report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2008, 05:48 PM
In the lab...

Guardian Equity Fund?

Trying to figure out if this forex trader is legit...would love to hear some actual evidence of this place working.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
In the lab...

Re: Guardian Equity Fund?

Anyone? Wonder if I can check the SEC to see if they're worth a shit.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Proud Father of Three Little Angels

NO.
First off they're not even a registered company. Secondly, their entire website consists of the tagline of how with their services you can "legally rob banks." If that doesn't sound like a scam, then I don't know what does!

Do a 'whois' lookup on their domain, it's hosted on one of those dime-a-dozen cheap ISPs (if you were a real corporation, wouldn't you need a little more bandwidth/flexibility, especially if your business depending upon it)? Plus there is NO legitimate contact information other than a seedy looking email address and a skype name, which means there is pretty much no actual way of contacting them.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Suggest you do what we did....contact the company and set up a meeting...yes we flew down for a face to face...have been earning about 6% weekly on our spends with GEF....ALWAYS do your homework before spending with ANYONE

Before you ask we are not looking for referrals !!

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Good morning, to all--

I am one of the founders of Equity Guardian Group, LLC. A Registered Investment Advisory with the SEC. I believe this organization you are referring to here has been attempting to use the semblance of our company's good name in order to convince unwary investors to deposit funds with them.

We just became aware of this organization this morning. A 'client' of theirs attempted to send funds to this organization (to Guardian Equity Fund) and thought they sent it to us instead (which was not the case, we do not have custody of funds).

I can only assume that the person who contacted us about a 'return of their $179.00' is now the unwitting victim of a scam perpetrated by this similar sounding company.

I just wanted to put my two cents in here to remind people to NEVER send funds (in this case, I believe it was via an AlertPay account) to anyone unless you have signed a legal contract with them.

If you don't have a signed contract with an Investment Advisor, then they aren't your advisor, and they do not have a fiduciary duty to you whatsoever. This means they can put their needs and goals above your own -- as an RIA, we are mandated by law to put your needs above our own.

On a dour note, even in some cases where your contractually obligated RIA or fund manager has this duty, you can still lose money. Just ask the clients of Bernard Madoff. He wasn't an RIA, was not regulated by the SEC, and in the end was a crook and a thief.

Bottom line: know your advisor. If you don't trust him/her, if you can't visit them in person and have a face-to-face about your financial needs and goals, you are better off on your own.

When times get tough, people want more than ever to recoup losses and make profits quickly, sometimes without thinking fully about the consequences. This is not a time to rush into ANY investment without doing your due diligence.

If you have investment questions about investing for yourself, managing your own accounts, IRA or other retirement funds, you may want to read/participate at www.Traders-Talk.com. It's the longest running free investment forum on the Internet today, with a solid community of people trying not to lose their shirts in this increasingly difficult economy, and sharing their insights along the way.

Good luck to you all,
H. Hopes
Equity Guardian Group, LLC.
Registered Investment Advisor

Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Guardian Equity Fund STILL not a scam???

DO THE MATH!!

This company boasts 1% return every trading day (5% each week) COMPOUNDED every week. So you all understand how ridiculous this is, here's a break down:

A $1000 investment untouched will be:

Doubled within 15 weeks.
$10,000 within a year.
A MILLION within 3 years.
And pay the U.S. NATIONAL DEBT in 10!!

The formula I used is:
LOG(Goal$ / Start$) = time[ LOG(1.00 + interest) ].

If college Algebra is too complicated for you, do this: Start with the $1000 and multiply 1.05. This is your investment plus 5% interest at the end of the 1st week. Now, take the NEW number, $1050, and multiply it again by 1.05 to get the 2nd week. Repeat this over and over again, multiplying each week to PREVIOUS WEEK'S NUMBER to get each week's amount.

P.S. For those who simply multiplied $50 x 52 weeks, that's compounded ANNUALLY. This company boasts WEEKLY compounding. Thank you.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Guardian Equity Fund STILL not a scam???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchenrynick View Post
DO THE MATH!!

This company boasts 1% return every trading day (5% each week) COMPOUNDED every week. So you all understand how ridiculous this is, here's a break down:

A $1000 investment untouched will be:

Doubled within 15 weeks.
$10,000 within a year.
A MILLION within 3 years.
And pay the U.S. NATIONAL DEBT in 10!!

The formula I used is:
LOG(Goal$ / Start$) = time[ LOG(1.00 + interest) ].

If college Algebra is too complicated for you, do this: Start with the $1000 and multiply 1.05. This is your investment plus 5% interest at the end of the 1st week. Now, take the NEW number, $1050, and multiply it again by 1.05 to get the 2nd week. Repeat this over and over again, multiplying each week to PREVIOUS WEEK'S NUMBER to get each week's amount.

