report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Are you going to participate?
Yes 3 60.00%
No 1 20.00%
Undecided 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Newbie Member

The first AntiDote International Flashmob (Help stop online scams)

Warm up your auto-refreshers, mailbombers, cell phones, and leeching pages because The AntiDote is having their FIRST international flash mob!
Date: Oct 5
Time: 5:00AM-5:00AM OCT. 6 Eastern Standard Time (US)
Where: Everywhere
Don't forget to check out site and this thread when the flash mob starts to find out who we will be targeting.
We will be targeting some of our least favorite sites and we need your help!

You can talk with other flash mobbers in our irc channel:
irc.tddirc.net|#antidote

This flash mob will target our least favorite scamming and phishing sites. All the hosts featured in the flash mob HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED about the illegal content they are hosting and since they obviously DIDN'T get the message, we are going to help them out.

What is a flash mob?
A flash mob is a massive bandwidth attack against a site that is meant to put it over it's bandwidth limit or force the owner/host to shut it down. Although the flash mob is at a certain time, you can leech any time you want by visiting:
htrp://antidote.kazasena.com/superleech.html

Well.. isn't that a DDoS/DoS attack?
No, a DDoS attack used thousands of machines to knock a server offline and to flood it with so many requests that the site can't reply to them all. In our case, the servers will be able to reply just fine with a "509 Bandwidth limit exceeded" error.

How you can help:
Leeching
Mailbombing
Kill Letters
Phone Calls
SMS messages
Faxes

or... come up with your own ideas!

Leeching:
We will provide a leeching page. Just load it, and it will suck bandwidth from the target sites. Simple? We think it is. In case you can't load the leech page (say... you don't have java) then you can use a variety of other methods. On *nix systems just wget the site. If you have the browser Opera (opera.com) load the page, right click on it, and set it to refresh every second. The page will keep re-loading and this is just as good as running the leech. If you are on firefox [mozilla.org/products/firefox] download the ReloadEvery extension [link] and follow the same procedure. Some people prefer to write their own scripts of leech using other methods.

Mailbombing:
Email ANY of the target emails. Send them one, send them one thousand, it doesn't matter. If you choose to you may include an attachment (up to 10 megs) to fill their inbox. Once their inbox is filled, they can't receive mail and as a result, they can't scam people.

Kill letters:
Write kill letters to any of the target site's hosts. We will provide cut and paste letters but you can write your own also.

Phone calls:
Tie up the phone lines of any of the target phone numbers. Simple enough?

SMS messages:
Send a SMS message to any of the targets and render that account useless. SPAM THEM DEAD!

Faxes:
Send faxes to any of the targets and tie up their phone line. You will also cost them tons of money in ink, toner, paper, and phone bills.

IM flooding:
Let the scammers know what you think! Send a ICQ, AIM, IRC, or Google talk message to the targets and give those scumbags a piece of your mind.

There are a variety of other ways you can contribute which we will tell you about when the flash mob occurs.

Don't forget: OCT. 5
You can always leech by going to antidote.kazasena.com/superleech.html
For updates and other info about our work please visit antidote.kazasena.com
Feel free to post comments/thoughts in this thread.

Bookmark and Share

Last edited by sheepbyte : 09-30-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Old 09-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Newbie Member

Re: The first AntiDote International Flashmob (Help stop online scams)

As noble a cause this is, I fear that it may tread dangerously close to violating the Patriot Act. Since the Patriot Act was passed anything considered hacking (none of what you listed is technically hacking, but the US government considers it as such) becomes a federal offense.

I'm only giving plenty of warning to anyone who wishes to participate. You may lose your freedom for this.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Bronze Member

True, so attacks like these should only be considered if everthing else fails and evidence of the wrongdoing is absolutely 100% . The anti 419 advanced fee fraud activist sites www.aa419.org and www.419legal.org (backed up by the South African police!) have been using the method very successfully for some time now.. As far as I know they have never been sued by any cheater or service provider. It has proved to be stimulating for legit well-meaning service providers to improve speed of responding and being more precautionary. Obviously a method worth considering by groups of victim activists.

I only wonder if our good man John with all his enthousiasm is really representing a sound organisation. I have the feeling he is just copying the method on his own. But haven't had time to look into it yet, so if I'm wrong...

Last edited by Klaas : 10-01-2005 at 04:08 AM.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Newbie Member

There is a big difference between what the AntiDote members do and the flashmobs. Nobody has ever been prosecuted for leeching, and who would? Scammers don't have enough time to waste on it, data crossing international borders can cause issues, cops don't have enough time, leechers aren't a threat to society.

The AntiDote does do some dirty work on modifying scammer web pages and other things of the matter (*wink**wink*) which is by all means illegal however, participating/holding a flashmob is not. I am interested to see if anybody can cite any legal documents that support that. aa419.org is doing the same thing and they are not getting in trouble. The amount of work it would take to track down a few thousand flash mobbers is not worth it. Besides, if they pick trial by jury would you sent somebody to jail or fine them for helping shut down a fake bank?
aa419.org also has a scammer defacing/other dirty work branch called the "LWC" or the "Lad Wrecking Crew" and none of them have ever been threatened with anything by any LE. The AntiDote does work fairly closely with law enforcement so our immunity is increased by that.

