report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Banned

Child Protective Services

Child Protective Services is CORRUPT.

If ever you have the misfortune of coming into contact w/them, do yourself a favor & GET A LAWYER ASAP!!!!

Old 10-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Asking Questions is a Good Thing

Re: Child Protective Services

AMEN to THAT! I had posted this in another thread, but have copied here:

Child Protective Services is a JOKE..

Did you know that YOU, as a parent, can have "neglect" charges filed against YOU if YOURS KIDS fight with EACH OTHER?? It's true... it happened to me when my kids were 13 and 14 years old. They got into a "struggle" (pushing and pulling) with each other about who was going to answer the door when the pizza guy arrived! My son "let go" of my daughter's arm during this scuffle and her forehead hit the door frame, leaving a bump and the next day, a small bruise. She went to the school nurse for a Tylenol because her head was hurting, and after telling the nurse what had happened, the school principal called D.C.F. (Department of Chilren & Families) - (The principal called me later to apologize (we had known each other a LONG time); she said the law left her no choice. D.C.F. came to school and talked to my daughter about what had happened, then called me.

My daughter told them the truth and that she, too, was a part of this struggle and that it was an accident. This worker DIDN'T CARE... She questioned my daughter about EVERYTHING that had EVER HAPPENED between her and her brother - every squabble, any name calling, where was her mother when all of this was going on, etc. etc. The end result was my daughter being "removed" from our home and sent to a friend's house for 3 days "for her own protection", "neglect" charges against me for "being present" when this was going on and not protecting my daughter and a court date for "assault" being set for my son. When we went to court, my daughter tried to explain to the judge what happened and that SHE TOO had been involved, but the judge wasn't having it.... she told my daughter she would have to say she had lied about what happened and that her brother DID NOT put his hands on her AT ALL if she wanted the charges dropped against him... My son was right there, watching what this judge was doing to his sister- who was now crying - so he spoke up and told the judge to leave his sister alone.. that he would take the punishment. He didn't want his sister to be forced to lie, just to get him out of it... So he was put on probation for 3 months.

My charges were later dropped after their "investigation", which included them coming to our home to see the environment our kids lived in, me going ballistic on this woman and her talking to my husband - who ended up telling her she would hear from our attorney and then verbally throwing her out of our house with instructions to NEVER COME BACK here again!..

FYI.. We later learned from our attorney that D.C.F. had NO RIGHT to talk to our daughter WITHOUT our permission. He said I should have went to the school and walked out of there with BOTH of my kids, not talking to them AT ALL and letting them know that they knew where we lived if they wanted to pursue this ridiculous charge.. Upon seeing the case file, we learned that the worker had made ZERO NOTATIONS of my daughter telling about HER involvement in any of the "fights" with her brother - it ONLY SPOKE of "his actions". We filed a complaint against D.C.F. and EVERYTHING connected to this case ended up being expundged from the system. My advice: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS when these organizations ring your phone or come knocking on your door...

Old 10-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Banned

cor•rupt (k -r pt )
adj.
1. Marked by immorality and perversion; depraved.
2. Venal; dishonest: a corrupt mayor.
3. Containing errors or alterations, as a text: a corrupt translation.
4. Archaic. Tainted; putrid.

v. cor•rupt•ed, cor•rupt•ing, cor•rupts
v. tr.
1. To destroy or subvert the honesty or integrity of.
2. To ruin morally; pervert.
3. To taint; contaminate.
4. To cause to become rotten; spoil.
5. To change the original form of (a text, for example).
6. Computer Science. To damage (data) in a file or on a disk.

v. intr.
To become corrupt.
Fits them to a T!!!!

They do more harm than good. They will tell you NOT to get a lawyer. GET ONE W/IN THE 1st 24HRS!

ALSO....Take notes on them. Document EVERYTHING....They will LIE LIE LIE & TWIST THE TRUTH!!
I had to keep a journal on every conversation/dealings w/them just in order to keep it all straight for myself....they lied so much & changed stories so much that I couldn't keep it all straight. Once we went to court & the judge made them aware of the fact that I had kept a journal, C.P.S. wanted the case closed immediately.

Last edited by PAYEK : 10-07-2005 at 08:58 AM.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:59 AM

Our lawyer said that cases like ours are where these departments rack up their "success" rates. Because, not wanting to lose our kids, WE would "comply" with their stipulations, allowing THEM to call their work a "Success". :rolleyes:

But in the meantime, as I told the worker when she was here in our home, there's a child - locked in a closet somewhere; being sexually assaulted and beaten by a parent who couldn't care less.... :eek: These kids "fall through the cracks" of this system...

