report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #37  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
I really don't call it karma, I call it what goes around comes around. And sometimes it needs little help. So when I backhand those that do me wrong, we will now call it karma. hehehehe...
Naw, that's not Karma. That's satisfaction

  #38  
Old 12-05-2008, 11:47 PM
howdy howdy is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,260
Re: Does Karma really exist?

After seeing OJ getting sent to prison for at least nine years as near as I can tell. Maybe that is karma. Though that being said, if karma did exist. Don't you think he should of been struck by lighting out on the golf course?


Reply With Quote

  #39  
Old 12-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Anti_thesisofreason's Avatar
Anti_thesisofreason Anti_thesisofreason is offline
Qwerty Kabal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western New York
Posts: 848
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
After seeing OJ getting sent to prison for at least nine years as near as I can tell. Maybe that is karma. Though that being said, if karma did exist. Don't you think he should of been struck by lighting out on the golf course?
Naw too obvious.
__________________
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7




Reply With Quote

  #40  
Old 12-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason View Post
Naw too obvious.
Yeah, but alls well that ends well, right? So I think that this time it ended well and who knows, the juice just might get " Juiced " while in prison.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #41  
Old 12-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Anti_thesisofreason's Avatar
Anti_thesisofreason Anti_thesisofreason is offline
Qwerty Kabal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western New York
Posts: 848
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Yeah, but alls well that ends well, right? So I think that this time it ended well and who knows, the juice just might get " Juiced " while in prison.
I actually find it quite comical.
__________________
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7


Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 12-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
I have been wondering does karma really exist? One would think considering that only a small percentage of population over the years have been screwing it up for the rest of us. You would think after all the hell a small group of people have put the human race through, that things might be different today if karma really existed.
Simple answer? - No. There is no 'karma'. Not in the sense that I think you mean, the accepted sense.

Bad things happen to good people.

Good things happen to bad people.

Sometimes these injustices are never corrected.

Sometimes these injustices just keep on repeating themselves, and being a tyrant really has brought riches and so on, over the years, while being a decent human being, usually brings only a struggle, and a bit of gloom, when you look around at the state of human society - we are a pretty nasty little species, in the grander scheme of things.

Anyway, I am afraid that there is no mechanism that causes people who commit injustices, to feel a backlash, least not outside of man made law, of course.

There is no karma.

There have been people who have killed children, and their identity remains a mystery to this day.

There is a good chance that they may even die, never having been caught.

Where is the justice, the good karma, for the relatives of the victim..?

Where is the justice re the person that did the killing?

There isn't.

Sadly, in that instance, they were never caught, and someone was killed for nothing.

Concepts such as karma are merely human imagination trying to make some reason of the horrors of the world.


Imo...

__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #43  
Old 12-06-2008, 07:46 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is online now
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,998
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Simple answer? - No. There is no 'karma'. Not in the sense that I think you mean, the accepted sense.

Bad things happen to good people.

Good things happen to bad people.

Sometimes these injustices are never corrected.

Sometimes these injustices just keep on repeating themselves, and being a tyrant really has brought riches and so on, over the years, while being a decent human being, usually brings only a struggle, and a bit of gloom, when you look around at the state of human society - we are a pretty nasty little species, in the grander scheme of things.

Anyway, I am afraid that there is no mechanism that causes people who commit injustices, to feel a backlash, least not outside of man made law, of course.

There is no karma.

There have been people who have killed children, and their identity remains a mystery to this day.

There is a good chance that they may even die, never having been caught.

Where is the justice, the good karma, for the relatives of the victim..?

Where is the justice re the person that did the killing?

There isn't.

Sadly, in that instance, they were never caught, and someone was killed for nothing.

Concepts such as karma are merely human imagination trying to make some reason of the horrors of the world.


Imo...

i dont think you can say karma does not exist!?you can only say it is not what we normally think/want it to be!?in other words,if i see someone get away with something i object to or feel goes against good human behavior,i cant assume that karma as i understand it applied will result in some kind of justice being applied in the time frame i think it should be!?or for the reason i think it should be that i would call justice!?

the other mistake is applying the idea of karma to anyone but yourself!?at least from a attitude orienting view!?all ideas/concepts are a 2 edged sword!?belonging to the underlying cause of the in-quisition in the first place!? hehe!!......just askn...
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you


Reply With Quote

  #44  
Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
howdy howdy is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,260
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Simple answer? - No. There is no 'karma'. Not in the sense that I think you mean, the accepted sense.