Nobody is going to get felony charges. If ANYBODY is charged with flashmobbing you will probably be backed up 100% by the Electronic Fronteir Foundation (eff.org) and there's no reason to be worried. In almost 10 years nothing has happened, and nothing is going to happen now. Unfortunately for us, aa419.org doesn't allow open discussion about the legality or legitimacy of flashmobs as they try to censor people with new ideas or questions. I am speaking from experience here and you may also find the exact same circumstances at 419eater.com

The reason we started doing flashmobs was just to fix the problems with the aa419.org ones and enable open discussion of taking down scammers while allowing the introduction of new ideas and abolishing censorship in this field.

I think that should clear up any questions but if it doesn't feel free to ask away.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Newbie Member

I see a lot of people have seen and replied to this thread. How come you guys aren't answering the poll question? I only see one vote that isn't mine. Voice your opinion guys!

Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Bronze Member

Dear John, main problem is there are only a handfull of members on this board who fully understand what you are talking about, or are willing to take efforts to organize cooperated action.

Also this board is not focussed on only one particular type of scam like 419 variations, it seems to me a vast majority is only here to find out about safe ways to get rich the easy way or find out about legit ways to work via the internet. We know there are hardly any, they'll find out sooner or later. Meanwhile this board certainly has its value for anyone who uses Google, to get assured the 'opportunity' they are puzzled about is in fact a scam.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Newbie Member

I don't see what is so complicated. When the flash mob starts we will provide detailed instrutions on how to help. The best way to help is to load the leech page. All you have to do it load the page, and it does the rest for you. I believe people have enough time and energy to send a email or two or to make a phone call or to leech for a few minutes. It's a small request. We don't do just 419 like aa419. We cover ALL fields of internet scum including 419, job scams, fake lotteries, fake banks, fake charities, fake escrow services, carding, fraud, spam, and other scum. This is a very broad area we are targeting.
If people are confused then I encourage them to ask questions. I am happy to answer anybodies questions about the event concerning how it works, why we do it, the legality, and everything in-between.
This is an easy thing to participate and everybody can make a huge difference. Let's clean up the internet!

Last edited by sheepbyte : 10-02-2005 at 10:27 AM.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:41 AM
tommywho70x

i don't even know if this is such a noble cause, mikeflowtech.

i'm a 60's survivor and have been listening to similar plans for years, long before we had access to these high-tech cyber-terrorism tools. all sorts of hare-brained schemes by righteously indignant radical folks who wanted to disrupt the flow of 'Bad Business As Usual'.

In simplest terms, two wrongs do not make one right. There are plenty of legal, morally sound methods of fighting back available to us.

For example, I found SCAM.COM researching the Las Vegas Nevada Actionable Award Program I received in the snail mail. Looking at the thread, I recognized that here was a potential PLAINTIFF CLASS holding in their hands unimpeachable evidence of a conspiracy to to commit fraud that would rope in not only the perpetrators, but possibly even Microsoft (MSFT - NASDAQ - NEWS - WEB - SITEMAPS) for selling them the programs they were using (WINWORD and OUTLOOK OFFICE 'Productivity Tools')

I know the Attorney General of Texas or a consumer protection oriented law firm would jump through hoops for us if we were to deliver the documents together, but when I suggested doing something like that, it was ignored.

Linux/Unix/Windows/DOS 'SysAdmin(s)' and 'SysOp(s)' and 'MOD(s)' sometimes get a little drunk with the power that is sitting under their fingers in their consoles and mice. This plan looks like one of those 'SCHEMAS'.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Newbie Member

We have tried all the legal outlets. We have contacted ALL the hosts of ALL the targets. Some are ignorant, other simply refuse. We have contacted the secret service about carding/mazafaka and we have contacted the Texas Attorney general about TAA. There's no reason why these sites shouldn't have been down months ago.

Two wrongs can make a right.

It would be nice if we could file lawsuits against the hosts and the people who run the sites. The probem is most of the sites aren't even located in the US. Most are located in RUSSIA, NIGERIA, and ENGLAND. Russia won't be very happy with extradition or anything close to it. Secondly, lawsuits take years. How can you file lawsuits again a person if you don't know their real name? It's not easy.
Again, lawsuits take years and about 100 of these pop up every day. I would leave it to LE to take these sites down, but they are nabbing maybe 3 or 4 a year. Once LE get's the process down and they can tackle these sites, they can have full control. Until then, it's the citizens duty to protect his neighbor.

Last edited by sheepbyte : 10-02-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:40 PM
tommywho70x

File against their ONSHORE affiliate partners in Microsoft Licensing, Inc., SBC Internet Service, ARIN/IANA/ICANN and the FCC who are leasing them access to web servers and services in the United States.

You are advocating a MOB)ILE)ACTION that is not legal.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:44 PM
tommywho70x

File against their ONSHORE affiliate partners in Microsoft Licensing, Inc., SBC Internet Service, ARIN/IANA/ICANN and the FCC who are leasing them access to web servers and services in the United States.

You are advocating a "mass [media] telecommunications"
MOB)ILE)ACTION that is not legal.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Newbie Member

It's going on! Please go to http://antidote.servehttp.com to participate.