report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Does Karma really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
which small percentage are you referring to!?possibly insane/destructive individuals!?some quite powerful and famous!? heeh!!.....just askn...
I am not referring to the famous. I am referring to the people behind the curtain. Hee-Hee, back to you.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

The Law of Karma:

Karma is a Sanskrit word that means action...choice making. Every moment there are infinite choices available. We make them consciously or unconsciously. Every moment one choice is the most karmicly correct, appropriate, and evolutionary. It is the one that will bring joy and fulfillment to oneself and others who are affected by it. Every choice generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind. If we chose that which is joy and happiness and fulfillment for others, it will be joy and happiness and fulfillment for ourselves. Help someone...be helped.

How do we actualize this law? Nature gives us a computing system...a system of intelligence...intuition...which is the finest level of feeling within ourselves. We can use that system to link to the spaces between thoughts where there is infinite correlation, infinite possibility. We have the ability to take an infinity of possibilities and simultaneously create events that will fulfill our desires.

Our bodies can think, kill germs, monitor the movement of the stars while incorporating that into our biochemical processes, and play music all at the same time. This is not a linear process, and every cell within the body has this ability. We can access it by listening to messages from the body...comfort/discomfort...pleasure/disgust. We can be tuned in to the messages and have a heightened sense of awareness. We can tune in to the finest level of feeling.

Cultivate body awareness and listen to what the body is saying. Ask the body...do you feel comfort or discomfort? The heart is an organ of wisdom and intelligence. Bring your choice from a level of subconsciousness to consciousness. Observe your choice without labeling it...just witness it...bring it to consciousness. Then foresee all the consequences of that choice and ask yourself, "Will this bring fulfillness and happiness to me and those affected?" Then ask the body, and "listen to how it feels."

The heart is wise and sober, not sentimental. In one of Castaneda's books Don Juan says that we do not need sentimentality on the path to realization. He says to beware of those who weep with it for they have realized nothing. What we need is sobriety. Witness the consequences and ask the body and listen. Ask the heart for guidance and listen. Say to yourself, "As I listen I will create all things I desire in my life."

Karma is the software of the soul. It is physical/subtle/ causal. There is an endless cycle of karma...action, memory, desire, action again. Every thought is karmicly generated. We cannot try to have a positive attitude, but our attitude will change if our choices are appropriate. The choices will produce a change in thought. Every thought is a memory or a desire... an interpretation or a choice. We are infinite choice makers and interpreters. If we use conscious choice making from a deep level then we can create what we want. Karma and giving are intimately related. Giving is karma...creating potentiality for space/time events in the future.

There is the age old question of whether the universe is preordained (deterministic) or whether we have freedom of choice. When we are unaware, then we are determined ... Pavlovian...at the mercy of our reactions to what anyone else does or says. But if we are aware (and spirituality is a progression into that domain of awareness that is more aware...aware of awareness itself) then evolution is the nature of life. Karma is the ultimate affirmation of freedom. Swami Vivikananda has said, "Karma is the eternal assertion of human freedom. Our thoughts, words, and deeds are the threads of the net that we throw around ourselves."

hehe!!.....just askn...

Old 11-23-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
I am not referring to the famous. I am referring to the people behind the curtain. Hee-Hee, back to you.
you mean the veil!?of darkness!?of ignorance!?a psychological curtain!?those controling things behind the provided scenery!? hehe!!.....just askn...

Old 11-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
you mean the veil!?of darkness!?of ignorance!?a psychological curtain!?those controling things behind the provided scenery!? hehe!!.....just askn...
That is exactly what I am saying. So ask yourself where is the justice? Where is the karma? Does karma exist? No it would appear that it does not. Perhaps the people behind the curtain knew this all along.
Back to you....

Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
That is exactly what I am saying. So ask yourself where is the justice? Where is the karma? Does karma exist? No it would appear that it does not. Perhaps the people behind the curtain knew this all along.
Back to you....
Perhaps maybe Karma and conscience are both one and a controling factor in us.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Just to the edge ,never over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
hey Howdy, I keep telling everyone that I am the only sane oine here and the rest of ya are all insane. But nobody believes me.
Well , I'm the saneist person I know where I go.

I always thought karma was like " what goes around ,comes around.
meaning that if I stop and help a person broke down on the road today. sometime in the future when I am in need of some help I will get it. it don't have to be help cuz I am broke down on the road , it could be any number of things a person would need help with , IMO karma is a tit for tat thing ,,

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Last edited by kathaj : 11-28-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:07 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
Well , I'm the saneist person I know where I go.

I always thought karma was like " what goes around ,comes around.
meaning that if I stop and help a person broke down on the road today. sometime in the future when I am in need of some help I will get it. it don't have to be help cuz I am broke down on the road , it could be any number of things a person would need help with , IMO karma is a tit for tat thing ,,
I believe that everything comes full circle in time. We are born-we die. We eat-we get hungry. we sleep-we are awake. we help someone-they help others until it comes back to you.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:41 PM

maybe the question should be posed differently!?if karma does not exist,then how would i act/think/FEEL differently!? hehe!!......just askn...

Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
maybe the question should be posed differently!?if karma does not exist,then how would i act/think/FEEL differently!? hehe!!......just askn...
these three things " act/think/FEEL " are all combined to determin what we do in our lives every day

Old 11-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
these three things " act/think/FEEL " are all combined to determin what we do in our lives every day
Makes me think about the movie Groundhog Day. How the choices you make in a given day can affect what happens the next. Then how that might affect the rest of your life. Choices we make today can and will affect our lives years down the road. Though if we could have one day to replay over, and over until we got it right. Then move on to the next. Well I guess if that was the case we might just be here for thousands of years. So how does this relate to Karma? I'm not sure. Perhaps if I could relive this day again, I could show the relation.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:48 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Makes me think about the movie Groundhog Day. How the choices you make in a given day can affect what happens the next. Then how that might affect the rest of your life. Choices we make today can and will affect our lives years down the road. Though if we could have one day to replay over, and over until we got it right. Then move on to the next. Well I guess if that was the case we might just be here for thousands of years. So how does this relate to Karma? I'm not sure. Perhaps if I could relive this day again, I could show the relation.
I like your train of thought on that Howdy. But if we could relive the day over, how would it reflect on the days ahead. How many other lives would be affected by the actions you change. For every action there is a reaction and that reaction would also be changed, right?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I like your train of thought on that Howdy. But if we could relive the day over, how would it reflect on the days ahead. How many other lives would be affected by the actions you change. For every action there is a reaction and that reaction would also be changed, right?
My guess would be that once you had perfected your day. Life from that point on would continue normally from the choice you made. If you relive that day until you got it perfect, than the poor choices you made and how that would affect the future. Well that would not matter. For the future was not set until you had completed your perfect day.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:00 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
My guess would be that once you had perfected your day. Life from that point on would continue normally from the choice you made. If you relive that day until you got it perfect, than the poor choices you made and how that would affect the future. Well that would not matter. For the future was not set until you had completed your perfect day.
But as there is a reaction for every action, what if your bad day made a good day for others.
If you changed your day from bad to good isn't there a possibility that others will have a bad day then or maybe something even worse could happen because you have just changed history? You would be doing something different so there would be different reactions through out the world. Maybe even another Hitler copuldbe born as a result. Any thoughts on this?

Old 11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
But as there is a reaction for every action, what if your bad day made a good day for others.
If you changed your day from bad to good isn't there a possibility that others will have a bad day then or maybe something even worse could happen because you have just changed history? You would be doing something different so there would be different reactions through out the world. Maybe even another Hitler copuldbe born as a result. Any thoughts on this?
Yes, it is a good thing that we cannot be perfect on every day. Still the choices we make does affect so many lives. Perhaps just being nice to someone. Just a smile and kind hello could make more of difference years down the road then we could ever know. I know I can be a mean SOB in the political section. That being said in my personal life, I always try to have a kind word for people. So I am saying that sometimes a smile and a kind word goes a long way.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:03 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Yes, it is a good thing that we cannot be perfect on every day. Still the choices we make does affect so many lives. Perhaps just being nice to someone. Just a smile and kind hello could make more of difference years down the road then we could ever know. I know I can be a mean SOB in the political section. That being said in my personal life, I always try to have a kind word for people. So I am saying that sometimes a smile and a kind word goes a long way.
Well since it is a well known fact that you can always catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar, I try to apply that as using manners and treating others as I would like to be treated.

As far as the political aspect goes, well, I do not adhere to any partys line what so ever. I have seen the best of friends become bitter enimies over politics. All around the world, people are being killed because of it. The way it is beginning to look, the same thing my well soon happen here. If you don't think so, just disagree with someone about politics and you will soon be subjected to both verbal and sometimes physical abuse. Just look at all of the verbal abuse on this forum for example.

I can only see both politics and religion as both greed and power and being used as a form of control. Ever since there has been recorded history, those two factors, politics and religion have been responsible for more hatred and wars and deaths than any other thing known to man today. There is your karma. Your good and bad. The action and reaction factors. And yes it will most definately affect many other lives. Please forgive the ramblings of a shall we say older person. Have a really great day world.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Qwerty Kabal

The way I understand it there is no "good" or "bad" Karma.
Karma is merely an action what you do with it makes it good or bad not the action itself.

I don't see Karma as a reward/punishment based system.
I look at Karma as more of a take responsibility for you actions, kind of thing. If you did wrong admit to it take the consequences for it but most importantly learn from it and make appropriate changes in your life to reflect the lessons learned.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7

Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason View Post
The way I understand it there is no "good" or "bad" Karma.
Karma is merely an action what you do with it makes it good or bad not the action itself.

I don't see Karma as a reward/punishment based system.
I look at Karma as more of a take responsibility for you actions, kind of thing. If you did wrong admit to it take the consequences for it but most importantly learn from it and make appropriate changes in your life to reflect the lessons learned.
Not bad, not bad at all. It does seem that there are as many ways to describe what Karma is as there are people. So possibily it can mean something different to all of us yet it is still the same for all of us?

Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

I really don't call it karma, I call it what goes around comes around. And sometimes it needs little help. So when I backhand those that do me wrong, we will now call it karma. hehehehe...