Bad things happen to good people.

Good things happen to bad people.

Sometimes these injustices are never corrected.

Sometimes these injustices just keep on repeating themselves, and being a tyrant really has brought riches and so on, over the years, while being a decent human being, usually brings only a struggle, and a bit of gloom, when you look around at the state of human society - we are a pretty nasty little species, in the grander scheme of things.

Anyway, I am afraid that there is no mechanism that causes people who commit injustices, to feel a backlash, least not outside of man made law, of course.

There is no karma.

There have been people who have killed children, and their identity remains a mystery to this day.

There is a good chance that they may even die, never having been caught.

Where is the justice, the good karma, for the relatives of the victim..?

Where is the justice re the person that did the killing?

There isn't.

Sadly, in that instance, they were never caught, and someone was killed for nothing.

Concepts such as karma are merely human imagination trying to make some reason of the horrors of the world.


Imo...

I can't say I disagree with you. I have stated that I feel karma does not exist. There is so much injustice in the world today. That is one reason I am not religious. The tyrants of the world know this. They use dogma among other things to control us, and justify their actions. Really depressing when you think about it. My thoughts are that the majority of humans are good, of course we all have our faults. Just a small minority that seems to ruining it for the rest of us. For these people there is never enough money, never enough power. I think of all the wars humanity has fought. A small group of people were able to set millions of us against one another. Terrifying when you think about it. I often wonder how far we would of come as humans, if it were not for this small minority of people that think only of themselves. To them human race be dammed. If these people could turn themselves into cyborgs, and have us so called useless eaters serve them. That is what they would love. To bow before them and serve them. I feel we are at a tipping point. I feel the majority will win, and this vile minority will be defeated. I guess I have "faith" in the majority of the human race. I am hopeful, without that what do we have really?


Reply With Quote

  #45  
Old 12-07-2008, 12:03 AM
tweetykiss's Avatar
tweetykiss tweetykiss is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a town
Posts: 255
Re: Does Karma really exist?

I can't really say I believe in it but I will not dispute it neither. However I always went by what my grandmother tells me (whom I forgot is originated by) that every good deed deserves a good turn.


Reply With Quote

  #46  
Old 12-07-2008, 12:26 AM
howdy howdy is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,260
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetykiss View Post
I can't really say I believe in it but I will not dispute it neither. However I always went by what my grandmother tells me (whom I forgot is originated by) that every good deed deserves a good turn.
What was the last thing thing you did to repay your karma?


Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 12-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Anti_thesisofreason's Avatar
Anti_thesisofreason Anti_thesisofreason is offline
Qwerty Kabal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western New York
Posts: 848
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
There have been people who have killed children, and their identity remains a mystery to this day.

There is a good chance that they may even die, never having been caught.

Where is the justice, the good karma, for the relatives of the victim..?

Where is the justice re the person that did the killing?

There isn't.

Sadly, in that instance, they were never caught, and someone was killed for nothing.

Concepts such as karma are merely human imagination trying to make some reason of the horrors of the world.


Imo...

I don't think Karma is a reward/punishment based system. However just because the fate of the murderer is not known does not necessarily mean that they did not get what we think they deserve.
__________________
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7




Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 12-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason View Post
I don't think Karma is a reward/punishment based system. However just because the fate of the murderer is not known does not necessarily mean that they did not get what we think they deserve.
Possibly, Karma, like so many other things exists in the mind of the believer. Beliving in somthing is powerful. For example, look at religion. All religions. To those that believe, it does miracles and to those that do not believe it does nothing as they say that there was another reason why things happen. Each has their own point of view.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Possibly, Karma, like so many other things exists in the mind of the believer. Beliving in somthing is powerful. For example, look at religion. All religions. To those that believe, it does miracles and to those that do not believe it does nothing as they say that there was another reason why things happen. Each has their own point of view.
Good post, most of which I agree with.