Old 10-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
Our lawyer said that cases like ours are where these departments rack up their "success" rates. Because, not wanting to lose our kids, WE would "comply" with their stipulations, allowing THEM to call their work a "Success". :rolleyes:

But in the meantime, as I told the worker when she was here in our home, there's a child - locked in a closet somewhere; being sexually assaulted and beaten by a parent who couldn't care less.... :eek: These kids "fall through the cracks" of this system...
Yes, I know. I was told the same thing, not only by my lawyer, but by previous CPS workers as well.
It's sickening.
I actually was planning on taking on "a mission" to inform all parents of the truth about CPS....I'm not sure what made me change my mind. I think it was just the fact that I did not ever want to hear or think about them ever again. I do try to tell as many people as I can, but usually the subject has to come up for me to even want to think about them.

My aunt worked as head of one of the dept.s at CPS years ago. She helped me a lot w/my situation. Thank God we had $ .... our lawyers fee was well over $11,000.00. Think of how many can not afford a lawyer; they just have to play by the rules of the corrupted system.
CPS has all the power & NO brains!! They are overworked & underpaid (as they say)....& they could care less about kids & families. Think about how many kids are abused & sent right back into the homes of their abusers....later to be killed. How many times has that happened?? Many. Too many.
My aunt also told me that the "black market" is going on w/in that system. I told her that I have a hard time believing that. She told me that I shouldn't be so naive.

I was 1st assigned a woman worker at CPS who was telling me so many lies & told us not to get a lawyer, etc...Well she left CPS a month later & called me to say that I need to get a lawyer & she confessed to me all of the lies she had told me. She told me herself some of the same things my aunt had told me. (I guess her conscience was getting the better of her.) :rolleyes:
Now, after all I know & have gone through....I am NOT naive & I also have a hard time trusting people. I am also EXTREMELY protective of my kids. Not over-protective, just very protective.

Last edited by PAYEK : 10-07-2005 at 09:39 AM.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:02 AM
tommywho70x

tommywho70x strongly recommends the use of digital audio/video capture devices to legally document and protect your rights.

Record all of your telephone conversations with them. All you have to do for it to be admissable is announce that you are recording and give them the opportunity to terminate STATE_LINE_CALL MODEM Build 006(REC)NUM (E-LAW DOC TRIX COSMO)

The same is true for a HYBRID audio-only recording device or AVI(mixing)Camcorder. If they want to interact with you, you are within your rights to stipulate that the session be legally recorded. If they do not want to be recorded, they have no other option but to leave you alone.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Anything that CPS brings for you to sign is a contract. You are not compelled to get into a contract with them. It's important to remember that if you don't sign anything, give permission or invite them, they do not have jurisdiction over you. They can't do anything without a warrant. Demand one.

I would advise any parent to look up the laws pertaining to child abuse in your state. Then look up child protective services in your state. Know the law. And remember most good family practice lawyers allow a free consultation on your first visit.

I've had more than my share of run ins with CPS. It's amazing to note that once I knew what my rights were and what they were violating and I backed them down, how fast they changed their tune and attitude.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Old 10-07-2005, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywho70x
Record all of your telephone conversations with them. All you have to do for it to be admissable is announce that you are recording and give them the opportunity to terminate...

If they want to interact with you, you are within your rights to stipulate that the session be legally recorded. If they do not want to be recorded, they have no other option but to leave you alone.
OMG.. is it REALLY that easy to get rid of them tommy???

Old 10-07-2005, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
Anything that CPS brings for you to sign is a contract. You are not compelled to get into a contract with them. It's important to remember that if you don't sign anything, give permission or invite them, they do not have jurisdiction over you. They can't do anything without a warrant. Demand one.

I would advise any parent to look up the laws pertaining to child abuse in your state. Then look up child protective services in your state. Know the law. And remember most good family practice lawyers allow a free consultation on your first visit.

I've had more than my share of run ins with CPS. It's amazing to note that once I knew what my rights were and what they were violating and I backed them down, how fast they changed their tune and attitude.

Namaste'

Lady Mod
These people are a bunch of pencil-pushing, authority-hungry idiots, who's MAIN OBJECTIVE is to INTIMIDATE YOU! Backing down can be a HUGE mistake....

