report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Retail Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Don't buy a Snuggie Blanket - "As Seen on TV"

My 7 yr old daughter really wants a Snuggie blanket that is constantly advertised on TV. It looks like a robe on backwards to me but, for two for only $19. I thought it was a good deal. I called the number this morning and placed an order, which took 13 minutes on the phone with a automated operator.
First they tried to trick me into buying 2 "sets" which means 4 total. But, I didn't fall for it and I knew from reading the website that I would be paying $8. in shipping for each blanket, not each set. So I should be at around $35. plus tax. I figured eventually I will get a chance to talk to a human to confirm that I will get it by Christmas. But, after placing the order I had to listen to offer after offer for other products. I waited because I wanted an order confirmation number. Finally they said "Thank You your order it will arrive in 4-6 weeks" and hung up. I couldn't believe it, 13 minutes later I still don't know what my total is and I definitely won't get it by Christmas. So I try to cancel. Well you call the customer service number on their site and it rings once and then they hang up on you. I called my bank since I charged it on my Visa Debit card they said they can only remove it once it has been charged and since they won't charge it until it is shipped I'm screwed. Because now that I have done research on the net about them I am finding everybody is getting screwed by these people, they can't return the product or get their money back, some people are getting bills for over a hundred dollars. Now the only thing I can do is cancel my Visa. What a pain in the ass for a stupid blanket. Which is really just a robe on backwards. I am going to just make her one myself.
Just wanted to save every one else. DON'T BUY A SNUGGIE!!!!
Thanks,
Google Snuggie Scams and you will this is only getting wors everyday!

Old 12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Banned

Re: Don't buy a Snuggie Blanket - "As Seen on TV"

Call up your local NEWSPAPER and inform them, they can print this out to LOTS of people and call up the Better Business Baeureu and REPORT THEM. I seen that ad but my wife sews so she can make them easily. When we go camping it gets chilly outside.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Newbie Member

I had the same experience yesterday where my order was placed for 4 when I wanted two and actually placed a call to the fulfillment center president - William Pappas - the Fosdick Corporation is the name of the company. You can get their phone # online- I would suggest calling him. Also the product is from a company called Allstate Marketing out of NY and the president of that company is Scott Boilen. I left him a message as well.

I also reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

I then got a call from jneal01@fosdickcorp.com - she assured me my order would be cancelled.

They really should put on their website that they are in a 4-6 week back order situation.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Gold Member

I went to the website....just to check it out...I found it odd that it was pretty much pick color an quanity and then fill out credit card info......no check out....no total check.....smells of fraud.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just had the exact same experience. I was charged $91.70 for 1 + 1 free Snuggie. When I called the customer service order, I was placed on hold for 15 minutes then got the priveledge of speaking to Nicole who told me that they were back ordered so it had not posted to my account but she couldn't cancel my order anyway because it has to "upload" to the system. I have never heard of such nonsense so I asked to speak to a supervisor. After arguing with Nicole about talking to a supervisor, I was given Barbara, clearly a MENSA member. I was told the same thing but she added that they couldn't guarantee a cancellation anyway even if it was in their system! WHAT?!? I had just placed the order within the hour! I called my credit card company and had to actually cancel my card to prevent them from charging me. THis is really convenient at Christmas.

There was no confirmation screen that showed what the total would be. This is a fraudulent company!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Same thing just happened to my roommate. He was ordering the Snuggie for his mom and we thought we would get the "free 2nd one" for a friend as a joke (everyone has been obsessing over those funny informercials.)

He hadn't gotten any internet confirmation so he was worried that this company had just taken his credit card info. A quick google search discovered that many people seem to be having the same problem. He's tried for the last hour to get customer service to answer their phone and of course, notified the bank. Speaking to his bank's fraud division, they said the company may not be "fraudulent" but there was definite possibility, particularly with them not sending out an internet confirmation until "the product has been shipped."

I highly recommend contacting tv stations where you see this ad and asking if they really want to accept advertising from companies that may be defrauding their viewers...

Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Update from Original thread!!
After trying to get through on the phone since yesterday, by a miracle somehow I was able to get through to a Snuggie "human". I explained I wanted to cancel since I found out after 13 min. when the automated operator confirmed the sale and delivery in 4-6 wks that it would not come by Christmas. I figured they would at least say if you have any questions press zero but, it never happened. She said she can only cancel if my order was in the system which could take 24-72 hours. Since I read about this yesterday, I didn't say a word.... not worth it at this point. So by another miracle, my order was found by looking up my phone number, they had my first and last name wrong. She then confirmed with me that it could be canceled and even gave me a confirmation number! We will see in 4-6 weeks if it was actually canceled. I don't want the hassle of canceling my Visa, too many things tide to it. So I am going to hope for the best and in 4-6 wks we will see. But, I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more problems coming. When they "get their inventory in 4 weeks" they are going to start shipping and billing. That's when every body will find out they "accidentally" are getting more than they ordered and possibly other crappy products as well. You should read the horror stories on the net about similar problems with other products from this same company. What kind of business doesn't even give you a total price after you place your order, let alone a confirmation of any kind (I never got a confirmation email). I can't believe they don't even do it on the website either. Buyer beware! Just go to the fabric store and buy some fleece, needle and a thread and your good to go. I am going to tell my daughter the truth about the commercial she likes so much.
My only advice if you want to cancel is to just keep calling and if you don't have two days to sit on the phone hitting redial you might have to cancel your card. I will find out in 4-6 weeks if I will get screwed again.
Good luck,
Karma19

Old 12-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I had the same experience and these people are breaking all kinds of disclosure laws! I wanted 2 snuggies, but was charged for FOUR for a total of $86.70.

