report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2006, 10:21 PM

Re: Liberty League International

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunklau
Hey Barry,

You're not gonna make any friends with that one.

Go back to watching Jay Leno.
Like I said, Dunky, ya have to be sinking REALLY low to make up quotes and put somebody else's name on it......but hey, if the shoe fits.....

Old 02-11-2006, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtolearn
This question still wasn't answered...can you answer it, newlifestyle? Or anyone else on here that knows Liberty League? (or Emerald Passport, for that matter)

Is the money to be made primarily dependent upon the continued, successive recruitment of other participants?
1. LLI is ONLY ONE LEVEL, ie the person you buy the Retail product from, deep. So how is that by definition MLM? That makes Sears an MLM, because they buy products from manufacturers and wholesalers and profits from Sears sales pass upward over several levels.....?

2. There is NO, repeat NO incentive, payment, commission, or anything ELSE for recruiting someone into LLI. That is stressed OVER AND OVER again in the LLI Compliance Guide, and on the LLI website.

3. If you want to build a successful business, you need to have other people working with you....a 'team'. BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO RECRUIT OTHER PEOPLE. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, DON'T. You can work alone if you wish.

Hey, at least YOU"RE not forging quotes........which, by the way, is cause for banning from the board.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtolearn

Sellers shall not:

(1) Represent that a business opportunity or multilevel program provides income or earning potential of any kind unless the seller has documented data to substantiate the claims of income or earning potential, which data shall be furnished to the administrator or his representatives upon request;

Aren't they making statements about earnings? Isn't that the whole pull?

The law says that if they aren't doing those things, that people can get their money back within a year AND that they can sue the company for three times that amount. I wonder why there aren't lawsuits already...
Before EVERY business presentation call, and on the website, there is a disclaimer that states that NO income representations or guarantees are being made, and that some people may earn NOTHING.

It is contrary to LLI Compliance Guide and stated written policy to represent ANY earnings.

There aren't lawsuits, because LLI COMPLIES with the legal requirements for sales in ALL states and in all Provinces of Canada.

As in ANY Retail transaction, the buyer has 3 days from receipt of the product, or signing up, to request a refund.

LLI generally allows more time than that, to be as fair as possible.

In fact, you MUST check off a box saying that you have READ and UNDERSTOOD your rights to a refund in order to proceed when joining or ordering.

ALL OF THESE THINGS are posted on the website, if you bothered to look.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlifestyle
blah blah blah (insert answer to question that wasn't asked here) blah blah blah
I noticed you still haven't addressed 2 questions which have been put to you repeatedly.

1. Is compensation primarily derived from sales to people who are in it for the biz op?

2. What is the RETAIL sales requirement in order to get paid? You say that we don't have to recruit if we don't want to. DUHHHHH. That's not what I asked. What I asked was: What if all I want to do is recruit? Is that OK with LLI? Methinks it is. Is that ok with the FTC? Noper.

Are you really that dumb that you don't know what we're asking? You couldn't be, after all, you're a geofizzicist.

And quit whining about why I haven't been banned. The moderator is one of my biggest fans, jackass.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
There aren't lawsuits, because LLI COMPLIES with the legal requirements
That's because LLI is still in the pre-implosion phase. When did Enron come under scrutiny? The very day they started cooking the books?

And you should be a dance instructor the way you're doing the Lambada around our questions.

Last edited by bdunklau : 02-12-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:16 AM

Quote:
I noticed you still haven't addressed 2 questions which have been put to you repeatedly.

1. Is compensation primarily derived from sales to people who are in it for the biz op?.
You haven't been paying attention....but I'll say it again.

The ONLY compensation received by Liberty League Advisors is from Retail sales. There is NO payment for bringing others into the company.

