report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Newbie Member

Bright Builders

Has anyone joined bright Builders?, and if so would you pass on your experience.

Bookmark and Share

Old 12-19-2005, 11:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Bright Builders

I joined up with this company on 11/23/2005. They charged me $8060 for their services. At this time I am trying to get out of this contract. I was lucky that my credit card company did not put through the wire transfer of funds. Everything I have seen, read and listened to tells me that this is a scam. Look at the reports on Ripoffreports.com. :(

FirstAid

Old 02-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too signed up with this company. After a year, I am now $9,000.00 in the hole. I guess I can only blame myself for falling for one the biggest scams out there.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I signed up with them nearly a month ago. Kind of got my feet wet then when I needed help the most, no one was available. Also, they gave me a 3 day period to decide for sure whether I wanted to do it or not. I did after 3 days, but recently my father went into the hospital with a very serious problem and my advisor at college added two more evening classes to my schedule; while I'm still working 50 hours a week at my job. Bright builders said I could not get a refund because it was past the 3 days that they gave me. This seems ridiculous to me, they are out there for MONEY, not to help people build businesses. Tell me that any business is more important than someone's FATHER. I am trying to get out of this debt, but they aren't budging.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

ALSO... Like many others have said, they were very optimistic and I was promised I would make AT LEAST 800 dollars in my first month. They said that was the minimum amount anyone has made off of this flawless system. Right. I've been in it for nearly a month and my website isn't even half way done. Also, I'm going to have to end up paying nearly 100 dollars a month for hidden costs they never told me about, ALONG with my monthly payment for the "start-up" fee.... What a joke.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Are you guys talking about Bright Builders in Utah??? I was referred to them by a friend who works for the Utah Travel Council. Due to the great recommendation, I investigated them. I also have invested over 8000 in my education, but because I have done the work, I have made over 15k!!! It has been 5 and a half months and I couldn't have done it without their support! They helped me overcome my own self doubt, and now I want to help others do this. If you give up, no one can help you. Don't give up, once you are a Bright Builder student they will help you for life!!!! DO THE WORK. You will love the results,..........

Old 05-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Newbie Member

Also the Bright Builders are associate with a company called Precision Point Marketing. This company operates the sales side of Bright Builders. Also Precision Point Marketing also works for the Get E-Store / Universal Banner Network Company. So it works like this = Sign Up with Get E-Store = You Get a call from Percision Point Marketing = Sign Up with Precision Point Marketing = Sign Up with Bright Builders.

Check this web site out it gives all the information in regards to Precision Point Markeitng, Get E-Store and Bright Builders.

www.ripoffreport.com

This saved my wife and I $6,000.00, so I hope it saves you the same money, time and headackes. Take Care

Old 07-02-2006, 12:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just found out my my Mom signed up with this company a couple of months ago. She's spent almost 9k, and has nothing to show for it. Any advice on how I can get her money back? She paid with her Discover card, wouldn't it be as easy as challenging the charge?

Thanks,
Walter

Last edited by Walter : 07-02-2006 at 12:11 AM.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:17 AM
The Ultimate Moderater

I think the best thing to do is get a lawyer, contact the authorities, and sue the bastards! :mad: Jesus, 9k is alot to lose. Never pay for work! You're just asking to get scammed :(

Old 07-02-2006, 06:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks for the shared anger. A non-sleezy lawyer would cost more than 9k, but I'll go that route if necessary just on principle. I'm hoping to hear from someone that has been successful getting money back from this orginization; who is the best contact? Does anyone with decision power have a heart over there? Or is this a pure scam-em-and-leave-em company?

I took at look at my Mom's online card statement, it looks like the big charge (about 7k) was treated as a "Balance Transfer", as if it were debt moved over from another card. Neat trick - anyone know if this can be challenged?

Walter

Old 07-14-2007, 02:32 AM
Learning The Hard Way

Bright Builders, another victim

Internet Success Stratigies (ISS) and BrightBuilders would take their Grandmother's false teeth if they could. I was forced into a medical retirement; unable to work outside my home; and unable to pay normal bills nor pay for medical help I needed since it was unexpected. I looked to the Internet as a way to make extra income; not trying to become rich or even thinking I could. I checked out many things for months. BrightBuilders seemed to offer the most resources towards helping me suceed and so I initiated contact. (I was a Chief Aerospace Engineer for the Military, in charge of a multi-billion dollar program so I am neither lazy nor stupid). I agree that the positive comments seem fake - it is easy to blame people for being lazy; and, they have only said they are successful without a scrap of evidence or information to back that up.

After talking to one flunky for hours I said no, I could not afford it (they wanted over $6,000 from me). A couple days later a young sweet talking lady called me back about it and how I needed to take a risk to suceed. Again, I said no. The following week I got a call from the President of ISS which does the marketing for BrightBuilders. Oh, he was slick and convincing and gave me his word that if I did not at least make my money back within 6 months; he would personally give me a 100% refund. So, even the smartest of us do dumb things when desperate. And, this is one thing I hate - they took advantage of my desperate situation and have made it worse. The young man's word meant nothing, zip, zero, and so on. My calls have never been returned and emails go unanswered. On a couple occassions someone called and said that he will call me the next week. Never happens.

