report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Diamond Member

Delay Indicted

DeLay Indicted in Texas Campaign Finance Probe
Skip directly to the full story.
The Associated Press

Published: Sep 28, 2005

WASHINGTON (AP) - A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, an indictment that could force him to step down as House majority leader.

AP-ES-09-28-05 1235EDT

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB8X4MT5EE.html

Old 09-28-2005, 08:32 AM
tommywho70x

Re: Delay Indicted

Woo-hoo!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Old 09-28-2005, 09:02 AM
1--800-282-2882

Dryer is better anyway. He is just as no-nonsense as Delay with more charisma.

As far as the Delay indictment,

IT IS NOTHING BUT A POLITICAL HATCHET JOB. PERIOD.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider

Blah blah typical damage control.

The indictment accuses DeLay of a conspiracy to "knowingly make a political contribution" in violation of Texas law outlawing corporate contributions. It alleges that DeLay's Texans for a Republican Majority political action committee accepted $155,000 from companies, including Sears Roebuck, and placed the money in an account.

The PAC then wrote a $190,000 check to an arm of the Republican National Committee and provided the committee a document with the names of Texas State House candidates and the amounts they were supposed to receive in donations.

The indictment includes a copy of the check.

Last edited by ianmatthews : 09-28-2005 at 09:14 AM.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Diamond Member

I'm talking about it around the office (I'm a contractor for Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center) with my coworkers, most of whom are Republican.

They tend to all agree that Delay is simply a thug.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
tommywho70x

Hatchet Job == Damage Control.

So what? Who's next? What's happening with the Fitzgerald grand jury in Chicago?

Our buddy Karl Rove still doesn't have his neck clear of the Valerie Plame thing, ya know?

Old 09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Diamond Member

Surely there will be comments on Tom Delay's indictment and (temporary) stepping-aside, but whatever happened to his almost-predecessor, Bob Livingston?

For those who don't remember, Livingston was the speaker-elect who never was, after Larry Flynt got to him. Well, Bob's on his feet running the ninth largest lobbying firm in DC. And guess what, he's connected to the Delay scandal in his own special way. Maybe there's a bright future ahead for The Hammer?

Old 09-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Enjoy today tommorrow is not promised

I called it early this morning with my "House is Crumbling Thread". This is just the beginning. Delay will be up to his ears in court proceedings, next one is Frist who will be tied up with his SEC hearings and they will move in on him rather quickly. Then Mr.Rove, for sure his investigation will be starting sometime right before the new year, it's going to be quite an intresting Christmas and New Years in Washington. Of course we can expect the right to say it's the democrats on a witch hunt and these are just poor picked on politicians.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Diamond Member

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not going to be satisfied until I hear a hamfisted, convoluted attempt to blame Clinton.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmatthews
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not going to be satisfied until I hear a hamfisted, convoluted attempt to blame Clinton.

I think Clinton was to blame, just give me a chance to get with prwone to figure out how.

I say get rid of him. If you break the rules, you should have to suffer the penalty.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:45 AM

This time pwrone, I am gleeful.Christmas has come early. Dely indicted and SEC announces formal investigation into Frist finances, HOORAY. I want to see the dam burst on this administration in spectacular fashion. It's well overdue. Rove will be next, lets have an early new years celebration also. I hear that Hastert wants to move Dave Dreier from CA into leader spot. Does anyone know if it's true that he is a homosexual? I see this running rampant on the blog sites and was wondering about this. Could you imagine, the right-wingers must be going ape-shi*. Today was a good day.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

This IS a 'good day' for the left...anything bad for America is a 'good day' for the left. Anything that weakens us from within is a 'good day' for the left. We get it. It doesn't mean, however, that you could...I don't know...win an election. Will any day EVER be THAT good?

Old 09-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrone
This IS a 'good day' for the left...anything bad for America is a 'good day' for the left. Anything that weakens us from within is a 'good day' for the left. We get it. It doesn't mean, however, that you could...I don't know...win an election. Will any day EVER be THAT good?
I'm lost. How is destroying a criminal conspiracy in Congress bad for America?

Old 09-28-2005, 11:00 AM

Quote:
You got me on that one big man :), however if we had a fair election maybe we could win it. And come 08, we will be winning an election. And anything that rids us of financial crooks within our government is a "good day"not only for the left, but the right also. And then and only then will the right and left be able to work together towards a better U.S. . We must get rid of all the crooks first, from the left and the right. Once that happens it will be that special day.............

Old 09-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy4887
You got me on that one big man :), however if we had a fair election maybe we could win it. And come 08, we will be winning an election. And anything that rids us of financial crooks within our government is a "good day"not only for the left, but the right also. And then and only then will the right and left be able to work together towards a better U.S. . We must get rid of all the crooks first, from the left and the right. Once that happens it will be that special day.............

That would be a special and great day...Indictment is not conviction, especially in politics, but if he is guilty it is a 'good thing' to remove him. But, a 'good day' for America is not charging our leaders with crimes. If our leaders are being charged with crimes, it is, by definition, a bad day. The point is the incalculable enjoyment taken by the left during their attacks...It IS, however, understandable; it must be difficult to lose at the polls repeatedly and relentlessly.

Old 09-28-2005, 11:27 AM
tommywho70x

Quote:
That would be a special and great day...Indictment is not conviction, especially in politics, but if he is guilty it is a 'good thing' to remove him. But, a 'good day' for America is not charging our leaders with crimes. If our leaders are being charged with crimes, it is, by definition, a bad day. The point is the incalculable enjoyment taken by the left during their attacks...It IS, however, understandable; it must be difficult to lose at the polls repeatedly and relentlessly.
nice try, low pwrone, but if our leaders get busted for doing something naughty it is a bad day for them and a great day for America and the American People with one less bad apple in the barrel.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:06 PM
1--800-282-2882

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmatthews
Blah blah typical damage control.

The indictment accuses DeLay of a conspiracy to "knowingly make a political contribution" in violation of Texas law outlawing corporate contributions. It alleges that DeLay's Texans for a Republican Majority political action committee accepted $155,000 from companies, including Sears Roebuck, and placed the money in an account.

The PAC then wrote a $190,000 check to an arm of the Republican National Committee and provided the committee a document with the names of Texas State House candidates and the amounts they were supposed to receive in donations.

The indictment includes a copy of the check.
Can corporations make contributions to a political action committee?

155,000 doesn't seem like that large of an ammount, considering that commercials on television eat up tons of cash.

Is it "POSSIBLE" that the PAC used the sears monies to buy yard signs and pay for independent polling?

Is it illegal in Texas for a PAC to make a contribution to the Republican National Committee?

These are questions I have, if anyone has the answers can you please respond.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider

Yeah, thats all it is. Kinda like the job the Right did on the Clintons? What wrong, can't play by the same rules?