Quote:
2. What is the RETAIL sales requirement in order to get paid? You say that we don't have to recruit if we don't want to. DUHHHHH. That's not what I asked. What I asked was: What if all I want to do is recruit? Is that OK with LLI? Methinks it is. Is that ok with the FTC? Noper.
An associate CAN'T 'Recruit' Only. You have to SELL Retail product to be QUALIFIED to bring others into the company.

Quote:
Are you really that dumb that you don't know what we're asking? You couldn't be, after all, you're a geofizzicist.
I KNEW that you couldn't spell that without a dictionary

Quote:
And quit whining about why I haven't been banned. The moderator is one of my biggest fans, jackass.
Maybe, maybe not.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:21 AM

Quote:
That's because LLI is still in the pre-implosion phase. When did Enron come under scrutiny? The very day they started cooking the books?
Liberty League is in its 5th year of business......must be doing SOMETHING right.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Quote:
You really ruined it with that plug at the end, but still a pretty enlightening piece.
When you can quote accurately and not make things up you'll be allowed to remain on the forum. I do not know who you are so I can hardly be your greatest fan.

Take this week to reflect on your tactics. We expose scams here, we do not allow members to continue flaming each other for long without consequences. Read the rules at the top of each forum.

Lady Mod

Old 03-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawb
Seeing that you feel good enough to sleep at night while taking advantage of people just shows how capitalism has been twisted perversely.

Lol Rawb... i completely agree... Newlifestyle is trying to take advantage of innocent people and rob them thousands

Old 03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Liberty League is in its 5th year of business......must be doing SOMETHING right.

you have to be kidding - Hamas has been around for 20 years - doesn't mena they are doing SOMETHING right.

The fact that LLI has been around 5 years means that they have not made much of an impact on the broader scam market.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I DON'T 'take advantge' of ANYBODY, Rawb. I present them with an opportunity.....they either take it or they don't.

I DON'T 'sell'. I simply present the opportunity, encourage people to check it out themselves, and collect their response.

They're either 'in' or they're 'out'. To me it doesn't matter one way or the other. It's THEIR lives.

I sleep just fine. I BELIEVE that I am helping people. You obviously don't see it that way, but many who have been helped DO......and some don't.

That's life. You can't please all of the people all of the time, although I give it my best shot.

At least YOUR criticisms are civil and well-constructed.

Have a good one.

Barry,
How about we post my earlier answer to Rawbs assertion, instead of letting a 'know nothing' Basher make assertions about MY character.......Hey Spanker, what do YOU do for a living?

Old 03-07-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck98

The fact that LLI has been around 5 years means that they have not made much of an impact on the broader scam market.
Care to elaborate on HOW being in the Direct Marketing business makes LLI a 'scam', or do you not know the Definition of the word?

Old 03-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Newbie Member

Not sure if anyone read my post on the sad truth about LLI. My sister and her husband lost their home and their car doing this business. This business is based on nothing more than greed, pure and simple! I'm sure some people, but a very very very small percentage do make a six figure income, but most people won't.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom04
Not sure if anyone read my post on the sad truth about LLI. My sister and her husband lost their home and their car doing this business. This business is based on nothing more than greed, pure and simple! I'm sure some people, but a very very very small percentage do make a six figure income, but most people won't.
Actually, the SAD TRUTH is:.....like EVERY OTHER BUSINESS, some will make it, and some won't.

And yes, angelmom04, I DID read your post, and all the rest that you've posted telling people that your Sister-in-law and husband DID MAKE MONEY with LLI.

The fact that they BOUGHT leads rather than learning how to Generate their own, is unfortunate. Perhaps they didn't have the right Advisor, or didn't pay attention to the Training conference calls where you are instructed on how to do lead generation on your own.

Persistence and Perseverance are the two Greatest assets in Direct Marketing.......SUCCESSFUL people NEVER, EVER give up, they believe in themselves and their products......and that applies to ANY BUSINESS ENDEAVOR.