Both my wife and I studied and did the coaching every week for 4 months. If anything, I got bad advice about half the time. I learned almost nothing that I did not know before or that was not just common sense. Further, I wasted even more money buying into recommended places like DOBA and WorldWideBrands which were a waste as well. Worse, DOBA is a complete joke and eBay supports them! eBay is certainly no longer the friendly little community of nice people it was 10 years ago. They now perpetuate the scams without getting dirty themselves. I never found a thing that I could sell and make money on. People were already selling those things and at cheaper prices; or, where trying to sell without success. My wife and I each worked everyday for 10, 12 hours a day looking for our niche as they say. THAT IS HELP that would have been worth paying for. I was also being charged $50 a month for a web site that I could not use and had absolutely nothing on.

After almost a year, I am more in debt than ever. There are so very many scams and miss-leading things out there. We bought things to re-sell that turned out to be fake or junk and so on. As everyone knows, complaining or trying to get your money back gets you no where and nothing. Our government is doing nothing to protect us from these places. They have excuses that they cannot tell you what you really need to know, such as an honest, reliable, and good best place to obtain things to sell for a profit or really; how to find that niche that is so important. I bet my wife and I have searched many thousands of companies and sites and products. If my coach was doing so well, why is he coaching? When I call and talk to their customer service, why is the young lady not involved herself?

Sure, BrightBuilder Customer Service has been nice to me. They answer the phones, and return calls, and such. They have given me a six month reprieve to try and get my stuff together. Yes, the internet is a huge growing market with the largest growth being the growth of the scam market. So, we hear about success stories but we sure do not hear about failures which likely out numbers the first by thousands (otherwise we would all be rich and not writing to the RipOff Report). There are other sites as well to report scams and such; what is funny, is that many of them actually belong to scam sites and than push how they are helping to show you the truth!

No, it is as it has always been through-out the ages: buyer beware, no one can really help you but you, and no one is interested in your success once they have your money except again yourself. I have paid dearly for this worthless education. I am only doing this because I hope I can save one person from the grief I have gone through; it would be worth it. :cool:

Old 11-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Is there a way that everyone on this list can get together and file a class action suit against them?

Old 11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I read about them on Rip-off.com and there are so many of us who were scammed. They scam you by transferring money from your credit card to their credit card and then the bank will not refund your money because they say it was a money transfer and not a credit card transaction. What can we do??? Is there a way that we can have them reported and their books looked at so that the authorities can see what is going on and our money can then be refunded? Even if we get 1/2 back. Charging us over $7,000 is way too much money for anyone. Let's all get together and see what we can do. Something must be done.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too have been sucked in by Bright Builders. My friend and I joined. I supplied the funds and she did the work. So far, I have $5,888.00 invested and she has invested a lot of time. We have absolutely nothing to show for it. When they first called, I felt like I was at a time-share sales tour. I felt like he would never let me off the phone, unless I agreed with him. I guess that the only way to deal with people like this is to hang up the phone as soon as they start talking. They told me to give it 3 days, then give it a month, then give it 6 months, and they would refund the money, if we were not making enough money to pay it off. When I called and left a message demanding my money back, I got a call back from some guy affiliated with Ebay, who said that the charges were to pay for my education and you cannot get your money back. How do we start a class action suit. These people need to be stopped.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by not allergic to work View Post
Are you guys talking about Bright Builders in Utah??? I was referred to them by a friend who works for the Utah Travel Council. Due to the great recommendation, I investigated them. I also have invested over 8000 in my education, but because I have done the work, I have made over 15k!!! It has been 5 and a half months and I couldn't have done it without their support! They helped me overcome my own self doubt, and now I want to help others do this. If you give up, no one can help you. Don't give up, once you are a Bright Builder student they will help you for life!!!! DO THE WORK. You will love the results,..........

Why don't you introduce "mrunknow" to the Utah Travel Council to ask for help?? If they can help you, it means they can help mrunknow. Or this is just the introduction of BrightBuilder scam??

Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Newbie Member

I was also a victim of Brightbuilderes. They initiated a fund transfer by giving my credit card company a FICTICIOUS account number. I reported them to the Federal Trade Commission, the Attorney General, the BBB but did not get any help. I am currently in contact with Salt Lake City Co police. He gave me his email address and I provided him the rip off website.

I recommend that all the victims go on line and find the telephone number for SALT LAKE CITY police so that Brightbuilders and its resellers can be investigated. I also recommend that one of one establish a
P O BOX where all of us victims can write to each other and file a class action lawsuit.

I will be willing to get a P O BOX if any of you is willing to write to the P O Box.

We need to do something about this BIGGEST SCAM !!!
They took $9,000 from me. They misrepresented themselves as eBay when they call me.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

i got this call from bright builders and went on for almost 2 hours and i was very skeptical, but i let my guard down and give him two of credit card and he let me look at his website and i fell for it.

i did the wire transfer and hang the phone . i search google for bright builder and found out it's a big scam. i called my two credit card company and i was able to stop the money transfer and close my act and get a new cards. do u think these people will get me somehow since they have my recording for approving the service.
i am scared and don't know what to do. any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Old 11-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalavon View Post
do u think these people will get me somehow since they have my recording for approving the service.
i am scared and don't know what to do. any help will be appreciated.

thanks,
Since you have not received their "services" or have not payed them yet, you have a right to change your mind. You may try officially cancel it too. Any way, good thing that you prevented them from charging you.

They of cause could be ass holes and could report you to credit agencies. But chances of this are small and you should be able to fight it. Check your credit from time to time to be safe.

You did the right thing.