report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

What is Scam ? What do you consider as a

In your point of view what will you consider as a scam?
For example, some people consider that they have been scammed only when they are financially cheated. Others will consider that they have been scammed even when some one has not kept their word etc. So what do you consider as scam in your point of view.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: What is Scam ? What do you consider as a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Ring View Post
In your point of view what will you consider as a scam?
For example, some people consider that they have been scammed only when they are financially cheated. Others will consider that they have been scammed even when some one has not kept their word etc. So what do you consider as scam in your point of view.
Pretty much any time you are told to expect one thing for money or time, and you are given something considerably less than was agreed on.

Usually it has some kind of agreement that one party backs out on and stiffs the other party who's already paid up.
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Platinum Member

When one party pays up and the other does not deliver as promised , it is a scam.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Information is Power

The definition of a scam is to intentionally deprive by deceit.

I think a lot of times people use the term to loosely when talking about programs. I'm not defending or endorsing any programs out there but people really need to know the difference between a scam and something that is very unlikely to make you money.

Also if you don't put in the work to make money it is not a scam. It is called not doing the work to be successful. There are tons of scams out there but there are also tons of legitimate ways to make money too.

Once again I am not endorsing or defending anything or anybody I just often times see people use the word scam when it doesn't really fit.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Scam Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaneypop View Post
The definition of a scam is to intentionally deprive by deceit.

I think a lot of times people use the term to loosely when talking about programs...

I agree. When a person/company is intentionally misleading or being deceptive for the purposes of maximizing profits while disregarding the claims made to customers, then scam can be fairly called.

More often than not though, it just gets used to describe generally bad opportunites - things you would typically file under C: For Crap.

I try to avoid doing that when possible, or at least try to explain it as such.

Do things get unfairly labled scams? Sure, in all likelihood I would guess so. It's not a perfect world by any means. It just goes to underscore the importance of making your own evaluations based on the information you have, your reasoning, and maybe even your intuitions.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Newbie Member

A scam is a dishonest attempt to trap you into parting wth your money. Unfortunately we have all experienced being cheated in one way or another, and we all know how it feels.

A 'scammer' may make a personal approach, with an offer too good to be true. Someone may email you, phone, text-message or post an offer that they press you to take up.

They can often use persuasive techniques that can be hard to resist. They can sometimes make you feel that you are petty or inadequate if you resist or even question their offer.

But there are warning signs that you are being conned. There are patterns that you can learn to recognise. You can learn to spot a scam coming, and you can learn the skills to respond.