Last edited by newlifestyle : 03-07-2006 at 07:46 PM.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:18 PM
openQuestion

Quote:
Actually, the SAD TRUTH is:.....like EVERY OTHER BUSINESS, some will make it, and some won't.
'cept in this business, it seems like MOST won't, a few will.
Quote:
And yes, angelmom04, I DID read your post, and all the rest that you've posted telling people that your Sister-in-law and husband DID MAKE MONEY with LLI.
Please do enlighten us as to which is true.
Quote:
The fact that they BOUGHT leads rather than learning how to Generate their own, is unfortunate. Perhaps they didn't have the right Advisor, or didn't pay attention to the Training conference calls where you are instructed on how to do lead generation on your own.
Seems like they might have just failed because they weren't good at it (like most people will).
Quote:
Persistence and Perseverance are the two Greatest assets in Direct Marketing.......SUCCESSFUL people NEVER, EVER give up, they believe in themselves and their products......and that applies to ANY BUSINESS ENDEAVOR..
Is it okay to quit when you stop believing in the products, company and/or industry? Or should you just continue on at that point and keep wasting your time?

Old 03-08-2006, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openQuestion
'cept in this business, it seems like MOST won't, a few will.
In MOST businesses that is TRUE. In North America, INCLUDING 'bricks and mortar' businesses, MOST FAIL.....that's just the way it is. Not EVERYBODY is cut out to run a business......ANY business.

Quote:
Please do enlighten us as to which is true.
Let's look at Angelmom04's ORIGINAL post about her Sister

Quote:
My sister and her husband were involved with LLI for about a year. Yes, they were one of the lucky few who actually made something. Nothing near the six figure potential they hype about. My husband and I have been helping them move all day. Are they getting a bigger house? NO! They are having to move back in with my mom becasue they can't afford the one they had! It's being foreclosed on. Not only that, they lost their car to. All in the name of Libertyleague International!
Quote:
Seems like they might have just failed because they weren't good at it (like most people will).
Angelmom04 said they failed because they spent too much money BUYING leads. I responded to that in particular.

Quote:
fact my sister-in-law did make some money with LL, but her husband had to get an hourly job. She lost too much buying leads.
OOOPS....now it's her sister-in-law........

Quote:
Is it okay to quit when you stop believing in the products, company and/or industry? Or should you just continue on at that point and keep wasting your time?
When you stop believing in the products, company and/or industry, it's time for a CHANGE.

When you stop believing in YOURSELF, it IS time to quit.

Last edited by newlifestyle : 03-08-2006 at 02:16 AM.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
openQuestion

Quote:
In MOST businesses that is TRUE. In North America, INCLUDING 'bricks and mortar' businesses, MOST FAIL.....that's just the way it is. Not EVERYBODY is cut out to run a business......ANY business.
No argument there. Problem is, most people promoting this business don't seem to want to mention that fact to the recruits. Instead, they simply tell them "anyone can do", recruit everyone they can recruit, and then watch them fail. Seems kinda sad to me.
Quote:
Let's look at Angelmom04's ORIGINAL post about her Sister
Angelmom04 said they failed because they spent too much money BUYING leads. I responded to that in particular.
OOOPS....now it's her sister-in-law........
Gotcha. A little strange, yes.
Quote:
When you stop believing in the products, company and/or industry, it's time for a CHANGE.
When you stop believing in YOURSELF, it IS time to quit..
And what do you do when you believe in YOURSELF, but you stop believing in the concept of the entire industry, and you believe that most (NOT all) of the so-called heavy hitters working it or nothing but a bunch of self-serving creeps, then what do you do?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:26 PM
openQuestion

Quote:
And by the way: everyone should take close notice of the quote above. Here is an MLM proponent telling you that a) MLM is a real business; and b) most people -- MOST PEOPLE -- are NOT qualified to run a business (including MLM). And in the next sentence, he/she is likely to be telling you how easy it is to find the tons of people you will need to build your MLM business. Anyone seeing the contradictions here?