not my fault. Well, I was wrong, it was THEIR fault.

The "genius" that installed my system hooked the HD outputs of the receiver to the standard inputs on my TV. After I disassembled my home theater system (no small feat) I fixed that mistake.

Still no HD so I checked the programming on my receiver and found it had never been setup for HD by the installer so again I fixed his error. And again I had no HD so I called "customer service" at Dish Network. I found that even though the installer, Dish Network and I all had signed copies of the contract which proved I specified HDTV and paid extra to lease the HD receiver it had never been turned on.

I asked that it be turned on and much to my dismay, sorry but I love that phrase, I was told that my recently aquired equipment was now obsolete. "Customer service" informed me that I would have to pay for a new install and equipment if I wanted HD and they quoted me a "special" price of $50. Well I checked the website and damn if that isn't the price everyone gets! The programming price would also be doubled. I was informed that this was all my fault because I didn't ***** soon enough!

I asked if others who signed on for HD when I did were still getting the programming at the price I contracted for. Yes they said, but because I wasn't getting it, despite the fact that I had a contract for it, I couldn't get that package. Another alternative they offered was I could use my "obsolete" receiver and pay for the new programming but only get the old package. Twice the money for one fourth service?

My advice? Cable, DirecTV or go without! Can you imagine what things would be like it the Echostar/DirecTV merger had gone through?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Newbie Member

www.al7bar.tk :) Need I say more.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Guess it comes as no surprise that I have been "scammed" by a Dish "Affiliate AGENT" and DISH convieniently turns their head. The "Affiliate / Agent" brags that they are the third largest agent for Dish. This is E-Management Group out of Boca Raton, Florida, and is doing business as MyDishNow.

I responded to an internet advertisement/promotion declaring:

FREE 4 rooms
FREE DVR upgrade
FREE HD upgrade
FREE Installation

includes your choice of FREE gift from a nice selection which includes an I-pod, a Disney trip/vacation, an LCD monitor, and more.

A salesman from this outfit contacted me in response to me answering their online ad and we had a lengthy conversation about my current TV system, which was a DirecTV system that included Ultimate TV in both the living room and master bedroom. This is the equivilent of a stand-alone DUAL-DVR in each room so I could watch TV on one channel while recording another channel IN EACH ROOM. We discussed this and talked about the only reason to even consider switching would be the HD upgrade. The salesman asked several times "Are you sure your TV is HD capable?" After I convinced him I knew the difference and was certain that my TV was indeed HD capable, we proceeded with the order. I think it was pretty clear in the total context of our conversation we were ABSOLUTELY discussing HD and this was the only reason I would even consider switching. He agreed and said he would have to call me back when he could schedule an install. 20 minutes later, he indeed returne the call with the scheduled installation 2 days later (Friday).

When the installer finally arrived at Noon on Friday, I quickly discovered that there was a severe communications problem. The installed could not speak English and I could not speak his language. We "gestured" our way through as best as we could. He could say English words, but obviously had no clue as to what he was saying, just like a parrot mimmiking sounds. He did seem to understand Yes and No ok. I requested to find out if he had brought the equipment that had been discussed and it turned out he had NOT brought any HD equipment at all. A look at his work order indicated a DUAL DVR - 625 for the living room, to be shared with the master bedroom, and a DUAL receiver - 322 for the other two bedrooms. SO this was a big surprise to say the least. I tols the installer to stop till we could get in touch with the salesman. I called the salesman immediately on speakerphone and asked why there was no HD. He asked to speak to the installer. I handed the speakerphone to the installer and he asked if the guy had HD equipment with him, after a brief exchange trying to understand each other, it was determined that the installer did NOT have any HD equipment with him and he had driven 100 milles to get here. The salesman asked that he give the phone back to me and after a brief exchange again for the installer trying to comprehend, he complied.

The salesman apologised for the mixup and "apparent" misunderstanding" and gave me the choice of either sending the installer on his way, or me agreeing to let him go ahead and install the equipment he had with him and we straightne out the other at a later time, for an additional cost of only $199.99 more dollars.

This has actually detieorated from there. Now the salesman is not even acknowledging that we ever even discussed HD and is claiming I "want something for nothing" and he can "GUARANTEE me that I will not get it". I have never sought anything of the kind, but I did have reason to expect what he had promised up front to entice me to makle the switch to begin with, not the BAIT-AND-SWITCH chice has gave me after the installer arrived.

My wife contact the salesman and wanted to know why he had decided to not only change his deal, which is actually a very common advertisement solicited on the emails every day, but then to become so belligerant and actually trying so hard to prevent us from even getting what he had originally promised. We escalated our complaints up trough his company's management and was repeatedly met with "We will look into it" messages, but no body has bothered to actually do so.

Subesequently, We just got fed up and contacted DISH to complain that we had been promised HD DVR up front, and was met with "We do not have a free HD DVR offering so the agent was wrong in offering that to you, therefore we will not stand behind what he promised. If you want the HD DVR, it will be $199.99 up front and we will have to send out another installer with it."

This has been the most exasperating experience I have ever dealt with. At every step, each person simply denies responsibility for what anyone else has promised and basically they can do anything they darn well please to us poor saps out here that have been lied to and cheated.

Is there any hope?

I have since decided that if I want the HD that I was originally promised, I would go get it myself. Dish told me that it would be impossible to get their newest receiver ( the VIP 622) from anyone else but them. Well, I did manage to purchase one elsewhere and installed it myself. I still have to install an upgrade DISH 1000 to get the HD channels, but that is in the works now.