P.S. For those who simply multiplied $50 x 52 weeks, that's compounded ANNUALLY. This company boasts WEEKLY compounding. Thank you.
I agree. This is a scam no doubt. Scammers aaron and shara did the dd. That says a lot plus you are right on the maths. It will pay for a while and go the way of all scams. Stay away!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Can say if they are a scam or not but I can tell you they are hiding a lot of information, charge a ridiculous 25% withdrawal fee and only want cool aide drinking, tell me anything and I will send you money kind of people. I asked a few questions in the forum about why it was so hard to get information and the updates were so short on info. and they refunded my money and kicked me out.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Beware of any site that seems to good to be true. These are also scams: Oceanside Wealth (OSW), Cash Link Financial, & Affordable Associates. Google search OSW & Guardian Equity Fund together, and you will find that only one person is happy with both, krusso, which is Ken Russo, a well-known internet scammer. Except for OSW, all the others were referred to me by David Riebe of Buffalo Grove, IL (also posts as Chicago) whom runs burnedbymlm.com. Whatever you do, DON'T CONTACT HIM. He just "drinks the Kool-Aid" of his business contacts and sticks his money in all of these ponzi schemes. CONSIDER THIS YOUR FAIR WARNING...

Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchenrynick View Post
Beware of any site that seems to good to be true. These are also scams: Oceanside Wealth (OSW), Cash Link Financial, & Affordable Associates. Google search OSW & Guardian Equity Fund together, and you will find that only one person is happy with both, krusso, which is Ken Russo, a well-known internet scammer. Except for OSW, all the others were referred to me by David Riebe of Buffalo Grove, IL (also posts as Chicago) whom runs burnedbymlm.com. Whatever you do, DON'T CONTACT HIM. He just "drinks the Kool-Aid" of his business contacts and sticks his money in all of these ponzi schemes. CONSIDER THIS YOUR FAIR WARNING...
Deleted by author because there are several links in this post that appear as if they are mine, but they ARE NOT! I am NOT involved in any of the programs listed below.

Last edited by Louie : 08-13-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
Suggest you do what we did....contact the company and set up a meeting...yes we flew down for a face to face...have been earning about 6% weekly on our spends with GEF....ALWAYS do your homework before spending with ANYONE

Before you ask we are not looking for referrals !!

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!
Hello Lookout. Are you still in GEF? How has your experience been with them so far?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu View Post
Hello Lookout. Are you still in GEF? How has your experience been with them so far?
Don't be a fool in still believing this. NOBODY, BUT NOBODY can possibly even get a return anywhere near this, much less PROMISE IT as guaranteed return ON TOP OF their profits! READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY: SANTA CLAUS IS MORE PLAUSIBLE THAN THIS!!!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

THIS SCAMMER HAS NOW CLOSED THIS COMPANY AND RESTARTED A NEW ONE...UNITED PACIFIC BANCORP. Yes, UNITED PACIFIC BANCORP is Guardian Equity Fund's internet scammers' new site! So yes, UNITED PACIFIC BANCORP is a SCAM, too!!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Newbie Member

So what happened here. I have not heard about it closing on any of the ponzi forums. Did it just quit paying or what?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

How can one be sure they are a Scammer? No information available? What makes upban.com a Scam Site? Edit... Something I Found... $1725450 US United Pacific Bancorp Ltd, New Zealand, Company Number 2144469. Holding Company That is an expensive Ponzi Scam!!!

Last edited by trbisso : 12-23-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Guardian Equity Group or UPBAN as it was later called is a total scam. Robert Ledesma aka Traves Brownlee is a total scammer.

And for any current members of GEG:

So now we should all finally know that there is absolutely NO doubt that Robert / Traves is a lying, cheating, scumbag.

I hope that everyone understands that the only way you can ever get any money from Robert is by him stealing it from someone else. There is no big forex account that our money was put into. Never was. There is no "clean" money coming from him EVER.

SO, what can WE do to help put this man behind bars?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

There is an unfortunate similarity to our company's name, Equity Guardian Group, LLC. which is a Registered Investment Advisory that is regulated by the SEC and has an infallible reputation for over ten years.

I believe you may have meant to write Guardian Equity Fund. This is a wholly unrelated enterprise which has NOTHING to to with us. We have had to deal with the backlash of this disreputable firm for several years now, as they have been attempting to ride the coattails of our good name.

Thank you,

H o l l y H o p e s Y o u n g
Equity Guardian Group, LLC.
www.EquityGuaridanGroup.com

Last edited by Registered Investment Adv : 09-20-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

No mistake, GEG went by a lot of names including Guardian Equity Fund, Guardian Equity Group, Upban, now United Pacific Financial Services. A total scam. Not related to your company even though the name is similar