The accepted concept of 'Karma', much like all religion, exists only in the minds of a person. I could profess to believe in the tooth fairy or leprachauns, no matter how patrizan I was in my belief, it would not alter the fact that I was most likely deluded.

The only part of your post that I would disagree with, OT, is when you write that for those that do believe, miracles happen.

They don't.

Here's how it works.

In one room you place one hundred people who have a loved one who has cancer. They engage in no prayer for their loved one.

In another room you place another hundred people in a room who have a loved one, with precisely the same type and degree of cancer.

They do engage in prayer, asking for their loved one to be cured of their cancer.

In the final analysis, the same number of people from the first room will find that they have relatives whose cancer improves, as you would in the second room.

You would also have the same number of people in room one, whose relatives cancer had gotten worse, as you would in the second room.
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 12-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Good post, most of which I agree with.

The accepted concept of 'Karma', much like all religion, exists only in the minds of a person. I could profess to believe in the tooth fairy or leprachauns, no matter how patrizan I was in my belief, it would not alter the fact that I was most likely deluded.

The only part of your post that I would disagree with, OT, is when you write that for those that do believe, miracles happen.

They don't.

Here's how it works.

In one room you place one hundred people who have a loved one who has cancer. They engage in no prayer for their loved one.

In another room you place another hundred people in a room who have a loved one, with precisely the same type and degree of cancer.

They do engage in prayer, asking for their loved one to be cured of their cancer.

In the final analysis, the same number of people from the first room will find that they have relatives whose cancer improves, as you would in the second room.

You would also have the same number of people in room one, whose relatives cancer had gotten worse, as you would in the second room.
The best way I can describe it is to say it like this.

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find that to be true. So of those 200 people you spoke of, 100 of them say a miacle happened and the other 100 say it was a major breakthrough in science that lead to the recovery of their loved one.

And for the ones that got worse or died, 100 of the people said it was a miracle that not more people died. While the other 100 people said that science prevented the deaths of all of them.

Which group is right? I believe that they both are. People need something to believe in. Some believe in a higher authority while others place their faith in science. Without faith and hope I doubt that the human race as we kinow it today could survive.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #51  
Old 12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Without faith and hope I doubt that the human race as we kinow it today could survive.
Depends on what level you speak of, OT.

To have faith or hope in something which in all probability is not real, is but an enemy of reason, and actually, oddly enough, ends up hurting the person that perpetuates the false hope/flawed faith.

I can offer examples, if you wish...
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old 12-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Depends on what level you speak of, OT.

To have faith or hope in something which in all probability is not real, is but an enemy of reason, and actually, oddly enough, ends up hurting the person that perpetuates the false hope/flawed faith.

I can offer examples, if you wish...
Of that I have no doubt. Even though I am a man of very little religious faith. What has just happened to me with the eye operations is to me a miracle. I believe that it is a miracle that the scientists were able to come up with the knowledge and ability to discover a way for somone like me to be able to see again. After wearing trifocals for 20 or so years I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is a miacle I can see with perfect vision again. Whether it is a religious or a scientific miracle, or you can call it what you will. It happened.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #53  
Old 12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
krazy12982 krazy12982 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 592
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
After seeing OJ getting sent to prison for at least nine years as near as I can tell. Maybe that is karma. Though that being said, if karma did exist. Don't you think he should of been struck by lighting out on the golf course?
Nah I think getting him by lighting would be to easy on OJ....karma in this situation would be something much more gruesome where he actually suffers before he goes. I dont normally wish that on a person....but OJ is a unremorseful POS.
__________________
Now quit your yappin!!


Reply With Quote

  #54  
Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
Nah I think getting him by lighting would be to easy on OJ....karma in this situation would be something much more gruesome where he actually suffers before he goes. I dont normally wish that on a person....but OJ is a unremorseful POS.
He may well get that suffering in prison

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karma? willyjoe Political Chat 14 06-24-2012 01:32 AM
Karma is Real sojustask Political Chat 15 08-27-2010 05:04 PM
Karma for libruls goodwitchofthesouth Political Chat 6 10-24-2008 05:39 PM
KARMA the emotional security blankey, DOGMA=Karma littlebear Religious Scams 8 03-07-2007 10:57 AM
Scientific Karma? enlightenment Science Scams 101 02-24-2007 08:11 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.