Last edited by JohnT_Edna_Tx : 08-08-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I recently obtained service through Bellsouth and Direct TV was part of a savings bundle, to which I had also agreed to.

A few days prior to my service appointment, I received a call from DISH Network. I explained to them that I already had a service appointment to get Direct TV the following week. He said, "No, ma'am, that is a mistake. It is DISH Network." I told him that I was pretty sure it was Direct TV. He said, "That is why I am calling ma'am, to set up a service appointment. I have spoken with the gentleman from Bellsouth and he is new. He made a mistake and told you the wrong company." I asked him for his number and called him back, to be certain that he wasn't fraudulently representing a company. So, believing I was mistaken, I arranged a service appointment for the following Sunday (two days before my "old" appointment). They came and installed my service and I didn't think much about it - until Direct TV came to install my service on Wednesday. I explained to him what had happened and he said he would return when I got things straightened out. I called Bellsouth, spoke to the man I originally spoke to, and he said that DISH Network was outright lying. He forwarded my message to Direct TV and advised that I call DISH Network.

I called DISH Network and was transferred several times, each time I politely explained to them what had happened. I believed at this time, that he was just an overzealous employee who would deceive for his own game. No one seemed overly concerned (or surprised) that this had happened. I was finally transferred to the Disconnection Department and was told I needed to return all the equipment, including the piece on the satellite dish, and they would refund my money. I explained that the roof was a very steep pitch and she said "Well, maybe Direct TV can get it down for you." I asked to speak to her supervisor, and she replied "WHY?!" I said "Because I am not happy with your answer." She said "Sure, hold on" and she put me on hold for 15 minutes and then flushed my call. Today I called to cancel service again, after I received the first bill. I was transferred several times and each person tried to convince me to stay, despite the fact I was a customer obtained fraudulently. Finally, they said they would disconnect my service and if I sent all the equipment back, they would refund my money.

I don't know what will happen next but I suspect this is not over yet. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and reported their unscrupulous business practices.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:

Hope you can help...New system for my parents and they have the DVR-625.
First of all DISH took advantage of their existing 23 year old cable from an old C-band dish and didn't feel the need to run ANY cable.

The dish is probably 100 feet from the TV/Receiver. They use 1 cable and split at the end to go to sat 1 and sat 2.

Why is there 2 inputs if one can be used? Is there a lot of signal loss this way?

Also the second TV picture looks like crap. That is fed back through the single line with a series of diplexers.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks

Old 11-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Fortunately I am not a victim of this scam, I am a DirecTV Customer and don’t intend to change. Over the last few days however, I have been flooded with series of telemarketing calls from E-Management Group dba MyDishNow. They are a “Dish Network Affiliate”, basically a call center filled with unscrupulous cold callers doing the bidding on behalf of Dish Network. Any questions on your part in an attempt to expose the organizational hierarchy of this arrangement will be met by claims of ignorance and all requests to speak to a supervisor will be followed by a rather long hold and eventually the call will be flushed. My only right as a consumer is to request that my telephone number be removed from their database. BTW my number is registered with the National DNC Registry. A little research found that E-Management Group is located in Boca Raton Florida - no surprise here, South Florida is home to most of the email spammers. The President of this company is Randy Forman and a search on Google turned up this info: Tel: (561) 852-5828, Address: 10392 Canoe Brook Cir, Boca Raton, FL 33498. Maybe it’s his home phone and address? Good Luck.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have a question about DISH Network. Two months ago, while in Mexico, I unwittingly had insufficient funds to pay my autopay. My sister was house sitting and offered to pay the bill until I got back from Vacation. She was treated to 2 hours of rude custormer support, including a representative that threatened to cut off my service if she didn't pay both the bill that was due and next months bill in advance (which wasn't due for several weeks). I have been with DISH Network for years and never defaulted on my bill. After being finally transfered to India, she dealt with a group that were customer oriented and allowed her to pay the one month bill. One of the previous reps was so rude that my sister had wondered if DISH Network outsourced to prisons (she asked him the question and he refused to answer.).
Tonight, I called DISH network to pay my bill. After trying to pay by phone on their automated system I was transfered over to customer service rep. She proceeded to tell me that the only way I could pay was by cash, and that I had to go into a Radio Shack (she gave me several choices) and I would have to pay a fee (between $5.00 and $12.00/per transaction depending on where I went). I asked if I could pay by Credit card or cashiers check or autopay and she stated that the only way I could pay was by cash thru the above routes. I asked if this was the only option I had each month and she said "yes".
I confirmed this several times with her before I asked to speak with a supervisor. She didn't want to connect me with one, but finally said she would. She then transfered me to tech support. I called back again and this time I followed the menu and talked with a man. I explained my situation, he agreed with the previous person I talked with and told me he would connect me with a supervisor. After a long wait, I got a message that said call back later. I then called back into the automated system, and every button I pressed took me to the same menu- it was a menu that had to do with paying your bill by cash. I called back several times and got the same thing- every menu item- even ones that connected you to a customer rep- took me to the same menu that had to do with paying by cash. I finally got a supervisor by calling the sales dept on my cell phone (my cell is not associated with my account). I didn't identify myself, because I knew I would not be put thru to a supervisor. I easily got a supervisor and got my issue resolved. My questions are: Can customer reps tell people in good standing that their only option is to pay by cash each month, and are the customer reps able to tag your account so that it goes into a dead end menu? I am thinking of calling the State Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau on this issue (I shortened the story as I had several other attempts to get thru to a supervisor and was cut off each time).
What is your take on this?