report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Predictomobile Texting Scam

Avoid this company, unless you want extra charges and text messages on your cell phone.

I was surfing online and decided to take a quiz (which was on AOL, by the way). I answered the quiz questions and when I finished, I was switched to a page that told me I could recive my score on my cell phone. I was hesitant, but decided to try it.

The end result was that I was signed up to a service that charged $9.95 per month to my cell phone account. I called my provider and got the charges removed, and got the service cancelled.

The main point is, www.predictomobile.com is running a deceptive program designed to sign up people to their game-playing site. They don't tell you that your cell number is being charged; they just do it.

I have also launched a complaint with the F.C.C. I'll keep you all apprised of the outcome.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Predictomobile Texting Scam

“We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like address any concerns. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry. Keep in mind, our toll-free customer service number is also posted on our website as well as included in SMS messages sent to your phone.

Please note that a customer enrolls in our service by submitting their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains the terms and conditions including price of service and billing to the cell phone. We then send the user a text message to their personal cell phone which again details this information. In order to activate the account, the user must then enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation from their cell phone. The clear disclosures and double opt-in process ensures high levels of consumer protection and satisfaction. In the event that someone wants to cancel the service one can simply text “stop” to 654654 or call Customer Service and they will assist you. Again, we look forward to speaking with you and resolving any concerns which you may have.”

Sincerely,

Customer Service
PredictoMobile

Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This "Jim" character is a liar. This standard response has been generated to perpetuate this dispicable scam. You will never get a refund from these jerks. I called the number and was asked for my phone number by a woman who gave me a fake American name and who spoke in a foreign accent. I tried to get a refund from my phone company (Sprint), but they assured me that there was nothing that they could do. I vote to put this guy "Jim" and his cohorts in prison where thay all belong.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

That so called "message" from "Jim Fernandez" has been plastered at every site in which this scam has been mentioned.

I never even heard of "PredictoMobile" until I looked at my US Cellular bill when it came in today's mail!

When I did a Google search and found quite a large number of complaints, I immediately went directly to http://predicto.com and found a link for "Support." I entered in a request to "cancel this unauthorized subscription to [their] "Premium Service." I also provided the name and address of my attorneys, and made certain to let them know that I'd printed a copy of the screen for my attorney's records.

I then called US Cellular and spoke a length to a very helpful representative who immediately placed a block on any text messaging (I wasn't even aware I had SMS on my account!), and requested a refund for the $9.99 on this month's bill.

Tomorrow I will be dropping off a copy of all correspondence to my attorneys, who've agreed to contact the States Attorney for New Jersey, as well as a few other attorneys who're working on a class-action litigation.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too was scammed by this company. Well my son was. I was charged for 5 months! STUPID RIGHT?! I didn't realize what it was. Just thought is was something to do with what he does on-line with his cell. Well now I know and had him cancel but I want my money back!!! This is rediculous that someone can get by with this. In these tough economic times no one can afford this. I would love to know if there is a class action lawsuit of any kind.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 PM
howie

i was given a cell phone in 2003, that is usually termed as "a burner, meaning it was intended to be used for a short period of time, and then disposed.
however, my use of the phone was to pay as i go. and anyone that has been scammed, by having a contractual account that thieves could attach themselves to, ought think twice about their service provider and their complicity in these scams!
i won't mention the name of my 'pay as you go provider,' but in 5+ years, i have no complaints.
pay as you go. and spend less time sending unnecessary text messages.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:50 AM
barbie1551

Oh yes my son whom is on my cell phone plan all so got monthly charges from them,he said he called them a couple of times to cancel...said they would still charged 9.99 every month...I finally called Sprint yesterday and they were kind enough to take all the back charges off my bill and credit my account. Watch out everyone for Predictomobile...they are out to scam you

Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

A class action complaint is opened against Predicto Mobile, LLC in Easter District of Michigan on 09/18/2009.
I get caught in Predicto Mobile scam using Verizon Cell like 1000s other. Since September 18, 2009 Predicto Mobile is sued in a class action for charging cell fees of past customer on actual customer (“get the money where it’s easy to get”).
In just two words, when you get a cell phone number, it’s usually a cell phone number used by a previous customer. This previous customer may have subscribed to some Predicto Mobile services in dream or in reality.
If you are lucky, by acquiring this new cell phone number, you will get charged for Predicto Mobile premium text without subscription .
The double opt-in process presented by Predicto Customer Service is a kind of joke: there is no opt-in process. You may have been opted-in by somebody who wanted to get rid of Predicto Mobile premium message by asking for a new cell phone number and you get this person old phone number(with the Predicto Mobile scam bonus).
For your information the case file is opened in Easter District of Michigan as a class action complaint against Alltel Communications, LLC and Predicto Mobile, LLC (case 2:09-cv-13691-DPH-MAR filed 09/17/2009).
Alltel is sued because this Cell phone company authorized Predicto Mobile to steal the money and didn’t protect his customers from dubious transcations.
The document file can be read at http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/09/18/Alltel2.pdf
Actually it was pretty easy to get a promise by Predicto to send my money back as I tell them about the class action complaint opened on 09/18/2009.
We need now to start probably a second class action for unauthorized charges as the previous class action only deal with former customer contract passed to new customers.
Please document as much as possible each situation described: take pictures of your cell phone messages, keep a copy of your bills.
I try to find if there is another class action started for simply abusive billing against Predicto Mobile: similar class actions already ended with settlement related to unauthorized charges for Mobile Content see Media Breakway, LLC Mobile Content Class Action at
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']http://classactionconnect.com/cell_phone_issues/2009/06/30/media-breakaway-llc-mobile-content-class-action-settlement-announced/[/font]

Old 10-23-2009, 03:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I finally got AT&T to remove this month's Predicto charges. Money just kept dissappearing, finally I inquired.
It starts with constant text messages that cannot be blocked, then the $9.99 comes off!! Now I'm fighting to get the refund from all the other months charges that I did not catch.
WTF Why is this sort of thing allowed.
There should be laws in place to protect the consumer.
I would be put in jail if I stole $10, a month for thousands of people.
Sad state of affairs.
I'm a student trying to pay my own way, and I spend way too much time fighting for my rights.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I am new at Scam.com

IS there another class action against Predicto. I have a serious case!! thanks

Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just found this $9.99 on my cell phone bill. What a scam. My son was tricked into answering a test message. They then proceed to bill you $9.99 until a parent notices. I do not understand how this can be legal in any way shape or form. I am filing a BBB complaint against T-Mobile as well as Predictomobile for unlawfully entering into contracts.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul View Post
IS there another class action against Predicto. I have a serious case!! thanks
Did you ever find out? I will join the class action. They entered into a contract with a minor without anyone knowing. My cell phone company T-Mobile burried it under a collapsed tab called premium services.

The whole thing is crooked.