MY mistake was NOT KNOWING MY RIGHTS when I went to the school... Do yourself a favor and TAKE THE ADVICE that is being offered here by those who have BEEN THERE... even if you KNOW you have no reason to be concerned, ANYTHING can happen! I NEVER DREAMED I would ever hear from D.C.F.!! .. but.... :rolleyes:

Old 10-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
These people are a bunch of pencil-pushing, authority-hungry idiots, who's MAIN OBJECTIVE is to INTIMIDATE YOU! Backing down can be a HUGE mistake....
So true, but let's also not forget that if we become defensive or upset....they will just start writing in their notes on how we have a temper & seem a little out of control. :rolleyes: :mad:
We must smile :) & appear happy while they falsely accuse us....OR out comes the notebook & away they write.
....That's ok though; I whipped out my notebook & took notes on them too.
Those people can enrage anyone & they just write it all down & put it in the file.
Quote:
MY mistake was NOT KNOWING MY RIGHTS when I went to the school... Do yourself a favor and TAKE THE ADVICE that is being offered here by those who have BEEN THERE... even if you KNOW you have no reason to be concerned, ANYTHING can happen! I NEVER DREAMED I would ever hear from D.C.F.!! .. but....
That's what I was going to talk about on "my mission" that I had planned.
It can happen to ANYONE & it does.
Before I was sucked in to knowing the truth/reality of CPS, I truly thought that this kind of thing only happened to bad parents & trashy people. I thought there was always "a just reason" for CPS to become involved. I could not have been more wrong!

Last edited by PAYEK : 10-07-2005 at 12:23 PM.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYEK
So true, but let's also not forget that if we become defensive or upset....they will just start writing in their notes on how we have a temper & seem a little out of control. :rolleyes: :mad:
I can see that... I guess it was different in my case because I wasn't accused of being the ABUSER... being "nice" was NOT in the picture for me that day and, believe it or not, their Dad was WORSE than I was...

I was SO PROUD of him! ;) :D

Old 10-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Quote:
I can see that... I guess it was different in my case because I wasn't accused of being the ABUSER... being "nice" was NOT in the picture for me that day and, believe it or not, their Dad was WORSE than I was...

I was SO PROUD of him! ;) :D
I was, every time they came. I didn't give ground, will never give ground. I don't get beligerant but my tone of voice brooks no argument. My attitude is, bring charges or get out of my life.

I don't care what they write down in their little books. :D

Lady Mod

Old 10-07-2005, 07:31 PM
tommywho70x

Quote:
OMG.. is it REALLY that easy to get rid of them tommy???
Ask your lawyers. Employees of state or local human services agencies do not have any legislative jurisdictional enforcement authority to sieze your assets (child#nnn-nn-nnnn) or force you to make a sign self-incriminating statements to be admitted as evidence in any legal proceedings disposing of the seized property (child#nnn-nnn-nnnn) into control of the state. That's the job of the police, sheriffs, smokies, and E.G., MARSHALL(S).

Legally, a case worker has to submit an affidavit demonstrating probable cause to a magistrate and the magistrate has to issue warrants.

Audio and Video recordings of depositions are commonly used in civil and criminal litigation. Lunatic Fringe lawyers I've consulted and/or observed in action have a lot of cases turn on those recordings of the events because it impeaches witnesses' testimony, especially Badge # Signature 'Arrest Report' when they put his/her lying 'self' under oath in the 'witness box'.

In 1993, I worked with the vendor security crew at the Weedstock Festival in central Wisconsin near Meenah. The local sheriff and the feds had roadblocks and commandos in the woods making all kinds of really silly arrests.

The locals, who are almost always at least happy for the extra income associated with these events, were getting stalled in traffic, shaken down and busted for roaches in their ashtrays. Nobody could walk in the woods for miles all around the site without a squad of cammoed gunslingers jerking them up on suspicion of intent to smoke a flower or even worse, possession of a large quantity of flowers with intent to distribute it.

Needless to say, the Sheriff got voted out the next spring and everybody who had a recording of the 'arrest' got acquittals or dismissals.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywho70x
Ask your lawyers. Employees of state or local human services agencies do not have any legislative jurisdictional enforcement authority to sieze your assets (child#nnn-nn-nnnn) or force you to make a sign self-incriminating statements to be admitted as evidence in any legal proceedings disposing of the seized property (child#nnn-nnn-nnnn) into control of the state. That's the job of the police, sheriffs, smokies, and E.G., MARSHALL(S).

Legally, a case worker has to submit an affidavit demonstrating probable cause to a magistrate and the magistrate has to issue warrants.

Audio and Video recordings of depositions are commonly used in civil and criminal litigation. Lunatic Fringe lawyers I've consulted and/or observed in action have a lot of cases turn on those recordings of the events because it impeaches witnesses' testimony, especially Badge # Signature 'Arrest Report' when they put his/her lying 'self' under oath in the 'witness box'.
THANK YOU tommy ;)

THIS is a message that everyone should print out, make copies and give or send to everyone they know! As a matter of fact, I'm going to DO that very thing right now! I think I'll even send a copy to D.C.F.! :)

Old 10-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Banned

I like Tommy's idea. If I had done that it sure would have made things go a lot quicker & smoother for me! It all comes down to who has control of the situation .... & KNOWING YOUR RIGHTS!