I tried Customer Service, but kept getting a hang up or recorded message that "all circuits were busy." Finally, on the advice of one of the other posts, I emailed Fosdick Corporation (the fulfillment company for Snuggies). You can go online to get the email address.

kellyg@fosdickcorp.com assured me that the order would be canceled and I am awaiting confirmation that it was indeed canceled.

I submitted a complaint to the Wallingford CT Better Business Bureau. Here is the web address if anyone else would like to do the same. It was pretty easy.

connecticut.bbb.org

WARN YOUR FRIENDS. This product is being peddled by some pretty unsavory folks.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I really hope that you get your refund but I have since read many, many stories on the net about this Fosdick Corp. Refunds are promised but never given. Even a couple of people did get refunds to their accounts but then the next day, the money was taken back out. Check out Fosdick's Unsatisfactory BBB rating. Here is the link to the Connecticut BBB's report on this company. I am very happy to have cancelled my card because I don't have enough time to spend 10-12 months to try to get my refund. It is much easier to be without my Visa for 7 days!

http://ct.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.asp...&firm=39001219

Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Newbie Member

I would suggest that everyone write an email to William Pappas who is the president of Fosdick Corp.
(I actually called him and he called me back and made excuses for their lack of customer service and blamed the problems on Allstate Marketing which is the company marketing these blankets. Scott Boilen is the president of this company)

I highly recommend EVERYONE flooding both William Pappas and Scott Boilen with emails and phone calls!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I had same issues as the rest of you. I finally was able to contact a person (reasonably quickly) at Fosdick's Customer Service Department at 203-269-0211. They handled the cancellation (I did have an order number which helped).

The interesting thing is that they offered to lower my charge from $178.00 to $40.00 including the s&h (which was $63.00).

Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am not sure this should be considered a scam.
I did order Snuggie blankets hopeing that they would be here by Christmas.
It has been three weeks and they have not arrived. I checked with Fosdick company customer service and they told me they were to be mailed on Jan 8. Too late.
They were most helpful in canceling my order and said they will confirm it in writting.
I should have read the fine print. Said expect 2-6 weeks for delivery.
Have learned my lesson, no more ordering on items I see on the TV.
As I said this should not be considered a Scam. They would have delivered in January.

Merry Christmas All.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well...I should have kept a image of their website when I first ordered. There wasn't a link for the "Order Status" and the delivery time of 2 to 6 weeks was for outside the US. It looks different now. With that said maybe it's not a scam but merely a rip-off . The charges were far beyond what I thought I would pay, customer service phone number on web site never worked and there was no way to stop the order before actually seeing what you're being charged. Also, they told me they would cancel my order but could provide a confirmation. Hmmmm

Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Silver Member

Thank you everyone for alerting us to this B.S., whether it is scam or just horrible business practices of idiots doesn't matter, the results the same, angry customers or once potential
customers.

Littlebear

Old 12-22-2008, 06:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

So what are WIlliam Papas and Scott Boilen's contact info?
email and phone number please. I am pissed.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Newbie Member

William Pappas can be reached by contacting Fosdick corporation in Connecticut
Scott Boilen is the president of Allstate Marketing in NY.

I didn't keep their phone #s, but you can find on line.

I would highly recommend EVERYONE contacting them.

By the way, I did talk to Mr. Pappas who wasn't very helpful or customer friendly.

Mr. Boilen never bothered to return my call.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Both the SLANKET and the SNUGGIE are guilty of stealing this idea from the owners and original inventors of the FREEDOM BLANKET, Sean & Jennifer Iannuzzi. The FREEDOM BLANKET was out long before these two companies! The Slanket actually purchased a FREEDOM BLANKET months before they started up their business. AND the Snuggie is an EXACT copy of a FREEDOM BLANKET!
Now, my question is…Is it fair these two companies are making millions off of someone elses idea that they STOLE?

Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngg426 View Post
William Pappas can be reached by contacting Fosdick corporation in Connecticut
Scott Boilen is the president of Allstate Marketing in NY.

I didn't keep their phone #s, but you can find on line.

I would highly recommend EVERYONE contacting them.

By the way, I did talk to Mr. Pappas who wasn't very helpful or customer friendly.

Mr. Boilen never bothered to return my call.

ANYONE have their *home* phone ?

Littlebear