report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Gossip?

It is said that when it comes to gossiping, women have made it into an art form.

But is there any substance to this?

Are we being a little unfair to females, portraying them as litte more than rumour mongers?

Is it perhaps true that men are just as liable to gossip than women, or is there merit to saying that women do gossip more then fellas?

What do you think..?
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Bookmark and Share

Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
It is said that when it comes to gossiping, women have made it into an art form.

But is there any substance to this?

Are we being a little unfair to females, portraying them as litte more than rumour mongers?

Is it perhaps true that men are just as liable to gossip than women, or is there merit to saying that women do gossip more then fellas?

What do you think..?
Out here in the wild, wild west we call that a down home gab fest

  #3  
Old 12-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Gossip?

Yeah, but do women gossip more, esp about other people's business?

If the answer is yes, then maybe it even makes them less trustworthy with a secret?

Just a thought....
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 12-21-2008, 12:01 PM
terry05_99 terry05_99 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canton Michigan
Posts: 1,086
Re: Gossip?

well I heard it was true......


Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
well I heard it was true......
I would have to say that it would depend on the individual person
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 12-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Gossip?

I am prepared to come right out and say, yes, in general, women do gossip more than men. Clearly, there are exceptions to that rule.

If we accept for a mo that women do gossip more than men, we should really ask, why are they disposed to doing this?

Is there a cultural reason why women have developed to be more inclined to gossip than men?
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
I am prepared to come right out and say, yes, in general, women do gossip more than men. Clearly, there are exceptions to that rule.

If we accept for a mo that women do gossip more than men, we should really ask, why are they disposed to doing this?

Is there a cultural reason why women have developed to be more inclined to gossip than men?
Could it go back to the early times when people lived in caves and the men were the hunter gatherers and the women did nothing but stay in the cave and take care of it and the kids. So with little else to do they talked.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 12-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Could it go back to the early times when people lived in caves and the men were the hunter gatherers and the women did nothing but stay in the cave and take care of it and the kids. So with little else to do they talked.
Works for me.

I watched the Flintstones when I was younger, so I'm convinced your theory is true..
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Works for me.

I watched the Flintstones when I was younger, so I'm convinced your theory is true..
still waiting on your address and my 1,000.00 per mud pie that you want to order. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
terry05_99 terry05_99 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canton Michigan
Posts: 1,086
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
I would have to say that it would depend on the individual person
Acually I was just gossiping


Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 12-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
Acually I was just gossiping
Not unless you let us guys in on it an d bring a case of BEER. The Dawg gets thisty I hear.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-23-2008, 03:14 AM
terry05_99 terry05_99 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canton Michigan
Posts: 1,086
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Not unless you let us guys in on it an d bring a case of BEER. The Dawg gets thisty I hear.
I can do that OT, what kind do you like?


Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 12-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

We will have to ask the dawg on that as I cannot drink any more with my medication. And I have been led to believe that he still has no problem with the bending of the elbow.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 AM
carolinahound's Avatar
carolinahound carolinahound is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fayetnam NC
Posts: 1,193
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
We will have to ask the dawg on that as I cannot drink any more with my medication. And I have been led to believe that he still has no problem with the bending of the elbow.
What dawg you talking about?
__________________
Love outdoor sports?


Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 AM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
What dawg you talking about?
The one and only CarolinaHound
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 12-23-2008, 06:57 AM
carolinahound's Avatar
carolinahound carolinahound is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fayetnam NC
Posts: 1,193
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
The one and only CarolinaHound
Nope, I been sober for three years last Oct. Strongest thing I bend my elbow for now is mountain dew. But I do enjoy watching others get drunk from time to time.
__________________
Love outdoor sports?


Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 12-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Gossip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
Nope, I been sober for three years last Oct. Strongest thing I bend my elbow for now is mountain dew. But I do enjoy watching others get drunk from time to time.
Well that makes two of us then.

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.