CV & Lady Mod....I like your attitudes. That is the same one I have NOW when it comes to those people. In many cases, parents are so shocked (especially if they've never encountered this before) that their only attitude is disbelief.

This is a good simple list of things to know & do BEFORE it happens to you:
http://home.earthlink.net/~robbytherettsmom/CPS.htm

Last edited by PAYEK : 10-08-2005 at 04:51 AM.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Newbie Member

Hi ..I have a question about CPS……I wander if anyone has some advice for my situation. My daughter age 26 next month….has 3 precious children.. ages 5+, just turned 4 and just turned 3 (the youngest are 11 months apart!)
She was living in Virginia with hubby who was in the military…we are from TX and son-in-law is from Memphis TN…..they met when he was at FT Hood and then ended up in Norfolk…..all the children were born in VA. When the baby was 4 months old my daughter left her husband and moved back to TX w/me. She was not here long before she starting using drugs…ice….after 2 years of her spiraling downward I went to court to modify her parental relationship. hoping that if she thought she was losing the children she would get straight. She agreed to outpatient treatment and random UV from the court. The treatment was a joke…and apparently she had ways of “getting around” the piss tests. When we requested that she take a hair follicle test, she refused and out of frustration I washed my hands of it. I filed a motion to nonsuit the case and told her she was on her own and what ever happens ..happens , but she better not let any thing happen to the children. Now , one thing I need to make clear…..she loves her kids and she takes good care of them…but doing the drugs she keeps losing her job, being evicted, writing hot checks… and as long as momma that’s me is taking care of everything she can continue in that behavior. The hardest thing I’ve ever done is step out of the situation and let it fall apart. AND IT DID!
CPS took the children from her and she signed a voluntary placement with her friend…. ..who BTW has 3 children of her own…that lasted about 2 weeks! The children came back to me.
Well then steps up XSON-IN- LAW who has been conveniently out of the picture and acting like he could care less what happens to the kids ..never calls them…never returns calls…just “living his life like he has no children”. CPS places the children w/him.
… After CPS contacted him , I was hearing from him almost everyday for about 2 weeks … It was my opinion then that the children needed to get to know their father and that his fiancé was ok and would take good care of them…(cps did background checks on them both and visited their house) I helped him by bringing the children to Memphis, also I wanted to see for myself where he was living and check out the situation.
but right after that, it began to get hard to reach him again ..I would leave messages begging him to let the children call me or to tell me a good time to call …they have been w/him for 7 weeks now ..and I’ve only got to talk to the children a few times. The last time I talked to them My 4 yr old grandson was saying “grandma are you coming to get us?”

Xson-in-law is acting like the “all knowing super parent” now, when for the past 2+ years I’ve been the only real stability they have known. I don’t think there is much on the books for grandparent rights!! :mad:

I’ve said all this to say….My daughter still has managing conservator ship of the children…..they have joint custody. She has been in a residence treatment center for 8 weeks now and is making great progress…I think she has snapped ..realizing mom can’t help her and if she doesn’t get it together, xsoninlaw.com will have the children for good. :eek:

SO HERE IS THE QUESTION: Just because CPS placed the children w/soninlaw.com that has not changed the fact that she still has “physical custody” (that’s the wording in the divorce decree) right? And if that has not changed the original custody order CAN CPS keep her from going to get the children…and does she have to wait for them to close the case??? If she has done what they require.. (she hasn’t been provided with anything stating what she is required to do to get them back) can she go get them back from xsoninlaw.com???? :confused:

Old 10-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhopefull
I don’t think there is much on the books for grandparent rights!! :mad:
YES, there is. You'd be surprised how many rights grandparents actually do have. Especially, if you have been involved in their lives.

I'm sorry for you & your family to be going through all of this. I've known others who have gone through similar situations & some who are going through it now. Drugs are tearing up so many people & families today.

Anyway, you really do need to talk to a lawyer....for 2 reasons.

First being, that you do have Grandparents rights & the children do need you to stay a part of their lives. I'm sure all of this has been traumatic enough on them. (at least the kids have eachother)

Secondly, CPS has been known for not "properly closing" cases, they sometimes leave loose ends. Whenever someone is involved w/CPS it is a MUST that they have their attorney double check that all is "properly closed".

You need to have an attorney look over this entire situation from a legal standpoint. CPS may have given the ex-husband full parental gaurdianship. I mean, I don't know....??

Last edited by PAYEK : 10-08-2005 at 11:13 AM.